Start by marking “Mé jméno je nikdo (Kronika Černých andělů #1)” as Want to Read:
Mé jméno je nikdo (Kronika Černých andělů #1)

Mé jméno je nikdo

(The Black Angel Chronicles #1)

BOJOVNICE. LHÁŘKA. STUDENTKA. ŠPIONKA
Sedmnáctiletá Reagan Elizabeth Hillisová je zvyklá přes noc měnit svou identitu, lhát všem přátelům, které kdy měla, a odehnat každého, kdo by se jí dostal příliš blízko k tělu. Reagan je od dětství cvičená v boji na život a na smrt a umí zacházet s jakoukoli zbraní, protože se od ní očekává, že půjde ve stopách svých rodičů a rozšíří ř
Published May 2017 by Mystery Press (first published January 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Mé jméno je nikdo, please sign up.
Neeshma Nazar Ayyaril 9781250123619 -You Won't Know I'm Gone
Above given is the 2nd Book!

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Overall a 4. Extremely cozy teen crush story gave it the extra star it needed to get rounded up to the 5.

Q:
Mom and Dad do their best to ease my mind but I don’t know of too many other sixteen-year-olds who have weapons stashed in hiding spots outside of school. Who sleep with knives taped to their headboards or know ten different ways to break someone’s neck. Looking over my shoulder will be my life and I guess I’m okay with that. (c)
Q:
... stomach is perfectly flat, the result of five hundred pu
Kristy Mauna
Kristen Orlando delivers in her debut, You Don't Know My Name, and I absolutely LOVED this book! It's been awhile since I've found myself sitting on the edge of my seat, not able to stop turning the pages in a book.

"I just wanted to be part of something normal, something that was mine."

The story immediately brings you into Reagan's thrilling life as her family is being forced into their panic room, thanks to an assassin invading their home. Opening up with this scene was genius, in my opinion.
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

This was one of my anticipated releases of 2017. I love spy books and couldn't wait to read this! Unfortunately I was really disappointed.

The first half was fantastic! I loved Reagan and her relationships with the people around her. Especially her mother. This was different from most spy books. Unlike a majority of spy books Reagan has not spent her life working in the spy world. She has been training but hasn't actually gone on any missions. So she actually gets to experience a
Stacee
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I'm a sucker for secret spy stories, so I was pretty excited about this one.

I liked Reagan well enough. She's quite a BAMF, but tempered with a whiny and stubborn teenager, which made it read authentically. I loved Luke {surprise, surprise} and her friends, but really hoped for more from the relationship with her parents.

It's a bit of a slow burn until The Event happens and then it's pretty fast paced. And even though I liked it, I still feel like something was missing. The ending is wicked and
Anna Priemaza
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Holy intense, Batman! My heart was basically pounding out of my chest for the entire final third of the book and for about an hour after I finished reading.

Both the beginning and ending of YOU DON'T KNOW MY NAME set my heart racing, while the middle made it dissolve into a mushy mess. I am a complete sucker for BFF love stories, and Reagan and Luke were just too adorable for words.

One of my favourite things about this book was the anxiety and panic attacks Reagan has to deal with throughout the
Kristy K
2.5 Stars

Great for fans of Ally Carter and Robin Benway.

This read really young (like middle grade) until the last 10% when the violence and language picked up. There was a twist at the end I wasn’t expecting in a YA book, and though the rest of the book wasn’t bad, I think I was just too old for it. Most of the time I got annoyed with Reagan’s behavior.
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

As a fan of any spy-related book out there, I knew I would love You Don’t Know My Name before I even picked it up. This intense thriller starts off with a bang and never loses the momentum. I loved the main character’s strength and sensitivity and the more complex and serious aspects of the book. I am sure that everyone will love this believable story!

You Don’t Know My Name is a fast-paced thriller about a girl who is a member of a secret society and must rescue her parents who have bee
Jen Petro-Roy
I loved this book! Reagan's strength, her (HOT!) relationship with Luke, her fears and hopes for her future, and the pressures she's under are all so well developed. Suspenseful and compelling. I can't wait for the sequel.
Joanna (joreadsalot)
This book was a real surprise for me and that is because it has been a while since I've read a 'spy-like' book. The ones I do remember reading were terribly slow and they spent to much time hiding the MC's true identity from parents and/or friends or vice versa. I'm looking at you Palace of Spies. Either way it hasn't deterred me from trying to read others with this theme because I do enjoy spy movies from time to time. I am glad I continued with this book.

I've been using the term spy a lot in t
Alaina
Actual rating: 3.5

You Don't Know My Name was pretty interesting to read. Once I saw the cover, I was kind of intrigued. Then I read the synopsis and I was a little bit more intrigued.

Reagan was an entertaining and likable character. She's a teenage super spy and one hundred percent awesome and bad ass. Of course there's something in her way: her next door neighbor. At that point, I was totally down for a next door neighbor kind of romance. However, I didn't really see Reagan as the girl next do
Jen Ryland
In short: fast-paced and gripping, but felt a little flat to me as well, with not a lot of nuance in plot and character development.

Reagan's parents are a members of a super-secret organization called the Black Angels that swoops in and handles stuff like kidnappings and hostage situations. (Not sure if they are mercenaries or more like black ops. The book does mention the Special Activities Division of the CIA, so maybe they are government-affiliated. Anyone? Enlighten me in comments...)

The s
Leah
***I received an ARC of this through a Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review.***

Today, February 2, 2017, is the day I officially give up on trying to read this book.

DNF ~20%

I've struggled with trying to read this since I got the ARC from Goodreads back in November, but I can't do it anymore.

The little bit of the book I made it through read like a 5 year old writing a grocery list. And then there was one character (don't ask me her name, tbh I don't remember the names of anyone f
Kayla
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-ya-debut
Kristen Orlando's YOU DON'T KNOW MY NAME built to a sizzling intensity that had me biting my nails and turning pages so, so fast (and even inspired me to do some terribly executed push-ups—suffice it to say I was *quite* impressed with main character Reagan’s endurance/strength/skills).

I loved the relationships in this book: Reagan's never been able to settle anywhere, and she's finally in a place where she hopes to stay and grow roots with the people she loves—but the life she was born into is
Katy Upperman
I went into this book expecting a fun spy story, but by the novel's end I was tense and torn and totally heartbroken. Seventeen-year-old MC Reagan's parents are Black Angels -- super secret spies who go out on dangerous missions and change their identities at a moment's notice. That means Reagan, too, has to pick up and move, often in the middle of the night, leaving her fledging friendships -- not to mention a piece of herself-- behind. Thanks to a childhood spent training in martial arts and w ...more
Uma   ~Books.Bags.Burgers.
Buddy read with The Blog Squad! The lovely Amy and the amazing Di

CHARACTERS

No. just no. I started off really liking the protagonist, Reagan but soon I reached a point where I just wanted to hurl something at every single character. There is a limit to the number of one dimensional characters I can handle in one story. There's all the stereotypes - the girl with a secret, the boy with a secret, the boy crazy girl, the mean girl... I could just go on. I do think the stereotypes wouldn't have
Andrew Shvarts
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The “YA Spy Thriller” is a grossly underrepresented genre, so I was thrilled to get my hands on an ARC of YOU DON’T KNOW MY NAME. And let me just say, it totally delivered. This book is a kinetic, action-packed thrill ride, with pulse-pounding twists framing a surprisingly sweet and compelling romance. Reagan is a great protagonist, at once badass and vulnerable, selling both the elite Black-Angel-To-Be and the teen girl trying to define who she is. I burned through this book in one night, stayi ...more
Amanda Searcy
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun. I gobbled it up in one sitting! You will HAVE to keep turning the page to see what happens next with Reagan and her black ops parents and her relationship with Luke. (I totally have a book crush on him now.) It would make a great movie-especially the manure scene (ewww!).
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted on Mostly YA Lit:
Review: You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando
I came into You Don't Know My Name hoping for an Ally Carter like spy story. And knowing Swoon Reads, I expected a fast-paced book with a lot of romance. This book is definitely not Ally Carter, but it does do an okay job with the whole "normal girl who is secretly a spy" idea.

I liked Reagan and her friendships, and I enjoyed the romance with her neighbour Luke. I also appreciated that the author took he
Caroline
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2017-debuts
I was so lucky to get my sticky mitts on an advance copy of this book, and I finished it in record time - what a thrill-ride! Kristen Orlando really knows how to write suspense and action, and there's lots of both in here. But still, there is a lot of very moving questioning, self-doubt and fear too, unlike some other teen spy novels. And of course there's the love interest... yup, that really works too!

I really think that teen readers who came through the excellent Gallagher Girls series when t
Stephanie Elliot
You Don't Know My Name is a thrill ride of a novel that will get your heart pounding in two ways -- from the adrenaline rush as you read about Reagan as she puts Black Angels training and skills to use; and then your heart will also pound from the anticipation of the romance between Reagan and ROTC cadet Luke as the heat ignites between these two high schoolers! I loved the romantic elements AND the spy themes and can't wait for book two. My hope is that in book two there will be a surprise abou ...more
Mallory Ray
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect combination of suspense and love interest kept me reading for hours on end. I couldn’t put it down!! Can’t wait for the next book!
Brinkley
Mar 08, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Me and my spy novels...

As some of you know, spy novels are my greatest weaknesses.

This is a spy novel.

LET ME READ IT.
Rachael (RedRchlReads)
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
4 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book, another that is completely out of my "usual" reads genres.

RTC
Mandy Peterson
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PHEW! Well, you know a book is good when you immediately reach out to the author during and after reading. You also know a book is good when you immediately go add it to your Amazon list and pre-order it, even though you have already read it.

A promising, action packed beginning to a new series from a debut (I checked a million times online because this book is THAT good) author, "You Don't Know My Name" had EVERYTHING I love in a book:
-strong female characters
-good role models
-action, action, A
rachel ❀
You Don’t Know My Name was okay. The plot was enjoyable for the most part, especially the second half, but I was frustrated by how often I had to suspend my belief. You cannot convince me that the CIA would ever use two teenagers on a mission like this. I do not care what the circumstances were or their desperation level. It was beyond ridiculous. One of them had no training whatsoever. Without training, you don’t know tactics or protocols and would be a hindrance to the mission,, without taking ...more
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
One thing that YA seems to lack is spy novels. And You Don’t Know My Name filled that void in my heart, the need to read a book with a deadly main character, a mission gone wrong, and a villain seeking revenge. Are you ready for a book that will give you a kickass protagonist, a cute boy next door, and a glorious ship with some spying on the side? Then You Don’t Know My Name is the book for you.

I was gripped from the very start. Reagan’s story fascinates me because I’ve always wanted an introspe
Cale Dietrich
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a romantic, kick-ass spy book and I had a total blast reading it!

Reagan is a fantastic, complicated heroine and the clear star of the show. I really, really loved her growth in this. She’s truly kick-ass (the fight scenes/set pieces, you guys!), which was amazing, but I also feel like we got to know a lot about her and her feelings about the spy lifestyle that she’s been forced into. I really appreciated this, as I feel it gave the novel a lot of depth while still being so much fun.

And
Kate Watson
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up and finished it the same night. It was completely unputdownable. The book will appeal to older fans of The Gallagher Girls series, no question. The romance made the beginning and the action made the ending. Orlando effortlessly managed to play on so many different emotions and added a complexity to spy books you don't often see.

Now to fangirl for a minute. Luke and Reagan!!! I went all heart-eye-emoji for like 150 pages, and I would gladly read double that of scenes of just the
Sydnie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nyp
This book was exciting from start to finish. Reagan is a compelling character with an equally compelling history. I was rooting for her every step of the way.
Angie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a Young Adult Spy/Suspense/Thriller/Action story. It is on a first person, single POV. We have Reagan, daughter of two very skilled Black Angel agents.

Black Angel, a bit of a lame name honestly, is a secret organization under the government who deals with assassins, terrorists and other things that the government tells them to do.

Reagan had trainings since she was a kid and is considered a prodigy of the Black Angel organization. She's been switching homes and her cover so many times tha

• Desert Dark (Dark #1)
  • I Am the Mission (The Unknown Assassin, #2)
  • Price of Duty
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Ask the Dark
  • Wesley James Ruined My Life
  • Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Bottom of the Sea
  • Nil Unlocked (Nil, #2)
  • The Silent Oligarch (Ben Webster, #1)
  • Run, Hide, Fight Back
  • The Ruby Airship (The Diamond Thief #2)
  • Done Dirt Cheap
  • Edges
  • Conspiracy Girl
  • Kissing Max Holden
  • Jinxed
  • Wild Hearts (If Only . . ., #4)
  • Devil's Harbor

The Black Angel Chronicles (3 books)
  • You Won't Know I'm Gone (The Black Angel Chronicles #2)
  • You Won't See Me Coming (The Black Angel Chronicles #3)