Start by marking “Doc Doc Zeus: A Novel of White Coat Crime” as Want to Read:
Doc Doc Zeus: A Novel of White Coat Crime

Doc Doc Zeus: A Novel of White Coat Crime

Dr. Hartwicke Zeus sexually preys upon his women patients, including Diane, a suburban teenager who feels guilty and lost after having previously given away her baby girl. Zeus relishes the challenge of bending his intelligent and spirited young patient to his will. The Board of Medicine knows what Dr. Zeus is doing, but its young investigator is repeatedly thwarted in his ...more
Published August 1st 2017 by Real Nice Books

To ask other readers questions about Doc Doc Zeus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doc Doc Zeus

Linda Strong
Dr. Zeus is slime. He's a serial cheater and he likes them young. He also likes them addicted to drugs and if they aren't when he first meets them, they soon are.

Diane is 16 years ago. She was pregnant at 14 and gave her baby up for adoption. She finds Dr. Zeus a good listener, but she's really starting to question why he needs to examine her so often.... and why he writes so many prescriptions for her when she doesn't need them.

Dave is an employee of the state medical board. He stumbles over an
Petra
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.75 stars. Told from three different points of view, this was an interesting story about a narcissistic doctor, a vulnerable teenage girl, and an ardent investigator at the medical board.
At age 14, Diane fell pregnant and after giving birth to a baby girl, gave her up for adoption. She has been seen regularly by Dr. Hartwicke Zeus who takes a special interest in her. Diane is vulnerable, feeling lonely, and easily falls for the charms of forty-something Zeus.
David is new to his job at the Boar
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Immediately this book reminded me of the opening scene in Hand that Rocks the Cradle. Where the gynecologist is clearly not using gloves as he's "examining" his female patients. Dr. Zeus takes it a step further with drug induced rape and taking advantage of a teenage girl.

This book volleys back and forth through the POVs of Dr. Zeus and his sexual misbehavior, David, a lawyer who looks deep into the case of women accusing Dr. Zeus of sexual misconduct and Diane, the teenager that Dr. Zeus manip
Donna Davis
Thank you to Net Galley, the author, and Real Nice Books for the DRC, which I read free and early in exchange for this honest review. This novel was published earlier this month and is for sale now.

Doc Doc Zeus is a tough one to review. There are strengths that drew me at the outset and I thought I was going to love it; unfortunately, the literary aspects and a blind spot or two regarding women and rape have kept me from cheering and promoting the way I expected.

Conceptually, it’s innovative an
Gloria
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an eARC of this book.
This is a book about a despicable doctor who sexually abuses some of his patients and gets them hooked on drugs. It really doesn't have much to commend it. The characters are not well developed and most of them are not likable. The descriptions of sex are matter of fact and not interesting. The action is slow until the last part where it picked up enough to keep me reading. The description of the book and the background of the autho
Cat Ellington
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Featured at the Review Period with Cat Ellington from 2018-10-31 - 2018-11-14, Doc Doc Zeus by Thomas Walton Keech has been archived for its place in the Reviews by Cat Ellington Complete Anthology book series.

• Thank you kindly, Real Nice Books, Thomas Walton Keech, and NetGalley!

The Review Period with Cat Ellington: https://catellington.blogspot.com/
John
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Despite the goofy title, this book is serious and often disturbing. Dr. Zeus uses his position to sexually abuse young women. One young woman, Diane, grows suspicious of Zeus’s behavior as he grows more violent in their relationship. The book seems particularly timely as this reader lives near Lansing, MI and the descriptions of abuse mirror the descriptions of alleged abuse by the MSU gymnastics coach. Further, the story of a powerful and arrogant Zeus who rapes Diane has numerous ties to Greek ...more
Kati Berman
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diane is a teenager, who got pregnant at age 14 and gave her baby up for adoption . She was under the care of Dr. Zeuss, who continued to want to see her, even after there was no longer a medical need for that. He first befriends Diane, then supplies her with drugs and develops a sexual relationship with her that becomes more and more abusive as time goes on.
David is an investigator with the medical board and investigates Dr Zeuss after a complaint of rape by another woman and is frustrated when
Randi Robinson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diane was young girl who had gotten pregnant at 14 and gave the baby away. She was helped by a church that was almost a cult and had attended their church school. Now she was back at her regular school. She felt that she did not fit in anywhere. The kids at both schools treated her like a freak. The one person she could talk to was Woody who had been into drugs in middle school and was clean now, living in a garage and working two part time jobs.
Doctor Hartwicke Zeus was an obstetrician working
Irene Adam
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free advance e-copy of this book and have chosen to write an honest and unbiased review. I have no personal affiliation with the author. Dr. Zeus is a unscrupulous and despicable physician who sexually abuses a very vulnerable and impressionable underage girl. This isn’t the first and won’t be the last unless he is caught. He also prescribes addicting medication for each of them to ‘help’ their maladies and make them feel better. This man is unconscionable and without remorse as he ...more
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Gynecologist that preys on young women, is addicted to drugs, Did I mention he is also a cheater? This book is told from 3 different perspectives: the doctor, a 16 yr old patient and a relentless investigator who has issues of his own. Bring these three people together and what you receive is one heck of story. I could not put this book down. Awesome read. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review. I will look for this author again
Sara
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to be able to rate this book higher. It starts off well, but then rather stagnates and drags on.

The story is told from three different points of view: a misogynist doctor, a vulnerable teenage girl, and a determined investigator at the medical board.
I liked the way that the story had the different perspectives. It defenitatly kept it interesting. It is a powerful topic and had the potential of being a really great book.
Patricia Moren
This is a story of a 16year old girl grieving over an illegitimate baby that she had to give away and being abused by a perverted gynaecologist. I struggled with this, no likeable characters or any I could relate to .The writing style wasn't enabling and the descriptions pedantic. Not my kind of story and seemed to border on voyeurism.
Trina
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
I received this arc from Netgalley.

A good, solid read. This book had me flipping pages like crazy. The things this doctor got up to was unbelievable. I enjoyed reading this book.
LEANDRO
Dec 31, 2018
Lynda Stevens
We are first introduced to 16-year-old Diane Morrell as her legs are in the stirrups, being examined by the handsome and altruistic doctor, Hardwicke Zeus.

Diane, by the standards of the small-town bible belt area in which she lives, is perceived as damaged goods. She had a baby that she gave away for adoption at the age of 14. So it follows that attention from an older mentor figure who always schedules her appointments last might be flattering, though she is sharp enough to ask Dr Zeus why he
Julie Keech
Jun 23, 2017
Faith Cushing
Jun 26, 2017
Thomas Keech
Jun 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Elizabeth Sweeney