Start by marking “Promised (The Clans #1)” as Want to Read:
Promised (The Clans #1)

Promised

(The Clans #1)

Eight years ago, my life was changed forever. My family was slaughtered before my eyes, and then their killer took me as his own personal trophy.
I’d hoped, prayed, for rescue—believing that finding the last remaining Vasile would be a priority—but nobody came. They forgot about me, practically abandoned me to my fate.
And, ever since, that’s been my life.
Years later, I’ve c
Published July 2017 by Elizabeth Knox

To ask other readers questions about Promised, please sign up.
Elizabeth Knox Hi there,

Hi there,

I actually have tons more books on the way for ya'll. My next release after Promised will be Tough As Steele, the first book in my billionaire gunrunner series. After that Redemption, the second book in the Skulls Renegade MC will be out. I may be having a surprise release coming out between November and December (cross your fingers that I have it ready in time!) and then Revenge (Skulls Renegade #3) will be my debut into 2018, releasing on New Years Day. :)

I'm hoping to have the second book in The Clans series,"The Trade" on February 4th, 2018. I want to make sure it's absolutely perfect for ya'll.
If you loved Promised, you'll absolutely adore The Trade :)(less)

*Dee's books!
"Promised" by Elizabeth Knox was a dark and edgy story. Heroine, Marianna and hero, Ion butted heads a lot but it was to be expected with all that Marianna had gone through in the past eight years. Triggers abound ... again this is a dark read!

Really looking forward to reading book 2, "The Trade" which is out now!

4/4.5 stars
M. Corchis
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down, it grabbed me from the first few paragraphs and never let go!
Mariana's father is the head of the Romanian Mob & has Promised his daughter to the son of a college. Ion has been fascinated with her since her birth.
With a twist of events, her family is killed and Mariana is taken. She endures years of torture, beatings & childbirth at the hands of her sadistic captor.
Ion never stops looking for his betrothed & with an unexpected break, Ion finds Marianas....bruis
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I enjoyed this quick dark, mob romance and could not put it down! Ion and Mariana were promised to each other at a very young age by their parents. At the age of 16, Mariana, was taken hostage leaving Ion to search for her for years.

"We were poised to be the Ken and Barbie of the mafia."

I fell in love with Ion and his arrogant, dominating personality. Especially when he allowed Mariana to make her own decisions and letting her to heal after being held prisoner for years.

"Come, let's go to b
Becky
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hea for know book.

This is a story of the mob. Abduction, torture and rape. I liked the story after Ana was rescued. I liked Ion and I even liked Ion and Ana together. What I didn't like was the fact Ana is tortured, raped and forced to service her abductor and within days of being rescued she is fine! No trauma, fear of men or ptsd nothing ! It was brought up repeatedly but it was addressed in the story to me as a second thought . Not a fan of making such a serious subject handled this way. If y
Anne Milne
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love everything about Mafia stores for me it's the balance of good man versus evil actions.
The book starts off with a bang, we meet Ion who has been searching for the young woman betrothed to him when they were children. Mariana is living in hell, after watching her family murdered she was kidnapped.
Ion has never stopped looking for Mariana because she is the key to ultimate power over the families. Mariana is no naive girl, in the time she's been gone she has dealt with unimaginable pain an
Amber
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Promise by Elizabeth Knox is an amazing action packed and fun read. I literally read this book in less then 24 hours. It is well written and I enjoyed the characters ok I enjoyed MOST of the characters. This was my first experience with a mob book and it definitely won't be my last. I can easily say add the mob type books to my to read list because this has opened up a can and there's no going back. I hope this author likes book stalkers because I will be reading the rest of her work and stalkin ...more
Adrianne
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description

I have to say this was exactly what I hoped for. A great introduction to a new mafia romance series.

Ion, a ruthless mafia boss, determined to find the woman that was promised to him many years ago. A woman that was supposed to be a ticket to becoming the most influential head of the mafia family.
Mariana spent the last decade being used and abused by an awful man, and now finds herself in the hands of another, possessive and dangerous.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely read th
Cinthia
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I definitely didn't expect to devour this book in one sitting. But I just couldn't get enough of this compelling read. As a fan of mafia romances, I was immediately intrigued by this story after reading the description. I hadn't read any of this author's books before, but I was very interested in reading this new series. This author didn't disappoint. I'm really looking forward in the next books in the Clans series! Promised has everything that I love about mafia romances and much more. It seeme ...more
Ashley
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The novella promised was a pleasant surprise. Initially when the book talked about the Clans I thought it meant Irish or Scottish. So, it was with interest that I realized that the Clans that the book was discussing were Romanian mob Clans. I didn't even know that was a thing until I began to read this book so that was a nice surprise right off the bat. From the first few pages Ana became very endearing to me and reflected in the story a lot of what I had been through personally. Sadly it also m ...more
Maria11
Could have been great

I loved the concept of this book. It started well then it had timeline problems, character flaws, plot holes, and stuff hat just didn’t make sense if Ion was the head of the mafia.

1. How did it take 8 years to find Ana? They are a criminal element with lots of pull and connections. Then it took them what two weeks to find another character who was kidnapped by the same person?

2. How do you recover so fast from eight years of rape and torture? It took you 2 weeks? No flashba
Leigh
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Promised is book 1 in the Clans series and my first book from this author. I liked the concept of the story and I thought it had lots of potential but unfortunately it never reached a WOW moment for me. Most of my issues with the book was that it was short so everything happens quickly. I thought the pace was to fast for Mariana to deal with what happened to her for 8 years in captivity. I felt it was handled like it was no big deal but how does a woman become intimate so quickly with a man afte ...more
Becky Rendon
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
If you know anything about me, you know I love mafia books. Don't let the word clan fool you. I thought not sure why, that it might have been a highlander book. Nope, it's totally a Romanian mafia story.

So fellow mafia lovers here what you need to know:
1. Ana (Mariana) was kidnapped at 16.
2. Her betrothed through an arranged marriage contract has been searching for her for 8 years.
3. This book gets messy. Lots of not nice people...

Get it?!?

This book is a first for me. I had never read a Roman
Stacey Schneller
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first read by Elizabeth Knox and boy did she blow me away with this book. It was a crazy ride I did enjoy this story. Lots of action and twists. A fast paced read and wonderful writing this was. I loved every minute of this book. It really did keep me on my toes.

The characters Ion and Mariana were so we'll written they were both stong set of characters. Told in pov by Mariana. Mariana had a hard past but kept strong since she had so much to still live for.

I am looking forward to the next boo
Ginette
DNF @48% no rating hard time connecting with the characters and the story
Jade
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was dark and dirty just the way I like em! It had me hooked from the start and I can't wait to read more from this series
Azusa
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 star's

It is not an actual cliff hanger but more of a to be continued cliffy.
Cynthia Rollins
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing 5 star read!! This story starts out as Ion a Clan member whose parents had a contract that he would marry their daughter and he would become head of the Clan. Mariana (Ana) is kidnapped at 16. After 8 years of searching Ion is reunited with her. Ion's already preparing for the wedding, but Ana is not so sure. Parts of it brought me to tears, but loved the twists and turns. This was such a great read!! Would definitely recommend this book. I can't wait for the next one💕
Shannon
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full of suspense this story had me intrigued from the start. I loved the style of writing and the mystery of Mariana's story had me devouring this book in no time! Looking forward to the next book.
Olivia Hatton
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars.
I felt it could have flowed better and I had a lot of questions throughout the book that weren't answered. I loved the storyline and the way the character described Ion! He was super dreamy.
Saniya
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
once I started reading I couldn't put it down. It pulled me completely in its world that I couldn't believe I finished it within hours.
Jenna
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked within the first few chapters. Mariana is up ducted when she is 16 taken by another mob member. She was promised to Ion from the day that she was born. He is determined to find her and will stop at nothing to have her back. It is full of action, suspense and hot romance. Definitely recommend to anyone who loves a suspense romance.
Dee Winston
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mariana is my shero. No matter what Jonas put her thru she still stayed strong even when all hope was gone. And once Ion rescued her she knew she had to get her daughter back. And that's the woman Ion fell In love with, and he'd do anything to keep her safe. They are his world now.
AC Squared Book Blog
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! There was so much angst and tension, it made it all so refreshing! I love when books aren't your typical romance, they make you work to figure out what is going to happen.

Ion and Mariana were both such strong characters and I love that they went head to head so often. He really treated her as an equal more than I would have expected. Mariana had such a strong past and had gone through so much, she just had so much to live for. Ion, he had a much different life and he really
J.N. McGhee
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was consistent; the plot stayed on topic and did not stray at all! This was my first mob story I've read; I just couldn't get enough! Also, I loved the cat and mouse game/push and pull effect going on between Ian and Marianna. But it displayed how the two were a formidable power couple together! I can't wait for the other sequels; Awesome job, Ms. Knox!
Chasidy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Promised!!

Ion....sigh! He is an alpha male and has no mercy. I loved his determination to find Mariana. At first, I thought he was just looking for her to take his spot at the head of the mob, but he does have a softer side. After all these years, will he marry her?

Mariana, has endured so much. Her character blew me away! I do not want to give too much away in fear of spoiling the book for anyone.

Promised consumed me from cover to cover! I found myself easily lost in the characters and
Anita Glover
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Promised by Elizabeth Knox is Book One of ‘The Clans’ series. It contains physical and emotional assault/abuse and scenes of violence. It tells the story of Marianna Vasile and Ion.
Marianna is heir to the ‘throne’ of the Clans: whoever marries her becomes the ‘King’ of the Mob. At the age of sixteen her family is slaughtered in front of her and she is taken captive. She becomes the ‘personal property’ of her captor and during that time she gives birth to a daughter who she fiercely protects with
Tracy Antonelli Manderson
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Promised (The Clans #1) by Elizabeth Knox
5 out of 5 stars,
This book contains physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and lots of violence so if any of these thing will cause a trigger please do not read…..

This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Knox and I simply loved it. When I read the Clans I thought ooh a new shifter series but I was wrong it was anew mob series and what a great first book to start this series. The characters are well written and the story line was defiantly believable.
Emma Morreale
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Promised is the first book in The Clans series by Elizabeth Knox. From reading the description, I was expecting something set in medieval Scotland but that was about as far from the actual setting as you could get. This story is set in modern day New York and revolves around the heir to the Romanian mob. Mariana is a wonderful character and there are many things I like about her. Even though she’s been subjected to horrendous torture for eight years, she hasn’t lost her fiery spirit and more imp ...more
Angela
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Promised is the first book in The Clans Series by Elizabeth Knox. It is a fantastic mafia romance, which is a little dark and quite suspenseful. Going in I wasn’t really sure of what to expect, but the blurb sounded intriguing and so I took the chance. I am so glad that I did because this story is a real page turner. So good that I devoured it in one sitting.
Mariana Vasile (Ana) was the daughter of the head of Romanian Mob. She is the last of her bloodline, as her parents were murdered in
Beth
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Promised by Elizabeth Knox was a four star read. The book did have some topics throughout it that I believe to be controversial. Some of the topics are things like kidnapping, rape and abuse that are not discussed enough in today’s society.
In the beginning, I wasn’t a big fan of the story I felt like it jumped around too much but I was able to get over that for the overall plot of the story. I believe the main female character (Mariana) is very strong mentally and spiritually. Most people would
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Beta / Proof Readers: Beta Readers Wanted! 3 29 Jun 11, 2017 10:05AM

• She Was Mine (Incapable #3.5)
  • Playing for Love (Playing Series, Book 2)
  • Going Places
  • Virtue of Death
  • You Can't Hurry Love (A Cates Brothers Book, #5)
  • Murder in Vail
  • Blood Will Tell (The Blood, #1)
  • Resistance (Chicago Defiance MC, #1)
  • Watch Over (The DeLuca Family, #1)
  • The Possibility of Perfect (A Stand By Me Novel, #4)
  • Declan (Soulless Bastards MC - NoCal, #1)
  • Chains: Book One in the Bound Series
  • So Unlike Me (Winning Your Heart, #1)
  • Ford (The Dudnik Circle #1)
  • The Leftover
  • Coming Alive (Welcome to Carson, #1)
  • Small Town Hero (Small Town Brides, #1)
  • Hidden (Ash Park, #4)
Elizabeth is a romantic suspense author most popular for her Mob and MC books, the Amazon and International Bestselling Author of Reign, Redemption, Revenge, Relentless, Reckoning, Reclaimed, Reckless, Promised, The Trade, Cherished, Blackjack, Scarred, Here Kitty, Kitty, Tough as Steele, Stripping a Steele, Darkness Against All Odds and Switched.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/elizabethknoxbooks
IG: w

The Clans (7 books)
  • The Trade (The Clans #2)
  • Cherished (The Clans #3)
  • Deceit (The Clans #4)
  • Love is War (The Clans #5)
  • Defiant (The Clans Book 6)
  • Shattered (The Clans #6)