Start by marking “A Pony Express Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Pony Express Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #1)

A Pony Express Romance

(Wyoming Mountain Tales #1)

After growing up as an orphan, Josiah English wants nothing more than to have his own ranch and raise Arabian horses. Riding for the Pony Express seems like the ticket to his dream. And when he meets the stationmaster's beautiful sister, it seems he may be within reach of the happy life he craves.

Mara Reid is thrilled to finally meet the man of her dreams, and the fact
Audible Audio
Published January 20th 2017 by Misty M. Beller (first published December 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Pony Express Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pony Express Romance

Start your review of A Pony Express Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #1)
Randy Tramp
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josiah English wants to raise Arabian horses. Riding for the Pony Express can help him get his dream. Then he meets the stationmaster's sister, Mara Reid.

I was drawn into the story from the first scene. It was like reading a Louis L'Amour story.

Detailed descriptions gave me the experiences of the Express. Bone-jarring rides on crazy horses over icy hills. The dangers of the job were ever present, and the characters suffered as a result.

Sometimes I held my breath as anticipation mounted, then the
Lori
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewer for A Pony Express Romance

I have this book five stars because I like going back in time and I looooove history.
I love the fact that Misty used The Pony Express as a backdrop because there's just not enough written about the express. It's a fascinating time and I found it interesting that was how our mail used to get carried around
I strongly recommend this book for people who love history and especially the pony express
Brittany
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Pony Express Romance really captivated me and drew me in. The author did a great job of incorporating what it was like for an Express Rider. I was amazed as I learned about the harrowing rides that the hero of the story took, switching horses along the way and then bunking down at one of the Express stations to catch up on rest. Josiah had to persevere through bad weather, watch for Indian raids, and go for long periods of time without sleep!

I also enjoyed reading about the stations
Kathy Brickert
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet lovely story

A fast read but one that keeps your interest the whole ride through! I didn't like the many years that just flew by from page to page but that would have made a much longer book! A new author to me, but am anxious to read on in this series! Good read!
Regina
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Misty M. Beller. She does write a wonderful book and I would read more of her books.

Mara and her brothers run a Pony Express and Stage Station. Josiah is one of the riders for the Pony Express. Mara and Josiah meet through this connection. The chemistry between Mara and Josiah was spot on. Both of them had to overcome a lot of issues before they had to finally discover a relationship. There was plenty of action and suspense throughout the book.

Although this
Beth Erin
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://wp.me/p7ngfE-Nx

As an orphan, Josiah English basically grew up between a rock and a hard place. He's no stranger to hard work and loneliness which makes him an ideal candidate for a Pony Express route.

Mara Reid loves her life in the west. She helps her brothers run the station for express riders and the stagecoach but her passion is working with horses.

There are so many interesting elements within this story, from the stagecoach and Pony Express station
Amy
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Pony Express Romance is such a great story. I lives the interactions between Josiah and Mara. They had quite a few ups and downs. I enjoyed this historical and highly recommend it.
5 stars
Pat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series and it does bring in characters from her previous series. Josiah is new to riding for the pony express. It shows the struggles of the riders, the horses and the station managers. Mara and her two brothers run his home station and sparks start to fly. Mara does the cooking (although Josiah is a better cook) and trains the horses. When Josiah is hurt Mara has to nurse him back to health. While recovering Josiah tries to help out and Mara even trains him to ride ...more
Wendy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

(copied from Amazon.com)

Mara Reid is thrilled to finally meet the man of her dreams, and the fact that they both want to raise horses in the Sweetwater River Valley seems like
Rebecca
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
"That half smile was a killer . . . . made a man want to reach up and stroke her cheek, . . . "

Josiah English was smitten. The lovely Pony Express stationmaster's sister was a beauty, and she seemed to appreciate his attention; if only he wasn't a penniless man, after having been robbed of his life savings on the way to the Sweet Water River Valley of Wyoming.

Mara Reid thinks that Express rider Josiah English is the finest man that she has ever met. Handsome, kind, loves horses, cooks like a
E. Espinoza
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Pony Express Romance, by Misty M. Beller, is the first book in the Sweetwater River Tales. Like a soft blanket on a cool evening, this novel is warm, gentle, and comforting. Ms. Beller skillfully balances moments of sweet romance and ranch life with scenes of brief action and mild peril that move the plot along at an enjoyable pace. Themes of loyalty, redemption, and courage resonate as the characters grow and mature by facing various challenges and overcoming personal struggles. Shown in ...more
Bree
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This was a beautiful and stunning novel that will grip any christian historical fiction fan and keep them reading to the final sentence. I felt at home while reading this story, it is set in Wyoming and I could easily envision the descriptive setting. Tori not only shows strength, she gives it to the reader as well. I felt stronger reading her story, finding out her past and seeing her future. Ezra is a strong male character as well, and they have such a unique dynamic and growth together that
Vivacity
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Let me start off by saying I will be reading more books by Misty Beller! With close attention to historical accuracy, she spins a tale that had my attention right away. Mara, the lead female, is like many women; hard working, more talented in certain skills then men, and leary of love after being burned. She and her brothers run the Rocky Ridge Pony Express and stage coach station in a remote part of Wyoming. Challenges and trouble make all the characters make decisions; some of
Laura Walker
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Historical Western romance is one of my favorite genres, and I think I'll be reading more from this author. I enjoyed her expressive style of storytelling along with memorable characters and thrilling plot. My heart ached when Josiah left Mara for a time and then came back. The author did a great job of showing Mara's pain and the time it took for her heart to heal. Can't wait to read the next story in the series.
Kelly Goshorn
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Pony Express Romance will grab your attention on the first page and keep you turning pages til the end! I fell for Josiah right off and was rooting for him through the entire story. His attraction to Mara was filled with comedic romantic tension especially when he helps her improve her cooking. The characters were well-written and realistic. The author once again laced her story with the kind of rich historical details that bring me back to her novels over and over again.
Cindy Nipper
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christian Historical Romance

Such a delightfully unique book! I especially loved how they grew in their relationship with God! “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

The narrator was great but there’s a humming sound through most of the recording. This was book one of the four book audiobook boxset.
RICHARD LEWIS
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good romance book. For awhile I wondered if the guy would ever get his girl, but all turns out in the end. I guess that's what kept me up late into the night reading this book. Good story and well developed characters. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to others who love a good romance.
Edith G Shearer
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. Highly recommend it. Author is great story teller.

Great story that you will not want to put down. This author is a great storyteller. When you can see the buildings, rivers etc and even the characters you know she is one of the best storytellers. Enjoy the story a lot rd you couldn't tell. Look forward to reading more of her stories.
Elaina
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good start of a series for this author. I really like this author's books. Even if it took me over a month to read with everything I'm doing in my life. It's a wonderful book with adventure, rough times, finding love, finding strength, opening up your heart even after it was broken and loving your life. Can't wait to start the next book!!
Michael Montiero
Witness the warmth and vulnerability of love

This was a wonderful look into the lives of people who were strong and vulnerable at the same time. The family dynamic was totally believable and the story based on actual places and events added to it's charm.
V Shore
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Western Christian romance

Loved the plot and setting. Characters had heart and thoughtfulness. This is an enjoyable 177 or so page storyline with faith interlaced into the romance.
Gretchen Scott
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and I was not disappointed. This was a cute and quick read. It was fun to follow along the main characters in their progress throughout the whole book. There was a really pace to the book with some action and a cute romance.
Linda B. Ellis
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A historical story with a lovely romance

I don't want spoil this story as there were so many twists and turns. I loved the characters two brothers and their sister, Mara. Mara's daughter and the good hearted Josiah,,the orphan.
Marlene
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent storyline...

What a great story! The authors notes made it more special. I saw the whole series is available and plan to get it on KU. It's a western adventure at its best.
GJ S
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clean Christian historical novel

This story started out really slow to me, once it picked up I enjoyed getting to know the characters. The historical part was very interesting and dangerous.
jennifer simmons
Good read

Really enjoyed this book, loved the character of Josiah and Mara. Love the history told in the book of the Pony Express. Highly recommend.
Hanna
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come (hopefully) when I don't have a book to edit. ;)
Thomas Havens
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A long express romance

This book has an easy to follow plot and interesting characters. I recommend this book to all lovers of Christian, historical, romance novels.
Deloris  Mercer
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Thank you Ms. Beller for writing such a great story. Great characters and the setting was refreshing.
It was a great love story. Recommend it to all.
Patricia
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a nice story. My reading this was following a 13-book binge by another author and this suffered for it a bit.

• Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Arrangement  (Brides of Inspiration #1)
  • An Old-Fashioned Texas Christmas: 2-in-1 Holiday Novella Collection
  • The Rancher’s Second Chance Bride  (Brides of Inspiration #3)
  • The Rancher’s Marriage of Convenience (Brides of Inspiration #2)
  • A Convenient Engagement  (Brides of Brighton #1)
  • Unmasking Lady Caroline (Belles of Christmas, #1)
  • Romancing Lord Ramsbury  (Brides of Brighton #3)
  • Marrying Miss Milton  (Brides of Brighton #2)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • A Love Rising from the Ashes
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • Miss Weston's Wager (Brides of Brighton #4)
Misty M. Beller writes romantic mountain stories, set on the 1800s frontier and woven with the truth of God’s love. For a limited time, you can get her bestselling novel, The Lady and the Mountain Man, FREE here: http://bit.ly/2gvrW1a

She was raised on a farm in South Carolina, so her Southern roots run deep. Growing up, her family was close, and they continue to keep that priority today. Her

Wyoming Mountain Tales (4 books)
  • A Rocky Mountain Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #2)
  • A Sweetwater River Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #3)
  • A Mountain Christmas Romance (Wyoming Mountain Tales, #4)