Start by marking “Falling for the Fake Fiance (Snowpocalypse #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Fake Fiance (Snowpocalypse #2)

Falling for the Fake Fiance (Snowpocalypse #2)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
Jill Michaels prides herself on one thing: being independent. That is until her daughter gets into an elite school, and she needs money more than ever. It seems her fairy godmother—aka her deceased Grammy—has granted that wish in the form of one-fourth of her estate. The only catch? She must be married by her thirtieth birthday. In two months.

Aaron Collins is fresh out of
Published June 12th 2017 by Entangled Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Fake Fiance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Fake Fiance

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Falling for the Fake Fiancé is a quick, steamy, and fun read with a swoon-worthy hero and a strong, independent heroine.

When Jill Michaels’ grandmother leaves her a quarter of her estate, it is with a caveat—marry before she turns thirty or the funds will go to her grandmother’s choice of charity. She could really use the money to pay for her daughter’s schooling, but she doesn’t have a boyfriend, let alone a fiancé, and her thirtieth birthday is looming clo
Carol
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Jennifer Blackwood's writing is always a mixture of fun and sassiness. This one was a sweet heartwarming story as well.
It was a really enjoyable read with mostly very lovable characters (think Jill's mother) and it had just the right amount of sexual chemistry and interesting storyline to entertain me and hold my interest.
I just wish that the book was a little longer as I would have liked to know more about Jill and Aaron but the character
Stacee
I am a huge fan of the fake marriage plot line, so I was pretty much sold from the title.

I really liked Jill and Aaron. They're both good people with amazing chemistry and every conversation is filled with banter. I loved that they were childhood friends and had a history between them.

Of course there's the inevitable push away, but the time apart wasn't too long and the ending was perfection. My only complaint was that I didn't realize it was a novella and could have easily read 100 more pages
Irene
4 stars

Falling for the Fake Fiance by Jennifer Blackwood was a very entertaining read.

From the first few pages I was hooked, I enjoyed watching Jill and Aaron interact. They were likable characters that amused me and entertained me with their story.
They had a strong attraction and their chemistry was off the charts!

description

Overall, Falling for the Fake Fiance is a well written, steamy and heartwarming read and a very good addition to the Snowpocalypse series.

I'm really enjoying author Jennifer Blackwood
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Make like the Nike slogan and Just Do It.

Single mom Jill is stunned to learn her Grammy left her a sizable inheritance. The catch? She has to be married by her 30th birthday, which happens to be two measly months away!

If it was just herself Jill had to worry about, she would walk away from her Grammy's well intentioned meddling beyond the grave, but her seven year old daughter Emily could really benefit from the security this money could give her. But where to find a temporary husband?

Aaron's
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
This is oohhh la la.. Oh yeah, that’s what I said after reading this book and Jennifer Blackwell is just to be blamed. Although we’ve all heard about pretend lovers falling in love, might sound cliche and all that, but I still went for this story and I loved it! I’d never settle for just one night with Aaron Collins if I were Jill Michaels. Ha!

Single mom Jill was still in mourning over the loss of her dear grandmother. But Grammy seemed to be still in control of Jill’s love life when she decide
Vicki
Shelves: first-reads
Single mom Jill Michaels works hard to keep her daughter in a private school so that she's challenged and stays focused and out of trouble, but she has to work two jobs and rely on her mom and friends to help with childcare just to make ends meet. When her grandmother leaves a quarter of her estate to Jill, she hopes she will finally see an end to her money troubles, but there's a catch. She has to be married by her 30th birthday, which is only two months away.

Aaron Collins joined the military a
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Another really good contemporary romance by this author. I really liked the first book in this series and this book was just as good. It was short but had so many good elements.

Jennifer Blackwood sure knows how to write a leading man that a girl can't help falling in love with. Aaron was the newest but by no means the least on the list. From his very first introduction to the storyline he showed signs of being fantastic. The more I read, the more I loved. He was just so supportive and I definit
Maria
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
Jennifer Blackwood is a new author for me and this is such a good story. It's funny, sweet and sexy. I loved how the author mixes tenderness with sex and the way these childhood friends (Aaron and Jill) turned to lovers.
The hero’s transition from a lanky boy to a gorgeous man is great to watch. Aaron is a wonderful hero, honorable, solid and sexy. His tentative interactions with Emily, Jill’s daughter, are sweet.
I also liked the char
Jennifer Blackwood
May 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thank you so much for reading my dirty friends to lovers story <3
If you want to keep current on my releases here are the best places to visit:
Newsletter (I promise, I only send out when I have news): http://bit.ly/1TAwPQZ
Jennifer Blackwood Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15412...
Website: http://www.jenniferblackwood.com
Alison
Jill Michaels is a single mother, her daughter Emily's father having taken her money, left her high and dry and then died in a car accident. Despite her mother and grandmother having plenty of money, she has to work two jobs in order to keep her clever daughter at her fancy private school. After her grandmother dies, she learns that she could inherit one quarter of her Grammy's estate IF she is married by her 3oth birthday - only two months away!

After a disastrous speed dating evening with her f
Elizabeth Neal
Jill, a single mom of a seven-year-old daughter, Emily, recently lost her grandmother, but it seems Grammy still has plans for her. Yes, she left Jill something in the will, however, there's a catch. Jill has to be married before her thirtieth birthday...in two months.

With some not so subtle prodding from Kate, one of Jill's best friend, they, along with Mia, another best friend, attend a singles event. Kate is sure Jill can find a solution there, and when an old classmate, Aaron, makes an appea
Amber Hughes
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Single mom Jill Michaels has recently lost her grandmother. At the reading of the will, she finds out that the only way to get her inheritance is if she marries before her 30th Birthday, which is only two months away. Jill can't believe her grandmother would do this to her, but she needs the money to keep paying for her daughter's private school. She’s already working two jobs just to try to make ends meet. When her friend suggests going to a single’s mixer, she reluctantly agrees. What happens ...more
Cátia
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I was provided a copy by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

A few months ago I read the first book in this series, Landing the Air Marshal, and I really enjoyed it. I prefer Jennifer Blackwood’s new adult books but since I liked it I wanted to read the second book, especially because I knew it would be about Gage’s sister. This will be a super short review since it was a super short book but I can tell you I enjoyed this book even if there were a few things I didn’t like.

First of all
Ayekah
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Talk about two stubborn people but Grammy knew what she was doing when she left terms to her estate for Jill- to be married by her 30th birthday. A short three months away. Jill has a daughter also and she needs the money.
When she returns home she's faced with her past, Aaron who joined the military out of high school and never looked back. He's home to help his father with his business and plans to leave again.
When her girlfriends set her up at some singles thing, t
Christine
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Falling for the Fake Fiance by Jennifer Blackwood is the second spicy story in her Snowpocalypse series and takes a different tone than Landing the Air Marshall booked one in the series. Falling for the Fake Fiance is a friends to lovers almost a second chance love story packed into a fast paced story that you'll fly through.

The plot to the story is one of Jillian must get married to obtain a large inheritance before her 30th birthday but that's in 2 months. When Jillian runs into Aaron, childh
★♡Tamara♡★
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another one of those times were I judged the leading female character to soon, when I started Finally For The Fake Fiancé I really couldn't connect with Jill I put her in the gold digger basket and assumed she was going to use Aaron. Well shame on me because this didn't happen like that at all. After pushing myself to carry on I learnt that Jill's priorities were in the right place and all she wanted was a good life for her and her daughter. Enter Aaron, swoon worthy at times and he was ...more
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

I enjoy Jennifer Blackwood, and I enjoyed this overall.

The plot was a little predictable, but that is the way it often is in romance, as there are the expectations of a story that will follow a certain pattern, and have an expected ending, and that is ok. What matters is the ride getting to that expected end. This was a fun ride, even though the topic/situation they find themselves in isn't the most original, I found I didn't care,
Linda Quick
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun romance begins with Jill, a single mom, learning that her grandmother's will requires her to be married by her thirtieth birthday (in two months), in order to inherit. Just one problem, she's not even dating anyone.

Jill's girlfriends take her out to a speed-dating event, and after suffering through several inappropriate candidates, she escapes to her hotel room...except its not her room and her friends set her up. She is stunned when her childhood friend, Aaron, opens the door. She
Becky
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
A fun fake engagement story!

Jill and Aaron were friends and neighbors for years while growing up, a fact that helps this fairly short, very steamy fake-to-real romance work. Ms. Blackwood's writing gave this story the perfect blend of humor and romance--I laughed out loud nearly as much as I swooned while reading. Her characters feel real, and are likable despite their flaws (like geez, how can it take them almost a week to realize that they can't live without each other? Wink, wink...)

I've had
Isha Coleman
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She's desperate, he's lovestruck. Not exactly an auspicious beginning to an everlasting love, but very conducive to an entertaining read. Falling For The Fake Fiancée is about finding the happiness of one's dreams, when the odds are stacked against success. Jill has lost hope. Her days consist of loving her daughter, going to work and a judgmental mother. Aaron could be the answer to her prayers. This boy next door, could end up being the man of her dreams, if she leads with her heart and not he ...more
Tracy- OMGReads
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Falling for the Fake Fiancé is a delicious second chance, friends to lovers book. While it felt a bit immature at times, the antics between the two are fun and fresh.

Jill and Aaron are forced together. They knew each other back when and haven't seen each other in years. Jill has a daughter and an issue she needs Aaron's help with. Aaron is so dreamy. He is amazing with Emily, who is a unique child.

This book was fun and refreshing. I loved watching old friends find a new, sexy, normal.

*Review
Becky Rendon
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

I loved the first in the series so I had to snag book 2. Falling for the Fake Fiance is fun, sweet, and sexy. The boy next door is now a gorgeous hottie willing to rock your world...sign me up.

He's also willing to make your problems disappear...sign on the dotted line.

Whether you saw it coming or not, this sweet and steamy book is a perfect chance to enjoy life while the weather outside is frightful. Because the "fires" in this book are definitely delightful...

Even if it isn't snowing
Bette Hansen
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional! The fake fiance trope may be old but Ms. Blackwood made it fresh and fun with her take on it. Her writing style is full of humor and snark and along with characters that are well developed make this a very enjoyable read. Jill and Aaron work great together and their chemistry jumps from the pages. And of course that chemistry makes ending what is suppose to be a short term relationship just a bit too hard!

A great read and one you don't want to miss. I highly recommend it.
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the boy next door could be the one person to save you from rags to riches would you take that lifeline?

Discover a romance that sizzles, reminds you of your first crush and melts your heart. Happy Reading!
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Check out Lee's full thoughts over on Scandalicious Book Reviews
Tanya Vought
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish!
I adore this author and her amazing characters!!
Trust me if you loved her other books you don't want to miss reading this one!!!
Char (1RadReader59)
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a book when you start laughing right out the shoot. Not to mention you know that there are rebellious daughters of southern women whose soul mission in life is to drive their mother’s crazy. Their mother’s mission is to correct their offspring in all areas of their life. Plus, everyone else’s children that are not doing it right too. ‘Well, Bless Your Heart.’ Is a catch phrase that will have you laughing too?
When you grow up next door to a guy who was the sweetest shyest guy you ever me
Jessica Alcazar
Fake fiance/marriage .... because that never backfires :)

In Falling for the Fake Fiance we meet Jill and Aaron. Jill needs money. She finds out she's due to inherit some money. There's a catch. She has to be married by her 30th birthday which happens to be just a few months away ... Aaron is home only for a short time to help his father with his business. He's also been friends with Jill since grade-school and held some feelings for her he never acted on in the past for her. Soooooooooooo, why
Bec - Book Magic: Under a spell with every page

Jill Michaels works two jobs to ensure her daughter can stay in the elite school she's been attending. However, her money is dwindling and if she doesn't find someone to marry before her thirtieth birthday in two months, she'll lose her chance at receiving her inheritance from her grandmother. So, when her old friend, Aaron Collins, comes back into life, he's determined to help her anyway he can. Will Jill be able to go through with the marriage when she knows Aaron isn't planning to stick aroun
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jennifer Blackwood is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.

Come visit me on social media!
Twitter: @jen_blackwood
FB: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJen
More about Jennifer Blackwood...

Snowpocalypse (2 books)
  • Landing the Air Marshal (Snowpocalypse, #1)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
“He raised a brow, and they stood there in silence for a moment, staring each other down. It’d take four steps to reach him. It’d take another breath to climb him like a tree. She grabbed the kitchen counter and willed herself to stay planted in her spot. Her” 0 likes