Start by marking “9 Days and 9 Nights” as Want to Read:
9 Days and 9 Nights

9 Days and 9 Nights

(99 Days #2)

The irresistible sequel to the bestselling 99 Days.

Molly Barlow isn’t that girl anymore. A business major at her college in Boston, she’s reinvented herself after everything that went down a year ago . . . after all the people she hurt and the family she tore apart.

Slowly, life is getting back to normal. Molly has just said “I love you” to her new boyfriend, Ian, and they
Published May 1st 2018 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about 9 Days and 9 Nights, please sign up.
Laura Anne No the events of this book are directly related to the events of the first. While there is good summary of what's previously happened, it wouldn't mak…moreNo the events of this book are directly related to the events of the first. While there is good summary of what's previously happened, it wouldn't make as much sense if you hadn't read the first book.(less)

Start your review of 9 Days and 9 Nights
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh man, I liked this one a WHOLE LOT. Will definitely be purchasing a physical copy because I adore this story and everything it stands for. I so did not expect this one to pack the punch that it did, and I’m living for it.
Aj the Ravenous Reader
“When you meet someone who is good for you, they won’t fill you with insecurities by focusing on your flaws. They’ll fill you with inspiration, because they’ll focus on all the best parts of you.”

The characters were well explored and were given time to make their individual choices and reinvent themselves. I appreciate the prospect of Molly starting brand new, teaching her that there is really no such thing as a clean slate in life once you’ve already lived it. There is only learning and w
Amy
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was a very pleasant surprise
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
I should have known better, yet I did this to myself anyway.
✨ A ✨
I completely forgot what happened in 99 days, so I had to go read some reviews to refresh my memory. I do remember enjoying it.

After refreshing my memory I remembered that I was satisfied with the ending of 99 days. Katie Cotugno's thing is to write almost incomplete/vague endings that leave the main characters on the edge of new beginnings. I really love that about her books.

And although I thought this book was a little unnecessary I still liked it. Okay, yes, I sometimes wanted to scream at M
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I have been anticipating Katie Cotugno’s 9 Days and 9 Nights since I first heard the news of a 99 Days sequel. Molly and Gabe are back, but in an awkward situation, and the story is very realistic. I liked the book, but I did have a couple of issues with it, such as all the pointless drama. I didn’t love this one, but I do think that many will appreciate this sequel.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“It occurs to me that maybe this is what friendship is sometimes: saying your piece, then crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.”
We are finally getting into contemporary season and I couldn’t be happier and what better way to kick it off than a fun summery “roadtrip romance” sequel to 99 Days with Katie Cotugno’s 9 Days and 9 Nights. We follow Molly as she and her new boyfriend are on vacation in Europe and they run into Gabe, who’s also traveling Europe with his new girlfrie
Alexa
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I loved revisiting the characters from 99 Days in this new story! I liked the European travel aspect of it (especially since I read it on my flight home from a little trip to Europe), I enjoyed seeing how the characters had changed since the last time I'd encountered them and I liked how it ended too ;)
Ginger at GReadsBooks
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-2018
Starting 2018 with a Katie Cotugno novel was the best decision. Her storytelling never fails to impress me, and inspire me.

It’s been a few years since I read 99 Days, the companion novel to this one, so I needed a refresher on just how that story ended. Katie did a really good job of catching the reader up to speed & filling in the details, at just the right moments. I never once felt lacking, or pulled from the story, trying to remember what happened before.

This story is a branch, all on its o
Jillian
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really loved this. Such a great follow up to 99 days and i honestly want more!! I’m a big fan of Katie cotugno now and can’t wait to read the rest of her books. She just has this way of writing like real flawed people that I just really enjoy.
Samantha (WLABB)
As a 99 Days fan, I would like to thank Katie Cotugno for writing this book. This was the closure me, Molly, and Gabe needed, and the book exceed my expectations.

•Pro: Whoa, Molly! Once again, my heart was totally with this young woman. I thought she grew a lot over the course of 99 Days, but she wasn't done, and it was really something special to see how she evolved since then, and what new "fallout" she was dealing with.

•Pro: My emotions, my emotions! Cotugno brought me through so many differ
Jaime Arkin
I adore Katie Cotugno’s writing. Her stories always delve into challenging themes that will make you really think about how you feel about so many things!

9 Days and 9 Nights is a companion to the amazing 99 Days. It’s been a while since I’ve read it, but Cotugno reminded me wonderfully in the first few chapters! That said, I’m looking forward to reading these two back to back in the near future.

Molly is now living in Boston where she’s majoring in Business and she’s not the same girl she was w
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, young-adult
I feel so let down and disappointed by this sequel. 99 days is one of my favorite books of all time. I love the writing, story, characters, and book despite its flaws. I felt like it ended on a pretty promising note and didn't need a sequel. However, I was overjoyed when I saw I'd get to read more Molly and Gabe.

The book is filled with pointless bickering and angst. I didn't connect with any of the characters. (view spoiler)
Rubal
May 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
i think this will be my last book by this author. i like her ideas but the execution is so superficial??

also, both molly barlow and gabe donnelly are basically:-

9 Days and 9 Nights is the sequel to 99 days. It is a YA contemporary romance however the main characters are all in college. The narrator is once again Molly.

Do you need to read 99 Days before reading this book? IMO the answer is yes. You really need to have read the first book before reading this one to fully understand Molly. Yes, technically you could follow this book if you read it as a standalone. But I think that you would miss out on so much. You would not understand what happened to Mol
Jasprit
I was a huge fan of 99 Days, despite it featuring a love triangle between a girl and two brothers, normally I stay away from these sorts of books, but Cotugno ended up making this book work for me. So when I heard that there would be a follow up book in 9 Days and 9 Nights I couldn't wait. The only thing was that I didn't end up loving this book as much as I'd hoped. I liked the person that Molly had grown up and become, she had come a long way from her time in Star Lake with the Donnelly brothe ...more
Lauren R.
You know those books you finish and you wish you could have a sequel, but you also really don’t want one because you feel like it’ll get ruined? Well when that sequel ends up happening and the original story DOESN’T get ruined, it’s one of the best feelings as a reader. I’m here to confirm that totally happened for me with 9 DAYS AND 9 NIGHTS. Katie Cotugno writes the messiest characters and situations that have me on the edge of my seat, anxious the whole time, and completely enthralled too. I ...more
Meghan
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful! Such a great continuation and such a great read! I loved having Molly and Gabe back in my life!! I want more! Though I don’t think we will be getting more. Yet again, Cotugno blows me away!

Longer review coming soon!
Sara
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
*4.25
I enjoyed this book even more than 99 day though not to say that the beginning was kinda slow not going to lie. Hoping there’s another book coming out 🤞🤞
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
This was everything I've come to expect from a Katie Cotugno book: gritty, genuine, and full of awful truths. The situations are awkward and uncomfortable but they make you think and consider how you'd react. The characters are real and the story is honest, and even when it's depressing, it's still oddly hopeful.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Come (4)

MY RATING: 4.5/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

It's been a hot minute since I read 99 days. I think it may have been released 2 years ago and if someone could fact check that for me, that would be perfect. To be honest, I don't remember what happened in 99 Days. The facts are these. I knew I enjoyed it. I knew a bunch of readers got tired of Katie's tales because it always seemed to involve a love triangle which can be boring at times. And I knew ther
Sarah Louise
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I needed this. It felt entirely different than 99 Days, though. You could definitely read this one on its own and still get the gist of the unfolded drama that took place previously.

I was taken aback initially by how different the vibe was. I mean, for starters, Molly was an entirely different Molly, more calculated and now with Ian, her boyfriend from Boston. Their planned trip to Ireland to visit Imogen is completely overturned when Gabe and his new girlfriend, Sadie, awkwardly join t
Katie V
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just can’t get behind a second book where the two characters you are supposed to root for are sort of scuzzy people. I didn’t get the warm fuzzies reading this. I felt uncomfortable the whole book.
Kelley
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m gonna start this with I loved this book so much! I was so scared because of how much I love these characters that I might hate this second book, but I wasn’t disappointed at all! Molly is still the most amazing character in a book ever! She reminds me of me and I can see where she is coming from with all of her actions. Everyone should read these two books and understand how amazingly strong Molly is.

Longer review to come soon!
Estelle
We don’t deserve this book but I’m so glad we have it.
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
I know that 99 Days was a book that divided people mainly because of the whole love triangle and brother thing. I get it but I saw past that to a really good story. So when I found out we were getting more of Molly's story I was excited.

While on a trip to Europe with her new boyfriend, Ian, Molly runs into Gabe  and his new girlfriend. Somehow they all end up going to Ireland together which was totally awkward. There was so much unresolved between Molly and Gabe, so much of it messy. And on top
Brittany
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen
I mainly picked this up because 2014 Brittany said she would read the sequel in this series. I should not have listened to her. You have to completely suspend disbelief in order to get through this completely unrealistic head-banging-inducing book. I'm usually willing to forgive that to an extent, but the main character in this book was the absolute worst. She was a total jerk to most everyone around her and faced little to no repercussions for her jerk-like ways. The ending made me want to punc ...more
Kayla
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
OKAY SO. For most of the book, it dragged. I’d honestly say 2.5 stars. Then the last like 40 pages are probably a 4.5. Don’t get me wrong, this book had a few good moments throughout too, but overall, it was boring and basically a long, dragged out argument.

Possible spoilers:
I was so over the Gabe thing in Europe. Molly was so defensive and twisted everything everyone said to play victim. I read 99 Days a couple years ago so I don’t remember all the details, but I’m pretty sure I liked it a lo
Dahlia
May 21, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-releases
I just love everything Katie Cotugno writes. She's so excellent at writing really flawed characters and relationships you root so hard for anyway; even if you can't see them making it, you just love them for trying. I'm so glad to have had more time with Molly and Gabe, and I'm just putting out into the universe that I am extremely here for a Julia book.
Holly
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I didn’t think this sequel was necessary. For a book that was only 260 pages it seemed to take me forever to read and made me dislike Molly a great deal. I was expecting a Europe vacation and all I go were unnecessary arguments and angst.
First5: 9 Days and 9 Nights 1 32 Apr 23, 2018 07:24AM

• Stay Sweet
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Save the Date
  • Always Never Yours
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Starry Eyes
  • Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe
  • Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Serious Moonlight
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Alex, Approximately
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • Time of Our Lives
  • Let Me List the Ways
  • City Love (City Love, #1)
Katie Cotugno is the New York Times bestselling author of messy, complicated, feminist love stories. She studied Writing, Literature and Publishing at Emerson College and received her MFA in Fiction at Lesley University.

Katie is a Pushcart Prize nominee whose work has appeared in The Iowa Review, The Mississippi Review, and Argestes, among others.

The great loves of her life include child's pose,

99 Days (2 books)