Start by marking “All of This Is True” as Want to Read:
All of This Is True

All of This Is True

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  1,257 Ratings  ·  452 Reviews
Miri Tan loved the book Undertow like it was a living being. So when she and her friends went to a book signing to meet the author, Fatima Ro, they concocted a plan to get close to her, even if her friends won’t admit it now. As for Jonah, well—Miri knows none of that was Fatima’s fault.

Soleil Johnston wanted to be a writer herself one day. When she and her friends started
Published May 15th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about All of This Is True, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Arub
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lydia Duckworth
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Adam Silvera
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
The back of my advance reader copy reads: "FOUR YA-OBSESSED TEENS BEFRIEND THEIR FAVORITE NOVELIST. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WILL SHOCK YOU." If that's not enough to hook you, please trust me when I say this puzzle of a book is so good that it's maddening.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
So this book… is wild. And not much else? I have to admit, I’m a little disappointed, because besides the admittedly amazing concept, there is really not that much to love about this book.

So let’s talk.

All Of This Is True follows four teens who spill their secrets to an NY bestselling author; their favorite, in fact. But when this author writes a book focusing around their real-life struggles, the lines of reality and fiction blur, and the four are put in an awful position.

First of all, thes
Lala BooksandLala
I'm confused by my own feelings about this story.
Emily May
DNF. This is so boring and the characters are extremely annoying. I thought it was going to be more suspenseful or psychological but it's a bunch of rich teen girls speaking and typing in "OMG"s. Apparently there is something shocking and/or twisty coming, but I have no interest in finding out what it is.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this entire book on a flight...that’s how addictive it was! I couldn’t put it down. The entire concept was so unique and well-executed, with little twists all the way throughout it. It’ll keep you thinking, and make you question what you believe.
Romie
This book is something else. I really want people to know this. It’s totally different from what I’m used to read, the format of the book itself makes it even more interesting. This story is told through interviews, journal entries, and book excerpts. At first I thought it would be harder to follow the story, but not at all! There is no problem between the different timelines or formats, the story wasn’t dense but extremely fluide! I was also scared I wouldn’t able to tell whom from whom between ...more
Dahlia
Nov 27, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2018-releases
This is such a meta mindscrew, and I'm fascinated that someone was able to write all these layers. It's not a twisty book in the sense of shocking surprises, really - think Dangerous Boys rather than Dangerous Girls, where it's more about watching psychological evolution (or its reverse) rather than being stunned by any particular jaw-dropper. If you've ever been fascinated or consumed by an author's cult of personality, this is a must. Even if you haven't, read it anyway - it's an utterly compe ...more
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
i REALLY enjoyed this. i've never read anything like this and i'm not sure how to talk about this? there are so many interesting themes that the author writes about that i found so interesting...like celebrity culture and how obsession can turn into something unhealthy but also how loving a book and loving an author can save you and change you in a positive way...but also in a super super negative way. i figured out the "twist" if you can call it that from the beginning, but it's not really abou ...more
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
DNF at 120 pages

I found this pretty boring and no matter what, i just couldn't feel anything for the characters
The way the book is set out is really interesting and the premise sounded really cool, but I just found it moving too slow and not much really happened in those 120 pages, and I kind of felt like I was wasting my time.

I had no care to find out what had happened to the characters at this point, so I've decided not to continue

Too many other books to be read! :D
Raquel Flockhart
“She played with them as characters for her novel because she wasn't talented enough to think of her own story.”

{Note: ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.}

I was intrigued by All of This Is True before starting to read it for two reasons. First one, because it was compared to We Were Liars, a book I loved. Second one, because it is told through interviews, journals entries and book excerpts.

We get to know the side of the story of Miri, Soleil and Penny, three girls w

Kaya
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

Thank you to the publishers, who provided me with an eARC via Edelwiess, in exchange for a honest review.

This book. I literally couldn't put it down at first, and the ending completely unraveled me. The entire book I was like
ahhhh GIF

This book promised shock, and it definitely did not disappoint. I'm still sitting here mind blown! So these three girls befriend their favorite author, Fatima Ro. I'm not going into detail about much more because I genuinely believe its better to go in blind. I very much
Jay G
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube channel:

Thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

Video review: https://youtu.be/YFq4D-N551s

4.5/5 Stars

Four teens become obsessed with a book by famous author Fatima Roe. They hatch a plan to get close and begin hanging out with her. They all quickly become friends and Fatima begins to manipulate them in order to write her next novel. But, a
Jazmen
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a really wild night on twitter. YA twitter.

Wildly original, thoroughly engrossing, All of This is True did not come to play.

Told in a series of alternating points of view, through emails, interviews, and journal entries--All of This Is True--is unlike any YA book out there, and it just introduced itself with a loud, booming voice.

HOW YOU DOING?

The story is about four teens obsessed with the YA book, Undertow. They agree to go to a book signing with their new friend, Jonah--wh
Odette Knappers
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2018
Dit boek is zo heerlijk meta! Ik vind het geweldig!

De flaptekst van het boek alleen klinkt als mega-intrigerend vond ik. En het boek blijkt het ook te zijn.

De hoofdpersonen is een club vrienden die helemaal fan zijn van een bepaald boek en de auteur. Heerlijk herkenbaar, wij lezers houden van het lezen over lezers en fandoms enzo.

Dan raakt de vriendengroep met opzet bevriend met de schrijfster - hallo, heerlijke droom die uitkomt!

Maar eigenlijk lees je meer achteraf, want die schrijfster heeft
Caleb Roehrig
Innovative, engrossing, and smart as hell, ALL OF THIS IS TRUE is a perfect blend of soapy drama and suspenseful pacing. WARNING: the characters will make you ~feel things~ and you may shout at a couple of them, but you will also laugh?? A lot??

A multi-part character study, the protagonists (and antagonists) of the book gradually reveal their true natures through an ingenious format; and by the end, you will be wrapped thoroughly up in their world.
Angelica
I don’t leave ARCs unfinished. That’s just a personal rule of mine. If I request it, then I read it.

That was the only reason I kept reading this novel.

When I first read the synopsis of this book I knew I simply had to read it. It’s a mix of every reader’s greatest dream and worst nightmare.

Imagine meeting your favorite author of all time. More than just meeting them, imagine becoming close, intimate friends with them. Imagine being able to go to their house and being invited to their parties and
Kathleen Glasgow
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So dark, twisty, devious, and a ton of fun, with some serious underpinnings about class, mental health, hero (ine) worship, and pop culture. This book is a must read for 2018. If you love YA, you will love this book. And if you just love page-turners? This is the book for you.
Karen Barber
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you NetGalley.
A group of teens go to a book signing and end up being befriended by the author. They are given unlimited access to her home and time, and she seems genuinely interested in getting to know them. Except, then her latest book is published and it is - in fact - the story of their lives.
The book idea itself was fascinating. I liked the inclusion of excerpts from the fictional book. Unfortunately, the group of teens were not particularly interesting characters. They had potential
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5/5 stars

When I saw the premise of this book I knew that I wanted to read it. What avid reader does not dream of becoming friends with their favorite author? And then when that favorite author uses their secrets to write a book ... well I knew that I wanted to read this.

The book follows a bunch of high school students (Miri, Penny, Soleil and Jonah) and author Fatima Ro. The kids love the book Undertow. And they are ecstatic when the author shows an interest in them.

Something has happened in t
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, for-review
This review originally appeared on Novel Ink.

Thanks so much to Alice @ Arctic Books for hosting an ARC tour of All of This Is True and letting me participate!

I was extremely excited to read All of This Is True— it received some awesome early reviews, the premise sounded mysterious and twisty, and the hype has been steadily ramping up in the blogging community. H
trufflebooks
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-read, 2018
3.5/5 STARS. SPOILER FREE!

This is a more informal style review I like to write in on Goodreads but if you'd like a more formal concise one, check out The Nerd Daily which I'm now a part of :D

OK so-- this was...a confusing yet not confusing read. It's got the sort of mindfuckery that takes me a while to figure out what's happening as I'm reading, with a bit of difficulty. So I'm gonna try my best to sort this stuff out so my mind can make some sense out of it.

I N I T I A L F E E L S

I read this b
✨Skye✨
This is a strange one for me. I can’t decide if I loved it or hated it! All of This is True follows 3 girls and a new guy at school who meet Fatima Ro, the author of their favourite book. Set after the fact as they recount what happened, they talk about their lives with Fatima, which Fatima later based a book on without their consent.
I’ve seen a lot of comparisons to Pretty Little Liars and I have to agree. It has that dark, mysterious vibe and the theme of a scandal. The girls are all exaggera
ellie
this book should be called all of this is "okay, i guess?" because it’s the exact thing i said when i finished.

despite that, I have to commend the author for writing teenagers THIS well. It’s incredible! We never get their first person point of view yet we can imagine them as tangible people and know their hopes and challenges and insecurities. that’s the best part about the book, and why I rounded up my 3.5 in this review.

full review to come, im goin to relax after what that ending implied, lma
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
RTC

There’s a great quote in this book that somewhat sums it up: “there’s a fine line between genius and batshit crazy”

(Okay, it’s not batshit crazy buttttt I felt it tried too hard to be clever and it showed)
Annabel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this in two days, I liked it although it felt a little chaotic sometimes.
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

I feel like I am moderately black sheeping on this book, because I have seen a ton of positive reviews on Goodreads so far. And mine will be... well, less so. Look, it wasn't all bad or anything, so that's good. And since a lot of people really gushed over it, there's a strong chance you will too! Let's break down the good versus the not so good, as you do.

What I Liked:

It's a super q
✨ elsa ✨
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
**I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much, HarperTeen! All opinions are my own.**

I don't really like leaving ARCs unfinished. After all, I requested it because of something I saw in them that caught my atenttion and made me want to read them. And I didn't stop due to the fact that it was an ARC, if it were a book for myself I would have stopped at the 100 page mark or even earlier.

In this case, the thing that
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
I am struggling to come up with what to say about this book except that it turned out to be such a different kind of read. At least very different to what I'm used to reading! It's told in different points of view and in different forms like interviews, journal entries, emails, and excerpts of A BOOK WITHIN THE BOOK (my favorite part btw).

But more about it later, once I sort out my thoughts :)
mith
3.5. i'm torn on this book. review to come some time in march.
Sha
What YA fan hasn't dreamed of meeting their favourite author? Penaflor had a home run waiting with this exciting premise featuring three best friends and the new boy at their school who befriend famed author Fatima Ro. However, a dragging plot line, two-dimensional characters, and lackluster climax sapped the strength from this novel.

All of This is True is told using multimedia, an absolute sell for me with novels. If I wasn't already hooked on the summary, I was in for the creative storytelling