Start by marking “The Traitor Prince (Ravenspire, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Traitor Prince (Ravenspire, #3)

The Traitor Prince

(Ravenspire #3)

Javan Najafai, crown prince of Akram, has spent the last ten years at an elite boarding school, far away from his kingdom. But his eagerly awaited return home is cut short when a mysterious imposter takes his placeand no one believes Javan is the true prince.

After barely escaping the imposters assassins, Javan is thrown into Maqbara, the kingdoms most dangerous prison. The
Published February 13th 2018 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about The Traitor Prince, please sign up.
C.J. Not at all. Every book in this series is a stand alone companion novel set in an adjoining kingdom on the map. While there are a few small Easter eggs…moreNot at all. Every book in this series is a stand alone companion novel set in an adjoining kingdom on the map. While there are a few small Easter eggs for readers who do read the books in order, you can enjoy each book separately without any issue. (less)
C.J. Akram. :) It's based on an old Arabian tale called The False Prince with a dash of The Prince and the Pauper.

Start your review of The Traitor Prince (Ravenspire, #3)
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
Dammit!!! I really am a sucker for pretty book covers!!!
Rachel McMillan
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Last week, I devoured The Wish Granter by CJ Redwine after a recommendation from my friend Ruth. I loved it to death. Sebastian was a Rachel catnip hero and the dark Rumpelstiltskin world was immensely readable. First off, because I will make you buy this book--- Though the book is the third in the Ravenspire series: they are standalone novels set in a similar world. okay?

Let's dig in, kittens!

"Fear out, Courage in."

I craved more, so immediately downloaded The Traitor Prince which blew me away
Iryna KL
Oct 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
I received a free egalley of this book via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you publisher!

1/5 Stars

Where do I even start with this book? As excited as I was with the premise, the actual story for me did not deliver. And neither did the writing.

From the first page I already had a feeling this was not going to be a book that I was going to end up enjoying. The writing was stagnant, ill-paced, and unimaginative. Ive read books with beautiful prose and descriptions and this just
Colleen Houck
This is a great series with each book getting better and better. The kingdoms are so unique and yet they flow together as a part of a fantastically imagined world. If you're a Marissa Meyer fan and/or love retellings of fairy tales, you need to pick up this series. Hope there's another coming!
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
3.5 Stars
He was no puppet. By his fathers blood and his own tenacity, he was a prince. A ruler. A god among men. And once he was through carving his destiny out of the blood and bone of those who stood in his way, everyone in Akram would bow before him, his name the prayer they raised as they begged for his mercy.

I havent read any of the other books set in the Ravenspire universe, but I might have to go back and check them out now, because I thought that The Traitor Prince was pretty good.
bookhunter
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nothing personal but okay . I read the description and I'd like to say a few things ...

Javan
Akram
Maqbara
Sajda

Lady obviously has picked up these Arabic words from a couple places but has no idea what they mean. She's randomly thrown them like pineapples on a pizza here and there and that's plain stupid.
Maqbara.. you say in your story is a deadly prison, where some tournaments are held. Well maqbara is quite literally a mausoleum. As in a place that holds a grave. It's not a coincidence, no,
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I'm setting this one aside, so consider this more of a "DNF for now" than a "DNF forever". I'm enjoying the writing, but I'm really not interested in the story right now.
Marissa
Carina Olsen
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book broke my heart. Which was fully rude of it. But I loved it so very much, despite how broken my heart is. These fairytale retellings are the very best. And this third one was so amazing. I love how every book is a standalone, yet set in the same world around the same time. And small hints from all the other books.

This book tells the story of Javan and Sajda. It begins with Javan still at his school, where he have been at all times for the last ten years. Javan is a prince. He is doing
Amber
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Javan who is the Prince of Akram has just finished his training at the Milisatria school for Royalty and is about to go home to see his father who he had not seen for 10 years when someone tries to have him murdered. When he finds out that it is a boy who is trying to impersonate him and take over his kingdom, Javan fights back only to land in Maqbara the most deadliest prison in the Kingdom. Can he survive and escape the prison in order to save his father the King and his kingdom from those ...more
H.S.J. Williams
You know that thrill when you read a book that has EXACTLY the kind of story you like to read? This one had it for me.

A heroic young prince betrayed and forced to fight in a brutal arena. A mysterious and powerful slave girl with a hard exterior and a hidden soft heart. A vivid eastern culture. Dragon shape-shifters. Dark elves!

Yup, this caught me, hook, line, and sinker.

(view spoiler)
Suzanna
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I love C.J. Redwine's writting. I really do
Her books just get better and better
If you like Marrissa Meyer, you need to read these books
Jay G
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

3.5/5 Stars

Javan, the crown prince of Akram, has been at school for the past 10 years trying to fulfill his mothers dying wish - that he be top of his class come graduation. On his journey home, an impostor successfully takes his place, tricking his ailing father and those under his rule. Javan is thrown into the palace kingdom when no one believes his claims of being the true prince.
Kayla
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was not my favrouite in the series. It fell kinda flat for me and I really loved the synopsis but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
Suzy Seerden
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This wasnt my favourite book from the C. J Redwine.
But I did enjoy some parts in it.
4/5 stars
Madison
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
With The Traitor Prince, C.J. Redwine once again delivers an epic fantasy, with aching romance, adventure, heart-pounding injustice, and high stakes as the characters fight for their survival.

Prince Javan has spent the last ten years away at school, working harder than all his classmates to fulfil the promise he made to his mother to be the best, learn the most, so that he can become a just and strong ruler. But when he is attacked on the eve of his return home, Javan knows he must now fight for
rachel ☾
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: retelling, fantasy

not perfect but strangely unputdownable
Cassie James
Thanks to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review, this doesn't in any way influence my opinion on it.
description

The Traitor Prince is all I was expecting and more. C.J. Redwine is an author who I have been super impressed with ever since The Shadow Queen and she just keeps getting better and better. The Traitor Prince continues this amazing series with the story of Javan, a very interesting and compelling character. He is the Crown Prince of Akram, a kingdom he has been away
Claire Banschbach
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of the series so far, but still so so good. I adore the world of Ravenspire, and the wonderful, complicated characters in it. I've always liked the "prince and the pauper" fairy tale, so it's always fun to find a retelling for it. Javan was <3, and I loved Sadja who's all hard edges, but has a heart of gold underneath despite everything. I didn't want this one to end because I wanted more of them together!!
Julie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really, really enjoyed this one. C.J.'s books are always compulsively readable and fun and action packed and creative - I don't know where she dreamed up some of the things in this book. I loved the slow burn romance and related to Sandja a LOT. The villain and his motives and reasoning were fairly well fleshed out, but I think I still wanted a little more from him. The Wish Granter still is my favorite in the series, but this is second in my heart.
Daniel
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Spoiler-free thoughts: This author has a real problem with their characters catastrophizing. To the point where it's distracting to anyone who notices it. I had noticed it in the Wish Granter book especially and, starting this book off with a whopping FIVE in quick succession, I decided to keep a tally. By the end of the book, I had tallied FIFTEEN separate instances (conservatively!) of characters catastrophizing in almost the exact same way. The pattern goes like this: Character is in a ...more
Crystal
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hesione
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
As much as I wished for more Rahim POV, as much as I wished for more info on the warden, and as much as I wished that Sajda's descent into friendship and love was slower and warier and not all-of-a-sudden-the-cute, I'm a sucker for innocent boys and guarded girls. slay me now.
Cindee
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: perks-uno-shelf
I really loved this book it is now my favorite out of the Ravenspire stand alone books I loved all aspects of this book will be reading more soon. I loved the characters so much especially Javan and Sajda their relationship was developed at just the right pace and the romance was so very good. I really liked the plot of the story of a prince losing everything and fighting his way through to regain it and falling in love in the process. The story was so well written it had its sad parts it was ...more
Tricia Mingerink
It took a bit to get used to the different narrator on this book. I'm usually of the opinion that a series should keep a consistent narrator. But after I got used to the narrator, I did like it (even if it bothered me that some of the names from the other books were pronounced differently).

This book is really good and surprisingly intense considering the main character spends the bulk of the book in prison. That doesn't always work, but it works in this book.

Sadja is my favorite character
Jenn
Javan Najafai, the crown prince of Akram, broke my heart. Sent away to school at a young age after his mothers death, he spent years trying to live up to her dying wish and his fathers expectations. When his graduation comes and his father doesn't show, Javan feels lost and is left wondering if his father even still cares. And then some attempts to take his life.

This is the story of a false prince of sorts. Javan is taken and thrown into a prison in his own city while an impostor sits next to
Reading Teen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Review by Reagan)

What is better than a good old fashioned fantasy book? (Honestly pizza, but we're not talking about that right now). C. J. Redwine is a master of adorkable fantasy retellings that aren't just straight up retellings. Not to mention THAT THEY ALL TAKE PLACE IN THE SAME WORLD... umm no wonder all the boys in the real world suck, because Redwine kidnapped them and put them in her books.

So why should you read The Traitor Prince? Well let me tell you:

1.) Magic! I mean who can resist
Shelley
*Source* Edelweiss
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

The Traitor Prince, by author C.J. Redwine, is the third installment in the Ravenspire series. If you have read the previous two installments, The Shadow Queen and The Wish Granter, you know that the author has used a different set of characters while also recreating certain folktales. Apparently, The Traitor Prince is based on the novel called The False Prince and The Prince and the Pauper. The Traitor Prince doesn't have
Mykenna Dutton
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book pleasantly surprised me. It feels like such a different story than Ive ever read before, probably because its based on a fairy tale (The False Prince) that Ive never heard of before. I wasnt sure about the plot beforehand but around halfway through I was astonish at how much I was enjoying it. Redwine crafts characters that feel so authentic and the plot progresses really naturally. Ive found the world throughout this entire series so intoxicating and Im excited for what book four has ...more
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jun 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
Sounds right up my alley...

• The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, #1)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Once a King (A Clash of Kingdoms, #3)
  • Kingdom of Sea and Stone (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Deceiver's Heart (The Traitor's Game, #2)
  • The Cursed Sea (The Glass Spare, #2)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Parting Worlds (Once Upon a Curse, #4)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
**Please read my FAQ before sending any requests: http://cjredwine.blogspot.com/p/faq.html **

C.J. Redwine loves fairy tales, Harry Potter, and going to the movies. If the novel writing gig ever falls through, shell join the Avengers and wear a cape to work every day. To learn more about C.J., visit her website at www.cjredwine.com

Ravenspire (4 books)
  • The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)
  • The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)
  • The Blood Spell (Ravenspire #4)

News & Interviews

“Power is neither good nor evil. It just is. It's what people do with power that matters.” 9 likes
“Fear out. Courage in.” 7 likes