Start by marking “Contagion (Contagion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Contagion (Contagion, #1)

Contagion (Contagion #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
It got in us

After receiving an urgent SOS from a work detail on a distant planet, a skeleton crew is dispatched to perform a standard search-and-rescue mission.

Most are dead.

But when the crew arrives, they find an abandoned site, littered with rotten food, discarded weapons…and dead bodies.

Don't set foot here again.

As they try to piece together who—or what—could have decim
Expected publication: July 24th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Contagion, please sign up.
Tracey Halfway through the book, I'd say it's more like Aliens versus zombies in space.

joanna ☽
you can read my full review early here on starburnt reads!

help it’s 1:16am and I just finished reading this and I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep now. SO GOOD. SO MURDERY. 4.25 stars
Erin Bowman
Dec 06, 2016 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Contagion will be my next book after Retribution Rails and it couldn't be more different. This tends to be a trend of mine; I write in one genre and then follow it up with something polar opposite. I'm currently in the middle of a major revision, but let me get a few frequently asked questions out of the way:

The current description is really vague. Who are these two teens?
Thea Sadik, an ambitious seventeen-year-old with a love for science, and Nova Singh, a high-school dropout with piloting expe
Jodi Meadows
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CONTAGION perfectly toes the line between science fiction thriller and horror. I couldn't stop reading.
Stacee
I was insane with excitement when I read this synopsis as it has everything I love: mass infection and possible zombies. Sadly I was disappointed.

My main complaint about this book is the multiple POVs. There are several — more than what is necessary, in my opinion — and because of that, I didn’t get to know any of the characters. Everyone felt shallow. The minor details we did get wasn’t enough to make me root for anyone.

Plot wise it was okay. The first 40% or so of the story is dry and boring
Hollis
I was so so excited to dive into CONTAGION because I enjoyed Bowman's Vengeance Road series, so I was familiar with her writing, and I am so here for more good YA sci-fi. Throw in some horror and creep factor of a virus that has taken over a space station and the rescue crew hired to investigate? I'm trash for it.

But it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Why? Because half the characters are either dumb or unlikeable. I was more or less fine with the plot, it was at turns thrilling and eeri
Heather (The Sassy Book Geek)
Review Originally Posted On The Sassy Book Geek

****Thank you to HarperTeen for providing me with a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review****

Prepare for a 100% gushing review because this book was perfection! I was blown away by how amazing and addictive this story was, I literally could not put it down! I cannot wait for the sequel now and if you’re a fan of sci-fi horror I definitely recommend checking this one out.

Also just a quick sort of side note here: this is very differen
Jess (◕‿◕✿)
I can't. omg. this book was SO amazing and delightfully creepy, it was everything that I wanted it to be and more.

I'll post a review closer to release date, but definitely put this on your TBR!
Ariana
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Contagion is a stunning (and I mean STUNNING!) book, set in the future, on a mysterious planet.

There are many things I loved (scratch that, adored!) about it.

The first one would be cast of characters - both the ones I cared about and the one I hated from the bottom of the heartless part of my soul - the author let them all tell us their story and the switch between them gave the book a sense of urgency and an intensity one can usually find in movies. It’s hard to have a favorite when you know
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Ooohh this sounds very alien-esque?! The bar is high. PLEASE BE SCARY.
Clephiro
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
So, going into the book, I was kinda expecting like Dead Space or something.

What I got? Definitely the deadly outbreak, and despite the characters INSISTING there are no such thing as zombies, they were kind of zombie-like.

So this crew consists of the dumbest commander ever - Dylan. Despite the fact that the planet is the site of a former massacre, and receiving an SOS, she insists that her incredibly unqualified crew investigate. Even though there are repeated warnings about the danger of the
Tori
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-i-own
I could have read this in one sitting but I’ve been so busy lately that I didn’t have a chance. Super fast paced sci-fi thriller that had me hooked from the start. Very creepy in some parts, it had me freaking out while I was reading late at night. And now I need book 2 please!
Kara
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
There was a lot to like about this, but I've just read too many great science fiction novels lately, and this one was good, but it didn't measure up. Why?

1. The characters had no chemistry with each other. Lots of characters die, but that's not why. They just read very cardboard to me, and it's a problem when the potential (view spoiler)

2. The pacing was a bit off. The book is slow to get started, which would have been fin
ALEXA
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. While I’m not generally a big sci-fi reader, I was intrigued enough by the premise of Contagion to want to give it a shot. This is a story that reminds me of a Doctor Who episode, part sci-if and part thriller, and I was on the edge of my seat for a good chunk of it. There are two reasons I couldn’t quite give it a higher rating — I didn’t really develop strong connections with any of the characters, and the pacing is a little slower at the start. Still enjoyable for what it is though ...more
Genna
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

An internship as the assistant to renowned scientist Lisbeth Tarlow is the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity ambitious Thea has been working towards. But when an urgent distress call comes from a drilling operation on a mysterious and distant planet, Thea and a skeleton crew are dispatched to respond to the SOS. However, upon arrival, what should be a routine search-and-rescue quickly escalates into something far more sinister wh
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018, scifi, ya
Read more of my reviews at Cornerfolds.com!

It's no secret around my blog that I LOVE horror! Horror books, horror movies, horror shows - I love them all. So when I saw this compared to 28 Days Later and Resident Evil, but set in space, I knew it was going to be the book for me!

Contagion begins by introducing us to the crew who is dragged into this rescue mission that they aren't at all qualified for. The main characters are Thea, a microbiology intern who's assisting a renowned scientist, and No
Lauren ✨ (YABookers)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Contagion is one of those books that are really hard to review. Not because it's a mediocre book (because it's definitely not), but because there's only so much I can say without spoiling it.

After receiving an urgent distress call from a secret drilling station on a distant, mysterious planet, a skeleton crew is dispatched to respond. When they arrive, they find an abandoned site littered with bodies. What should
JJ || This Dark Material
The plot races forward with some genuine scares, although I'd hoped for a more character-driven core to the story. As the first part in a new series though, there's plenty of room to develop those who survived Achlys. Contagion clearly serves as a set-up for the larger conflict to come and does so in a mostly entertaining fashion. Full review coming 7/2018!
Ainslee || Jest and Hearts
Contagion is a dark horror/suspense/thriller scfi-fi with space zombies(kind of), mysterious characters and a danger that could threaten the human race.

The story follows a mismatched crew of eight unqualified people who are sent on a rescue mission to another planet after a distress call comes in. The crew sets out to a drill set up on the planet where they are supposed to be mining a substance. When they arrive on planet to complete their mission they are in for a real shock, everyone is dead.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
this sounds twisty and plague-ey and creepy and I love it. I don't tend to be one for scifi but I'm super excited!
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book free from Edelweiss and the publisher for review consideration.

I picked up Contagion because the synopsis hinted at space zombies. And really, if you're a zombie fiend, how can you pass up a chance to witness your favorite shamblers on another planet? I certainly couldn't. Even if it was in a YA book.

I'm pleased to report that though there is a bit of romantic feelings hinted at in Contagion, it doesn't take center stage like you might expect. I appreci
Kristen
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars I think

This was really good!! Super fast paced and INTENSE! Whoo what a ride!!!
Christy
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Contagion was such a fast paced and intense book! I have to say that I was a little hesitant at first because I haven’t read a ton of sci-fi but I’ve seem to have gotten into it lately so I had high hopes for this book!

Like I said, Contagion is super fast paced, there’s honestly not a dull moment throughout this whole book! If you like survival stories and sci-fi, then this is the book for you!
Carina Olsen
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first heard about this book, and saw that cover, I knew I had to read it. Because I love space things. Especially books that reminds me about Alien. Which this one did, and very much too. So thrilled that I got to read this one early, as I ended up loving it very much. Eee. So good. And the writing was perfect; I loved it.

I don't know where to begin with this book. The beginning is a bit slow, yet I did like getting to know the different main characters. The writing is stunning, and just
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I'm always up for anything alien related so reading this book was the obvious thing to do.

Contagion goes IN! People die, some just seem so and some are hunted. There is so much tension. I couldn't put this book down. I need more!

Will definitely read the sequel.
Alyson Kent
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The absolute WORST thing about receiving this ARC is the fact that I have to wait a year for the sequel. GAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Cassie James
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and this doesn't in any way influence my opinion on it.
description
Contagion is a wonder I never saw coming. I have not read a lot of horror books, in face I shy away from the genre but something about this book compelled me and I'm glad it did.
Erin Bowman has a way of writing that puts you in a trance and when you're done, It'll be one heck of a shock.
Contagion is a SciFi horror about a crew of professionals from Hevetz Industries who respon
Kathy Martin
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CONTAGION is a fast-paced, frightening science fiction story. Foster kid, high school student Thea Sadik has won a coveted internship working for Hevetz Corporation assisting Doctor Lisbeth Tarlow. They are at an isolated, cold weather base when a distress call comes in. The Captain - Dylan Lowe - assembles a skeleton crew of rather unprepared people to go for search and rescue. Among that crew are Thea, Dr. Tarlow, computer tech Toby, mechanic Sullivan, and pilot Nova.

There are already conflic
Michelle (Firstbooklove)
(I received a free review copy in exchange for an honest review from the Edelweiss.)

Book review: Contagion (Contagion #1) by Erin Bowman (3.5 stars)

“Numbers and data made sense, but people were impossible.”

Title: Contagion (Contagion #1)
Authors: Erin Bowman
Format: kindle (eARC)
Genre: YA, Science Fiction, Horror
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)

It got in us

Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
My review probably won't be the best because I don't want to give away any spoilers.  I think it's best to go into this one without knowing too much.

There is a young crew that answers a distress call.  Dr. Lisbeth Tarlow is the oldest and she needed help from a young intern, Thea.  Thea is a foster kid that has worked her butt off to try to get into a good school.  She thought this simple internship would help, but had no idea she would end up on a mission.  They are being sent to Achlys.  Lis
« previous 1 3 4 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Contagion by Erin Bowman - starting March 4 2018 10 7 Mar 13, 2018 06:32AM
Erin Bowman used to tell stories visually as a web designer. Now a full-time writer, she relies solely on words. She lives in New Hampshire with her family and when not writing she can often be found hiking, commenting on good typography, and obsessing over all things Harry Potter.

Erin is represented by Sara Crowe of Pippin Properties, and is the author of the Taken Trilogy, VENGEANCE ROAD, RETRIB
More about Erin Bowman

Contagion (2 books)
  • Untitled (Contagion, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)