Start by marking “Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)” as Want to Read:
Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)

Break Us

(Nikki Kill #3)

Nikki Kill doesn’t see the world in black and white. Her synesthesia shades everything in view, transforming numbers, words, and emotions into colorful clues. Which means she’s a dangerous commodity to anyone with something to hide.

Nikki has already taken on the Hollises—one of L.A.’s most powerful families—for murdering her half sister, Peyton. However, Nikki’s next steps
Published February 13th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Break Us, please sign up.
Manaal This is the final book in the series, and it is not likely that there will be another book following this one.

Start your review of Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)
Madeleine Knutsson
Nikki Kill is such an unlikable character
Madison
Break Us is the third and final book in the amazing Nikki Kill series. Mystery, suspense and just a touch of romance (finally!!) culminate in a brilliant conclusion.

This review may contain spoilers for the first and second book in the Nikki Kill series. If you are looking for mature YA mystery, with a daring protagonist and thrilling twists and turns, check out Shade Me.

Nikki has spent the last few months looking for answers. The world might have moved on, but Nikki knows a murderer is still on
Haley
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing finale. I love this series. It's full of action/mystery/thrills. It's the kind of book series I dying to see as a TV series because I think it would be perfect for it. I've never read a book about a character with synesthesia (see sees colors where they aren't like the number 2 is always pink to her). Nikki is such a bad ass and great at tae-kwan-do. I took tang-soo-do and this makes me wish I stuck with it. There are not too many crime-thrillers in YA and I don't really enjoy ...more
Bekah (WillBakeforBooks)
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me, this conclusion to the Nikki Kill series was better than the first but not as good as the second. The reason? My favorite, favorite, FAVORITE thing about this series has always been Detective Chris Martinez. Nikki is a great character, sure, but she was always creeping on the line between "sassy and badass" and "childish and selfish and annoying." Chris never had that problem, IMO. He was that kind of constant, lovable character that keeps you reading.

Now, I don't know if this is a
StarStryker
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
Unique plot
I love that
Marjolein Viel
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I am not really good at writing reviews... but this book deserves one. Contains some slight spoilers.

As you might now this book has a mystery/thriller aspect to it. Though I have to say with each book there was less mystery, there was still the unsolved murder of Nikki's mother and the fact that Luna was missing. So it didn't keep my own my toes, but I still wanted to keep reading, I didn't want to put the book down. I also liked the fact that Nikki changed as a person, her distrust, showing
Jessica
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series! I know Break Us is the last book in the series but I would really love to see more of Nikki! Would definitely recommend this series to fans of Jennifer Lynn Barnes' Naturals series. keeping my fingers crossed to see more of Nikki Kill in the future!
Xwft
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I usually try avoid modern age teen drama books because I they just don't interest me. However this whole book series was another one of my friends picking a random book and promised I was going to read it no matter what it was. And I'm really happy they picked this series. It was rather enjoyable, not to many teenage life problems because her life problems were dealing with murder, and the banter between her and Chris was to die for. I find to write a ...more
Laura's Book Addiction
"I just needed a minute to let the rainbow set me back down on the ground. I had so many feelings welling inside of me. Exasperation that it was always so difficult between us. Fear, because our lives were always in danger. Sadness that these moments between us always felt so right, even though I knew they were only out of necessity."

Break Us is the last book in the Nikki Kill trilogy and I'm so sad to see it finish. I adore Nikki and I'm going to miss her and Chris so much.

Jennifer Brown kept
Denise
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the third and sadly final book in the Shade Me Nikki Kill series. The first two books in the series set up the final book nicely with Nikki trying to solve her mother’s murder while hunting down Luna (BTW, this name so fits the character) and figuring out her relationship with Detective Martinez. I loved that by the end, Nikki has closed one chapter of her life, but in doing so, opened a new chapter as well.
Luanne
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent sequel to the first two novels in the Shade Me series. The story picks up immediately and runs through the entire book. This one was even more of a page turner than the first. Nikki Kill is a great character, full of teenage angst and determination. The villains are awful people and you (spoiler alert) cheer when bad things happened to some of them. I can only hope that Brown will write a new series with Nikki as an adult.
Crystal
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
As always, spectacular. It is so awe-inspiring how even after two books, none of the events that happened weren't even remotely expected. The deceit and deception throughout keep on the edge the whole time. The end could not have been more satisfying. I must say, I really loved how Chris Martinez ended up with Nicki Kill. The resolution was set out perfectly, with all the loose ends tied up.

An incredibly satisfying finale!
Grace
Madeleine Vest
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series! It kept my attention and I'm glad it was a trilogy because it had lots to tie up and tie together. My only issue was that I felt like it wrapped up super quick. I would've liked a little more of the end taking down the big bad guy. All in all though, I really like the way it ended and really enjoyed reading the whole series.
Kerri
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
When letters and numbers come in colors, it makes them easier to remember and harder to forget. That might explains Nikki's obsession with unsolved murders; not that it is unusual to want to know the truth behind your own mother's demise. Good book three, picked up where the last one ended then answered some burning questions.
Jessica Madden
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first two books, I enjoyed the final the Nikki Kill book that honestly makes me wish there was more to read. The book kept me engaged and turning to find out the secrets her father has kept from her about her mother, and to find Luna.
Lucky
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wanted it to be longer :((( but loved ittt
Abby Szewczyk
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and the whole series! Got impatient waiting for it to come out though ...more
Melinda Daniel
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O My Sweet Goodness!!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!! It ended soooo perfectly!!! I absolutely love this series!!
T. Jackson
Great read

Not what I was expecting. It answered all the questions that the other books brought up. I did like the other books better. Still a great read.
Love
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
The end of an okay series. The narrator was a little more annoying in this one.
Gretchen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great series! Loved it!
Louisa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this end of the series! The mystery from the very beginning-her mom's death-is investigated, and it was such a great read! And the ending was just perfect!
Mariam
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a great series!
Jessie
(Note: I am not a teenager, so please consider this review accordingly.)

I was getting really worried there near the end. I kept thinking, How can she possibly wrap this up in like sixty pages?! But she did, and it was awesome. Maybe a little abrupt, but it was still a satisfying ending with all the loose ends tied up. (view spoiler)
Isabel Silva
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne
Conclusion to the series.
Nikki has synesthesia (she sees things in colors). She uses this ability to help solve mysteries, and now she is trying to solve the cold case of the murder of her mother. She needs the help of detective Martinez but he has amnesia from a hit and run. There are nasty people out there who do not want her to find the answers either, and it ties back to the other two books in the series. Lots of action and intrigue.
Older characters and entanglements make this more
Madilyn D
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-1
I really loved this book. The way that the author made Nikki in this series was amazing, and I loved the plot of this book. Of course, it was sad seeing Detective Martinez struggle after the crash, but was still very good.
Melissa Latorre
Dec 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• I'm Not Her
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Truth or Dare, #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Truth or Dare, #1)
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • The Fixer (The Fixer #1)
  • The Truth About Us
  • Broken Things
  • Kiss and Tell (Truth or Dare, #3)
  • Girl at Heart
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Rites of Passage
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Ask Again Later
  • The Missing Season
  • Muhammad: His Character and Conduct
  • Last Seen (The Amateurs, #3)
  • Together at Midnight
Two-time winner of the Erma Bombeck Global Humor Award (2005 & 2006), Jennifer's weekly humor column appeared in The Kansas City Star for over four years, until she gave it up to be a full-time young adult novelist.

Jennifer's debut novel, HATE LIST (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2009) received three starred reviews and was selected as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults, a VOYA

Nikki Kill (3 books)
  • Shade Me (Nikki Kill, #1)
  • Dare You (Nikki Kill, #2)