Start by marking “Guardian Angel” as Want to Read:
Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel

1850, a small town in Australia: Glindi, an Aboriginal woman, gives birth to a daughter, the result of a rape by a white man. She names her Maraglindi, meaning "Glindi's sorrow," but the girl is a joy to all those around her. She has the gift of love.
During her short life, she encounters everything intolerant, cruel Victorian society can throw at people it considers to be
Published May 2nd 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Guardian Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian Angel

Dianne
We tend to think that racial intolerance and ethnic/religious superiority are a contemporary problem, but Bob Rich’s heartfelt tale, GUARDIAN ANGEL, although historical fiction, will show otherwise.

Maraglindi was the issue of the brutality of rape when her aboriginal mother was forced to submit to the white land/slave owner. From her first breath, she was different, a special soul possessed of the healing qualities of love and compassion in a world filled with hate and distrust, a world that al
Ken Kroes
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Bob Rich has interwoven several interesting plot lines, rich characters, and unexpected twists into a wonderful, well written story. The integration with nature and customs of the aboriginal people along with their hardships are well portrayed. The ending and final words tied together the core ideas and messages very nicely. A highly recommended book!
Max Overton
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recently had the privilege of reading Guardian Angel by Bob Rich again and found it even more enthralling the second time round. It is a novel of Australia, but the message within applies to all men and women everywhere and in every time. It is couched within the framework of Christianity, but it applies equally to any and all religions that preach a message of love and acceptance. Reincarnation is a thread that runs through this story, and shows how our actions are not limited to one life, bu ...more
Florence Weinberg
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guardian Angel by Dr. Bob Rich pulls no punches. Set in the era of Queen Victoria, its major themes are two: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and, all human beings deserve equal respect and treatment regardless of sex, color of skin, age, wealth, or place of origin.
A highly superior being from elsewhere in the universe is assigned the task of leading human beings to the ideal state of perfect love. This being becomes Maraglindi, nicknamed “Mary” by the whites who cannot pronoun
Jay
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DR. Rich takes us back in time to another world in an effort to help us get perspective on the current mistreatment of others and the importance of upholding diversity through acceptance and love. His novel begins in a small town located in New South Wales Australia during Victorian times. It tells a story marked by the mistreatment of aboriginal people by white colonists/invaders. Maraglindi, an aborigine girl was born out of the violent and hateful act perpetrated upon her mother who was raped ...more
Geoff Nelder
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

It takes a brave writer to tackle racism and prejudice even in this ‘enlightened’ age where slavery is technically forbidden. Dr Bob Rich lays into the theme with zeal, but with a cunning writer’s craft so the story is rich, page turning and unforgettable. Set in Victorian Australia, a numinous spirit from the universe – if you will – has the task of steering humanity towards the engagement of love rather than hatred. The spirit is manifested in Maraglindi, an aboriginal girl. In spite of heinou
Rachael Kane
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guardian Angel by Bob Rich was a very enjoyable book. The characters were well developed, the story drew me in from the first few pages and I enjoyed how the story unfolded in an unpredictable way. Bob set the scene well and explained Aboriginal custom and nuances of that era of Australian history in an engaging way that would be accessible to a wide audience. I would recommend this book as a good read that provokes thought and reflection on a multitude of levels.
Joan Edwards
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Unites

Dr. Bob Rich created fascinating characters in Guardian Amgel. Some are evil; others return love for hatred. This book shows how prejudice against others because of the color of their skin, different culture, or different religious beliefs affected an area and how it changed do to the love poured out to others by a half-aborigines girl in spite of the cruel treatment she received.
Stormy
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased Guardian Angel thinking it was going to be something entirely different. It is a beautiful story of Maraglindi, a magical aboriginal girl with green eyes who is the epitome of love and tolerance. Horrible things happen to good people but the reader is not drawn to a dark place. Loved the author's portrayal of the aboriginal outlook, customs, ties to the land, and the imagery of life in Australia in the 1850's .
edith proudley
Jan 21, 2018
Bob Rich
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cathy Brownfield
Mar 09, 2018
Barbara
May 18, 2018
Aussie Readers: I have an excuse for my absence 2 14 May 05, 2017 03:38AM
I was born in Hungary, but at a very young age. Before I turned 14, my stepfather transported me to Australia for the term of my natural life. This was to prevent a murder (his or mine, depending).
This story is the basis of my award-winning biography, Aniko: The stranger who loved me.
Also, my novel Ascending Spiral is based on my personal experiences, fictionalised to protect the guilty.
Thanks to