Start by marking “Love à la Mode” as Want to Read:
Love à la Mode

Love à la Mode

Take two American teen chefs, add one heaping cup of Paris, toss in a pinch of romance, and stir. . . .

Rosie Radeke firmly believes that happiness can be found at the bottom of a mixing bowl. But she never expected that she, a random nobody from East Liberty, Ohio, would be accepted to celebrity chef Denis Laurent's school in Paris, the most prestigious cooking program for
Published November 27th 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Love à la Mode, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love à la Mode

megs_bookrack
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
FOODIES REJOICE!!!

...part of the magic of food. It didn't last. It couldn't. Each bite was only a moment transformed into a memory.

This book stole my heart right out of the gate. A departure gate at Chicago O'Hare International Airport to be specific. We meet our main characters, Rosie Radeke and Henry Yi, aboard a plane to Paris.

Both teens have been selected to attend the very prestigious Ecole of Chef Laurent. The program is part competition, part culinary school, open to only 20 students
Rachel Strolle
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SO FREAKING CUTE OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*salty about the cover change but the book is amazing so its fine*
Vicky Who Reads
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

I totally did not realize just how much I needed an adorable romance until I picked this up! But yes. I did need this book. And you probably do too.

Because not only was it absolutely adorable and swoon-worthy and filled with delicious baked goods + foods I couldn’t get enough of, it also was just a whole lot of fun and a perfect get-out-of-your-head read!

Sometimes you just need that light & enjoyable read to take away from some of the darkness + moodiness of life, and this book put
Kay Wisteria
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was basically anna and the french kiss except it doesn't suck

---

I don't want to start this review by talking about another book, but I have to say it! Because I have strong feelings about Anna and the French Kiss being one of the literal all time worst books I've ever read, yet for some reason that book is insanely popular and this book is pretty unheard of but it's a really similar premise except 10000x better.

This book is about two teenagers, Rosie and Henry, heading over to Paris for an
Mary H
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is so adorable! It's not very similar to Anna and the French Kiss at all other than Paris boarding school & a great friend group, but those Paris vibes took me back! I think the characters were all very realistically and authentically written, as teens and their individual personalities, and i loved the slow burn/quick burn romance. It kept me on my toes! Definitely another winner from SKS.

Keep in mind, just as with your fave Food Network/Gordon Ramsey shows, the frequent and lengt
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
This review originally appeared on Novel Ink.

As soon as I saw Love a la Mode, I was here for it. Two teens falling in love at cooking school in Paris? YES, PLEASE. I’m happy to say this one didn’t disappoint!

I’ve been describing this as a more diverse, less problematic version of Anna and the French Kiss, but with endless delicious food descriptions. Basically,
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}

While I didn't love Prince in Disguise I knew I had to try Love a la Mode since I am a want to be foodie who adores all books set in Paris. Let me tell you all the things I found to be delightful:Food // I like to cook and pretty much have on the Food Network in my house most hours of the day. I know all the chefs and love every food competition from Top Chef to Master chef. I know the names of techniques and foods that I have never used or tried. So with all this book's references to all things
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Paris is a city associated with lights, love, and culinary delights. Henry and Rosie were both making their way there to join an elite high school culinary program, which was an important stepping stone for them both. For Rosie, it was a way for her to discover the world outside of her small town. For Henry, it was a way for him to prove to his mother, that he had the talent and the ability to succeed in the culinary world. But, would there also be room them to find love?

As alwa
Erin Sky
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review soon. For now, let me just say... I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!! 💖💖💖💖💖

----FULL REVIEW BELOW----

A delightful read! Deliciously addictive!

I read Stephanie Kate Strohm’s Prince in Disguise during the 2017 holiday season and absolutely devoured it. With Love à la Mode, she’s now on my (very short) must-read author list.

Henry is in high school, but he’s been chosen out of thousands of applicants to attend one of the most elite cooking programs in the world—a year in Paris! It’s his wildest dream
Jen Ryland
Nov 24, 2018 added it
Shelves: young-ya
Super cute - if you're a foodie and/or a fan of Food Network shows and/or a fan of Anna and the French Kiss, this one is for you.

Review to come.

Read more of my reviews on JenRyland.com! Check out my Bookstagram! Or check out my Jen In Ten reviews on Youtube - get the lowdown on current books in 10-30 seconds!
Cassie O. | Lost In Tomes
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

"I like you more than potatoes."
There's a blurb in the synopsis that states this is like Masterchef meets Anna and the French Kiss and I would say that's a highly accurate description.

The sweet romance and the mouthwatering food scenes made this a delicious read! I loved how vital the food was to the story, the cooking classes and Paris adventures were so much fun. I am a big Food Network fan so I was grinning from ear to ear picturin
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
As a fan of any book with cooking, boarding schools, and Paris, Love à la Mode by Stephanie Kate Strohm seemed like the perfect book for me. The story is about a French cooking school and contains characters from all over the world. I especially enjoyed the descriptions of food. Fans of books like Anna and the French Kiss and Taste Test will love this one.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Mandy
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, netgalley
*I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher for an honest review - thank you so much, but it didn't affect my review at all. My love of Stephanie Kate Strohm books probably did, though.*

This book is everything that is amazing about contemporary: fluffy, fun, funnies, and cuteness. And then add some cooking and baking??? If you love cooking and baking, this has some of the best food descriptions that I've ever read and all foodies will forever rejoice.

Henry and Rosie were great main char
Dahlia
Jan 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2018-releases
Does Strohm know how to write books that aren't the most adorable things on the planet? I don't even think so. As someone who is super into food and married to someone even more into food, this was beyond a delight. I was sitting next to a Christina Tosi cookbook while reading a shoutout to it and it just made me so happy.
Nhu
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrow, romance
A cute, feel good romance set in Paris.
Juliana
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 stars. I received a digital ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a cute book about two aspiring teen cooks who make it into an exclusive cooking school. Henry is a fantastic cook while Rosie struggles with the basics but excels at baking. It is her everything. I was attracted to the premise because I'm a big baker and I love baking romances, even when they're YA.
I felt that this book was pretty average for me. I enjoyed it but nothing stood out and it basically ende
Sharlize D'Souza
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was an overall okay book.
There are 3 major things I need for a book to be good
1) a good plot
2) good character development
3) good relationships

This book lacked all three sadly. The entire book was based on the main characters so there was barely a plot. I would have been fine with this but the characters were badly developed and finally the relationship was awful.
This book was just not for me sadly.
Karen
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
So sweet and FILLED with foodie references. Perfect for fans of celebrity chefs and food competition shows.

Food, a little romance and Paris!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I just love books set in Paris. With food. And an adorable romance to boot. So it will come as no shock that I found this book completely adorkable. Kids who love cooking getting a chance to learn from a master chef in Paris? C'mon! That's too cute to pass up. The characters were so relatable and they formed such amazing friendships and, well, I'm not usually this envious of fictional characters but these kids were living the life and having one heck of an adventure. I do wish some things had be ...more
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
OH MY GOSH YOU PRECIOUS, ADORABLE, CUTE LITTLE BOOK. I love you. I love food. I like cute romance. I like amazing friendship groups. I love baking. I love this book. And now I want to watch cooking and baking shows all day. Well done, cute book, well done.
Gaby
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS ABSURDLY CUTE AND FLUFFY BOOK 😍Rosie and Henry are adorable. Paris is magnificent. I have never been hungrier. I loved every ounce of angst and swoons. 5-stars, if only because this book is the delicious little macaron I wanted it to be (especially after reading a series of epic fantasy novels).
 Amelia
FINALLY A CUTE COOKING SLASH ROMANCE BOOK DONE RIGHT *U*

AND YES, HENRI YI IS DEFINITELY PETER KAVINSKY MATERIAL ♥

A "short" list of everything I loved:

1. A cooking school. In Paris. If that isn't the best setting I don't know what is. Although, there was less Paris exploring than I thought it would be, but I didn't mind it because a lot of the time was spent on other important things - like cooking, hanging out with friends AND ACTUAL STUDYING.

2. Cooking/baking - idk about you, but I haven't s
Elisquared
As sweet as dessert, Love à la Mode is the perfectly delicious rom-com that fans of Stephanie Perkins and Morgan Matson will devour!

I am a sucker for A) meet-cutes, B) boarding schools, and C) food! Guess what has all of these elements?! Henry and Rosie are adorbs, and are such a sweet couple to fall in love with. I really enjoyed the characterization of the main characters. I felt like their responses were real, which is such an important aspect of contemporaries. If I don't think the teens are
juliaooo
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Love à la Mode was a lovely book that I enjoyed from start to finish! It was a book I thought about even when I wasn't reading it, and one I looked forward to sitting down with every day. There was just something about Rosie and Henry that made me want to see their story through to the end, and I couldn't flip the pages fast enough! The two clicked from the beginning, and it was fun watchin
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 1/24/19: 3.5 - 3.75 stars, rounding up
LOVE A LA MODE was an overall enjoyable book! I think the cooking and Paris setting helped it stand out a bit from other contemporary YA novels but I also think it could have had a little more that helped it stand on its own two feet. It was compared to ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, which are big shoes to fill in my book since I re-read that every year, but honestly aside from the Paris setting, it really shouldn't be compare to ANNA. Not in
Laura (bbliophile)
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
Likes:
- the food and the cooking scenes. They were mouth-wateringly good.
- The friendships
- The setting. I want to go to Paris right now.

Dislikes:
- The romance. I just didn't understand why exactly they liked each other besides that initial attraction. Henry was so so whiny and got mad at and ignored Rosie over the smallest things and I just didn't understand why she still liked him after that? There was no actual substance to the romance, and that was a big problem for me because the romanc
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
First and most important: If you plan on reading this cute and fun contemporary novel based at a school for chefs in Paris, be prepared to be hungry. For anything from mashed potatoes, to bread to decadent desserts.

Love à la Mode was a fun and cute read. I am no chef, in fact I'm pretty sure my knife skills are a billion times worse than Rosie, but I do know a lot of the terms thanks to Food Network. I definitely had to look up a bunch of the dishes and then have my mouth water. I've been go Par
chloe ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡
paris. & food. what's not to love?
review coming soon.
Thamy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley2018
3.5, rounded up to 4 stars, because Strohm's style is always worth it.

Rosie and Henry share a passion for cooking, although the two come from very different backgrounds. Together with kids from all over the world, they have enrolled into a famous cooking school in Paris for a whole year.

This is a little bit Anna and the French Kiss, but the romance isn't as involving. As I mentioned, it's the author's style that makes it all worth it. While the romance was basically needless drama when it was ob
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life
  • The Incredible True Story of the Making of the Eve of Destruction
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Open Mic: Riffs on Life Between Cultures in Ten Voices
  • Garage Band
  • Tune: Still Life (Tune, #2)
  • Kiss Me in Paris
  • The Accidental Genius of Weasel High
  • Serious Moonlight
  • Shocking Paris: Soutine, Chagall and the Outsiders of Montparnasse
  • A Land Called Tarot
  • The Lies That Bind (The Liar Society, #2)
  • Hello, Sunshine
Stephanie Kate Strohm is the author of The Taming of the Drew, Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink, Confederates Don't Wear Couture, and the upcoming It's Not Me, It's You and Prince in Disguise. She grew up in Connecticut and attended Middlebury College in Vermont, where she was voted Winter Carnival Queen. Currently she lives in Chicago with her fiance and a little white dog named Lorelei Lee.