Start by marking “Huntress (Life After, #1)” as Want to Read:
Huntress (Life After, #1)

Huntress

(Life After #1)

No one’s afterlife is as dispiriting as Audrey’s―at least that’s what she believes after waking up dead without her memories and being promptly assigned to hunt demons for the rest of eternity. She’s convinced God’s made a cosmic mistake; after all, she’d rather discuss the color of her nails than break them on angelic weapons.

It doesn’t help that her trainer, Logan, is as
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition , 351 pages
Published May 16th 2017 by Julie Hall (first published November 1st 2015)

Start your review of Huntress (Life After, #1)
Shantelle
Overall, I enjoyed Huntress, book one in the LIFE AFTER series by Julie Hall. I went into it determined to take it lightly. And I did ... really liking it as a unique speculative fiction read. It was intriguing, fun, mysterious, adventurous, and thought-provoking. The interesting things the author came up with were really fantastical, and kept you wanting to read more.

I liked the characters, for the most part, and felt each had their own voice and personality. The action-packed ending was fabulo
Laura Grace
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread December 2018: Such an amazing story! Still just as powerful and thought-provoking as the first time reading it.

So I thought I knew what I was getting into when reading HUNTRESS, but I was quite wrong in my expectations. The author literally created a world like I have never read. I'm not quite sure how to put it into words because it was so utterly creative. I immensely enjoyed learning about the place Audrey lived in with the same awe and wonder as her.

Logan was something else. I was ab
Galaxy Adventurer
*Side note before the review*
So I'm doing this review a little differently, I'm trying to figure out how I want to do my reviews. So sorry it's a little short, but hopefully I will figure out how I want to do my reviews from now on, and get better at them! :) *hugs*
*you may read the review now, haha*

The Writing:
Was wonderful! The story flowed very nicely, and it was very fast paced.

The 'World':
I loved it, I love how Julie describes everything. I can't wait to see more of it :-D

The Characters:
Aud
Bailey
May 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Genuinely confused on how this has so many good ratings.
Brittany Tellefsen (thecontinuingchronicles)
Rating: 3/5

Thank you to the author Julie Hall for sending me an audio book copy of this book for an honest review, as well as partnering with her on a book tour for this series!

This is the first in Julie's Life After series which follows the life...err....afterlife of Audrey who has found herself dead, with no memory, and forced to hunt demons for all eternity.
Since she is more bargain hunter than demon hunter, she feels God has made a huge cosmic error. And Logan, her trainer, isn't too thril
Natelle Woodworth
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of Christian Fiction but I've never read anything like Huntress. I would say the closest author I've read would be somewhere along the lines of Frank Peretti or Ted Dekker but still completely different. I found myself engulfed in the world Julie Hall created and I was not disappointed. I loved every minute of it. I found myself relating so much to Audrey with her doubts and questions and the fear of not knowing what's going on or if you are doing what you are supposed to be doin ...more
Rachael Ritchey
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved so much about this book. It was a super quick read and hard to put down. It's in the Christian Fantasy Fiction genre, but when reading it I would not look at is a solid theological or doctrinal book. It is purely fiction with a beautiful story that highlights what I value in my faith, which is hope, love, redemption, and salvation by grace through faith and not works. All of these themes are explored in the story, but not in a preachy way. It is a lovely, entertaining escape. The emotion ...more
Michelle Promotion's for Indie Author's csmindiepr
HUNTRESS By Julie Hall
I have never read one of Ms Hall’s book’s before, and in all honesty don’t usually read Christian related book’s for the simple reason I often feel as though I am being preached to. This certainly had the Christian undercurrent but in an unusual way, so much so, that I found the book to be very refreshing with the unusual view’s Ms Hall bring’s to us regarding the after world. The main character ‘Audrey’ find’s herself suddenly in the situation no one wants to, has to deal
Nicole (FearYourEx)
I really wanted to love this book and it was okay. However, I'm borderline atheist and all the stuff about God and believing in him and etc was a bit much for me.
J.M. Hackman
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
See my review for the whole series under Dominion ( because I read the Omnibus = 800+ pages!!) ☺
Olivia Wildenstein
Love this idea of afterlife!
Swathi
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Woah....
that was most DEFINITELY not what I expected it to be. In a totally good way.
Phoebe The Reading Phoenix
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Author: Julie Hall

Publisher: Self-Published

Publishing Date: May 16, 2017

ISBN: 9781543119596

I received this book from Julie in exchange for an honest and objective review.
“Death was only the beginning.”

Summary:
Audrey has died and is now faced with what her Life After will be like. She’s less-than-happy about waking up in a new world with no memories of her past life but when she’s assigned to demon-hunting duty for all eternity she’s sure that there has been a cosmic mistake.

Seeing how she’s nev
Avid
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Only a quarter of the way through this book, and I already have to put it down. To begin with, it meanders and can't really seem to find a plot. But my biggest problem is that this is supposed to be Christian YA or YA with Christian themes, and it absolutely loses me the second Audrey gets to "town" in heaven. Ugh. The girl is supposed to be in heaven, where there are no tears, pain, pride, deceit or anger. Instead, she's in a place that is just like middle school, where she gets teased, beat up ...more
Listener
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF-ing at 50%.
The first and the BIGGEST turn off is the word building. This anthropomorphic depiction of the afterlife where they dress up, wear 4 inch heels, go to salons to do their nails and hair is just so primitive and ridiculous I can't even describe how much it annoyed me. I guess some people who believe in afterlife, expect to have an ordinary life there like nothing has changed.

The second huge turn off is the heroine. I expected to read about a kick-ass heroine. What I got was a whin
Kelly Bridgewater
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I really flew through the pages of this story. I have had a number of fans recommend these books, but I have never gotten around to reading them. I completed this novel in one night. I didn't want to put it down. I really wanted to see what would happen to Audrey. It captured my attention and didn't let go. I can't wait to jump into Warfare and see what else happens.
Rebelle Books(Kara)
Sep 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 21% I don't like this book and it is not for me.
Katherine Paschal
**Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

Audrey wakes up- to find herself dead. With no memories of her past or what happened to her, she tries her best to fit into this strange new afterworld she now part of. When she is assigned the job of being a Hunter to hunt down the demons roaming earth, she is pretty sure she is in the wrong place. No matter how hard she trains, it seems that she has no real fighting skills, but he biggest talent is making her stoic trainer Logan
Mary Luce
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s it really like to leave our mortal bodies? We hear accounts of people who have experienced death; watching their bodies lying on a table while they hover above, hearing conversations and seeing the heroic efforts to save them; the long tunnel with a bright light at the end. We know people who were with loved ones when they passed away, seeing them sit up suddenly as if recognizing someone, and then the shell of their body crumpling back onto the bed, maybe with a surprised smile on their ...more
Kara
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my rating is 4.5

The cover truly wowed me on this one, but I still didn't know if I'd like it. I'm so cautious about after life stories, but this one was different from the beginning. I did not know it was a Christian book and the details about Heaven really touched me. I had trouble with Audrey NOT remembering her relationship with God and even her lack of faith at first. I'm still not sure about that relationship after finishing Book 1, but I'm eager to read the series now. Her relationship wit
Gracie
Pros: Interesting premise and the world building was great.

Cons: There might be spoilers below, but I stopped caring partway through so read with caution.

Okay so the start of this book had a ton of issues for me. There was a lot of telling to start and then there were the inconsistencies, and then just bad writing. I am beyond shocked as this book has been recommended to me by so many friends and I have seen it around a lot.

She couldn’t remember anything at all, but some guy spoke like Arnold
☽ Kαƚιҽ
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a breath of fresh air. I really enjoyed how it portrayed the after life. Ever wonder what happens to us after we die? Audrey wakes up in the after life with no clue how she has passed. She is trust into an amazing adventure as she makes her way through the after life and is assigned her job as a huntress, a demon hunter. Between training and learning about her new world she spends her days training and learning about her new world and role while making new friends and maybe somethi ...more
Gabriella Slade
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-4-2019
Actual rating: 4.5 stars
Thank you, Laura A Grace, for recommending this series to me! I'm so glad I chose to give it a shot and will for sure be picking up book 2 in the near future after I catch up on a couple of ARCs.
Huntress initially starts off with a girl who's just died and wakes up in heaven. It's interesting because she doesn't remember who she is or how she died, so we're learning about her as she learns more about herself.
I love Logan!! Yes, he's the usual guy with scars and secrets, b
Robyn Cain
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I read this book on recommendation by a friend and I'm so glad I did! In fact I somehow stayed up until 2:30 a.m. finishing it. Great plot, interesting characters and development, twists, and I especially loved the Christian themes. I'm going to start book 2 today!
Anna Aurora
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya, favorites, demons
This was amazing! I loved the writing and the story was amazing. Can't wait to read the next book in this series
Disclaimer - It talks about school shooting if that triggers you better skip this one.
5/5 stars
Alyssa
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kara Peck
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal. Seriously amazing. I haven't stopped raving about this book since I finished it. I couldn't put it down. I laughed, I cried -I RARELY cry when I read- so touching as well as humorous. At first I was afraid I would be disappointed. It certainly didn't start out as I expected. But I soon discovered it was even better than I could've hoped. Snag yourself a copy!
Tiana
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I need more! How could you end the book that way? I must know whats going on. Logan is a big mystery and gives a reader horrible whiplash but at the same time you cant help but love him. I want to know why he is so guarded and what happened before he died and what he prophet told him. I cant stop thinking about all that. On top of that Audrey is a spit fire. She doesnt let anyone hold her down. She wants answers and will not let anyone get in her way. She may have been knocked on ...more
Mandy Stump
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This was a really good book. Hated Aubrey denied her feeling for Logan they should be together. Loved the changes happening. So much mystery at the end. Heck of a cliffhanger.
Bess
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
My first book by Julie Hall.
This was not my cup of tea.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Rose Witch (The Coven saga, #1)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
  • Midnight Kisses (Shifter Island, #1)
  • To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken (Blackwater Pack, #1.5)
  • Bloodline Secrecy (Bloodline Academy, #2)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Magic Bound (Ravencrest Academy, #1)
  • Saving the Fae (Daughter of Light Book 3)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Bloodline Academy (Bloodline Academy, #1)
  • Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Dark Fae Cursed (Broken Court, #1)
  • The Flame and the Blade (Flame and Blade, #1)
  • Light Singer (Kingdom of Runes, #4)
  • Kiss of the Damned (Fallen Cities: Elisium, #1)
  • The Nowhere Witch (Tales of Xest #2)
  • Demon Guard (Shadowguard Academy #1)
Julie Hall is a USA Today bestselling, 11x award-winning author.

She writes YA paranormal / fantasy novels, loves doodles, and drinks Red Bull, but not necessarily in that order. Julie's daughter says that her super power is sleeping all day and writing all night... and well, she wouldn't be wrong.

Julie currently lives in Colorado with her four favorite people - her husband, daughter, and two fur b

Life After (3 books)
  • Warfare (Life After, #2)
  • Dominion (Life After #3)