Start by marking “Una nuova vita (Gay Amish #2)” as Want to Read:
Una nuova vita (Gay Amish #2)

Una nuova vita

(Gay Amish Romance #2)

Sono fuggiti nel mondo esterno, ma riusciranno a essere veramente liberi?
David e Isaac hanno trovato la felicità tra le braccia l'uno dell'altro. Nella lontana San Francisco, Aaron, il fratello di Isaac, li aiuta a esplorare la confusa vita "inglese" e a lasciarsi alle spalle l’opprimente ombra delle loro radici Amish. Per la prima volta, David e Isaac possono essere apert
Published May 10th 2017 by Triskell Edizioni (first published January 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Una nuova vita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Una nuova vita

Susan
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Quick housekeeping: this is book 2 of the series. It cannot be read as a standalone. And it takes place right after the end of book 1. This entire review will be a spoiler IF you haven't read A Forbidden Rumspringa. If you have, it is spoiler free...

So...I waited some time before reading A Forbidden Rumspringa. I hestitated for lots of reasons, but mostly I just don't do books that deal with religious content. Personal issues. But, I finally gave in to my curiosity...and geez am I so glad I did.
Breann
A Clean Break picks up right where A Forbidden Rumspringa left off. David and Isaac have just arrived in San Fransisco and are settling in with Isaac's brother.

While trying to fit in with the English is tough, they do the best they can together and in their own way. David sticks to what he knows - carpentry. He continues with the business he built when he lived with his family, and works hard to keep it. Isaac wants a change and goes to school to earn his GED. I really liked that they chose diff
Trisha Harrington
OMG. Why is the next book not out right now? WHY???

Breathe. I can do this. This book has not gotten the best of me. I won't let that happen. But it has, hasn't it? I'm literally shaking right now. Ready to scream at something. Someone. I need to murder someone and I need to do it good. A Clean Break has left me feeling a lot of feelings and I'm not sure what to think just yet. This book is amazing and wonderful and powerful. And the characters are fantastic and lovable. I just want to hug them b
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Honestly, this book had a lot going for it before I even started to read it; I picked the first book in the series, A Forbidden Rumspringa, as my favourite book of 2014. I loved David and Isaac individually, and I adored them as a couple. I was fascinated by the world that they inhabited - by the parts that they enjoyed and took comfort in as much as by the parts that chaffed and stifled - and I was blown away by the quality of Andrews' writing and the sensitivity with which she
Heidi Cullinan
I tried to write a review of this and ended up with 1000 words of disclaimer and dithering and no real review. So I have two things to say. Well, and then just BIT more dithering.

No spoilers on plot or story, though if you're like DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING AT ALL, get out of here. Which is probably a general rule of thumb on Goodreads reviews of books you haven't read yet.

1) If you want to know what I thought of this book, go to twitter and search the hashtag #ACBBB. The hashtag makes no sense beca
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
This book takes place just after the ending of the first one. David and Isaac find themselves living with Isaac's brother and his wife in San Francisco. Everything is shocking and they struggle to adapt, although Isaac seems to do better.

This book is told from Adam's POV. He feels guilty and doubtful that he's keeping Isaac behind. He works hard but the struggles continue and he soon finds himself in a big crossroad.

I don't think Isaac had it easier, but since we aren't in his head and we don'
Marte - Thunderella

**** 4 owie stars ****

Keira Andrews continues to write and tell a beautiful story with beautiful characters!

How David feels in this installment is just so heart squeezing. There's a lot of miscommunication and lack of communication between Isaac and David. They both holds their tongue. David is swamped with guilt and responsibility, he even has great (view spoiler) and he turns to (view spoiler) to deal with everything.

I find it surprising re

Debra
I loved this just as much as the first. If you haven't read A Forbidden Rumspringa, (1) what are you waiting for? and (2) this review will likely have some spoilers for that story.

The switch over to David's POV from this story worked really well for me. David struggles with so much, some of which was expected based on the situation he left back in Zebulon. He has done what he can, but he can't help feeling selfish at times thinking about how difficult it must be for his mother and sisters. Isaac
Martin
God, I'm so mad at this book...

Spoilers beware for book 1:
David and Isaac are in San Francisco now, staying with Isaac's brother who left the Amish community years earlier.
Aaron welcomes Isaac and David in the modern world and is determined to show them the many things they missed growing up.

While Isaac embraces his new life excitedly, David feels intimidated and way out of his league in the bright and loud, gay-friendly world of San Francisco. All he wants is to curl up with Isaac and lie under
Isabel
After reading and enjoying so much A Forbidden Rumspringa, I wasn't expecting so feel disappointed with this book... I don't want to spoil the story to future readers, but the main reason for my rating, is excess of guilt. Of course that guilty feelings were expected, the transition from one way of living to another completely different, would bring tension between Isaac and David... what I was not expecting was that the entire book was about guilt...

I know, deep inside, that the third book wil
* A Reader Obsessed *
Nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy
All you need is love

Well… it isn't quite that easy, but for some reason this song kept popping in my head while reading this.

Suffice it to say, the angst continues.

Isaac and David have left their Amish life behind so that they could be together, and it's a complete culture shock as they're confronted with the modern world. At times this was equal parts funn
Jewel
Isaac and David, after leaving Zebulon at the end of A Forbidden Rumspringa, have arrived in San Francisco and are staying with Isaac's brother Aaron, who had left the Amish way of life a decade, or so, before.

Before I get into the book, itself, I must say that I loved Aaron and his wife Jen. Aaron not only left the Amish community, but he has really found his own way, and got himself an education and is now a high school math teacher. Also, he left his faith entirely behind. He's not a believer
Ariana
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
A Clean Break is what might have been on Isaac and David's mind when they left their community in Zebulon. A break with their old world and its endless rules and regulations. But things are not that easy (are they ever!). I loved that we got David's POV after having Isaac's in book 1!

For David life in San Francisco could as well be on a different planet. There is so much to take in and learn he is totally overwhelmed by the experience. And boy, I felt for him. It must be awful hearing people tal
Dalia
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-na, m-m

Isaac and David arrived to San Francisco. While exploring the English world is for them exciting it's also scary and confusing. Isaac's brother Aaron and his wife Jen help them settle up and acclimate to their new life.

Now, that Isaac and David don't have to follow Amish restrictions and can be whatever they want, Isaac decides to do something different and goes to school to get his GED. David, on the other hand, continues being a carpenter.

This time the story is told from David's persp
Elsbeth

BR with Paul, Julie and Nathan (re-read for me)

**********************************

BR, February 3rd (release day) with Julie, Marco, Marte, Trisha and Momo.

Just the rating!!! Any book that can make me a fucking mess, deserves 5 stars!!!

(Review to follow, when the others are finished)

description
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Isaac and David are in San Fran and trying to get used to the outside world. Naturally, it doesn't go so well.

I liked getting David's POV here and seeing events from the previous book from his eyes. His guilt at leaving his family behind is palpable, and his fear of losing Isaac to the world makes a certain amount of sense. David puts a lot of pressure on himself and see only what he does wrong - or thinks he's done wrong - and he doesn't have the skills to communicate those concerns what with h
Arch Bala
02.19.15
So if you haven’t read the first book (A Forbidden Rumspringa), I suggest you get a hold of it first before reading this one.

Okay, first reaction after reading it – I was seething! I was mad, and wanted to bitchslap everyone within five feet. After a couple of days, I got it together and thought about David and Isaac’s first foray into the “outside” world.

It’s been difficult for Isaac and David to leave their Amish settlement in Zebulon much more for David because he knows that he’s aban
Bev

Short and sweet review. Although it did have the feel of a book in the middle at times, it was great and I need book 3 like yesterday!! (A Way Home, comes out in April). Absolutely chock full of feelz, MY Isaac and MY David need closure Madame Author. A polite goodbye to Zebulon and it's inhabitants, and let them and Anna live in the real world of their own free will...Big PLEASE and thank you. 5 sparkly Clark 'the slimy git' stars from me.

A big Mwah!! to Mona for the buddy read.
Wendy
Review to come after book 3
Melissa
Wow, Clark is so on my shit list right now. How could he do that!?!?!?!?!?! And yep, it just goes to show you that surprising your significant other by showing up unexpectedly never ends well. Or at least, not in the movies or books, anyway.

David and Isaac are just as good in book 2 as they were in book 1. I love them together. They seriously need to learn to talk to each other about things that bother them (view spoiler)
Samantha
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Samantha by: Geri
Review Now Availble @ Scattered Thoughts & Rogue Words
Amy
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
It was great to be back with David and Isaac. I didn't love this one quite as much as book #1, but I still LOVE this series and can't wait for the final book in this trilogy.
Leta Blake
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I finished A Forbidden Rumspringa, I had certain ideas about what we'd see in the second book. We'd been told that the guys would go to San Francisco and immediately I was filled up with my own reaction to that city: adoration, freedom, bliss! I anticipated the boys arriving and being absolutely high on unadulterated freedom, joyful at seeing men holding hands or giving a casual smooch on the street, and blooming into the new, happier English world full of opportunities they'd never dreamed ...more
Mark
I have just been hit by a tidal wave of emotion. I haven’t been so invested in a series of books for a long time. Last week I left Isaac and David skipping off into a bright new future together and breathed a huge sigh of relief that after all they went through they were in the clear. Nothing but plain sailing now.

However, I should have known that nothing is going to be that easy and in the hands of Ms Andrews I’ve just been put through another emotional wringer. For our boys coming from an Amis
Kaje Harper
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is the second book in the series - it does not stand alone and it has a very open, cliffhanger ending. There will be spoilers in this review for the first book.

I enjoyed this story a lot, particularly in the first two thirds. I loved seeing David and Isaac away from their tiny isolated community, plunged into modern life. We are introduced to some excellent supporting characters, particularly Jen who is Isaac's sister-in-law. She manages to be supportive and accepting without being stereoty
Alona
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVE these two boys!
Love them!!!
Cristina
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, lgbtq, queer
The second book in Keira Andrews's beautiful Amish trilogy sets the bar high for Isaac and David as they transition into the English world.

I liked the switch in focus from Isaac to David and the careful depiction of their different reactions to technology, freedom and an entirely different way of life.

The novel ends with a plot cliffhanger and I'm really curious to read more of their story.

I'll write a proper review of the whole trilogy after reading A Way Home. So far, though, the novels have
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
4.5 stars!
*****slight possible spoilers if you're weird about certain info*******

I'm all for 'open endings' or cliffhangers but this time it felt kinda mean. :/

I loved seeing the boys learn about the city and themselves. :) Their sexy times keep getting hotter & hotter. (whenever I see mirrors on closets , I'll think of them!)
I think I was feeling just as left out as David was, when it came to Issac & his new 'adventure ' .
Clark.... I KNEW he was gonna pull some douche move. I howeve

• Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)
  • Alaska (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • Ravages
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
  • Playing to Win (Glasgow Lads, #2)
  • A Second Harvest (Men of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Public Display of Everything
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • The Lost Prince (A Midwinter Prince #2)
  • Point of Contact
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • Something Like Spring (Something Like, #4)
  • Corkscrewed
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fict ...more

Gay Amish Romance (3 books)
  • A Forbidden Rumspringa (Gay Amish Romance #1)
  • A Way Home (Gay Amish Romance #3)
“She means you’re sweet,” Aaron answered. “The way you two look at each other, it’s…” David tensed as his mind completed the sentence. Wrong. Abhorrent. An abomination before the Lord. “Wonderful,” Aaron finished.” 5 likes
“I want to worship you,” he whispered. Isaac was beautiful and good, and David wanted him to know it.” 2 likes