Start by marking “Beautiful Lawman (Devil's Rock, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Lawman (Devil's Rock, #4)

Beautiful Lawman (Devil's Rock #4)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  840 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
From the wrong side of the tracks and with most of her family in jail or dead, Piper Walsh is used to everyone in town thinking the worst about her. It doesn’t seem to matter that she’s worked hard to build a good life for herself. So she isn’t surprised that when she comes into contact with Sweet Hill’s wildly irresistible, arrogant sheriff, Hale Walters, they’re instant ...more
Published December 26th 2017 by Avon

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
He wasn’t for her. She didn’t get nice things. Men like him went for the good girls of the world who went to college and took yoga classes and were raised by loving parents. Not girls who woke in the middle of the night from nightmares because the past could never release its grip.

Why has it taken me this long to read this series? Why? I read Jordan's historicalThe Scandal of It All and became an instant fan. I've been eyeing this series for months, and I honestly don't know why it
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐4.5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loved the premise, nothing out of the ordinary there but the romance, the opposites attract trope, and the flowing writing made it such a page turner I finished it in one afternoon. Great execution!

The chemistry between Hale and Piper was blazing and intense to read about! A damsell in distress with a hell of a backbone and a spitfire attitude against a self-righteous town Sheriff in charge in more ways than one, yeah sparkles are to be expected!
Only Sheriff Hale isn't going to
Alyssa
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
This book was wonderful! Probably my favorite of the series. The Hale/Piper dynamic is PERFECT!

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Source: ARC sent by publicist

Summary (from Goodreads):

JewelsyGoolsy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyed this one and didn’t have to read the others in the series to understand it. Although it had me till the end, the MC’s chemistry wasn’t as good as I’d hoped
Esther
ARC provided by Edelweiss and publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Rating 3.75 -4.00

I liked these two intense characters and their chemistry was fantastic.

But what I found somewhat lacking was the development of the plot. The mystery was thrown in three quarter into the book and then it became a rushed and condensed resolution at the end.

The romance development was a fairly good in pacing but lagged at certain points and then at the end (again about three quarters into the book) it was
Amanda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series, and this was probably my favorite book in it so far. So emotional and sexy. I'm seriously considering starting at book one again and reading them straight through. I'm still swooning over Hale, who was so thoughtful and protective while still having that edge that made him delicious as heck. And Piper, with all her baggage and hopes, was so easy to root for that I raced through the pages, wanting to see how everything would work out for her.
Lover of Romance
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Beautiful Lawman is a story that brings two souls that are from opposite sides of the tracks...will these two strong personalities be able to find a balance in co-exist in a world that says otherwise?

Beautiful Lawman was such a beautifully written story and I have to say that other than book one, this book is one of the most well-written books of the series and I fell head over heels in love with it. There was just nothing better than this
Vashti
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Possibly the best of the series so far,the chemistry between these two was off the charts hot! Is Cruz's book next I hope :)
Amber Hughes
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Beautiful Lawman is the 4th book in Sophie Jordan’s Devil’s Rock series and it was one I was highly anticipating! I’ve loved every book in this series and this one is no exception.

What happens when the town sheriff, Hale Walters crosses paths with Piper Walsh, a woman whose family members have been on the wrong side of the law, including her brother who is currently in prison? Sparks fly! They both infuriate each other at times, but there’s no denying the chemistry between them. Pretty soon it
Stacee
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok

Hate to love + Sophie Jordan = something I had to read. Sadly I was pretty disappointed.

I really liked Piper and Hale. She’s strong and has a great work ethic and desperately wants to provide a safe life for her sister. Hale is loyal and has a lot of good intentions. Together there is chemistry, but there needed to be some actual conversation.

Plot wise is where I struggled. I didn’t see the relationship between Piper and Hale progress to love, it just seemed like a whole lot of lust. A
Jultri
2.5/5. Let me just start by praising the narrator, Christian Fox, for elevating the book experience with his spine-tingling, oh so smooth baritone voice. He had me hot and bothered even after just the first few lines.

description

*fans self* I can't get any information about him apart from the fact that he voices other erotic/romantic fiction. Just as well his identity remains elusive, because noone can possibly live up to that voice and if he does, God help him against groupies!

description

Of course, I don't count my
Aeren
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me ha enganchado mucho, tanto como para no parar, la química entre ellos es genial, y las escenas de sexo muy bien llevadas, de hecho creo que voy a releer los que me he dejado atrás mientras espero la historia de Cruz, porque ESPERO historia suya, y soy de las que huye de las series, muy entretenido, a favoritos.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, owned
Rating: 4.5/5

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

The fourth book in the Devil’s Rock series involves Piper Walsh and Hale Walters and at first glance, it looks like a case of opposite attracts.

Piper is stuck in a town where everyone seemed to judge her by her family’s last name which is leading her to live a hard life, but she does it for her sister Malia. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind though and no one would think of her as a fragile girl. She gives as much as she gets especially a
Dísir
Whatever it is—jobs or money or security—that most people take for granted, Piper Walsh hasn’t had an easy time of it.

It isn’t often that I feel a huge affinity for a protagonist, but Piper certainly made my chest ache big time. There was so much I loved about her: her work ethic, her willingness to sacrifice so much for her family, as she silently took the barbs in about being the town’s loser family (with the often run-in with law enforcement and several family members in jail) that can do no
Fatimama
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked Piper (h) but Hale (H) was a judgmental dick for far too long and their interaction was so limited prior to his about-face that it’s not believable. They were just so in-lust with each other. The book lacked more romance building.
Maida
(Devil’s Rock #4)
Publisher: Avon Books
Release Date: December 26, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance review copy of Beautiful Lawman for an honest review.

Beautiful Lawman is a book that deals with prejudices, has passion and heart! Not judging someone on outward appearances and thinking you know their story is something Sophie dealt with seamlessly. This book had me hook-line and sinker right from the first page
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/12/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Hold that thought, I’ll be right back to tell you why you’re wrong.”

Piper Walsh has spent her entire life trying to live down her family’s bad reputation. With her older brother currently serving time at Devil’s Rock, raising her younger sister, and being forced to work in a strip club doesn’t help. A chance meeting with the local sheriff only reinforces her opinion that people like her can’t ever win.

Sherif
nick

I’m not head over heels in love with this series, but I’ve been keeping up with it. If I’m being honest, the first book was the only I actually liked. The thing with Sophie Jordan’s book is that she’s absolutely amazing at writing white-hot chemistry and tension between her couples, but when it comes to the romantic elements, she falters quite a bit, mostly because her books are too short, which doesn’t allow much room for emotional development. For me personally, lust is simply not enough to sa
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
When I read the blurb of Beautiful Lawman (Devil's Rock #4) by Sophie Jordan I knew I had to read it. The lawman and The trouble maker  - it honestly couldn't have been any better than this. I adore enemies to lovers romances. On top of that he was the law and she the waitress/stripper with a sassy mouth and a big chip on her shoulder.

I was in HEAVEN!!! BLISS!

I had a blast reading Beautiful Lawman. This novel checked all my boxes - ALL OF THEM!!!   Not only was the story well crafted and smoothl
A Klue
So far, this is my surprise read of the year, folks. Sure, the synopsis sounded great, but I was surprised how fully engaged I stayed throughout this entire “enemies to lovers” romantic tale. Sheriff Hale Walters has to tread lightly when it comes to being the town icon enforcer for law and order and mixing with the likes of gorgeous Piper Walsh, who comes from a long line of criminal relatives. Her last name alone is like a prison sentence this misjudged, feisty, survivor, do anything for those ...more
Lynsey A
Pretty decent read. Her came off as a jerk at first. Got better. This book read really fast, it was only about 2.5 hours on my Kindle to read.

Heroine is from the trouble-making family in town and no one will hire her so she works at a strip club. Circumstances arise where she has to do private dances. Only does one and that is with the hero in what turns out to be a pretty hot scene. :) The other one gets interrupted and then she gets fired so it is a safe read, really.

The story definitely coul
Jillian
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Lawman is the fourth book in author Sophie Jordan's Devil's Rock series and while I have loved the series so far, I have to say this was my favorite yet.  Man, oh, man, how I loved me some Hale!

This was totally a modern-day Cinderella story of sorts.  Piper's been battling her family's tarnished reputation in her small town all while trying to raise her younger sister, keep her dead-end job, and stay close to her imprisoned brother.  She has been through so much in her life already and
Louisa
Aug 18, 2017 added it
Yeah, another book in this series! I really enjoyed these two together, they made for a good couple! I I do wish that it'd been longer, because I wanted more of them!
Keri
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I would have liked this more, had we had more ending. The ILY's came pretty fast, but they had to, the book wasn't that long. The beginning had a really good start in length and then boom, we were at the end. I liked Hale in his book, SJ did a good job of turning him around for me. Can't wait for Cruz's book to get more these DsR guys. The first and 2nd books still remain my favs of the series.
Codi Gary
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! People who love gritty contemporaries should check out this series! I am obsessed with it!
Bambi Unbridled
description

This is my first time reading a Sophie Jordan contemporary, and I don't know what took me so long. I am very intrigued by this series and I need to get to earlier books ASAP. While I haven't read the earlier books yet, I think they work well as standalones and I didn't feel overly lost of like I was missing information as I read. There appears to be a very small amount of character crossover, but nothing substantial enough to warrant the books being read in order.

Our heroine, Piper Walsh, is a t
*TANYA*
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2018
Sigh....adorable!!! I loved it. Hale and Piper were perfect together. Their love story was tumultuous and yet so tender sweet. I hope this series keeps going.
Amanda Villhauer
I still have to read 2 and 3. *fans self
Goodreads Librari...: add narrator to audiobook 2 14 May 29, 2018 01:21AM
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years
More about Sophie Jordan

Devil's Rock (5 books)
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock, #1)
  • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
  • Fury on Fire (Devil's Rock, #3)
  • Beautiful Sinner (Devil's Rock #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“But she wasn’t a fool either. Better than anyone she knew how easy it was to become a victim. It didn’t mean you were weak or stupid. It didn’t mean you had done anything wrong. More often than not it meant you were unlucky enough to run smack into a giant douchebag bent on all manner of assholery.” 1 likes