Start by marking “Hart of the Storm” as Want to Read:
Hart of the Storm

Hart of the Storm

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Amberlee Hart has always had it easy. Her beauty and ability to sing like a Siren have made her a star in Louisiana. Though her dreams are much bigger than “the boot.”
Jeb Storm has always been a tortured soul, judged for his upbringing. Music has always been his escape.
While driving to the most important audition of his life, Jeb stops to help a woman in distress.
Amberlee
Published by Skye Turner Books

To ask other readers questions about Hart of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hart of the Storm

Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

Genre: Adult Romance
Release Date: May 31, 2017

TEASERS

MEET THE AUTHOR
Skye Turner is an avid reader and an editor turned writer. She attended Southeastern Louisiana University and Louisiana State University where she majored in Mass Communications, centering her studies in Journalism. She lives in small town Louisiana with her husband, 2 kids, and 8 fu
M.L.
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Young and fearing what others would think, Amberlee never voiced her feelings for Jeb. Almost a decade later, Amberlee and Jeb are brought together by fate—a stranded car on the interstate and a singing competition. Older and wiser, and each with the dream of becoming the next American Dream winner, will life once again stand in the way?

Hart of the Storm is an enchanting, swoon-worthy (because who wouldn’t want a Jeb of their own), sweet love story. An example that even though life threatens to
Amy Stephens
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Skye Turner's stories have a way of sucking you in, leaving you begging for more! As is the case with Hart of the Storm, a truly original story that's cute and fun. The cast of characters are amazing and you feel like they're from right there in your own neighborhood.

Hart of the Storm is just an all-around great story. Amberlee and Jeb, classmates from many years ago, are reunited in an unusual sort of way. Little did they know, they were both headed in the same direction to try and fulfill the
Trish Leger
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great romance with funny secondary characters! Skye writes with heart, heat and a generous helping of romance. Jeb and Amberlee went to school together and unbeknownst to each other, they each harbored feelings for the other person. I like the fact that they knew each other and have known each other a while, before ever jumping any where near a bed. I am definitely a sucker for people who have hidden feelings for each other while slowly being sucked into a relationship.

The conversation between t
Denise Van plew
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was drawn to this one because of the story line but this author is no stranger to me knowing she can capture my attention with her writing. She once again transports me to a rich romance with characters to brings to life through the words as they unfold in this one. The way they meet up starts it with this being a mix of second chance to first flaming romance. Amberlee could not have had a better one come to her than Jeb with what goes from there is where you sit back and see what develops. Sh ...more
United Indie Book Blog

review by Chanelle
Christina Del Moral (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
Boy from the wrong side of the tracks and the girl you cared too much what others thought. Years later FATE brought them together at a signing competition. Great story that keeps you in your toes and needing to know what going to happen. This story is a true swoon worthy love story that will melt your heart. Jeb and Amberlee needs a continuation of their journey though the music world.
Glenna Maynard
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun fast paced second chance romance. I am a sucker for serendipity and Hart Of The Storm delivered. Jeb and Amberlee share more than just their passion for music. They have both harbored feelings for one another since they were kids, but are afraid to tell the other because they are both competing to win their dream record deal. Throw some fun side characters into the mix with some steamy scenes and you have the perfect summer read.
Mayas
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
My greedy reader mind just need three more paragraphs at the end and maybe a promise for a companion novel or two. I enjoyed this story and the insight of the battle in which Jeb and Amberlee was fighting as they both were fighting for "them" and chasing a dream that was meant for both.

I have a special place for second chance romances but pure affection and fight is what drives a storyline home. That is what their relationship was, visible to all although the fight inside their head was trying
Louise Rogers-Thomas
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Skye has hit the nail on the head with this one!!! But I expected nothing less.

The story between Jeb and Amberlee is beautiful complete with some great secondry charaters that I'd like more from. Skye has done a fab job setting the scene as it feels like your reading a X Factor series book.
Amy McNew
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter, Turner pulls at your heartstrings in this one. She's good at that! You feel Jeb's pride in what he's accomplished despite his upbringing or lack thereof. You feel Amberlee's passion and longing for something more. And the tension? It's immediate and doesn't fade. Since they're vying for the same prize, it brings a whole mess of complications. Their paths were set, their dreams at their fingertips. They just didn't count on each other!

Skye has a way of weaving a story that
Books Laid Bare
4.5 Stars
From the very beginning I knew that this was going to be a story that I would quite simply be enthralled by, but while that might have been obvious, what wasn’t was the depth of emotion that the story was going to draw from me.
I thought that what this author did with these characters was quite simply superb, she sucked me in from the get-go and by the time she spat me out on the last page, I was a shell of the woman I had been when I started. Amberlee and Jeb’s story was personal, it h
Chantal  (iScream Books)
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Skye has written another can't put down book! This book was a second chance story. I loved how they are both pursuing the same dream of becoming more talented than they both already are. Hart of the Storm is filled with passion, music, and some southern charm.

Amberlee is a young woman who always had the simple ways of life. She comes from a well known, privileged family in Louisiana. Her incredible singing voice and dream of being bigger than just the state she lives in.

Jeb has always been lab
Kaitlyn
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hart of the Storm is a nice and fun read. The characters were fun and driven towards their goals. I found it interesting to read and see the characters move beyond their past.

The story started out interesting although it took a little bit through the first chapter to figure out what was going on and who was who.

The characters were easy to like and root for. Jeb came from the wrong side of the tracks, yet he didn't let it stop him from being successful and following his dreams. Amberlee seems lik
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
This was a great read. I loved how the title came into play - I am a sucker for things like that !! We also watch a lot of reality music shows at home so a book about one was refreshing , not a common thing to read.

Jeb and Amberlee have known each other since childhood. They went to school together but grew up in different worlds. He was from the wrong side of the tracks and she came from money. Ironically they both had a thing for the other and never did anything about it. Jen obviously didn't
Nikki Costello
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complementary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Skye Turner has once again given us another 5+ star read. It's a brilliantly written, sweet second chance love story that you will immediately take to your heart. The main characters Jeb and Amberlee have an amazing chemistry and the secondary characters just add so much fun.

Jeb and Amberlee went to the same school he was from the wrong side of the tracks and she was part of the 'it' crowd they bot
Dana Busenbark
"I love this book. Meeting Jeb Stone and Amberlee Hart and how they know one another is fun and interesting. What does Jeb do for work? What about Amberlee? What happens that puts them together again, getting to know the adult versions of one another? Who is Brinley? What about Jessop? When you read about Amberlee's thoughts and you read about Jeb's thoughts, you cannot help but to shake your head and chuckle. How two people can be so clueless about things is truly fun to watch. Especially when ...more
Kerry
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel I have read by Skye Turner and it certainly won't be the last one. I find second-chance romance stories are either a bit blasé or a bit OTT but Skye Turner has beautifully written Jeb and Amberlee's story.

They were two teenagers from very different sides of the track but had a spark neither could take a risk following....fast-forward to a chance encounter as both Jeb and Amberlee chase their dream in the music world and suddenly you have a story that builds into a will t
Renee at Book Happiness
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review..

AHHHH Jeb and Amberlee i just fell in love with these characters!!! Such a great story of reconnecting

This author has this amazing talent of writing amazing rockers and their loves... This book was no different.. I fell head over heels for this couple and their second chance romance....

I am so very excited for this new series of rockers and can not wait to see where we go with them!!!
Chantelle Bouffanie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I've reviewed this for United Indie Book Blog. I love reading Skye's books. She will have you drawn into the story very quickly. Skye did an awesome job with creating the characters of this story. I fell head over heels in love with Jeb and Amderlee. This is a second chance for them. Knew each other as kids. I highly recommend this story. Keep up the awesome work Skye. I can't wait to read more of your books. This is definitely a MUST HAVE!
Heather
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's a great second chance romance with some music thrown in. Not a lot of drama, not your typical rocker romance, and I loved the buildup to the end. I couldn't figure out how it was all going to tie up until the very end, and I loved that. The love scenes between Jeb and Amberlee were hot, and some of the best I've read in a while. I can't wait to see what Skye has in store for us next.
Lindsey Lawson
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love. I wasn't sure how this was going to go but I absolutely love the solution and how everything pans out. No angst, no annoyances. Just sexy and straight forward. Love these kinds of books.
Sheila Brannan lake
Debbie
Jul 03, 2017
Mandy Bee
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much!! It was a heart warming story that had me smiling like a silly little girl at the end! I love music competitions! I loved how it went from week to week of the show and how the friendships grew no matter what happened. The love story is the bad boy from the wrong sides of the track and the good girl from the privileged family. But they both misunderstood each other and once they saw that each other really wanted to be together they didn't let anything stop them, not eve ...more
Leslie Grasham
Sep 19, 2017
Skye Turner

Skye Turner is an avid reader and an editor turned International Bestselling Author of the Bayou Stix Series.

She attended Southeastern Louisiana University and Louisiana State University where she majored in Mass Communications, centering her studies in Journalism. Unfortunately life intervened and she made the choice to leave her studies.

She lives in small town Louisiana with her husb
More about Skye Turner...