Start by marking “A Dangerous Proposal (Bow Street Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Dangerous Proposal (Bow Street Brides, #2)

A Dangerous Proposal

(Bow Street Brides #2)

Felicity Atwood's life was a debutante's dream. She had a wealthy husband, two beautiful children, and an elegant townhouse in Grosvenor Square. Everything was perfect...until her husband publicly left her for his mistress and her dream turned into a nightmare. Now she's divorced, destitute, and bordering on desperate.

A CHARMING THIEF...
Felix Spencer has never met a piece
Published July 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Dangerous Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dangerous Proposal

Start your review of A Dangerous Proposal (Bow Street Brides, #2)
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I'm loving Jillian Eaton's voice. The first book in this series, A Dangerous Seduction was a really fun read, and this one met all of my expectations as well. A few things to note: First, the heroine in this book was raped a few years prior to this book starting. It's briefly relived in a flashback and it's mentioned a few times as the heroine is still trying to move past it.

Also, Felicity, our heroine in this book, starts out as divorced. The author includes a note describing the extremely rare
Sammy Loves Books
Damn this one was Sooo Freakin Good!!

This was the best of the series!
Angie
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

It has been a very lovely year thus far when it comes to new-to-me authors. Some years are like that, while others (I'm thinking of last year in particular) are often quieter and filled with familiar voices. Both are wonderful. But I confess to being rather thrilled that this year has held so many new authors. As part of my previously mentioned (and apparently ongoing) historical binge, I recently ran across the work of Jillian Eaton by way of her Bow Street
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
Wow! I devoured this book. I'm so in love with Felix. I mean come on, how swoon worthy was he? I loved him and his determination to get his girl.
Jillian Eaton
Jul 24, 2017 marked it as from-the-author  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like intelligent heroines, rakes with a heart of gold, adorable children, and snarky Pomeranians named Mr. Darcy, you're going to love A Dangerous Proposal! A standalone romance with a happily-ever-after, it's guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
Amazon AU

"What - what are you doing?" Felicity asked warily when the rough pad of Felix's thumb traced the delicate line of her collarbone.

He had the hands of a working man, the skin calloused and sun
Elaine
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this story. I really got into it, although I took my time reading it (my son was visiting).
I found this book interesting and very enjoyable. Very entertaining too. 4☆
Nessa
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I ENJOYED THIS ONE WAY BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK.
THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN FELIX AND FELICITY WAS BLOSSOMING BETWEEN THE PAGES!

OUR HERO is the kind of man I absolutely respect because he wasn't afraid to admit that he was in love with the heroine. The norm of heroes are that they would get cold feet, but Felix is a MAN in every sense of the word. A reformed thief, he's the one who does the stealing NOT the other way around. What an irony for a scorned woman to capture his heart and he can't help bu
Carlene Michalk
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It touched my heart!

My second book by this author. A Dangerous proposalIs the second in the series. I’m enjoying this series I love the first book and I definitely love this second book!

Felix Spencer, oh my, he was quite charming and I have to say he made me blush a couple of times too. And plus, his jokes/jabs.. haha.. Who wouldn’t want a man like him. He would do anything for Felicity. I found him early romantic and, he didn’t come as overbearing or anything. He had a quirky personality and, h
Suzanne
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Felicity worked hard to prepare herself for being a debutant. She was pretty but quiet and docile. Her dowry was not large but she was a kind person. Her mother hoped she would attract a peer, as all mothers do and Ezra, Lord Ashworth was much older but he was her only offer. He was titled, wealthy and demanding. Felicity was innocent and obedient. Felicity had a best friend Scarlett who also made a marriage to a wralthy, titled is who unfortunately could not keep it in his pants. One day when S ...more
Pamela
I really enjoyed this book. I had a busy week, or I would have read this much quicker. I loved the female heroine, as she has gone through such tragedy. A marriage to a wealthy Lord , and two beautiful children comes crashing down around her, through no fault of her own. Society is a cruel mistress, as Felicity soon learns. I also loved Felix, who was a thief in his younger days, and quite good at it, until he was caught , and trained as a Bow Street Runner. They were the Victorian era of a poli ...more
Mindy Gammon
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the Bow Street Brides books that I have read and I believe one of Felicity's main underlying issues is one that many people can closely relate to and may be a trigger for some, but shows the importance of working towards healing and trust. This is not a genre that I typically read, but it is a fun, quick paced read that can easily be read start to finish over a rainy weekend. Eaton has done quite a bit of homework and writes notes to catch the reader up on things that coul ...more
Tammy E Allen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Trying

I was hoping this second novel would be a step up from book 1, but it wasn't. Pros: I liked both the heroine and the hero's characters. Acknowledgement of what rape victims generally experience. Slapping of a vicious bully/gossip. Cons: There was NO action, thrill, adversary for 7 chapters. The first 7 chapters dealt with her divorce, where to live, and the feelings and doubts of the heroine and the hero. There was a murder but there was no elaboration. There was nothing tying in the murde
Misti
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
I enjoyed this for the most part. I liked the characters and story. Two things keep me from giving it a higher rating. 1) I wish there had been a little more show and less tell in the relationship. They seemed to fall in love quickly (even if they didn’t admit it out loud) and without much quality time spent together being shown. 2) The ending had me rolling my eyes a bit. I mean come on, Felix felt where Felicity was? He’s a runner, for goodness sake. He should have done some detective work.
Min
Amy
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I read it all in one night so it is definitely entertaining.

Felix and Felicity were an odd couple but I was rooting for them all the way. At first I did not think I was going to finish the book because so much of it seemed so sad-what Felicity's husband had done to them and their children but I persevered and am glad I did.

There was romance but not much sex and some violence as it related to a killer on the loose and what had happened to Felicity years earlier.

Overall
Shawna
4.5 stars - Historical Romance

I didn't quite love this one as much as the first book in the series, A Dangerous Seduction, but it's still a great historical romance. Felix's patient pursuit and courtship of Felicity, including winning over her two adorable kids and mother, is truly heartwarming.

I listened to the audiobook, and the narrator, Mary Sarah, does a fabulous job with the characters and accents and really enhanced my enjoyment of the story. I'm loving this series!
Wendy Tavenner
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great Bow-Street read. Felicity had everything beauty, home, children and a husband until he filed for divorce and accused her or adultery . She was raped by her husbands best friend and her son Henry was the product of that encounter.
Felix Spencer was a jewel thief until he was caught by Owen and was given a choice, go to New-Gate or become a Bow-Street Runner. He chose the Runner.
When they meet again Felix will do everything he can to win her heart. A wonderful story with a great ending.
Barbara Xedos
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Dangerous Proposal

Here is another wonderful story by Jillian Eaton. It is a story about losing everything and heart broken but find love again but worried about going through everything all over again. It is a wonderful story and I hope you will enjoy reading this book as much as I did. I can't wait until her next book (A Dangerous Affair) comes out.
merilie Gonzales
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Dangerous Proposal by Jillian Eaton

A very entertaining read. It had all the components of a well thought out story, great characters, witty conversation, intrigue, a plot that keeps you reading, and a happy ending. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. I've bought it already.
Heather
I love that this series is a historical romance where the heroes are common working men instead of members of the aristocracy. Gritty Bow Street Runners instead of gentlemanly Lords....yes please! Both books drew me in; I look forward to reading more by this author!
Shirley kendall
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Kept me interested through the struggles of Felicity. I liked the way the characters of the first book were refreshed so I could remember their relationship as reading continued.
Shirley Hamlod
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant second book in the series. I can’t wait for the third book to come out. The character of Felicity was really believable and you couldn’t help but feel sorry for her! Enter Felix who is a scamp but dashing and loveable! There is also a twist at the end you don’t see coming! Great.
Kim Underwood
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and loving!

Excellent novel! I enjoyed every moment ideas this wonderful love story! Ihighly recommend anyone who loves to an stored it. Couldn't put it down and wish I had more to read!!!
Becky
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't have much of a review to say - this book was good, not my favorite but I liked all the different storylines. However, HUGE trigger warning for rape/sexual assault. It kind of sneaks up on you and then you think it's been discussed but it comes back again with descriptions later.
Marybelle A. Swaim
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I love this author's books. Each and every one that I have read so far have been exceptionally entertaining. There is excitement, romance, suspense and insight in each book. A definite pleasurable read.
Mary Gallo
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it was just as good as the first one

Creative series, strong characters. Actually, likable characters. I like knowing what happened to them as the series developed. Definitely stand alone stories, but much better when purchased and read in order.
Paula Mosher
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Runner &the Lady

Not the usual Lord & Lady romance. These characters each had history, though more about Felix would have been nice. A real and slightly mysterious plot carried the protagonists along beautifully. Worth the time to read and perhaps read again.
Claudia Tweed
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. What a good entertaining read that I finished in one sitting. Got some good chuckles and shed a tear it two. I enjoyed the first book in the series and am starting the third now.
Cathy Crane
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read!!!

This book was riveting and did not disappoint. This series gets better and better. I loved the characters and the story. I did not want to put it down. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next book. I highly recommend!!!
Shaina
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was better than the first... now I want the next one.... can't wait
Susan Corwin
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Put it down...

Fun and fast -- I love her books! A bit predictable, but so engaging - it was fun getting there!

• Dangerous Duke (League of Dukes #3)
  • The Duke's Defiant Debutante
  • A Midsummer Kiss (Kiss the Wallflower #1)
  • Lady Ruthless (Notorious Ladies of London, #1)
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • Shameless Duke (League of Dukes #4)
  • Never Doubt a Duke (Never, #1)
  • The Marquess of Temptation (Reluctant Regency Brides #3)
  • Marquess of Mayhem (Sins & Scoundrels #3)
  • Waiting for a Rogue Like You (Rogues of Redmere)
  • Heartless Duke (League of Dukes #2)
  • A Whole New Duke
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 1)
  • Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • Her Deceptive Duke (Wicked Husbands #4)
  • Between the Devil and the Duke (The Duke's Secret Book 4)
  • Wagered in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #5)
Jillian Eaton grew up in Maine and now lives in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. When she isn't writing, Jillian is doing her best to keep up with her young son and three very mischevious dogs.

She loves horses, coffee, getting e-mail from readers, ducks, and staying up late finishing a good book.

She isn't very fond of doing laundry.

Keep up with Jillian on Twitter (@jillianwrites) + Instagram (@authorjill

Bow Street Brides (5 books)
  • A Dangerous Seduction (Bow Street Brides, #1)
  • A Dangerous Affair (Bow Street Brides, # 3)
  • A Dangerous Passion (Bow Street Brides Book 4)
  • A Dangerous Temptation (Bow Street Brides, #5)