Start by marking “For the Love of the Marquess (The Noble Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
For the Love of the Marquess (The Noble Hearts, #2)

For the Love of the Marquess

(The Noble Hearts #2)

She will never trust her broken heart to him again.

Shortly after Lady Juliet trusted her heart to Graham, the Marquess of Hertford, he disappeared with no explanation. Eight months later he is back in London, eager to resume their relationship, but claims he cannot tell her where he’s been.

Published May 19th 2017 by Glass Half Full LLC

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of the Marquess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of the Marquess

Start your review of For the Love of the Marquess (The Noble Hearts, #2)
Jultri
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Simple tale and not entirely convincing. Hero was completely clueless to the harm he had done to the heroine by abandoning her without much communications soon after they became intimate. He treated her resentment of him more like an amusement or challenge to win back her esteem rather than feeling guilt and remorse for not trying harder to get in touch with her even after his return to England. She gave in to him too easily again despite her token protestations. Then there are other inconsisten ...more
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
'She will never trust her broken heart to him again.

Graham was fulfilling a duty to the duke who had once acted as his guardian. Sworn to secrecy, Graham is frustrated in his attempts to win back Juliet’s trust and convince her he wants her for his wife. As
Kindle Reads
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Angst - Inch by inch

One line sums it up:
"He would have to earn her trust back
inch by inch."
And everyone of those inches was fraught with repetitive thoughts, especially from heroine, Juliet.

Summary- Graham and Juliet fell in love, planned marriage. Juliet asked Graham to wait till after sister's wedding to speak to her father. After they had first sexual encounter, he has secret family responsibility that forces him to leave for eight months. He leaves her very short note. Wrote letters whil
Widya Rahardja
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Noble Heart series

Juliet Bishop is already so sure that she would be married right after her older sister's wedding. But she got her heart broken when her intended, Graham, the Marquess of Hertford, leaving London so suddenly leaving only notes to her about his business that he need to attend. Graham actually didn't want to leave Juliet's side, he had intended to speak to her father soon about their marriage after they spent one night of passion together. But Graha
Maria Dariotis
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lady Juliet will never trust a man ever again......never will she grant her heart and have it broken! Graham the Marquees of Hertford has crushed her heart and left after sharing the most memorable night with her, now he's left without a word, and he probably has her as a woman of easy virtue! After months of trying to get over him he shows up and expects to carry on as if nothing happened. Juliet doesn't know what to think, her treacherous heart betrays her every time he's near and her mind say ...more
Peggy
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Lady Juliet, Lord Pomeroy’s second daughter, and Graham the Marquess of Hertford are in love and wish to marry. Graham agrees to wait until Lady Elise, Juliet’s sister, and Lord St. George are married to ask her father for permission to marry. Before he can meet with her father, Graham leaves for France with no more than a note to Juliet. Juliet is crushed, heartbroken. He returns eight months later and declares that he still loves her and wants to marry her. Since he is being secretive about hi ...more
Veronica Acevedo
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a short sweet read. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline that was given to the characters. I loved how the readers got to see what happened to the mid youngest sister of Lady Elise. We got to know Juliet much more, as well as her father “The Earl of Pomeroy.” From book one, we got to read about Lady Elise who refused to get married, and now her sister is in a different situation. Lady Juliet has been in love with her prince charming “Graham, the Marquess of Hertford.” Graham was v ...more
Teri Donaldson
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful series of a proud papa who has raised his daughters on his own and now would like to see them married so he can enjoy his days in peace and contentment.
Juliet is the second daughter. She was certain that she had found the man of her dreams to be her happily after ever. Until.... he disappears for eight months without explanation. Sadly, correspondence with explanations are at first only a few written lines then none at all.
When Graham returns to claim his beloved Juliet, he is m
Cathy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this second book in Callie's series. She has a way of writing that gets your attention and keeps it. This is the story of Lady Juliet and Graham, Marquess of Hertford. They want to marry, but her father has decreed that his daughters marry in the order of their age. Juliet is the second daughter, and Elise, the oldest daughter, is to marry soon. Graham, who was raised by the Duke of Reading, receives a message from the Duke that is urgent. The Duke's daughter, Amy, is unmarried an ...more
Deb Diem
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of the Marquess by Callie Hutton is a fairly short historical romance, a perfect choice for those with limited time for reading. Don't let the size of this book fool you though. Ms Hutton has packed this book with amazing, lovable characters. Graham and Juliet's story is well-written and loaded with drama, bits of humor and spice. This book grabbed my attention and kept me anchored to my kindle until the last page. I enjoyed reading For the Love of the Marquess and look forward to r ...more
Amy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did like this book although as others have said, it was a bit repetitive and I got tired of it after awhile. This is probably my least favorite romance trope-like a 3's Company episode-misunderstandings.

I liked the heroine but liked the hero more. I understand his word is his honor and he wanted to keep the Duke's secret, but I felt the whole thing could have been avoided if he could tell the one person in the world who should know-his almost-fiance!

I think the author is a great writer so I'
Nicole Normand
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book discounted on Amazon via BookBub; this is my honest review.
-I have read three books of the series so far and this is the one I liked least.
-Too much angst, too much drama, too much selfishness and lack of trust, for too long, up until about 78% of the book.
-Then everything starts again later because they (parent and chaperone) only checked the rumors later when the wrong was already done.
-It wasn't funny at all; it was sad and got me angry many times. When I was finished readin
Miriam Rivera
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

I laughed and got mad at this characters more so than with the other books in the series. Juliet and Graham were kept apart from each other for 8 months. Graham was helping his guardian and Juliet was heartbroken. Soon Graham returns and a series of event ensures they spend time together again and resume their courtship. What either of them knew was that Grahmns time away was going to come back and bite him in the arse.
Pooja Ajmera
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
So this short book is about Juliet and Graham, it's too short that the story is running around! Once you connect and then it's gone! Though the humour in the book is appreciative!

But rest all is little predictable and there is direct comparison between this book and For the love of Viscount! So the Viscount stands better then this...

Though I am going to read other two books also! You can read it once....
BROWN2
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Juliet's Turn

After her father's that his three daughters should marry in the order of their births, it is Juliet's Turn to wed. Graham and Juliet have fallen in love when he is suddenly faced with an unusual request that could change everything. Callow Hutton brings us a truly romantic tale of a broken heart and the need to rebuild a trust lost.
Eva Wade
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Graham knows he loves lady Juliet and will stop at nothing to win her back after he vanishes for a year to unforeseen circumstances he promisedc not to talk about. This was a great 2nd chance rromance. Will Lady Juliet forgive him for disapeering or will she become a spinster. This was a great standalone romance with a HEA.
Vickie Raynor
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Graham and Juliet swept me away along with their romance in this tale of courting in the tin in London. The author took me back in time and I felt a part of the past and the story. It was great to revisit the characters of the series. Incorporating a special needs character was genius. It's so easy to get attached to an innocent heart. Great read! Book gifted to me.
EvilAntie Jan
Juliet and Graham

I adore this couple. Following in her sister's footsteps,the romantic escapade of this couple is delightful. The road to their HEA isn't smooth but it shows that truth will always lead to happiness.
Cecilia Rodriguez
The story picks up shortly after Elise's wedding.
Lady Juliet, Elise's younger sister has doubts about Grahm, the Marquess of Hertford who has disappeared for eight months without explanation.
It's up to Grahm to warm up the relationship once he returns.
Phylis Collins
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of the Marquess by Callie Hutton is a wonderful, entertaining story. The ending could have been a little better, my opinion. I did enjoy reading this story. Thanks
Theresa
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I'm so enjoying this series by Ms. Hutton. Book has just enough of everything that a regency romance needs. Can't wait for the next one!
Patricia Perez
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This was a beautiful book. I just love Amy and hope she gets what she wants when she gets to Paris. Can't wait for Marigolds story. Happy Reading😀😀😀
BK
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Skipped through most of this one. The plot killed it for me.
Kada Lamas
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it

If you love Regency Romance you will love this book! The Noble Heart Series is beautifully written and you fall in love with the characters. Can't wait for the next book!
Cynthia Houser
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love of the Marquess

I enjoyed this book more than the first book in the series. The characters were entertaining. The Marquess is a very honorable man.
Elaine
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once story with a HEA. Enjoyed it. 4☆
Jimette Ross
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet, clean romance. Just enough drama and wasn't drug out.vBook 2 in the Noble Hearts series, can be read as a stand alone. Enjoyed
Kirsten
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
And now we have the 2nd daughter of Lord Pomeroy, Lady Juliet, on the marriage mart with a broken heart and no understanding of why Lord Graham vanished for so long. She won’t have him back, but he is determined to,court and win her. A funny follow up in a 6 part series.
Sieravonne
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
While I admire Graham's commitment to win Juliet back, I also find him irritating with the way he stalks her and making her uncomfortable all the time.

Juliet is very, very, very easy. A few sweet words and honeyed phrases and she blindly gave herself to Graham, again .

The way Graham proposed to Juliet was f-n distasteful! Asking for her hands while was he was deep in cups! So rude, so..., so... What the h, e, double L!!

It's like this story wasn't written by Callie Hutton at all. Sooo disapp
Jennifer Becker
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful ​story about perseverance and falling in love and never giving up. Juliet had her heart broken by Graham and his promise to a friend. Now he is back with a vengeance to win his lady back and capture her heart forever.
Goodreads Librari...: Page Count 2 13 May 10, 2019 08:46AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 18, 2017 03:42PM

• Earl of Every Sin (Sins and Scoundrels Book 4)
  • To Dare a Duchess (Lords of London Book 5)
  • To Vex a Viscount (Lords of London #4)
  • Prince of Persuasion (Sins and Scoundrels #2)
  • Always the Bridesmaid (Never the Bride #1)
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London #2)
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • An Indecent Invitation (Spies and Lovers, #1)
  • The Perfect Spinster (The Not So Saintly Sisters Book 2)
  • Marquess of Mayhem (Sins & Scoundrels #3)
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • To Woo a Widow (The Heart of a Duke, #10)
  • The Lure of a Rake (The Heart of a Duke, #9)
  • Schooling the Duke (The Heart of a Scandal, #1)
  • Loving the Marquess (Landing a Lord, #1)
  • A Matchmaker for a Marquess (The Heart of a Scandal #3)
  • To Bedevil a Duke (Lords of London #1)
  • A Kiss at Mistletoe (Kiss the Wallflower, #2)

http://calliehutton.com/newsletter/ (be up to date on new releases and sales)

Hi Romance Fans,

My historical romances are full of heat, humor, and quirky characters. I’ve always loved history, which was my college major. Things of the past fascinate me. Not those boring history classes in high school, but the history of people. How they lived their lives, what they ate, what they wore, the challenge

The Noble Hearts (6 books)
  • For the Love of the Viscount (The Noble Hearts #1)
  • For the Love of the Baron (The Noble Hearts #3)
  • For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts #4)
  • For the Love of the Duke (The Noble Hearts #5)
  • For the Love of the Gentleman (The Noble Hearts #6)