Start by marking “The Aldar Dominion (Dominion Rising #1)” as Want to Read:
The Aldar Dominion (Dominion Rising #1)

The Aldar Dominion (Dominion Rising #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

The Aldar Dominion saved the world.
Then they damned it.

After solar flares decimated Earth’s population, the alien corporation gave humans a recipe for immortality and hope for the next generation. Cloning and the technology to transport consciousness from one body to another saved the human race from extinction. But the va
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 340 pages
Published June 13th 2017 by Patchwork Press

To ask other readers questions about The Aldar Dominion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aldar Dominion

Dee Arr
I struggled through the first half of “The Aldar Dominion,” although truthfully, the almost continuous action made the journey more enjoyable. About a third of the way through the story shifted and became something else, and about halfway through the plot seemed like it would become more inventive, more interesting.

I was happy to see the changes, as from time to time there were jarring instances that yanked me out of the story. Numerous instances of people from the 24th century talking like they
Brenna
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Katherine Bogle pulled me into the world of The Aldar Dominion right off the bat, effectively creating a futuristic society full of aliens, clones, and futuristic technology. Selene is a kickass heroine who constantly amused me with her Buffy-like banter, and the plot was so suspenseful and unpredictable that I didn't want to put the book down. This is an entertaining, action-packed read, and I look forward to reading the next in the series!
Keryn
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My mind is still stuttering in shock! What an amazing thrill ride. Just when you *think* you have things figured out.... SURPRISE... another twist. Set in another time when to save humanity, aliens teach them to transfer their minds into clones to become immortal. The world is filled with three types of beings: nats or naturals (natural born humans), clones and aliens. Selene has no memory of her life from before five years ago when she stowed aboard Rikkarts smuggling ship. The gruff leader of ...more
Christina Morley
The Aldar Dominion is the first book in the exciting Dominion Rising science-fiction series by Katherine Bogle. It's an adrenaline pumping story with a hint of romance. The main character in Book 1 is Selena, the stowaway who has lost most of her memory in The Stowaway Experiment prequel. She's part of Rikkard's team as a smuggler, but her focus is on saving abused animals. Rikkard goes along with her good-will causes as he has a soft spot for her. Their luck is running out and the Dominion is b ...more
Alia Therese Lazo
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi

The plot was very intriguing as we are dropped headfirst on the missions of Selene . It was certainly fast paced and had me at the edge of my seats especially the fighting scenes. The world building was interesting but lacked details as there are still a few questions that are left unanswered.

Selene was interesting and had a very intriguing past. I liked how she tried her best to always help her friends or try to find the truth. Rikkarts was a person that was morally grey. He clearly cared for

Kay
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is one of the best sci fi action romance stories I’ve read. It’s a fast moving rollicking journey with fantastic characters battling the baddies at every turn. Selena is my favourite character, strong and caring, never giving up or in. She hides her feelings for Rik even from herself. A little reckless, a little daring, Selena spends much of her time rescuing animals and looking after Kong, her ape friend. She has no trouble shooting the bad guys. But there’s so much more to this story ...more
Sandra Kirnbauer
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who likes books about the future that may be coming will like this new series. Selena is at the beginning of everything and is starting to remember when she dreams.
Lots of suspense and action keep this story moving along really quick. I cannot wait to see what happens next. This book is not boring and the writing is top notch.
Marie Fraser
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent. It took me a few chapters to get into the swing of the story but after that I literally couldn't put it down! It has a great storyline with lots of twists and surprises along the way. The characters are all excellent with individual personalities and traits. I highly recommend this book and can't wait for the next one!
Ashley
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this to be an interesting story. I felt connected right away to the plot and was sucked in. I couldn't wait to get to the end of this story! Everything was paced well, but made to feel exciting and crazy. The characters were well developed also. All around a great start to a new series!
Shannon
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sci-fi
3.5/5

Generally recommended if you like sci-fi action, government conspiracy, and a very tiny slice of romance. It's a short read where a lot happens.

Full review: http://absoluteshannonigans.blogspot....
Amanda
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was great! I usually go with YA fantasy, so it was a fantastic change of pace! It was a little slow going in the beginning, but please stick with it. There are pirates, aliens, daring rescues, gritty weapons, and so much more. What a fun summer read!
Carol Brandon
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this fast-paced novel. I did not see the twist coming at the end. Looking forward to the sequel!
Shaun Griffiths
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great adventure, fast paced, non stop action, lots of twists and a clever turn at the end. Loved the tech in this novel. Def. worth a read.
Ana Rosario
John Barnes
Feb 06, 2018
Tandy
Michael Bush
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2017
Nona Everding
May 02, 2017
Katherine Bogle
May 09, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: published-works
Jun 28, 2017
Tim Hayes
Jul 02, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Need a cover changed 3 190 May 17, 2017 04:33PM
Katherine Bogle's debut young adult novel, Haven, came second in the World's Best Story contest 2015. She currently resides in Saint John, New Brunswick with her partner in crime, and plethora of cats.

NOW AVAILABLE:

Haven (Chronicles of Warshard #1)
Savages (Chronicles of Warshard #2)
Ashen (Chronicles of Warshard #3)
Fyre: A Chronicles of Warshard short story collection
The Blood Amulet: A Chronicles
More about Katherine Bogle

Dominion Rising (3 books)
  • The Stowaway Experiment: A Dominion Rising Short Story