Start by marking “Bloody Rose (The Band, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloody Rose (The Band, #2)

Bloody Rose

(The Band #2)

Live fast, die young.

Tam Hashford is tired of working at her local pub, slinging drinks for world-famous mercenaries and listening to the bards sing of adventure and glory in the world beyond her sleepy hometown.

When the biggest mercenary band of all rolls into town, led by the infamous Bloody Rose, Tam jumps at the chance to sign on as their bard. It's adventure she wants
Published August 28th 2018 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Bloody Rose, please sign up.
Nicholas Eames Hi! I have it on good authority (because I wrote it, edited it, copy-edited it, and am currently proofreading it) that it takes place 6 years after…moreHi! I have it on good authority (because I wrote it, edited it, copy-edited it, and am currently proofreading it) that it takes place 6 years after Kings of the Wyld!

I hope you like it!(less)
Nicholas Eames Hi! It's 100% August 28th (or August 30th in the UK). Sorry for the confusion!

I really hope you like it!

Petrik
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every fantasy fans
ARC provided by the publisher—Orbit—in exchange for an honest review.

Attention avid fantasy readers; it’s time for me to ask for your consideration once again. Nicholas Eames did it again. As of now, I’m calling Bloody Rose one of the best sequels of all time.

Last year, Kings of the Wyld made it into my small “favorite debuts of all-time” list. Since then its sequel, Bloody Rose, has easily become my most anticipated new release of the year. Expectations were high, and a fear of disappointment w
Melanie

ARC provided by Orbit in exchange for an honest review.

1.) Kings of the Wyld ★★★★★

First and foremost: Hi Terry! Your son is so talented and I’m so proud of him! 💗

Next, friends, I loved Bloody Rose even more than Kings of the Wyld! This book feels like stepping into a fresh Dungeons and Dragons campaign, where you get to play as a Lesbian bard who is allowed the honor of going on a few quests and ultimately telling the story of the most famous mercenary this side of the Heartwyld. And, I’m not su
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Gah!! I loved it and added it to my favorites! Woot!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐺🐾💕

------------------------

Hell yeah!! Thank you my friend, Samir for showing the cover reveal where I promptly went to Amazon and pre-ordered. Yeah, it says July 2018 over there but who cares 😄

And it's got girl power!! Yessssss!

James Lafayette  Tivendale
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I received an advanced review copy of the well sought after Bloody Rose from Orbit Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Nicholas Eames and the awesome Nazia.

Even Eames himself said that the success of Kings of the Wyld was like a guillotine to his neck. Metaphorically of course. With an exceptional, original award-winning debut there will always be doubts about where to go next and if it can be better. I'm happy to say Bloody Rose blows Golden Gabe, Moog, and Slowhand's adventure
Samir
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How cool is this cover?

It fucking rocks!

This wonderful piece of art is done by Richard Anderson. He is the author of many great book covers; Kings of the Wyld, Beyond Redemption, Skullsworn, Time Salvager and more. He also does illustrations and concept art for video games and movies. I’m a huge fan of his work and if you want to check it out, you can do so by clicking on the following links:

Ni
Bradley
I finally read this and while I was fully expecting to be as blown away by this truly EPIC AWESOMENESS of a fantasy, I did NOT expect it to be this good, this deep, or this fun.

In fact, I just re-estimated Eames as one of the grandmasters of epic fantasy. By just two books. And I've read A LOT of fantasy, some great, some better than average, and some stinking like a bag of dicks.

I can rank The Band up on the fingers of one hand, and depending on what mood I'm in or what kind of rocker, or I sho
Petros Triantafyllou
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bloody Rose is one of those books that make you want to go back and lower every single rating you've ever given, simply so it will stand above everything else.

Tam, the daughter of the fearless mercenary Tuck Hashford, has been sheltered for all her life by her over-protecting father after the death of her mother. She has never even set foot outside of her home town before, and she can only ever dream how the life in a band would be. That is, until Fable, the band of the infamous Bloody Rose her
Gavin
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Bloody Rose was a worthy sequel to Kings of the Wyld. Nicholas Eames The Band series is fast establishing itself as one of the top modern fantasy series of recent years in my eyes! Eames has an engaging writing style and his story has the perfect balance of hope and despair, triumph and tragedy, and dark and light moments in the story!

The big difference between Kings of the Wyld and Bloody Rose was the change of cast. KotW focused on the exploits of the legendary Saga while Bloody Rose focused
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Oct 31, 2017 marked it as to-read
Alright but are we all seeing this MIND-BLOWING ARTWORK ON THE COVER!? 😍
Deborah Obida
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, fantasy
Some books are best enjoyed when read by oneself, others are best enjoyed through audio book, this book falls in the second category. I wasn't enjoying it that much when I was reading it myself, but when I switched the the audio everything changed, its like am reading a different book entirely.

World building and Writing
The world building is explicit, not the best I've ever read but it wasn't bad either. The depictions were all well done, no confusion whatsoever. The writing is also okay, it too
Swiffer
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, FINALLY, the lights fade. A surge of excitement electrifies the arena as you become acutely aware of the hairs on the back of your neck. Months of waiting for this moment culminate into a blissful grin as the band finally takes the stage. You catch yourself screaming with the rest of the crowd as the opening riffs pulse through the speakers. It’s a feeling that defies description, shared only with those who are here in this moment with you. Complete strangers are forever bonded by this ...more
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
(I'm very late to the party, thanks to you, Adulting... Go back, demon, let me GR in peace!)

A second book, like a second album or a second movie, is known to be the true test, the moment when you decide if this piece of work and art – and its creator – will become something more.

You may have loved a first book and be excited to get your hands on the second one, but I do believe that it’s after #2 that the connection is sealed. Meeting « Book 2 » is kinda like a date. When the first date was bri
Veronica
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it

I hate to say it, and I seem to be in a minority on this one, but this follow-up to the super entertaining Kings of the Wyld just doesn't measure up. I knew going into it that the book would be focusing on an entirely new band, Fable, so my disappointment has nothing to do with unmet expectations. It has everything to do with the fact that I just never connected with any of the new characters. The front woman for Fable is Bloody Rose, the daughter of the widely famous Golden Gabe. Oth
Heidi The Hippie Reader
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Readers get the opportunity to return to the adventure-filled world of bands and monsters, Grandual, in Bloody Rose. Nicholas Eames second book in The Band series, the sequel to The Kings of the Wyld takes place years after the first book. It follows the exploits of a band called Fable, a bard named Tam and Bloody Rose, the daughter of Golden Gabe, one of the members of a band called Saga, who readers got to know and love in Kings of the Wyld.

The world is on the brink of annihilation, again.

"Hey
Colleen
5 Stars

**My #2 best read of 2018**

“The world is big, the young are restless, and girls just want to have fun.”

It’s always tough when an author has an outstanding debut. It puts so much pressure on the sequel. After how awesome Kings of the Wyld was, I was a little nervous about Bloody Rose. But I needn’t have been, because not only did Bloody Rose live up to my expectations, in some ways the sequel was even better than this first book!

Six years after the events of Kings of the Wyld , young
~Dani~ LazyTurtle's Books
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more at Book Geeks Uncompromised!

I was sent a review copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

We thought the wait for t his book would never end but it is finally (almost) here! Bloody Rose, the sequel to 2017's award winning debut, Kings of the Wyld, is so close to coming out and I for one love it more than its predecessor.

Unlike the vast majority of sequels and series in SFF, Bloody Rose does not pick up with the same main character cast as the f
Dyrk Ashton
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my most anticipated books of the year, and I just got around to being able to read it. I was not disappointed. In fact, I enjoyed it even more than I expected to.

Eames proved himself an author to watch with Kings of the Wyld. Sharp, hilarious, and wonderfully written, he took the idea of music bands and applied it to adventuring monster killer/mercenaries to create a fresh and exciting twist on fantasy fiction.

With Bloody Rose, he's taken that approach above and beyond, proving w
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/09/09/...

It feels great to be getting wyld again with The Band in Bloody Rose, and like its predecessor, it’s sure to become an instant classic. With vibes of Almost Famous meets epic rollicking fantasy, this standalone follow-up to Kings of the Wyld follows Tam Hashford, a young woman with big dreams. Her father is a former mercenary who has become overprotective of his daughter ever since the death of his wife, who was a talent
Anton
Nicholas Eames's books are a godsend to a gamer/fantasy reader and a real inspiration (I hope) to the new authors out there!

An absolute-absolute pleasure to be back in his rich bizarro world where the best from the realm of sword & sorcery blends with hard rock sensibilities.

Book #2 is always really hard to pull. It gets even harder if the book #1 was such a knock-out like Kings of the Wyld was. I loved every part of it and gifted more than 10 copies to friends and colleagues by now. But so
Terence
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Bloody Rose, the daughter of Golden Gabe, is the front woman Fable. Fable is the best band and everyone knows them. Upon learning that Fable needs a new bard, Tam Hashford is lucky enough to get a chance to audition and join the band. She goes off on a greater adventure than she ever expected.

Bloody Rose was a solid book. I have to admit I never quite connected with it like I did it's predecessor. It has practically all of the same story aspects that made up Kings of the Wyld which didn't necess
Tim
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010s, fantasy, reviewed
I’m about to say something that many would find an absolute contradiction. This book is superior to the first novel in just about every way, but I don’t like it as much. Bear with me a moment here. I think Eames has improved as a writer, I think the final battle is stunning and while there were a few predictable bit, the overall plot is very clever.

It also keeps a sense of humor about it, but it is nowhere near as funny as the first book… and there lies the problem. Now I don’t want to come off
Holly (The Grimdragon)
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
“She never sang about what happened beyond that threshold, nor spoke of it to anyone who wasn’t present themself. What was obvious, though, to those who knew her before and after that morning, was that the woman who emerged was distinctly changed from the girl who’d entered.

She loved less quickly, but
Wol
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review below. Review plus custom cocktail available at The Tome & Tankard Inn

So far 2018 seems to be the year of amazing second books, and I’m thrilled to be able to say that Bloody Rose is no exception. Earlier this year I read Kings of the Wyld and found myself surprised at its depth – I had expected an enjoyable romp and was delighted to find that, while it certainly was everything it was advertised to be, there was much more lurking beneath the surface. Themes of growing older, slow
Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
“You don’t get to be a villain in one story unless you are a hero of another.”
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

I have to admit that I started Bloody Rose with a degree of slight trepidation. You all know how much I loved Kings of the Wyld (KoTW), it was my book of the year for 2017 and with it, Eames caught lightning in a bottle. Due to this, Bloody Rose was my most anticipated read for 2018 and I had to wonder (sorry Nicholas) if Eames would turn out to be a one hit wonder and if Bloody Ros
Kristen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full review is here, on my blog!

Okay, I was going to attempt to wait to let my love of this book out on the world, but I can’t. I can’t hold it in. *spews rainbows* – sooo… this review is just going to be 1500 words of me squeeing into my computer screen.

I was 8% into this thing and had more stuff highlighted than I do for an average over 4 books, lol.

I sat there and I said to myself, before I even started this thing. “It can’t… it just can’t be as good as KotW was.”

Welp. Here we are.

This is the
Bob Milne
Reading last year's Kings of the Wyld was like stumbling across a small, half-empty club on a Saturday night and discovering Paul Di'Anno singing for some band called Iron Maiden. At the end of the night your jaw is hanging open, you're grinning from ear-to-ear, and you're air-drumming on the way to the car, anxious for The Band to release their first album.

With Bloody Rose, it's more like pushing into the crowd at a packed stadium, ready to rock out with Iron Maiden a second time, only with Bru
Scott  Hitchcock
Book 1: 4.25*
Book 2: 3*

First half 2*, second half 4*.

This definitely got a lot better but it took forever to get some real action and I still never connected with the new characters the way I did the old. The constant pop culture references also lost their novelty.

I'll continue the series but I'll probably wait for the library copy vs buying for the next one.
kartik narayanan
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
tl;dr: Bloody Rose is great but not as great as Kings of the Wyld

Yeah, I am going to compare Kings of the Wyld to Bloody Rose. Deal with it!

KotW is awesome (feel free to disagree but understand that you are wrong ;-)) which meant that when Bloody Rose came out (heh!), I dropped everything else I was reading and picked it up. Now that I have finished it ( a day's reading, 4 sessions overall), I have mixed feelings about it. In a lot of ways, Bloody Rose manages to keep pace with KotW but it fall
 Charlie - A Reading Machine
Bloody Rose is an incredibly satisfying sequel to last year’s breakout debut hit Kings of the Wyld and solidifies Nicholas Eames as one of the most exciting and unique voices in the fantasy genre. From beginning to end it is off the frigging chain so lets jump in! I’ve tried to keep things spoiler free but have revealed a few things that come up in the first two chapters in terms of plot.

In Kings the plot was evident after the first chapter and was for the most part straightforward – get the ban
Dragons & Jetpacks: Bloody Rose / ***spoilers*** 61 58 Nov 09, 2018 08:34PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Bloody Rose [Sep 9, 2018] 64 77 Sep 24, 2018 10:44PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Bloody Rose [Aug 28, 2018] 7 34 Feb 27, 2018 09:34PM

The Band (3 books)
  • Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1)
  • Untitled (The Band, #3)
“Her smiles were shorter. Her laugh was louder. She became distracted at times, and would stare at nothing with a look of shattered sorrow that passed like a cloud the moment someone spoke her name. She loved less quickly, but more fiercely, and made certain that those she cared for knew it well. Sometimes she wept when it snowed.” 9 likes
“Some people knew how to kill a conversation. Cura, on the other hand, could make it wish it had never been born.” 5 likes