Start by marking “The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat

The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat

Two children and their imaginations set sail from their living room on a voyage around the world! Read along as they spy an extraordinary array of characters doing even more extraordinary things...? With bright, fresh illustrations and a playful style, this rhyming book, based on the classic Edward Lear poem The Owl and the Pussycat, is a wonderfully quirky adventure.?
Published April 28th 2017 by WackyBee Books (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat

Start your review of The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat
Maia Moore
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review posted here

* I have been given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review *

This is a fun and inventive take on the popular nonsense poem The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear. I love that it’s written and illustrated by a mother and daughter team – it’s so cool to do things like that in a family!

I read this with Little Moore as soon as it came through the door, and he’s had it before bed several times too. The gentle rhyming and pastel colour scheme mean it works grea
Linda Hill
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Based on Lear’s The Owl and the Pussycat, The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat is a delightful modern take on the poem.

The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat takes very little time to read, but the text rhymes well and provides some lovely new vocabulary for young children with words such as ‘dangling’ and ‘jangling’. Despite the textual brevity, I can see hours of fun and educational value in this book. it’s not just the main text that has wit and rhyme, but the small touches that rew
Kate’s Book Spot
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always love reading rhyming books to my children so the fact that this one is loosely based on a very well known poem made me even more keen to read it.

This has been one of E's favourite bedtime stories in recent weeks, she loves looking at the beautiful, bright illustrations and spotting new things on each read-through.

One of our favourite things about this book is that E can "read" it back to me. This is because there aren't loads of words, just enough to tell the story, so after we had rea
OBC Mini
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~A Lily-May and Mummy Review~

Oh to be a child again!
With their wild imaginations and sense of adventure anything is possible and this story really brings those days to life.
A fun read about two children and their homemade ship out on the wild seas of imagination, and what an imagination they both have!!
We loved this story, anything to do with animals is a BIG hit in our house and there are tons of them in this book. Lily-May enjoyed pointing out all the different ones she spotted, some even new
Siba Atallah
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tts so beautiful . 😍
Dallas Nateweyes
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
♥╓─╖╓─╖╓───╖╓──╖░╓──╖░╓────╖♥ ♥║░╙╜░║║░╙─╢║░░║░║░░║░║░╓╖░║♥ ♥║░╓╖░║║░╓─╢║░░╙╖║░░╙╖║░╙╜░║♥ ♥╙─╙╜─╜╙───╜╙───╜╙───╜╙────╜♥
♥✿∕̆̃̃♥ه¸.•✿•
๑(̆̃̃ʼ'♥  ♥
Trinity
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Suitable for very young children only. The pictures are delightful, but it is just a series of pretty pictures.
Morlando K
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-books-2
a fun story about owl, cat and their adventures.
Belinda
Feb 16, 2020
Luna
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
If there was only a single word to sum up The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat, then it would be “adorable”. It covers the adventure, how the story of Owl and Pussycat is told and the illustrations.

There might not be that many words in this book, but there is a lot of adventure. The narration is lyrical, for reading aloud it almost feels like it should be sung – but I can’t confirm that as I didn’t test this theory.

Charlotte Cooke’s illustrations work amazingly with the story and each page
Roselyn
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
May 11, 2017
Samantha
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for younger children, we go on a journey with the owl and the pussycat. This is explored through verse accompanied with beautiful illustrations. This is a story that has been adapted from the original version but should be one everyone shares with their child.

This is a book I would recommend to others to share with their children as they will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending this in exchange for an honest review.
Anna
May 03, 2017
Kelly Ford
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book! I plan on using it for one of my Toddler Times.
Amber Rose
May 29, 2014
Samantha
Feb 09, 2014
Anne-Marie
Oct 19, 2013

• It's Good to Share: All Set to Read
  • Tales from a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen (Dork Diaries, #9)
  • Toto and His Bone: All Set to Read
  • Violet: All Set to Read
  • Bob and the Funny Log: Phonic Reader
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • A Dog Day
  • Iris and Isaac
  • Same
  • Margarash
  • Rock Pool Secrets
  • Here Comes Stinkbug!
  • Skeletons
  • Kikker en een heel bijzondere dag
  • Slither, Snake! (National Geographic Readers)
  • Sight Words Level 2: A Sight Words Book for Preschool and Kindergarten
  • 100 Plants to Feed the Bees: Provide a Healthy Habitat to Help Pollinators Thrive
  • Wild Cats (National Geographic Readers: Level 1)