Start by marking “One Dyke Cozy” as Want to Read:
One Dyke Cozy

One Dyke Cozy

One Dyke Cozy touches on the lives of two girls, Gabby and Shy, from their first meeting as children to Shy's untimely death.

This novel contains profanity and adult situations.
Published April 27th 2017 by Rhani D'Chae

To ask other readers questions about One Dyke Cozy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Dyke Cozy

Robin Chambers
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Ms D’Chae’s best work to date. Funny, sad, sincere, honest, utterly believable, beautifully written, you will find it hard to put down. It tells the story of her relationship with her best friend Shy, whom she met when Shy and her family moved in next door. They were in their eighth year at the time, and were ‘besties’ thereafter until disease ended Shy’s life all too soon in comparatively early adulthood.
The honesty can be raw, but is always on the money. “Had we never met, I truly beli
Jan Sikes
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short read, but it is packed full of action and emotion. It is the story of an unlikely friendship between two girls that began at the age of 8 and continued through adult life. They couldn’t have been more opposite. One straight, one gay. One liberal, one conservative. But, the bond they formed couldn’t be broken as they grew into adulthood. It is not only a lesson in love but in life. Only an author like Rhani could make the central theme of a story evolve around a koozie. She has to ...more
Mark Schultz
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am learning more and more how much I enjoy romance stories. I am rather surprised, since I have been a hardcore fan of sci-fi and fantasy for so many years. This story is perfectly balanced sweetness for me. It comes across vividly, partly because it’s written in first person POV, a type of writing I enjoy a great deal because of the intimacy it offers when done well. Rhani has done a magnificent job in this book!
I really like the cover also, it illustrates the story to a tee. The scene-setti
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Karen Ingalls
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very moving, interesting, and thought-provoking story of two girls growing up together. They each learn from one another and a special friendship and love develops. The story teaches about being gay and how society tries to mold Shy not to be her true self. Yet at the same time society is trying to mold Shy's best friend, Gabs into the "acceptable role of being a girl/woman."
A beautifully written story that brought out many emotions. Congratulations, Rhani a job well done!
Shirley
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Love of a different kind!

The story was well written. The plot and flow was easy to follow. It is about love of a different kind. But is it really? The tale of all love connections are manifested in this poignant story between two unlikely people. I give it 5 stars because it was based on a topic that we know very little about and I commend the author for writing about it.
Marie
Oct 21, 2017
Lizzie Mayer
rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2018
Eichin Chang-Lim
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One summer day, when she was eight-years-old, Gabby met her first best friend, Shy, and her life has never been the same. During their years growing up together, they confronted several adventures. Through Shy’s encouragement, Gabby was able to break through her restrained and dully-molded life. Shy’s fearless, unconventional risk-taking helped Gabby discover the deeper meaning of life.

This story goes beyond a remarkable friendship. The author brilliantly touches on some sensitive social issues
Mood Reader