Start by marking “Firebloods (Firebloods, #1)” as Want to Read:
Firebloods (Firebloods, #1)

Firebloods

(Firebloods #1)

Jude Gallagher thought she was crazy.

It all started when the boy next door made her hear music—inside her head. All the time.

It was torture.

She didn’t think things could get worse. But then one hot summer, her best friend Kane O’Reilly decides to tell her how he really feels about her. Music inside her head? That’s nothing compared what happens next.

Things only tur
Published May 27th 2017 by Whispering Pages, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Firebloods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firebloods

Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.5

Thank you Casey Hays for the opportunity to read your book. This was a fantastic read. I loved this story and it was innovative. The characters draw you into the story immediately. I really liked the relationship between Jude and Kane. It was slow burning and tender. I love these types of romances. I also loved the friendship between Jude and her friends. They are awesome. The friendship is the essence of this
✦ Maica ✦
Jul 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I'm actually really glad that I waited a year before I read this because I am enjoying the newer version a lot more than the initial one that I got.
Songbird Bookworm
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well....to start with, this book was so wonderfully cute and i desperately need the sequel right now !!

Firebloods is a distinct new idea which was perfectly executed and is filled with a romance to die for and characters so beloved you can only wish to be a part of their group. Our main character, Jude, is so loveable and down to earth you can't help but connect with her and find comfort in her strength, even when she feels like she herself is failing. All the romances in this book are perfectl
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3 Stars *****

Firebloods is a unique fantasy about phoenixes. I enjoyed the adventure, but what bothered me was the mind of the main character. She was constantly fixed on either dating or not dating a boy. Her group of friends were also a bit annoying at times.

To be honest... this wasn't a bad first book, but it could have been better.

description description description description description

description
Natalie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5 / 5

(Please note: I received a review copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review. A huge thanks to Casey Hays (the author) for giving me the opportunity to read this, and to the YA Buddy Readers' Corner Group on Goodreads for advertising the opportunity).

This book was absolutely beautiful and well written from the get-go. The prologue set up the story really well with the (view spoiler)
Sian
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-reads, reviews
* I have been asked to give a honest review...
I felt sorry for Jude as she lost her father at an early age. she has known Kane all her life but doesn't find his secret out till much later... that he is a Fireblood. only it isn't over there...
I would recommend reading Firebloods especially if you want to find out what happens lol 😉
Abi
I received a free copy of Firebloods by Casey Hays in exchange for an honest review.

Firebloods was a slow read. It took half the book for things to start happening, and I don’t think the action picked up for real until about 80 percent. The first half was relationship angst. Jude was incredibly wishy-washy: her eternal question was ‘Should I be with Kane or not?’ It got very tiring, and I wanted to yell at her by the end of it. Jude’s whinyness and wishy-washiness aside, once the action started
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝
Genieinachanelbottle
Firebloods is a unique and beautifully crafted fantasy world! I have always loved the legend of the Phoenix Casey Hays has given us a fresh take on it that is amazing! Full of Mythology, mystery, romance and adventure this is a must read! 5 Stars All The Way!
Nikki
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so I was given this book in exchange for an honest review :)

I'm glad I was chosen to read this book because actually it was a lot of things I normally don't read, there was fantasy and adventure and I usually avoid those because I find the, rather predictable and a little tedious to read as there doesn't seem such a strong plot. I was entirely wrong in this books case, this did have fantasy and adventure in but it also had romance and paranormal throughout and I loved every single page of it
Alaina
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Firebloods sounded like a really good book to read; however, it took me forever to finish it. I kept getting distracted by other things or other books. On the plus side, Jude was a pretty interesting character. If there is a second book, I would probably re-read this one. Who knows? I could end up a different perspective the second time around.
Lissa Hawley
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing mythology, good writing and likable characters. Good start to a series. Will read more.
Kadi P
Sep 03, 2017 marked it as dnf
Rabid Reader
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable, unusual and innovative story. The descendants of an engineered race live hidden in plain sight. Their fire and abilities masked by their self control, but when love enters the picture, risks are taken, problems occur and secrets are revealed. I really liked the evolution of Jude and Zane's romance, it was slow and tender but at the same time you still had the sense that something more lingered under the surface. Jude's eclectic set of friends are a great mix, each totally d ...more
Cheree Castellanos Edits
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a story! I was so excited for this book, but was not prepared for the amazing story I fell head first into! Deep and unique, with characters that you get an instant attachment to. Book 1 is just the appetizer for a story I can't wait for more of!
This type of book is so hard to write a review for because I don't want to give anything away! Everything is given to you in such a wonderful and perfect timeline as to unfold the story just the way it should be.
The characters and friendships are r
Ashleigh Reynolds
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5

This truly was a great story and I think it comes from the characters. You love them, all of them from the second they're introduced. They have this amazing quality about them, each one embodying a personality that is so real it's hard not to be pulled in.

It's quite an interesting concept (one I've never read) and one where even at 40% I was sitting there thinking, where is this going? Which is usually not the case with me.
I wasn't aware it was a love story when I started readi
Sydnie Beaupré
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZINGLY AMAZING

I just finished with yelling out "OH YOU C**T!!!" at my Kindle... because it ended. Didn't want it to end. Casey has done it again!!! This book was amazing. Besides a few formatting issues (I'm looking at you, KDP) I have no complaints.
Angie Taylor
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic!! I loved it from the get go. It's one of the most unique takes on a paranormal angel story that I've read. And I loved the originality. The mysteries were so fun to figure out. And the romantic elements were so fun to experience. Casey is such a good writer overall. But she does such a good job at creating believable teenagers as well as creating believable relationships. Jude's and Kane's friendship was sooooo fun to watch develop into something more. I loved it. And al ...more
Fawn
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say the first half or so of this book personally annoyed me. It felt too drawn out and long. I am not sure if Casey was trying to lay the groundwork for the rest of the story but I wanted something more to happen. Jude was spending so much effort fighting against taking a step towards being more than friends with Kane. The next half of the book is intriguing and gets into a new paranormal idea of Firebloods. This is where your interest is grabbed tight and won't let go. I will enthusia ...more
Katherine Paschal
**Review posted on https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

Jude plans to have a nice relaxing summer, but fate has other plans for her. Instead, she gets to deal with the affections of her best friend, a return of a neighbor that Jude is strangely pulled to and a crazy science project that is more paranormal than science. Life has gotten to be almost too much, but little does Jude know is that this is just the beginning.

I thought that the author used a really interesting writing style with the s
Beverly Laude
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have loved every book that I have read by Ms. Hays and this one does not disappoint!

Jude Gallagher's father died under mysterious circumstances and her mother is basically MIA in her grief. The only thing that keeps Jude going are her friends, especially Kane. When her friend, Frankie, suggests that she and Jude do a project on the mysterious Firebloods, Jude is skeptical. Little does she know how this whole project will affect her life.

Great characters and great story with lots of unexpected
Anna Mist
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away!

Firebloods is a book about a girl called Jude Gallagher and her crazy journey of discovering a supernatural species called Vatra U Krvi, aka, the Firebloods. If I tell you anything more, it will be a spoiler. Suffice it to know that it takes place over the course of a summer and is based on a different kind of species that exists because of the blood of another mythical species. Twisted? Yes. Mindblowing? Hell yes.

The writing style is commendable. It's descriptive but not so much
Tamsin O'Shea
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Firebloods gripped me after the first couple of pages, I could not put it down. The storyline is yet another prime example of a great fantasy written well. Reading this book is truly a treat. Go ahead and get the book for yourself, you will see what I mean.
Tommi Crow
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant coming of age paranormal love story.

When Jude Gallagher finally breaks down and starts to date one of her best friends, Kane O'Reilly, her life takes some interesting turns. Take a wild ride with Jude, Kane, Jonas, Devan, and Frankie as they relive their childhood together and experience their last summer as children ( the summer after senior year of high school) together. Can you fall in love with your best friend? Will it ruin your friendship?

When Frankie and Jude do a scholarship
Charlotte
( I received an ARC copy of this directly from the author )

My review in short, before I go into detail for those of you who don't spend time reading long reviews. ;)
Magical, captivating and OMG what an ending! Slow to begin with but excellent read and I can't wait for the release of Scorch Song in 2018! Well worth reading if you like you Paranormal wit a good dose of a stunning romance.

I found Firebloods a completely captivating read. Full of magic and a romance to die for. I do have slightly
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love Firebloods!!!!! Such and intense story! It's so captivating. I never got bored and was constantly trying to find the angle.

Jude has always felt a little off. A little crazy, but she has dealt with it. She is living and doing it the best she knows how. She has four best friends, two of which are guys. She has been best friends with the guys since they were very small. She has an undeniable attraction to Kane, and he with her, but she is adamant about it not going any further tha
Elissa Mahler
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed with a free copy of this book, and have chosen of my own volition to share this review with you!

Wow, blown away by the story line of this tale. Summer break secrets, which are revealed prior to one girl's senior year of high school, changes the rest of her life. Firebloods, a mythical being related to the Phoenix, is the topic of a research paper the main character and one of her friends chose to delve into. Little does the main character know how much knowledge of these creatures
DONALD RATHJEN
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it straight through. Wonderful story. I hope there's more coming.

I suspected from the introductory that the girl would be the same. The first time she took the ring off told the story.
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
Jude Gallagher has been teetering on the edge of sanity for years. She was convinced in third grade that the new neighbor boy could make her hear music in her head all the time. The torture continued for four long years until the day he moved away taking the music with him, but not the memory -- or the feeling of being crazy. Now seventeen, Jude is talked in to doing a science project on Vatru u Kvri, or Firebloods -- a mythical race of winged people whom have been injected with the blood of the ...more
Tabi Ann
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW.....JUST WOW

When you finish the story you begin to understand that not all things are what they seem. How can one school project change a person's life? It makes you never want to do another one I can tell you that.

This story tells you how one summer with your friends can change your life for ever. Will it be a good change or bad one? My guess it will vee for the reader to decided.

I truly enjoy the flow of this story and it keeps you entranced from the beginning. I know I had a hard time put

• The Exploding Sky (Sons of the Sand Book #4)
  • Shadowlith (Umbral Blade, #1)
  • Raven's Sight (Raven's Shadows, #1)
  • Slayer (Dragon Tamer, #1)
  • Glamour of Midnight
  • Grim (Reaper's Redemption #1)
  • Infinite Time (Infinite Time, #1)
  • Charm: A Cinderella Reverse Fairytale book 1 (Reverse Fairytales)
  • Rebels (The Reverians, #2)
  • Queen of the Dragons (Dragon Born Trilogy #3)
  • Princess of the Damned (Skeleton Key)
  • Falling for Forever (Before Forever, #2)
  • Loving You with Teeth and Claws (Dead Things, #0.5)
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • The Warrior Prophet (The Watcher Saga, #3)

Firebloods (2 books)
  • Scorch Song (Firebloods, #2)