Start by marking “Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)” as Want to Read:
Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)

Descending Into Darkness

(Descending #1)

Jessandra was content with her life in New York, before a creature hunted her down and took her to an underworld beneath the city. There, he reveals that she’s more than just a waitress living in a walk-up apartment with her sister. She’s his people’s last hope in ever seeing freedom.

Fallon’s people are done being slaves. Lacking the numbers to simply fight back and
Published May 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Descending Into Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descending Into Darkness

Start your review of Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)
Booksiren
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ancient race struggle to escape clutches of slavery in this fast-paced, intriguing story of rebellion, bravery, and romance, the first in the Descending series from MacPherson.

Walking back from work one night, Jessandra is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger and learns of her powerful lineage and dormant powers which can help free an ancient race from thousands of years old slavery. Determined to help Fallon and his people, Jessandra is unaware of the danger lurking ahead.

The beginning of
Andra Shaw
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Descending Into Darkness is engaging from the start. I immediately related to Jess as she scurried to be on time for work, knowing that she would be just slightly late. Her spunkiness in the face of danger was admirable, as was her acceptance of the new world she seemed to embrace almost without question. Alyss was a badass and an awesome little sister. In one night, their world irrevocably changes.

Descending Into Darkness is a compelling paranormal romance. There is an introduction of a race of
lirpayaz
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had the opportunity to read this book and feel it is one of the more simplified yet intriguing romantic novels. I’m not one for romantic novels but I thought I would give this a try after my cousin recommended it to me. The author does extremely well conveying emotion yet keeping a storyline without making it feel cheesy or unauthentic. The mix between a contemporary feel versus the underworld keeps the reader at bay as to what’s gonna happen next. I highly recommend reading if it is your ...more
Cheryl
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the interesting and mysteriously different storyline, which draw me to the book and triggered my interest. I was looking forward to starting it. However I found the writing style quite difficult to follow at the beginning and the storyline quite complex until I got used to it, having to re read parts of it. The narrative is written from a third person perspective, which unless it's done really well is something that I often struggle with reading. I almost gave up at one point, however ...more
Jamee Mcintosh
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling characters and a great twist on a love story. It didn't take me long to become invested and I definitely need to know what happens next!
Reader03
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good first book full of action, mystery and plot with a little dash of romance. I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Rachel Benham
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was great from the get go. Jessa thought she was just an ordinary girl. That is until Fallon tracked her down and took her to his world. There he explained that she was the heir to the Seelie throne. Her world was ripped upside down and now she was in a fight for her life and the lives of others. To top it all of, she and Fallon are mates.... I can't wait to read the next book.

Heather Bane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. I enjoyed the storyline and found it well written. The characters are likable and well developed. I’m looking forward to reading the next book. I recommend reading.

Natalie
Jan 04, 2020
Sunshyne
May 20, 2019
Alainna MacPherson
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
May 09, 2017
Alainna MacPherson
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Witchy
Aug 31, 2019
Doloria Wallace
Oct 03, 2019

• Queens of Wings & Storms
  • Wolf's Secret (District Shifters #3)
  • Shifting Loyalty (District Shifters #2)
  • Second Chance Alpha (District Shifters #1)
  • Hidden Power (Academy of Elemental Magic, #1)
  • The Biker's Gift: Royal Bastards Tonopah, NV  (Royal Bastards MC)
  • Protected by the Dragon (District Shifters #4)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Wicked Magic (A Touch of Darkness #1)
  • His Wolf's Choice
  • Faultless (Detyen Warriors, #4)
  • New Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #1)
  • Fae Academy: Captive
  • Hybrid Academy: The Complete Collection
  • The Botanist
  • Brayden's Return (Paranormals of Avynwood #5)
  • Dallas (Wildflower, #2)
  • Clayton (Wildflower, #1)

Descending (2 books)
  • Ascending Into Light (Descending, #2)