Start by marking “Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)” as Want to Read:
Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)

Descending Into Darkness

(Descending #1)

Jessandra was content with her life in New York, before a creature hunted her down and took her to an underworld beneath the city. There, he reveals that she’s more than just a waitress living in a walk-up apartment with her sister. She’s his people’s last hope in ever seeing freedom.

Fallon’s people are done being slaves. Lacking the numbers to simply fight back and rebe
Published May 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Descending Into Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descending Into Darkness

Start your review of Descending Into Darkness (Descending, #1)
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
DESCENDING INTO DARKNESS is the first book in the Descending series. We start off with Jess being kidnapped following her shift as a waitress and taken to a stronghold. There she is told she isn't a prisoner but is, instead, a Seelie princess whose powers haven't yet awakened. At the same time, her sister, Alyss, is kidnapped by the UnSeelie Court and taken there although they are reunited very quickly.

This is a fast-paced novel with plenty of action and a dash of mystery. Being the first book,
Sam Everard
While Descending Into Darkness really hits its stride around 1/3 of the way through, it certainly doesn't start off slowly. Jess meets a beautiful and otherworldly male named Fallon down a dark alleyway after work and quickly learns that, not only does she belong within his strange and magical world, but she's its only chance for saving their people from the inequalities thrust upon them by a tyrant king.

Jess' background and the intricacies of the various supernatural creatures we meet are delve
BooksCoffee
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ancient race struggle to escape clutches of slavery in this fast-paced, intriguing story of rebellion, bravery, and romance, the first in the Descending series from MacPherson.

Walking back from work one night, Jessandra is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger and learns of her powerful lineage and dormant powers which can help free an ancient race from thousands of years old slavery. Determined to help Fallon and his people, Jessandra is unaware of the danger lurking ahead.

The beginning of th
Andra Shaw
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Descending Into Darkness is engaging from the start. I immediately related to Jess as she scurried to be on time for work, knowing that she would be just slightly late. Her spunkiness in the face of danger was admirable, as was her acceptance of the new world she seemed to embrace almost without question. Alyss was a badass and an awesome little sister. In one night, their world irrevocably changes.

Descending Into Darkness is a compelling paranormal romance. There is an introduction of a race of
lirpayaz
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had the opportunity to read this book and feel it is one of the more simplified yet intriguing romantic novels. I’m not one for romantic novels but I thought I would give this a try after my cousin recommended it to me. The author does extremely well conveying emotion yet keeping a storyline without making it feel cheesy or unauthentic. The mix between a contemporary feel versus the underworld keeps the reader at bay as to what’s gonna happen next. I highly recommend reading if it is your f ...more
Cheryl
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the interesting and mysteriously different storyline, which draw me to the book and triggered my interest. I was looking forward to starting it. However I found the writing style quite difficult to follow at the beginning and the storyline quite complex until I got used to it, having to re read parts of it. The narrative is written from a third person perspective, which unless it's done really well is something that I often struggle with reading. I almost gave up at one point, however wa ...more
Jamee Mcintosh
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling characters and a great twist on a love story. It didn't take me long to become invested and I definitely need to know what happens next! ...more
Reader03
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good first book full of action, mystery and plot with a little dash of romance. I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
David Morris
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it was the format of the book, but changes of viewpoints had me guessing who I was reading about.

There is so much going on that it is hard to give a brief outline. Two sisters are kidnapped by 2 different forces, both with a common goal---To unite the two forces in a quest to free themselves from the rule of a harsh king.

There is budding romance, some backstabbing, and a Thanksgiving dinner. This is part of a series so you should plan on getting the whole set.
Rachel Benham
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was great from the get go. Jessa thought she was just an ordinary girl. That is until Fallon tracked her down and took her to his world. There he explained that she was the heir to the Seelie throne. Her world was ripped upside down and now she was in a fight for her life and the lives of others. To top it all of, she and Fallon are mates.... I can't wait to read the next book.

Heather Bane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. I enjoyed the storyline and found it well written. The characters are likable and well developed. I’m looking forward to reading the next book. I recommend reading.

Debbie Loader
I confess to being a little confused and bemused. I can see the research that has been done but the backstory for me is missing. I have no idea who is who. Good idea and a great effort but sadly not for me. With thanks to #BookSirens
Natalie
Jan 08, 2021
Melissa
Jan 06, 2020
Selena
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2021
Shirley Woods
Jul 01, 2020
May 09, 2017
Alainna MacPherson
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Witchy
Mar 08, 2019
Samantha Hildebrandt
Mar 11, 2019
Alainna MacPherson
Mar 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa Brock
Grace Honeycutt
Aug 31, 2019
Doloria Wallace
Oct 03, 2019

• Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Pawn (Fae Games #1)
  • Knight (Fae Games Book 2)
  • Credence
  • Blackwood: Book 1 (Blackwood, #1)
  • Prey (Blackwater Pack #2)
  • Shadow Mate (Wolf Moon Academy, #1)
  • Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • Sin & Chocolate (Demigods of San Francisco #1)
  • The Rebel and the Rogue (Interstellar Brides Program, #19)
  • Unleashed Love
  • The New Testament (King James Version)
  • The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
  • Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, #1)
  • Hap: The Prize Winning Horse
  • Paladin (Elemental Paladins, #2)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • Shadow Witch (Witches of Hollow Cove, #1)

Descending (2 books)
  • Ascending Into Light (Descending, #2)