Start by marking “Hooking Up” as Want to Read:

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Amalie Whitfield is the picture of a blushing bride during her wedding reception–but for all the wrong reasons. Instead of proclaiming his undying love, her husband can be heard, by Amalie and their guests, getting off with someone else. She has every reason to freak out, and in a moment of insanity, she throws herself at the first hot-blooded male she sees. But he’s not i ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 444 pages

Availability: 15 copies available, 1287 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 16 - Oct 26, 2017

Countries available: US

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Hooking Up, please sign up.

Cristina | CristiinaReads
    Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc-books
    ➳Forbidden and sexily delicious. That’s what Helena Hunting has to provide in this compelling and forbidden love story…

➳After reading Shacking Up , it was no news that Amelie would be getting her own story. At first, it indeed was a mystery who would become her one true love. It was also known from the start that it would not have been Armstrong out of all people since his actions definitely provided an insight to the true person he is and how much of a hatred I have towards him. After readin
    Helena Hunting
    Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
    description

Full summary coming soon!
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    5 AMAZING stars <3

Such a fantastic and entertaining story.I loved every minute of Hooking Up , it was fun,sweet,super hot and the romance was incredible.The characters were fantastic.

description

Lexington is a swoon worthy hero, he is sexy,sweet and he likes Amie so much.Amie is one of my favorite heroines.Together they were perfect, seriously these two were so perfect for each other.They have some really hot and passionate moments together.They make me swoon all the time ,they are the cutest.

I find the
    Jacqueline's Reads
    Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    5 YUMMY Stars!

Hooking up is a standalone, but the characters from Shacking Up is featured in this book too. You don’t have to read Shacking Up prior to reading Hooking Up. But in all honesty, the books should be related in a series (but I’m sure the publisher will get more money this way).

Shacking Up – Ruby and Bancroft

Eye Candy (Novella) – Bane and Ruby’s Halloween gala (this was mentioned a few times in Hooking up, I will have to go back and read about this event)

Hooking Up – Amalie (Ruby’s Be
    Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
    Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: island, 4-stars, sexy, hook-up
    This book was unbelievably SEXY!!!

After reading the authors PUCKED series I knew she was no stranger of sexy times, but HOOKING UP was HOT!!!

WOWZER!

Amie and and her Hook-Up heated up the sheets wherever they met.

If you haven't read SHACKING UP yet, Amalie had the misfortune of being engaged and eventually married to the wrong guy. It all came to a shocking halt during the wedding reception - and I can only say OMG!!!! And from there on it was a fantastically emotional and fun ride!

After reading
    Hannah
    Jun 02, 2017 marked it as to-read
    *Pre-read...
    Is it Amie?
    Please be Lex.
    Yasss
    That cover though, hot dayumm.
    K.M
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been salivating waiting to read this ever since I read Getting Down in the Eye Candy Anthology. So okay, I have not read Shacking Up, but since I had read Getting Down I knew the characters. Do I think you need to read the other books to understand this book….no. Do I recommend reading them….YES!! Why? Because you will be in for a ride!

Where do I start with this story...With the bride who is left embarrassed and emotional after her husband just destroyed their relationship
    *The Angry Reader*
    Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
    ***ARC received for an honest review***

It's a testament to Helena Hunting that this was a three-star read. A few too many of my reading NO-NOs and I was getting frustrated.

Amalie and...Mr X end up in a romantic hotspot after her husband (of a few hours) cheats on her. They fight the attraction. They hook up. She's filled with regrets. She does flaky whiny things. She drinks..a lot. And he remains this rockstars super-solid dude who should prolly realize that she needs like a year of therapy and
    Shayna
    Oct 06, 2017 is currently reading it
    Shelves: arc-review
    nick

I mean it was ok, just a whole lot of sex, and not much emotional connection. I expected more based on Shacking Up.

RTC
    Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
    Oh YES! Buh bye below-average, Armstrong! 👏🏻
    Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
    3 stars!

This was so cute, I hadn't read the previous one but luckily it wasn't needed to follow the story. Amalie is at her wedding when the groom gets caught cheating and that completely shutters her world. She doesn't hesitate and throws herself at the first guy she sees, the groom's cousin, Lex. When he turns her down because she's obviously in distress, she doesn't ask raids and instead runs away from him and to her honeymoon in Bora Bora alone.

Of course Led ends up their for business and th
    Danielle from Short and Sassy
    Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
    LOVED IT!
    Marishka
    Aug 15, 2017 marked it as to-buy
    Amalie is Ruby's best friend from [book:Shacking UpShacking Up|33838194] which she plays a big role in. Even though it's called a standalone and not in a series these books are very connected. I HATE this new trend of calling books standalone's when they are connected to other books and not making a series. Seriously what's the issue with not making a series out of them so everyone knows they are connected and in what order. Amalie's book very clearly needs to be read after Shacking up so you ca ...more
    Reading After Dark
    Amie married well. On the day of her wedding, while still in her bridal gown, just hours after binding herself to him, Amie and the rest of the wedding guests hear Armstrong getting off with someone that’s not Amie. What a better way to escape the catastrophic wedding than the pre planned exotic honeymoon?

Helena Hunting is an automatic one click author for me. You can always expect there to be hilarity, amazing characters, with a touch of awwww. Hooking Up is everything you’ve come to expect a H
    Gretchen  (About That Story)
    So incredibly entertaining! I adored Lex and Amie's relationship. It was so sweet and flirty and way hot! Things were complicated for these two, it was passionate, crazy fun with a few of ups and downs but I hung on every word and loved it all!

Full review to come.

Complimentary copy received for honest review.
    Konny
    Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Hooking Up by Helena Hunting is the next book by this incredible talented author. Hooking Up can easily be read as a standalone.
    Amelia Whitfield is freshly married- like 12hrs freshly- and is about to be humiliated beyond imagination.
    To escape more drama she goes on her honeymoon- alone.
    There she meets Lexington. Her husbands cousin. He likes her, like really, really likes her and wants to make it all better. Fate has a way to bring these twon together, again and again.
    They have a crazy strong c
    Christine Manzari
    Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Read it in a day. It was fun and sexy and sweet.
    Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
    **ARC received in exchange for an honest review.**

Reading Frenzy Book Blog
    Vanessa Villegas
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    English/spanish review

5 star +++.
    Helena what do you did !!! I totally loved this book, I devoured it in one sitting, it was all I expected and more, too hot, sexy, with chemistry, tender, funny, and great characters, my mind can not stop reproducing the scenes and dialogues of the book, I fell in love with this couple too.
    Since I read Amie in the previous stories I knew her book would be too good and definitely I was not wrong, this story is completely addictive, every opportunity I had I slippe
    Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
    description

Amie & Lex....can't wait!!
    Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
    I have read more than a few Helena Hunting books to know that I will not be disappointed in her new romantic comedy. It's everything I expect in a Hunting read- the laugh out loud moments, the surprise dramatic storyline and the off the charts chemistry between to very like-able characters. I could not and did not want to put this story down once I started it.

I don't even know who to begin with when it comes to these two characters, should I start with the beautiful bride that is left emotionall
    Anastasia
    Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    OMG! What a twist! I want more Helena!!!
    Amie deserves true happiness and we got a glimpse of her relationship with the devil....ohhh umm I mean Armstrong, in Shacking Up. I couldn’t stop thinking, it’s weird, why is she with him? Does he really make her that happy? However, I didn’t know Amalie’s story, her background with Armstrong, nothing! So when I saw Helena was writing Hooking Up and it was all about Amalie I just had to read it!

I don’t want to give to much away but if someone is treatin
    Monique
    Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Yes, Yep and Yeah Baby! I was anticipating this book so much, and it met my criteria for 5 stars completely. We first read about Amie and Lex in Shacking Up and got a little insight to when they first met. Then we got some extra teasers with Eye Candy and the Halloween Ball that is mentioned in this book. So I couldn't wait to read more, and I have affectionately renamed them Willy Wonka and Sexy Lexy!

Poor Amalie thought there wouldn't be any trouble being with a vanilla man or have her embarras
    TJ
    Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
    I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Having finished Shacking Up not long ago I was super excited to receive an ARC of the book, and just like Shacking up it was just as funny.

It’s Amalie’s wedding and what should be the happiest day of her life soon turns into the worst, when her new husband is heard by her and almost the entire wedding party getting jiggy with someone else. In a moment of shock, she throws herself at the first guy she sees b
    Dawn Herring
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
    3.5 Stars. It is with mixed feelings that I write this review. On the one hand, I LOVED the swoon-worthy hero and liked the strong heroine as well. They are both very well developed, and the chemistry between them is palpable. On the other hand, my enjoyment of this book was very hampered by Amie's total douche of an (ex) husband. He kept showing back up, being more douchey every time, and even when he wasn't around, I kept cringing as I waited for him to show back up. Turns out that it was a tr ...more
    Robin Powers
    Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    I was so excited for Amalie's story and my god! She really can be a filthy, sexy rebel when she wants. Everything leading to her wedding had my alarm bells going bezerk and I wanted to throw her over my shoulder like a runaway bride. It doesn't take Armstrong long before the wedding turns to chaos and that's when the fun begins. Lexington and Amie have been fighting their attraction and when Amie lets her inner bad girl out...I was so happy. I felt so bad for what Armstrong puts her through. Her ...more
    Jackie Wright
    Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    I’m sure every Rom-Com fan is counting down to the Release day of Hooking Up and all I need to say is you will not be disappointed, the Queen of Romantic Comedy has once again given us a book that will captivate you, it’s a fun, hot read with characters that will keep you entertained.
    Married to the wrong guy, trying to get your wedding annulled and finding out you on a island with the man you should have dated is just the tip of the iceberg in this story.
    This author has a knack of writing hila
    Locas Literarias
    Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: earc
    ➳ARC kindly provided by publisher at SMP in exchange for an honest review, coming closer to release date.

I was totally in love with the story.
    I liked it very much as we can appreciate the nuances of emotions that Amie gives us. I felt her pain despite not being in love with Armstrong, the way to discover the farce of him. I totally understood her.

quedé enamorada totalmente de la historia.
    me gusto muchisimo como podemos apreciar los matices de emociones que nos da Amie.Senti su dolor a pesar de
    « previous 1 3 next »
    Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.
    More about Helena Hunting...

“She's my sun and I'm her moon connected by an invisible thread, bound but free.” 1 likes