Start by marking “To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2)” as Want to Read:
To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2)

To Right the Wrongs

(Erin Blake #2)

Barely three weeks after catching the killer of Erin's mother and their biology teacher, Erin and her crew are back, up to their elbows in forensics projects. But this time it's with the full approval of their parents.

With Uncle Victor at the helm, Erin and her best friends, Spam and Lysa, are prepping a new classroom for CSI summer camp, where they will serve as camp coun
Published February 27th 2018 by Tor Teen

Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
I had very high hopes going into To Right the Wrongs by Sheryl Scarborough since I loved To Catch a Killer so much. This book is just as action-packed and twisty as the first, and Erin is still the same clever sleuth. The use of forensics in this series really adds originality, and I would definitely recommend it to those with an interest in this field.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Bookwraiths
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young_adult
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths.

If you like quick reading murder mysteries, To Right the Wrongs is a great book to pick up and enjoy on a nice rainy day. The title character, Erin Blake, is a smart, modern day detective who has a habit of getting mixed up in CSI-like cold cases. Her friends, Lysa and Spam, always along for the ride, as these precocious teens find a lot more to occupy their time than keeping a streak alive on social media.

Picking up shortly after the events of the first book (
Glen
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A teen sleuth, rocked by the events of the last book, goes away from the summer. Meets the usual oh-so-mysterious love interest, and finds herself trying to solve another mystery.

Nancy Drew was better.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
4.5 STARS

Erin Blake and her friends are back solving crimes with their amateur forensic work. This time her uncle-maybe-father ex FBI guru Victor lives with Erin and her pseudo-mom Rachel. Cases include trying to free boyfriend Journey’s father, falsely convicted of murder and an a mysterious new guy in town.

TO RIGHT THE WRONGS picks up three weeks after TO CATCH A KILLER ends. In the second book of the series, the perp(s) are less obvious with logical red herrings based on their history in the
Jacob the Bookworm
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel begins right after the events of To Catch A Killer, and was just as engrossing as its predecessor.

To Right The Wrongs begins three weeks after the first book. They’re back in the forensic scene, and with permission from their parents. The girls are asked to help with CSI camp at the school over the summer, but find themselves wrapped up in a cold case, one that hits close to home. They are asked not to meddle in the case, but that’s easier said than done, right?

I loved the growth of t
Kate
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Why wasn't CSI camp a thing when I was a teen?
Melliane
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Here is a series that I was curious to try and even if I did not read the first volume I was very intrigued to discover this second one. I must say now that I had a great time and I can not wait to read more (including the first volume!)

Erin, Lysa and Spam have investigations in their blood and even when they try to be wise and discreet, this is something they can not escape. Yet they know that they can not make waves, that they have to be careful, especially
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Mystery
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

To Right the Wrongs is the second installment in author Sheryl Scarborough's Erin Blake series. The story takes place shortly after the events of To Catch a Killer. Protagonist Erin Blake and her best friends Spam and Lysa are more popular than ever. You could say that they are celebrities for their part in solving not one mystery, but two. But, Erin isn't use to the spotlight, and actually prefers to remain somewhat anonymous as
Caitlin Christensen
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with Erin Blake. She's a modern day Nancy Drew with a whole lot more sass and a keen talent for getting herself mixed up in CSI cold cases. I'm not much of a murder mystery lover, but I am addicted to Sheryl Scarborough's signature writing style, and I hope that she makes a dozen more of these!

"'We're not doing the right thing,' Lysa says. 'But we are doing what we always do, which is the thing that feels the most right.'"

Erin and her pals are back in the thick of a mystery, only
Suze Lavender
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Erin would love to become a professional forensic scientist and is thrilled that her uncle Victor's home to stay. She admires his work and the fact that he's turning the school lab into a professional lab that can also be used for forensics is a dream come true. Especially because Victor has asked Erin and her friends to help. There will be a CSI summer camp and Erin and her best friends Spam and Lysa will work as camp counselors. There's a lot of work that needs to be done and Erin enjoys every ...more
Meredith
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
I'm torn between giving this book 3.5 stars or 4 stars. When I finished book one, To Catch a Killer, I REALLY wanted a sequel. I do love that To Right the Wrongs tied up some loose ends, but it also left a few things dangling. It makes me wonder if there will be a book three - and I'm totally okay with that! Despite some hiccups with this book, it was still really enjoyable and the ending had me like WHOA!! But also... totally called it!

I've never been a huge fan of Erin. I love the forensic sle
C. Maria
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok, unlike in the first book I didn't guessed or expected who the killer was, but with that said I didn't really liked Erin in this one and all the action and interesting stuff happens in the last 5 chapters the rest of 42 chapters nothing really happens. I expected more for this.
Jenna
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not as intense and crazy as the first one, but still loving the character developments. Completely head over heels for Journey and Erin specifically!
Charlotte
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the first book in this series but this one was just, a lot. The entire synopsis is about how they’re solving journey’s dad’s case yet I forgot that was even apart of the story most of the time. More and more mysteries kept getting added and I got confused. The characters also didn’t really solve anything at all... everything was coincidentally put together in the last 30 pages when all the sketchy people just admitted why they were being weird. I like some of the characters and I was int ...more
Adele
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
To Right the Wrongs captures how danger is really never too far from Erin and her friends. We once again get to see how Erin’s mind works, in that Erin is capable of finding clues and connecting the dots to things that would have otherwise been overlooked. Erin’s a teenager in her junior year of high school, but has already solved one murder, and now in To Right the Wrongs, she ends up helping her Uncle Victor and her boyfriend Journey, try to acquit Journey’s father from prison.

Along the way Er
Elena Love
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received this book from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own!*

To Right the Wrongs picks up after the events of To Catch A Killer and finds Erin more famous than ever but, still desperately trying to blend in. She's trying to readjust to her new life, especially after the unexpected events that took place during the previous book in the series and is still extremely interested in forensics! Things aren't that simple when you're Erin Blake though
Rebecca
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I was pretty impressed with Sheryl Scarborough’s debut novel To Catch A Killer last year so when I was offered a chance to review the sequel I jumped on it. The first book was a great YA mystery and it read like a fun introduction to modern forensic techniques. Definitely something that would have interested my younger self – I mean really, it interested my adult self.

To Right the Wrongs picks up not long after the events of the first book and shows how the characters are readjusting to life aft
Casia Courtier
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, I want to say thank you to Jean Book Nerd for the opportunity to be a part of this book tour. I want to also thank Tor for the book so that I could review it. What follows is my honest opinion of the book. I wasn't compensated in any way. With that out of the way, let's get to the fun stuff.

To Right the Wrongs is one of those sequels that ups the ante from the first. In the first one, we meet Erin and her group of friends. The main mystery dealt with Erin's science teacher's murder and th
Stephanie Ward
3.5 Stars

'To Right the Wrongs' is the second installment in a young adult mystery series that fans of the genre will definitely enjoy. Although you technically don't need to read the first book in the series before this one, I highly suggest that you do. There are already established relationships that were made in the first book and obviously a huge amount of events that went down. You might be a little confused in parts if you don't read them in order, but you can go either way. Again, I sugge
Bree Dumont
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Erin Blake series, and I would highly recommend you read the first book in the series, To Catch a Killer, as this book builds on what happened in the first book. In the first book, Erin, with the help from her friends (Lysa, Spam, and boyfriend Journey,) and her "Uncle" Victor, solve the murder of Erin's mother, and her favorite teacher, Ms. Peters. Now they must work together to find proof that Journey's father is not guilty of the murder for which he was convicte ...more
Kat
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Thank you to Edelweiss and Macmillan Publishing for the E-ARC copy of the book.
First, I will confess to reading the first book in this series and really enjoying it. I hope to get my hands on this one because I wanted to see if it would measure up as a series. Young adult mysteries are few and far between. When I say that I mean many are just not great mysteries, teens have the end is figured out before they are halfway through. Sheryl Scarborough has a series that not only is intriguing, clever
Sheila
Overall I found this book to be more enjoyable than To Catch a Killer, predominantly because one of my biggest complaints from that book (the lack of focus on Spam and Lysa) was rectified. The story was so much more fun with them fully involved!

It was weird to consider that in the canon of this universe, this book happens only a few weeks after the first one, which is like a lot of chaos for this one small town to handle frankly. I didn't like how the mystery all came to a head - it was far too
Carrie G
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-mystery
I really hoped maybe this one would be better than "To Catch a Killer." Nope. Same song, second verse. I liked the forensic science aspect, but I figured out the killed really early on in the story... and it was pretty stinkin' obvious. Again. So, will I read "Erin Blake #3"? Nope. No need for this song to go on.
Naomi Campbell
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
I liked the first one better just because it didn't have so much of the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff going on, but I really liked the technology in this one too, and the wonder and suspense, and the final closure she handed me as I read the ending. If there is a third one, I'll read it next. I read the first one as part of a reading challenge and enjoyed it so much I wanted to continue just for fun with this one.
Jocie
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

To Right the Wrongs was really fast paced and easy to read, but it did feel like for the majority of the book nothing big was really happening. Things didn't start to pick up until around two thirds of the way through and this made the conclusion seem a little rushed. I still really enjoyed reading this, it was an overall fun book and I liked revisiting these characters.
Brenda
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting for a while to read this one. I was worried that I couldn't remember what happened in the first book, but as I was reading, details started coming back to me. I really like the characters and the mystery keeps you wanting to read. I did not see the end coming at all. I can't wait for book 3!
Cassandra Chaput
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. I'll definitely be looking out for more books by Sheryl Scarborough as well as other novels in the same genre!

My full review is here: https://turningpages00.wordpress.com/...
Loran
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Erin Blake series does not disappoint! Relatable characters, a riveting storyline, and unexpected plot twists make TO RIGHT THE WRONGS hard to put down. I can't wait to read book #3!
Lori Collins
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Did not finish. I read the first few chapters and then started skimming. I heard all the interesting parts are towards the end but I couldn’t make it that far. To Catch a Killer was so good but this one not so much. My 13 year old warned me...I should have listened to her. :(
Desirae
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! As someone who majored in forensic science, Ms. Scarborough did her research and doesn’t make up stuff. This book is funny, serious, and had me at the edge of my seat! I hope she continues the series!

• The River Killings (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #2)
  • Irresistible Impulse (Butch Karp, #9)
  • Midnight Alley (Ash Levine, #2)
  • The Wholeness of a Broken Heart
  • Death by Design (Cetin Ikmen, #12)
  • Drawn in Blood (Burbank & Parker, #2)
  • Not All Black Girls Know How to Eat: A Story of Bulimia
  • Gluten for Punishment (A Baker's Treat, #1)
  • Firebrand (Steeplejack #2)
  • Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #2)
  • Close to You (KEY News #4)
  • The Leveling
  • Crazy Horse's Girlfriend
  • The Shadow Files: A Limited Edition Collection of Supernatural Suspense Novels
  • A Bride for One Night: Talmud Tales
  • Nursery Crimes (A Mommy-Track Mystery, #1)
  • Unconditionally
  • Hijas Americanas: Beauty, Body Image, and Growing Up Latina
SHERYL SCARBOROUGH, an award-winning writer for children’s television, is the author of To Catch A Killer and To Right The Wrongs, a YA mystery series with Tor Teen. The appearance of a habitual Peeping Tom at her home when she was twelve, sparked an obsession with forensics. After each visit, Sheryl diligently photographed his footprints and collected the candy wrappers he left behind. Unfortunat ...more

Erin Blake (2 books)
  • To Catch a Killer (Erin Blake #1)