Start by marking “The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1)

The Last Wolf

(The Legend of All Wolves #1)

For three days out of thirty, when the moon is full and her law is iron, the Great North Pack must be wild.

If she returns to her Pack, the stranger will die.
But if she stays…

Silver Nilsdottir is at the bottom of her Pack’s social order, with little chance for a decent mate and a better life. Until the day a stranger stumbles into their territory, wounded and beaten, and
Mass Market Paperback, 284 pages
Published February 6th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Last Wolf, please sign up.
Maria Vale Lori, I am so sorry. I never saw this. Why, I can't tell you--I avoid reviews mostly because they make me nervous, but I would've thought GR would giv…moreLori, I am so sorry. I never saw this. Why, I can't tell you--I avoid reviews mostly because they make me nervous, but I would've thought GR would give me an alert.
Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't tell you how much this means to me.
Viz Ti and Sil. They have ups and downs and happy endings at the end of each of the remaining two books, but the focus of book two turns to Elijah, who has been Offland for thirty years and wants to come home. The Alpha won't let him because he is a skilled manipulator of the human hierarchy, a thing that most wolves find incomprehensible. But he feels his wild dying until he meets a human who understands that he is not what he seems. Sorry, I'm even now trying to figure out how to phrase this.
Anyway, please, please, forgive me for not getting back to you. If there's anything I can do. (Signed copy?) just tell me. (less)

Start your review of The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1)
Robin Mandell
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Round up to 3.5. I really really liked 95% of this book.

The other 5% frustrated me.

Biggest Frustration: Can we please, please stop promoting the idea that a man can tell if a woman has had sexual intercourse just by touching her between her legs? It doesn't work like that. Gynecologists with mirrors and speculums can't tell; yes, they can notice physical changes, but there's no way of seeing how those happened.

It's just outdated and wrong-headed to write any book set in the 21st century and por
Amanda
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book more than I can possibly express and think everyone should read this hidden gem that deserves the many accolades it's already received. I read the novel early for a quote request and was blown away by the story and the writing and by the way it turns paranormal romance on its head to deliver something fresh, unique, and different. This is what I said: A masterful reinventing of the established lore. The Last Wolf pits devotion against duty and survival with complexity and emotio ...more
Mellie Antoinette
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute. Young but with some nice writing moments. I’d vote this is an excellent library find. 3.5 ⭐️
Jeffe Kennedy
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simply extraordinary. Hauntingly written, compelling, mesmerizing. I couldn't put it down. The take on wolves is fantastic in every sense. I loved the gritty realism and sensuality of the wolves lives. This isn't a lighthearted tale - it's like a fist to the heart. I loved everything about it and immediately went on to read the second book, which I also love. This debut author has won me over. This is paragon of what fantasy/paranormal/romance crossover can do.

I cannot recommend th
Lover of Romance
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was forced to DNF this story, I found myself lost in the worldbuilding and I don't think this type of shifter romance is my forte. Just felt bored with it and by 40% I had to let go of it. There were some aspects that I found interesting but not enough for me to keep going especially when I have been trying for almost two months to get into this book and haven't been able to!! Time to let go, maybe someday later I will pick it up again. ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I liked this story, but it did not wow me. If you are looking for romance, then this is not a book for you. The main characters became a couple, but the focus was more on pack politics and survival.

The Last Wolf, the first book in The Legend of All Wolves, tells the story of Silver Nilsdottir and Tiberius Leveraux. Silver is a member of the Great North Park, an ancient breed and the first of their kind to relocate to North America.

Because of a birth defect, Silver is at the lower echelon of the
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
The Last Wolf is the first book in a new series by Maria Vale. Maria is a debut author and I am definitely a fan. She has designed a fresh and intricate new world surrounding the lore of werewolves and shapeshifters. It’s a great spin on these ancient creatures that have been depicted in so many ways throughout history. The story starts off in the 1600s and comes into 2018 where we see how the modern world affects how mystical creatures have altered their survival tactics.

At the core of The Last
Under the Covers Book Blog
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

I really enjoyed reading The Last Wolf, and this book was a great mix of Paranormal Romance and Fantasy. Neither overpowered the other and the author did great job in balancing those two genres. Lately, I don't read a lot of PNR/UF books and it is really difficult for me to find a story that will keep me interested in this genre, so I was really happy that this story exceeded my expectations. The blurb gives a great short overview of
Katie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.blogspot.com

Werewolf fan? Stop what you’re doing. The Last Wolf by Maria Vale is the most authentic werewolf book I’ve ever read. You’ll find yourself stopping to think… Are werewolves actually real? That’s how intense and well-researched this novel is. Amazing. Thorough. And freaking hilarious to boot.

I’m not even a fan of werewolf books, to be honest. Shifters are more my thing. So imagine my surprise at how
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
3 LONE WOLF STARS

The Last Wolf begins with a young girl named Silver. She is crippled, as well as a wolf. Most of her life she has been a servant to her pack alpha, leaving her without a mate.

Tiberius is a shifter, one with a huge secret. He begs the alpha for a place in the pack. But must prove his worth to stay or be cut loose and marked as a lone wolf.

The romance in this story was not the main focus of The Last Wolf. It's about survival, protecting the pack, making friends and enemies. Ms.
Lauren loves llamas
This is an odd duck to categorize. It’s got all the hallmarks of a romance novel (HEA ending, traditional romance plot arc, etc) but it’s also quite dark and raw. I think if you go into this expecting a regular paranormal romance, you'll be disappointed. But, oh man, this book surprised me in such a good way. This is the gritty paranormal romance I never knew I wanted!

In most of the paranormal/urban fantasies I’ve read, the shifters consider themselves both animal and human and generally try to
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
AMAZING !!!!
What an awesome, amazing paranormal book! I loved Silver, and of course Tiberius, with his sweetness, vulnerability, his bravery and his love for Silver.
This is not erotic novel (although for me there is plenty romance development between Silver and Tiberius and even some sex scenes ).
With so many cliche books out there this was nice and refreshing. The protagonist stayed true to her character. Yes there was character growth but at the end of the day she was everything she presented
Sam (AMNReader)
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is odd as hell, but it's also sweet as hell.

But, it's a little too...wolfy...for me. There's a lot of scent, blood, and pack dynamic.

And I just can't get myself there with stressful family politics in close proximity and all that jazz. I don't think I'll be continuing with the series, but if you have curiosity about a "crappy wolf" shifter and a more wild/less human version of that falling in love despite some slightly underdeveloped world building and plot, you may really enjoy this
J.D. DeHart
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maria Vale offers something unique and original in this book. I have been a long-time reader of fantasy and science fiction, and enjoyed this author's imaginative contribution. Recommended for the sci-fi looking for a well-developed novel that takes a different approach. ...more
Jacqueline J
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice world building. Good solid shifter read. A different set up from other shifter/werewolf stories. I liked it.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
4.5 Stars

Silver Nilsdottir is the runt of the pack, she's smaller than all the other wolves and has a bad leg, this puts her right at the bottom of the pecking order. It seems inevitable that she will end up as the indentured servant of the alpha pair. Until Tiberius Leveraux stumbles on to their land half dead and asking for sanctuary.

I love it when taking a chance pays off. I decided to read this mainly because I liked the cover and I wanted a new PNR to get my teeth into. I didn't really hold
Ariadna
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 23%

This is a book that had come up a few times on my TL and I ended up v. intrigued by it.

The opening scene was so amazing that I was sure I was gonna devour this book and then the rest of the series. Sadly, the story became less about a romance and more about the werewolf and shifter cultures. I didn't feel any chemistry between the MCs to the point that, when Silver feels lust towards Ti, I actual!cringed because it was so discordant to the story.

After the umpteenth description of Pack
Rosanna Leo
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maria Vale has written an engaging paranormal romance. The Last Wolf had me turning pages quicker than I had in some time. The world building in this novel is outstanding. We haven't seen werewolves and shifters like these ones before. There is a primal edge to the characters. You really believe these creatures are wild. They have history and motivations that are unlike any paranormal characters I know and that made for an exciting read. The romance is fresh, featuring characters who aren't perf ...more
Mara
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
3 1/2
I see the reasons behind all those glittering reviews, and I did enjoy the the book. I'm not sure I buy the plot as it was crystal clear the way it would be unwinding.
The romance was a bit sad, if touching, a love story between two sad, abused people.
I can't decide if I want to keep reading this series.
Jaclyn
The Last Wolf seems like it would be your standard paranormal romance fare, but ends up to be something quite different. The best way to describe it is as similar to Anne Bishop's Others series - if you were hoping for more in the romance department with Meg and Simon. I know I'm not alone in this!

The first three quarters of this book were really strong. The author introduced readers to her version of werewolf/shifter culture and the main characters, Silver and Ti. Since this is the first book i
Leigh Kramer
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the most fascinating shifter book I’ve ever read. The world-building is unparalleled! Instead of humans turning into wolves, we have wolves turning into humans and this nuance changes everything. Silver and Ti have so much to lose and they really are each other's only hope for survival. Nothing about this story was what I guessed or expected. I'm still reeling from some of the twists and turns. Maria Vale really and truly outdid herself.

CW: violence, stillbirth, off-page attempted rape,
Victoria (Eve's Alexandria)
I’m not well versed in the tropes and established grooves of paranormal romance, so I can’t really say to what extent this challenges them, but I at least found it fresh and vivid. Lovely detailed world building establishes a backdrop of werewolf packs in the modern day USA, on which plays a deliciously subtle, instinctive love story between a brutalised lone wolf and a fierce, independent ‘runt’. I loved every moment, and am going straight into book 2.
Drew Doll
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow. What a great read.

This was an imaginative and unique take on the world of wolves and shifters. I loved the story, loved the world-building, and loved the characters. Ti and Silver were real to me, and I felt along with them. Highly, highly recommended.
Rachel
10/28/19 Currently FREE via most book retailers: https://books2read.com/The-last-wolf ...more
BookWormAli
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book. I thought the plot was solid and refreshing.

Ms. Vale starts off by introducing two sets of shifters. Wolves and shifters. Neither get along and Shifters tend to be Shifty. This plays into plot. Silver is a crippled wolf who is about to spend her life as a servant to her alpha pair because she doesn't have a male counterpart. Ty is a shifter with a secret who comes begging for a place in the pack. It turns out Ty is also part wolf and he requests sanctuary to escape the leader
Lynn
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silver has always been at the bottom of her wolf pack for various reasons including being a runt and physically challenged. Now she is desperately trying to avoid being exiled when another type of Shifter, Tiberius, comes into their midst. Silver claims him and gives all her heart to teaching him their ways in order to be accepted by the pack though there are many challenges. The Great Northern Pack has survived centuries with with fierce rules and leadership which while seeming harsh, has ensur ...more
Mandi
Feb 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
This is not keeping my interest at all so I'm DNFing. ...more
Christa
Couldn’t connect to the main characters. Interesting world building couldn’t save the lack of interest in the characters or plot.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• A Touch of Stone and Snow (A Gathering of Dragons, #2)
  • The Beast of Blackmoor (A Gathering of Dragons #0.5)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Bitterburn (Gothic Fairytales, #1)
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love, #1)
  • Deal with the Devil (Mercenary Librarians, #1)
  • The Naughty List
  • The Leopard King (Ars Numina, #1)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Any Rogue Will Do (Misfits of Mayfair, #1)
  • Chaos Reigning (Consortium Rebellion, #3)
  • The Queen's Advantage (Rogue Queen, #2)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • The Queen's Triumph (Rogue Queen, #3)
  • The Longest Night
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)

Maria Vale is a journalist who has worked for Publishers Weekly, Glamour, Redbook and the Philadelphia Inquirer. She's a double-Rita finalist whose books have been listed by Amazon, Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, ALA Booklist & Kirkus among their Best Books of the Year. Trained as a medievalist, she persists in trying to shoehorn the language of Beowulf into things that don't really need it.

The Legend of All Wolves (4 books)
  • A Wolf Apart (The Legend of All Wolves, #2)
  • Forever Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #3)
  • Season of the Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #4)