Start by marking “Banished (The Storymakers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Banished (The Storymakers, #3)

Banished

(The Storymakers #3)

While lying in the hospital in a place called Kansas, Princess Dorthea of Emerald struggles to regain her memory of the events that propelled her out of the land of Story—and to remember how to get home.

Meanwhile, in Story, Rexi, with the help of Excalibur, continues to gain confidence in writing her own tale as she fights to save the land from the Wicked Witch. But as is
Published February 6th 2018 by Sourcebooks Fire (first published February 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Banished, please sign up.
Natalie Yes. It's a trilogy: Spelled #1, Wanted #2, and then Banished #3.
Alison (Lady Coffin) S I agree it would be hard to understand a lot of what is happening if you have not read the previous two books in the series.

Fafa's Book Corner
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: badass-broads
Mini review:

Spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: Mention of cancer and treatment, torture, war, and death.

Banished was read for The Dream Thieves: Badass Broads.

Banished takes place sometime after Wanted. Rexi rules Camelot as Sir Rex. With Mordred helping her to defeat Blanc. Dorthea is on Earth. In Kanas with her parents. Unfortunately her parents don't remember anything and deem her troubled whenever she mentions Emerald City.

With the help of Morte, Blanc has come up with a way to further tortur
JoAnna
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think if I didn't have the audio version of this book I would have given it three stars. The narrator did a fantastic job!!! I wish I would have reread the other books before this one..... but there are other stories to discover. This was a fun ride! On to the next adventure!
Gaele
AudioBook Review:
Stars: 4 Narration 4 Story 4

The conclusion of The Storymakers trilogy brings the story to an end, and is best understood if you have read all of the books in order. Here is where Schow shows us her brilliance in the reality/fantasy duality of the story, and the challenges this creates for Dorothea in her life – and her determination to keep moving forward in hopes for better and more.

Dorothea is back in Kansas, slowly recovering from a coma – and is slowly forgetting ‘home’.
Tiffany
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Definitley my favorite in the series. Everything came together and made so much more sense after that second book. I really do enjoy how this author writes and all the quirks she adds....my favorite being her play on words/phrases. Some of my favorites being Hans Christian Louboutin and Jiminey Choo shoes or her curses like Spells Bells, For the Love of Grimm, saying the characters were Pixed. Overall a fun play on fairytales and I would recommend if you enjoy them.
Shanannigans
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
DNF!

My very first DNF! Such a disappointment. I was so excited when I first received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The blurb sounded amazing and the cover is gorgeous! At first, I was unaware this was the conclusion to a trilogy but honestly that wasn't my issue with it. It was such a confusing jumble of fairy tale and literary references, I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

What was probably an attempt at a creative Wizard of Oz retelling, was actually just a hodge p
C.C. Hrivnak
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Review: https://charmedbookhavenreviews.wordp...

*Disclaimer: I received an ARC copy via NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for a review. This does not effect my review.

This is the third installment in The Storymakers series that follows Princess Dorthea of Emerald on her continuing quest to get back home and right the wrongs she did in the first book, Spelled. Now, she’s locked up in the psyche ward, slowly beginning to lose her memories of her home. She discovered her parents in th
Krystal
This book follows Dot and Rexi. Dot is a story-maker and the princess of Emerald who was banished to Kansas by Rexi in book 2 of the Storymakers series, (I didn't know it was a series until about 1/3 of the way through. So I'll have to go read the first 2 now because the book was quite enjoyable.) and Dot needs to now finish the story and kill Morte and Blanc with the help of rexi from inside the land of Libraria.

I rated this a 4 out of 5 stars overall for the following reasons:

What I like:

I lo
Ruthsic
After that messy sequel Wanted, I was kind of hesitant to read this book. But then I remembered that this is the final book in the trilogy and I might as well finish the series, so I started it, albeit with low expectations. This book again begins without any explanations about the current state of the characters so it is kind of confusing in the start, but soon the two story arcs become clear - Dot is over in Kansas, waking up from a coma and being told that her life before this was all her ima ...more
Jessica
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Sourcebooks FIRE for the advanced copy from a giveaway win on Instagram!

I've loved the Storymakers series since SPELLED. Princess Dorthea of Emerald is a great lead for this retelling and her feisty sidekick Rexi. This book picks up where WANTED left off - so for those who haven't read the rest of the series I would highly recommend picking up books one and two!

I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil the other books for new readers. If you love the retelling genre then you'd
Paige Green
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Rating: 3/5

Genre: YA Fantasy

Recommended Age: ---

Pages: 336

Author: Betsy Schow

Amazon

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review thanks to NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

So this will be a short review because I had to DNF this book. It’s not because this book was horrible or anything like that (quite the opposite actually), but I did not realize when I requested this book that it was the third in a series and I’ve not read the first two. I want to read the first two in
Andra
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh man. Oh man, oh man, oh man. Where do I begin?

Maybe I had higher expectations for this series because I read the first book when I was younger, and absolutely adored it. Maybe I had higher expectations because I began this series when only the first book had been published, so every year I eagerly awaited the release of the next novel.

Or, maybe my expectations weren't very high at all, and this book was just a disappointing companion to the wonderful first book and the adequate second.

Overall
Kat
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Fire for the E-ARC copy of this novel.

The Storyteller Series is back with the final book in trilogy. Banished by Betsy Schow gives us Dorthea and Rexi trying to stop the villains of Story once again. First, I loved all the covers of these books. It’s what drew me to the first novel in this series. Once, I read it I knew that I had to share it with my customers. Second, I have recommended to anyone who hasn’t read this series to start with the first book. Do
bookslovereaders Steph
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the final book in the trilogy by Betsy Schow and I wasn’t disappointed, it had all the usual characters who brought sarcasm, action and a bit of romance to the book.

This book focuses more on Rexi and her saving Camelot and trying to save Dot who was sent to Kansas in the book. You follow the characters on their final battle with Morte, Blanc and Griz.

Do the good guys win in the end?!

I love Betsy’s style of writing and I’m excited to see if she creates another fairytale retelling with
Diana
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's so much to love about this trilogy. Starting with the covers; they're shoes but they're significant and tie-in! You know that moment when the title makes sense? That's what you get with the shoes on the cover.
That's another thing to love, that shoes are such an essential part in all three stories. I'm sure Dorthea wouldn't have it any other way.

Not only do we get a dual point of view this time around, but two separate stories in two different realms. I've seen a few comments that mention
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: I might need more time to process the ending, but I'm mostly sure that I really liked it. (That's rare for me. I usually hate endings, even when they're done well.)

I still like Dorothea much better than Rexi, even if just because she complains a lot less and does stuff out of the goodness of her heart more rather than for selfish reasons. However, I wasn't gagging during Rexi's chapters and was enjoying reading about her in this book.

The romances were ... wrong to me. Two girls
Krystal B §Modest reader§

I rated this a 4 out of 5 stars overall for the following reasons:

What I like:

I lo
Annie
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Banished is the final book in the Storymakers trilogy by Betsy Schow. Published by Sourcebooks Fire and released 1st February, 2018, it's aimed firmly at the younger end of the YA market. There is a strong continuity and back story for the characters and plot arc from the first two books, so I definitely wouldn't recommend this one as a standalone.

I enjoy the parallel fictional world and fictional characters in the 'real world' subgenre. There ar
Amber
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Well. This book was silly.

Princess Dorothea of Emerald (sometimes called Dot) is trapped in Kansas, a terrible place without magic and with terrible fashion sense. She’s trapped in a mental hospital where she talks to a doctor who isn’t a psychiatrist, gets chemo treatments that are actually green sludge, and is repeatedly told she’s c
Natalie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ya, female, fairytale
Shelves: yal, series
Andrea
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Banished is the final book in the story maker series.
Dorthea has been banished to Kansas. But she has also been reunited with her parents and then meets a boys remarkable like Kato who isn't. Meanwhile Rexi is back in Booklandia and is now King of Camelot. She has to pretend to be a boy, figure out a way to defeat Blanc, and rescue Kato.
This book is definitely not my favorite of the series.
It is different from the first two books in narrative pattern. The first book was told from the perspecti
Lauren
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jackie
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
The trouble with writing a story with alternating plots is that there’s a risk that one narrative is going to be stronger than the other and that’s exactly the problem I had with ‘Banished’.

Following along with the final arc of both Rexi’s and Dot’s story was difficult in the sense that I found myself more invested in the details in Kansas than I did in Camelot. Memory loss storylines can be tricky because as a reader the blank slate remaking of a character can weigh down the story and take awa
J.L. Slipak
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, here we go.

First, let me get this out of the way. The cover is just stunning! In fact, all three covers were excellent choices for this series and I loved them all.

After book two, I wasn't sure what to expect from the author for book three.  I'm glad I hung in there and decided to read book three.  It was far better than book two. This is what I see a lot with series.  Book one is outstanding, book two sucks and book three is a marvelous cleaner-upper.

The POV jumps but in a controlled fash
Valérie

Everyone who knows me knows how much I enjoyed the Storymakers series. It's light and funny, and even though they'll probably never be part of these books that change someone's life forever, they're still some of the most fun reads I've ever read.

The third one's story did not disappoint. I could tell how it would end, but still enjoyed the ride and even feared for the safety of my beloved virtual friends on the way. ^_^
I would gladly have rated it 4.5 stars...
...but something made it l
Beth (CozyLittleBookCorner)
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katlynmae Chatfield
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmmm.. Well this one was a little better than the second one, I like how it was on two different point of views, Dorthea's and Rexi's. So things made more sense in this one because of that. I thought the whole Dorthea in Kansas with cancer was pretty cool and this boy John with the ice blue eyes... He has to be related to Kato somehow..... But how... All hell is breaking loose in Camelot and Rexi has to be the King and save them all from Evil Blanc and Morte. In the end both Dorthea and Rexi end ...more
Ryan Kountz
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to a fun series

Each time I’ve gotten one of the books in this series, I’ve finished it in a day.

These books are fun with puns that make you laugh and groan. More, though, you care about the characters. I’ve almost cried and I’ve had to pause reading to stop laughing and I’ve laughed through tears.

This book did not disappoint. Rexi and Dot both have to grow and dig deep to find the strength to fight the darkness. Their friendship and faith in each other is strong but still filled wi
Diane ~Firefly~
The story begins with Dorthea in Kansas being treated for cancer and Roxi dealing with Guinevere and Modred in Camelot as Blanc, Morte and Griz are succeeding in their plan.

What I enjoyed:
* Much more coherent story than book 2
* Interesting to see Dorthea in our world dealing with being the only one to see all the bad things
* The author certainly doesn't mind hurting the MCs
* LOVE how (view spoiler)

What could h
Michaela
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
NO MORE LOVE TRIANGLE 😥

This book was the perfect ending to this series. It is much more like the first book in the series. Plenty of action and plenty of heart. You are pulled back and forth, not entirely sure what's real and what's not... but in the end you're pretty sure you've figured it out 😂. It wraps up everyone's story with each character doing what is exactly right for their character. Some find redemption, at least in part. Some sacrifice everything for the greater good. Some just plain
Meghan
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read this series since the beginning and our young adult patrons read it too. I am a huge Wizard of Oz, Wicked fan and it is always fun to read variations or a completely new versions of the classic story and the Storymakers series is no different. The series also incorporates other fairy tales and classic stories such as King Arthur and Red Riding Hood. Banished just added on where Spelled left off and I love how Dorothy is portrayed more as a heroine and not a typical girl from Kansas i ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Little Bit Of This: Banished 24 10 Mar 09, 2018 02:48AM

• Beauty and the Baron (Forever After Retellings, #1)
  • Princess without a Palace: A King Thrushbeard Fairy Tale
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Scarlett Dedd
  • The Guardians
  • Untitled (Stolen Crowns, #1)
  • Riven (The Lost Imperials, #3)
  • Once Upon a Beanstalk
  • Thief of Happy Endings
  • M.F.K.: Book One
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Isle of the Lost #4)
  • Twin Roses (Beau Rivage, #1.6)
  • Hedge Witch (The Cloven Land Trilogy #1)
  • Marabel and the Book of Fate
  • With a Kiss
  • Snow White and Rose Red: The Curse of the Huntsman
  • Breathe

The Storymakers (3 books)
  • Spelled (The Storymakers, #1)
  • Wanted (The Storymakers, #2)
“The first step to healing is admitting you have a problem. Say it with me, ‘Yes, these are my flying monkeys, and this is my circus.” 0 likes