Start by marking “Echoes of Understorey (Titan's Forest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Understorey (Titan's Forest, #2)

Echoes of Understorey

(Titan's Forest #2)

Return to the mythical rainforest ruled by reincarnated gods in the quest fantasy Echoes of Understorey, the heart-pounding sequel to Thoraiya Dyer's Crossroads of Canopy.

Great deeds are expected of Imeris.

Raised by accomplished warriors and skilled healers, and being the sister to a goddess, Imeris always felt pressured to be the best fighter in Understorey. Yet during a
Published February 13th 2018 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Understorey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of Understorey

Start your review of Echoes of Understorey (Titan's Forest, #2)
Victoria Moschou
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started reading "Echoes of Understorey" in the belief that this was a standalone novel, or at least the first one of a series, as I've never heard of it before.
Still, when I added it on my Goodreads shelf and I saw that it was a sequel, I felt intimidated, the least.
"How am I supposed to catch up with everything that's happened in the first novel? What if the world of this story has already been built and some things are taken for granted? What if, because of not having read the first novel,
Rivqa
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the second of her Titan's Forest trilogy, Dyer adds layers of complexity to her lush rainforest setting as her characters move up and down the trunks of magical trees. If Unar of Crossroads of Canopy was the asshole protagonist of my heart, Imeris is the torn and divided liminal hero of my soul. A rich, beautiful adventure.

Disclaimer: Thoraiya is one of my dearest friends, and this review is of an advance reading copy.
Liz
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Titan's Forest world is amazing! While it took me a while to sink my teeth into this complex instalment and remember all the characters from the first novel, I very much enjoyed the world being built. Highly recommended.
Amanda Bradburn
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, let me thank Netgalley and Tor for the chance to read and review this book: Echoes of Understorey pre-release. As always, these thoughts are my own. This review is spoiler-free and no main plot points are revealed.

I give this story 4 stars.

Synopsis:

Return to the mythical rainforest ruled by reincarnated gods in the quest fantasyEchoes of Understorey, the heart-pounding sequel to Thoraiya Dyer'sCrossroads of Canopy.

Great deeds are expected of Imeris.

Raised by accomplished warriors
Jess
Can we talk about the cover, because the covers of these books are beautiful. The cover of Canopy drew me in, but they all highlight the incredibly unique world of Titan's Forest, where trees grow so tall, the pale folk of Understorey (who use, along with bridges, spines implanted in their shins and forearms to navigate the bark of their world) live in dusk and never see real stars nor sky and the people of Floor live in darkness. The people of canopy bask in the sun, navigating wide highways ...more
Alexandra
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read and really enjoyedCrossroads of Canopy a while back, so when Thoraiya offered to send me a review copy of the sequel I was all YAASSSS GIMME. So yes, this is a review copy, and yes I know the author.

The world is Titan's Forest, and there are classes within classes in this place. The population is divided in three: those who live in the Canopy, closest to the sunlight; those in the Understorey; and those on the Floor, who basically live in the dark. The first book was very focussed on the
James
I was a little unsure about how this book started off, because it gave the impression initially of not being as focused as Crossroads was (which I'd put down to the difference in personality between Imeris and Unar), but I ended up really enjoying it. Between the insight we get into both Understorey and Canopy as broader societies (rather than the more isolated locations where Unar spends her time), the tension between entrenched systems of power and cultural enmities and the people caught in ...more
Lori
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't know what is is about me but I have great difficulty reading Sci-Fi Fantasy which is really odd as they are often my favorite movies to watch.

In general, my tastes in reading material focus on history and nature and really anything I can analyse. So, I was drawn to the cover of this book. What's not to love about a mythical rainforest? I found this story telling to be huge in world building and weighing heavily on characters and culture.
Reviewed for Net Galley.
Narfy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
The second novel in the series is a disappointment if you were, like me, hoping to pick up where the first left off. We've skipped ahead many years to pick up the story and it seems like you are hurled into action before you can even fully understand what's happening or why. Unfortunately I don't think I will continue if there are further books in the series. This one was just too much of a drag.
Rebecca
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun and the additional world building from the first book really worked. The characters were sympathetic and likeable, the pacing was perfect and the story was solid.

The blurb on the book is kinda close to the story, but don't rely on it.
Frith
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this so much more than the first book (of which I found I had retained basically nothing.) Great characters, interesting worldbuilding.
Vanessa Ricci-Thode
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
So much better than the first book! A protagonist I can actually get behind, and all the glorious tree-ishness I love!
Jess
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good middle book in a trilogy. I’m looking forward to learning about Floor in the third book.
Jessica
Cyber
Feb 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Expert System's Brother
  • The True Queen (Sorcerer Royal, #2)
  • Amnesty (The Amberlough Dossier, #3)
  • A Brightness Long Ago
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • In the Vanishers’ Palace
  • Starless
  • An Illusion of Thieves (Chimera, #1)
  • Shatter the Suns (Last Star Burning, #2)
  • The Light Brigade
  • The Tea Master and the Detective (The Universe of Xuya)
  • Middlegame
  • The Hum and the Shiver (Tufa, #1)
  • The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library, #5)
  • Wisp of a Thing (Tufa, #2)
  • Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2)
  • The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future
  • Swordheart

Titan's Forest (3 books)
  • Crossroads of Canopy (Titan's Forest, #1)
  • Tides of the Titans (Titan's Forest, #3)