Start by marking “My Pillow Keeps Moving” as Want to Read:
My Pillow Keeps Moving

My Pillow Keeps Moving

A lonely man tries to buy a pillow . . . and ends up with a new best friend in this silly and sweet doggy tale, perfect for fans of Officer Buckle and Gloria .

Dogs make good pillows, don't they?

A clever pup ends up in a cozy home, and she'll do anything to stay there. She impersonates everything the lonely homeowner needs--a pillow, a footstool, a jacket.
Published January 16th 2018 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about My Pillow Keeps Moving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Pillow Keeps Moving

Start your review of My Pillow Keeps Moving
Julie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book gets funnier every time I read it!
La Coccinelle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This surprisingly funny book is a treat to read. The story starts out with a dog and a cat watching a man go into a pillow store. The dog steals inside, and the man buys the dog, thinking it's a pillow. Of course, the dog keeps moving, so the man returns the dog, saying, "I bought a pillow here and I think it is broken." As he's interacting with the clerk, the dog leaves the store... so it can be ready and waiting at the footstool store when the man goes in there next.

The clerk in each store see
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
A dog poses as a pillow, a footstool, and a jacket in order to find a home.

The illustrations add much to the humor of the story.

Satisfying ending.
Rachel
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adorable and humorous tale of a man who attempts to buy a pillow, a footstool & a jacket only to be “tricked” into falling in love with a dog. Accompanied by bright and interactive illustrations, this will be a hit for young children at storytimes and underscores the value of companionship.
Kaethe Douglas
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The art has an early reader from the 60s vibe, kind od sid Hoff. As well as a very clever dog. I checked it out for the title, then saw a blurb recommending it to fans of Officer Buckle and Gloria, which I am. I want a new Rathmann book now.

Library copy
Cheryl Gladfelter
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, humor, pets, 2018
This book is full of warm fuzzies. I loved it!
Terresa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, 2019
Hilarious romp, excellent illustrations, great story. This is a book to buy, share, cherish.
Melissa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think I might know a few kids who would like this book.
Laura Harrison
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story with irresistible illustrations.
Sharon Lawler
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
If it is soft and fluffy, it must be a pillow. A versatile salesman, a confused customer, and a very lucky cat and dog make this a sweet story for a giggly story time.
Deb
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-alena
I read this one to Alena months ago, but got it again when someone recommended it. I really like it. It's cute, funny, and otherwise delightful. ...more
MeganRuth - Alohamora Open a Book
Silly but fun read. It is perfect for the animal/pet lover, and could be a shorter storytime/classroom read aloud.

Narrative skills possibly or for the teacher descriptive words.
April
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Animals are so silly. I like how they work together. Cute story.
Justin Langlois
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute! Who wouldn't want a dog for a pillow? ...more
Mary Ann
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This will bring lots of storytime laughs -- kids love it when they can see how foolish grownups are being.
Viviane Elbee
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Hahaha ... this is such a funny premise. A man walks in to buy a pillow, but he gets tricked into buying a dog. Of course, his pillow is moving!
Debbie Smith
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, humor
The first spread in the book shows a cat and dog shivering outside a store called The Pillow Place. The signs in the window guarantee soft and fluffy pillows on sale. While the cat seems unsure we see the dog slip through the door and curl up on a  pile of pillows. We see a man’s yellow arm point to the top of the pile of pillows to the “dog” pillow. He is wearing glasses, but we can assume he needs stronger lenses. Kitty watches as the man in a yellow coat and green bow tie walks from the store ...more
Gmr
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A charming story about a pillow, foot stool, Haley, whatever...that keeps moving...and yet readers will understand from the start, we're not dealing with your average, run of the mill furnishings here. At the heart of this clever tale are a cat and a pup seeking shelter from the elements and inadvertently finding a forever home...albeit a reluctant one. Well, it's not so much reluctant as it is confused because honestly, if my jacket starting belching, or foot stool woofing, I'd be scratching my ...more
Chris
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book reminds me of the Sesame Street sketch in which Grover is a waiter and keeps getting the customer's order wrong. In this case, the customer doesn't get quite so annoyed, but it retains the same charm. So funny! ...more
Elisabeth
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As if the story (and concept) weren't funny enough --- the illustrations were uproarious! ...more
Maureen Agnes
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Made me chuckle. A different kind of story to help animals get adopted.
Jeani
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable and amusing story that will make you laugh out loud!
Jesse
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable and endearing!
Daphne
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book! Lots of tiny, fun details on each page, and lots of genuine heart. I laughed out loud at the grocery store scene!
LizzyBerry
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I think this would get lots of laughs at preschool storytime.
Casandria
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silly and fun! Great for a dog or a silly storytime.
Heidi
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome kids book! What a hoot!
Robin Raines-Bond
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud fun from these clever pets who want to be adopted. Enjoy!
Kate
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Made me and my 7-year-old giggle together multiple times. Super silly and has a great ending!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Can I Be Your Dog?
  • The Panda Problem
  • Walrus in the Bathtub
  • When Pigs Fly
  • Llama Destroys the World
  • Santa Bruce
  • The Couch Potato (The Bad Seed, #4)
  • My Toothbrush Is Missing (The Giggle Gang, #4)
  • Knock Knock