Start by marking “The Billboard Bride” as Want to Read:
The Billboard Bride

The Billboard Bride

Melanie Turner's taking stubborn to new heights...

When she discovers her fiance’s infidelity mere minutes before their wedding, Melanie snatches Daddy’s shotgun and climbs a billboard on the farm neighboring the church. As family and friends plead with her, she grows more determined. She’s not coming down until that sorry Stephen climbs up and apologizes. No matter how l
Published April 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Billboard Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billboard Bride

Start your review of The Billboard Bride
Pam Graber
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Melanie Turner learns of her fiancé’s infidelity minutes before her wedding, she charges out of the church seeking a place where she can lick her wounds in private. The place she chooses? The platform below the billboard on the neighboring property. She has to climb a tree then a ladder – in her wedding dress with her Daddy’s shotgun – to get there but once there, she refuses to come down until her fiancé comes up the ladder and apologizes. When he refuses, she determines to stay there 13 d ...more
Joyful
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Turner is taking stubborn to a new height when she discovers her fiance’s cheating just minutes before their wedding, Melanie grabs Daddy’s shotgun and climbs a billboard on the farm next to the church. Family and friends plead with her, but she grows more determined. She’s not coming down until Stephen climbs up and apologizes even if it takes 13 days. After all, 13 is her lucky number. He was her 13th boyfriend, he proposed after 13 months, and the wedding is 13 weeks after the proposa ...more
Pam Jennings
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. In a lot of ways, this town and these people could be my own hometown. Melanie is a country girl gone city and trying to hang on to something she believes she wants. When her wedding day becomes a disaster as she finds out her future husband is a cheater, Melanie does the unthinkable and storms off to climb a billboard of a local church on the property next door. Kyle just wants to do what his grandpa has asked and take care of the farm for a little while. Farming is not for ...more
Pamela
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable and clean book with a quirky main character, a bride-to-be (Melanie) who climbs a billboard just before the ceremony and refuses to come down until her cheating fiance apologizes to her. The billboard happens to be on the land that a disgraced ballplayer (Kyle) has been put in charge of by his absent grandfather. Kyle feels responsible for keeping Melanie fed and cared for (and keep the newshounds at bay) until her vigil is over, however long that takes. Through daily convers ...more
Vicky Sluiter
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a cute book! If you want something light and fun I highly recommend this. I had trouble putting it down.

With quirky characters that sometimes make you want to shake them, each has a lesson to be learned. Author Monica Mynk does a fantastic job of tying all the quirkiness together for a great ending.

I definitely look forward to reading more from this author!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.
Crystal Caudill
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Monica Mynk was a new to me author who delighted me with her humor and Kentucky girl antics.

The Billboard Bride is the story of a stubborn bride and an ex-pro baseball player who takes care of the crazy girl determined to spend thirteen days up on a billboard waiting for an apology from her two-timing fiance. It is a story of second chances, forgiveness, and new hope.

People who like funny, sweet romances will enjoy this well-woven story.
Karen Peale
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Billboard Bride

I would definitely say this is an original story that at times was humorous. For those of you that like southern settings, this one is very southern. I liked the story and found it to be s good read. I was amazed that 76% of it really does take place at a billboard . The character grow and develop, but I did think it was a tad bit too long and didn't need to be.
Courtney
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This novel, like so many others, has failed to grab and captivate my attention. There are many different times that I can pick up a novel and cannot finish it at that time; however, I might be able to return to it at a later date. This is one of those, who knows, maybe next time it will be a game changer.
Sandra Barker
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clean christian romance you'll love!

This book grabbed me and didn't let go. I laughed and cried as Melanie climbed a billboard in her wedding dress and learned valuable life lessons about love, forgiveness and Christianity!
Michelle Taylor
Jun 04, 2017
Lora
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a delightful book! It was quirky, fun, hilarious, thoughtful, and filled with full-fledged country flavor and action. I LOVED it! I instantly bonded with the characters, I was tickled by the plot, and I never could guess what would happen next. What a refreshing read! I HIGHLY recommend this book—it’s a treat!!
Miche'
May 12, 2017
Sammy Reese
May 29, 2017
Lesley Hewitt
rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2018
Sherry Johnson
May 12, 2017
Angela Moody
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot of fun. Spoiled Melanie Turner lives and breathes the number 13. Things have to happen in coincidence with the number 13 for her to see a sign. When she's ready to walk down the aisle and only then discovers her fiance's infidelity, she climbs a sign tower and refuses to come down for 13 days - or until her lyin', cheatin' fiance apologizes, whichever comes first. And then, along comes Kyle Casey and the sparks really start to fly.

This was a lighthearted romance in the great
Monica Mynk
Apr 30, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Appel
Hannah White
Jul 08, 2017

• Final Witness
  • Catch of a Lifetime
  • Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)
  • The Wedding List (Love In Store #1)
  • Snowed In with the Billionaire (Ashley's Billionaire, Book 1)
  • Grandkids Gone Wild (The Garden Girls, #2)
  • The Bargain
  • Dragon Fever (Masters of the Flame, #1)
  • RavenShadow: An Adventure of the Spirit
  • Thirty Days Hath...
  • The Loyal Patriot (Georgia Patriots Romance)
  • Finding Love in the Blue Ridge Mountains: Romance Box Set (Finding Love in the Blue Ridge Mountains #1-4)
  • Dream with Me, Cowboy (Texas Matchmakers, #1)
  • Past Forward: Volume II (Past Forward, #6-9)
  • Past Forward-A Serial Novel: Volume I (Past Forward, #1-5)
  • Post-Human Series Books 1-4
  • Past Forward-A Serial Novel: Volume III (Past Forward, #10-14)
  • Focus On Love
Monica Mynk is a high school Chemistry teacher and author from Central Kentucky. She spent her early years reading books with her mother, acting out plays with her brother and sister, climbing in corncribs, and helping her dad on the farm. Periodically, she loves to tell corny science jokes.

In her writing, she battles the meme-driven sound-byte belief system with strong characters who have the wor

News & Interviews