Start by marking “Torrid (Sordid, #2)” as Want to Read:
Torrid (Sordid, #2)

Torrid

(Sordid #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  683 Ratings  ·  180 Reviews
Vasilije Markovic is the prince of the Serbian mafia and one of the most powerful men in Chicago. His smile may be razor sharp, but he’s crueler than the devil.

I’m playing a dangerous game and betting my life I’m going to win. I pretend to be his pawn. I do as he says and move where he tells me, letting him think he’s in control as I position myself for revenge.

Every turn
Published June 15th 2017

The Life of Anna by Marissa HoneycuttThe Dominator by D.D. PrinceComfort Food by Kitty ThomasSick Fux by Tillie ColeUnbound by D.D. Prince
DARK READS
135 books — 125 voters
Sempre by J.M. DarhowerPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesMonster in His Eyes by J.M. DarhowerRuthless People by J.J. McAvoyCrow's Row by Julie Hockley
Best Mafia Romance
197 books — 593 voters

More lists with this book...

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

He looked like a guy who wanted to fuck me and throw me away, just like my father had done to my mother. The difference was I knew who I was dealing with. I might not outsmart the devil, but I was willing to deal with him.

If it's dark, depraved, and with a splash of kinky...this girl is ALL over it. What? Why are you looking at me like that? It just so happens that I have a serious reader hard-on for the fucked up ones. And prince of the Serbian mafia, Vasilije Markovic? Oh he's every
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionOn a purely personal level I don't like this cover at all. Scratch that I just don't like the way the model is posed I guess. I honestly can't put my finger on why I don't like it; I just don't. That said, it is a well done cover. The composition is very good. It has an eye-catching title work (although I would have made the title a little smaller so it would sit just under her feet and not over them). It's a good representation of the heroine. So ya, personal feeling aside it's a great cover.description

descriptionEv
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 hot stars

Torrid is a super hot,intense,dark,sensual and erotic story.The story flowed really well and it had a great mix of suspense,a little bit drama and hot scenes.

description

Oksana and Vasilije are two really interesting characters.Both are complicated characters and their relationship is explosive.They are full of intense and passionate moments.

If you are looking for a fast paced,steamy and dark romance this is perfect!!

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Jun 13, 2017 marked it as not-gonna-happen-because-reasons
Here I thought I was going to get to read my first book with Serbian rep. As a Serbian, I'm deeply disappointed that this first was a fail :(

Read a free preview of the book and right off the bat on page 2 the author gives an incorrect phonetic pronunciation of the hero's name.

DO YOUR RESEARCH AUTHORS! If you don't want to do the research or find sensitivity readers, then don't write about a culture/ethnicity you don't know about.

When I pick up a book with Serbian rep (or any cultural/ethnic re
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
From the very start I knew this was gonna be some dark shit

“My heart beat faster, and without thinking, my hands coursed up her arms, over her shoulders, and into her hair. I tugged her head back and forced my tongue deeper in her mouth. I took. I claimed. I owned her with my kiss, which was growing more intense every second. It was wild and verged on out of control.”

But i didn't mind..... nope nope, not at all

description

“She was gorgeous, and talented, and I found her fascinating. She looked so pure a
Elle
4* rule the world STARS!!

Review @ Midnight Romance

I'll be damned! You know how I feel uneasy with the previous book, Sordid because of some non-consensual sex. Anyway, this isn't a continuation but I wouldn't recommend it to read as a standalone. You can read Sordid also in this book because it got banned a while go from Amazon. But surprisingly, I liked this book very much! Totally different from Sordid.

As an illegitimate daughter of Russian mafia, Oksana's life is hell. She was sexually haras
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Hot Hot Hot Hot Stars

Torrid is a standalone and is part of the Sordid series. You don’t have to read Sordid prior to reading Torrid, the two books are completely different in my opinion.

I love Nikki Sloane, she’s a one-click author for me. I find her books really passionate, steamy and a tiny bit raunchy but in a really good way.

This is Vasilije and Oksana’s book.

I completely enjoyed this book, it was 100% up my alley. There’s a lot of steam, hence the cover, the title and the series in gener
Nikki Sloane
Jun 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming soon...
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
This book has stalked me into submission! I kept seeing it floating around Facebook, so being the 1-click addict that I am - I bought it!! 😂

I'm looking forward to reading it! Hopefully my ChatterBabe will BR with me!
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
3.5-4 stars

WHOA!

I enjoyed this book. This book is second in sordid series by nikki sloane.

Its a mafia thriller romance.

I won't call it dark because i have read much worse and this was'nt even tidbit near the type of dark i know!

Sure, it had some killing and dangerous glances but nothing we can't handle.

The book started with an amazing prologue❤
It introduces Oksana our heroine.

The prologue gave us an idea how Oksana become a ruthless girl.
She was no weak tstl heroine but still had some vulne
Jayme
Nikki Sloane is absolutely amazing in creating the hot, sexy scenes. If you are looking for well-written erotic stories, then this is something for you.

I really like this story. It intrigued me and pulled in the plot. I read each page to learn how this strongly twisted couple will deal with this whole situation.

***
ARC kindly provided for an honest review. Thank you!

Sharron E.
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nikki Sloane is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. I absolutely love her books. And this one was no less amazing.
Can't wait for what she brings up next to the shelves.
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4 Depraved Stars!

Well it’s consistent...

Review later...
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Torrid By Nikki Sloane is a hold on to your pants type of ride.
It's the sort of story that once you start reading your racing to the finish line, it's that good.
So where to start, Well first we have Vasilije Markovic, second in line to his uncle and part of the Serbian Mafia.
Vasilije is a cold foul-mouthed, vicious twenty-four-year-old man. What he wants he gets and he wants Oksana his Russian plaything.
Oksana has been sent in undercover by her father, head of the Russian mafia. She is the illeg
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Torrid, a new standalone in the Sordid series, features the younger Markovic brother. A bad boy who gets what he wants, Vasilije wants to take over the throne of the Serbian mob, but in the meantime a little action with a pretty girl wouldn't hurt. The blonde was meant for a single night, but something about her keeps him coming back for more and each time he shows her a little bit more of his true self. She knows his secrets, but Vasilije Markovic d
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
4.5 "The Villain & Her Muse"

I liked this book more than Sordid! This can be read as a standalone, although I think reading that book 1st will enhance this book. The author does a great job of explaining anything pertaining to Vasilije that you might have missed in book #1.

Vasilije was really Hot. There was tons of Sex Scenes. This author made sure not to skip over all the Schmexy Deets either! I loved all the suspense swirling around Oksana & the mob war between families.

I will say, I
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
I'm so happy to have devoured V's story. I knew from book one ole boy was searching for something or rather someone. His own someone. This is their story.

As the old adage goes, when seeking revenge be sure to dig two graves. One for the soul you're after and one for yourself. This story takes revenge to another level! The overall intrigue is delicious and suspenseful! The characters and scenes are cohesive and realistic. I'm ready for more, more, MORE!

This review is my PERSONAL OPINION of the bo
Jaca Hardy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
moram da priznam da mi je "naše gore list" jako dosadan lik. podseća me na nabeđenu seljačinu sa splava. princ srpske mafije u čikagu, my ass :3
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

DNF

“I’m gonna come in your mouth,” I said, my words tight with pleasure. “You’re gonna hold my cum in there until I tell you to swallow. Got it?” Heat blasted along my legs. Shivers worked their way up. “Not a drop until I say so.”
“You like my flavor rolling around in your mouth?”
It was doubtful she’d answer, but couldn’t anyway. Her cum-drenched tongue couldn’t move under the gag I’d placed on her. I held absolute control.

I feel nauseous!

TF
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!
Kim
Nikki Sloane can write. Now before I do my review, just let say, that this is nothing like Sordid, which isn't a bad thing. For some, it may even be a good thing. While I loved Sordid, and it's questionable morals, some didn't. Which is understandable.

So if your steering clear due to the first, no worries, this one is dark, but not dubious consent dark.

giphy2

I genuinely liked Oksana, while she was in over her head, she still held her own.
"I might not outsmart the devil, but I was willing to deal wit
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Torrid is the second book in the Sordid Series, but could definitely be read as a standalone. It is sexy, dark and suspenseful!

Vasilije is making his name as nephew and next in line to Serbian mafia crime boss.

"He was the devil and tasted like sin. Dark, delicious evil."

Oksana, the illegitimate daughter of a Russian mafia king, has an agenda of her own. She is a strong, resilient heroine. Oksana really learns so much about herself and as she grows and changes, she is the catalyst that changes
Sheena
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Explosive...

All the components of the mafia genre lie within the pages of this book......Vasilije is a ruthless Serbian mafia prince and Oksana is the daughter of a Russian boss and a woman on her own personal mission.... secrets, lies, violence and revenge are the basis for their relationship ....

The world, first created by the author in Sordid, is well described and detailed.... the family rivalries and intrigues are complicated and believable... this was a fast paced story told from the dual
Nikki
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
WOW. Let's start with the obvious. Nikki Sloane can design a cover! This cover is pure perfection. It's hot, obviously. It's dark. It's dangerous. It's everything that Torrid is.
Torrid is the second book in the Sordid series. HOWEVER, it can be read as a standalone book. If the thought of a banned book doesn't sit well with you, you can read Torrid without reading Sordid. Again, this is NOT a continuation of Sordid.
Torrid is the story of Vasilije Markovic, the next-in-line of the Chicago Serbian
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4.25 stars. This was a really book! This is Oksana and Vasilije's story. Vasijile is Luka (from Sordid)'s brother. He is involved in the family business/Serbian mafia run by his Uncle Goran. Vasilije is not happy with a lot going on in the business, including the sex trade, but he is biding his time until he can takeover for his uncle. On a job for Goran, he meets Oksana, who is one of the girls being traded. Oksana is the daughter of a Russian mobster and has big secrets of her own. (view spoil ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a bit of a love affair with every Nikki Sloane book I read and I am especially fond of her forays into the dark. After reading Sordid, I was really anxious for Vasilije's story. In Torrid we get to spend an entire book learning more about this complicated and interesting character.

Vasilije Markovic is the second in line in the Serbian Mafia. He is the exact kind of anti-hero I love. He can be cold and cruel and can make you uncomfortable, but he has a charisma to him that draws you right
Val Etchepare
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book last night and it was everything I wanted it to be.

I was excited for Vasilije's story. I was a big fan of Luka and Sordid and couldn't wait to read his brother's story. He didn't disappoint. He lived up to all my expectations and then some.

One thing I loved most about this book is that I loved both characters separately but even more together. They are both strong characters individually, but for me worked so much better as a couple.

This book was very well written. The st
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an ARC that author was kind enough to offer in exchange for an honest review.

Loved this book!! Was dark, lusty, dirty and sexy. Didn't want to stop reading. So I didn't and now it's done. :-(

Vas and Oksana are not a traditional romantic couple but they are so similar that it makes sense. The way their story plays out is inevitable and packed with the push and pull that makes Nikki the writer she is.

Oksana is a complicated character who is both strong and fragile. She hasn't had an easy l
C.D.'s Canaries: Torrid by Nikki Sloane BR 28 64 Jul 13, 2017 07:41PM

Sordid (2 books)
  • Sordid (Sordid, #1)
“Luka had his hands on me in an instant, creeping around my waist and sliding up my back. “I’m gonna rattle the monster’s cage.” He brushed his lips over mine. “And then I’m gonna let her out.” As” 0 likes