Start by marking “Quest for the Three Books” as Want to Read:
Quest for the Three Books

Quest for the Three Books

(Sacred Knight #1)

The first book of the Sacred Knight series.

Steigan wants to prove himself as the best warrior and tracker. After being sent to hunt down murderous bandits, he instead discovers a lone woman. Her ancient chants draw him in. Her words haunt him as she starts him on his mission: find three books to save the world.

Can he overcome history's demons in time to keep magic from re
Published (first published April 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Quest for the Three Books, please sign up.
Dawn Blair It starts off with "The Three Books." That is actually the first book in the series. Yes, bad naming. It should have been "Search for the Three…moreIt starts off with "The Three Books." That is actually the first book in the series. Yes, bad naming. It should have been "Search for the Three Books." Oh well.

The next two books are "Manifest the Magic" and "To Birth a Destiny" in that order.

After that, there is a short novella, "History of a Dead Man," which is meant to be read between "To Birth a Destiny" and the upcoming 4th book in the series. "History of a Dead Man" is only available on Kindle, but it's also not a necessary read for the rest of the series. It's about the missing 30 years or so that my main character won't talk about. (less)

TL
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Received this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Miss Blair, for sending me the book :).
~~~~

Time discovers truth. - Seneca (Roman Philospher ) *From book's first page*
~~~~

A surprisingly fun tale :) Steigan (love the name, all the names really) is a wonderful character. Stubborn, determined, and loyal.. .I had great fun being 'at his side'

I was a little confused at first with the terms and the world, it felt like I had come into a class where everyone knew the terms but
Katie Utke
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well.....this book pleasantly surprised me. Steigan was an amazing character, and I loved all of the twists and turns (don't want to give away much- everyone should read this for themselves!). I just can't get over how much I really liked this. I've read Dawn's work before and am in love with her writing style but this was on a different note and it was amazing. CANNOT WAIT to read the next one!!!!
David Duncan
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I would like to thank goodreads. This is my twenty-first book that I have received and read. This story is about a young man by the name of Steigan, he is the youngest boy at the age of thirteen,has become a temple warrior,he goes by Dominus Steigen. Steigen has skills that he has mastered and he wants to be the best at them, they include being a tracker,and a apprentice blacksmith. Steigen in the story meets a princess, who is then sent on a journey to find three books hidden away for one thous ...more
Bonnie Dodge
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves magic and fantasies
In THE THREE BOOKS Dawn Blair creates a magical world with princesses, sacred knights, and unicorns, just to mention a few of her interesting characters. What I especially like about this book is that Blair provides a map and a list of characters so if you get lost or confused, it’s easy to get back on track. A fun read with magic, fantasies, and a world-altering quest. What’s not to like?
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Not terrible, but not particularly good, either. The story was pretty predictable, the world-building was rather poor, and the story meandered mostly pointlessly. Very little real sense of danger, so very little tension. You gotta have some tension in a story. I was mainly just bored. It took forever to really get into anything actually interesting in the story.

I also felt no connection to the characters at all, they were just flat and uninteresting to me.

The story can be fun, but only if you ra
Jessi
Kristin Stone
Janice
Wendy C
Sep 20, 2013
Come read more about my books and their progress on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dawnblairbooks/

Sacred Knight (3 books)