Start by marking “Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights” as Want to Read:
Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights

Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights

Indulge in this wonderful, cake-filled novel of romance and friendship. Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights is Sunday Times bestselling Carole Matthews doing what she does best!

Fay and Danny are madly in love and it's all Fay's ever dreamed of. But she left everything - including the delightful cake shop she used to run - to be with Danny on his cosy canal boat The Dreamc
Published October 4th 2018 by Sphere (first published October 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights

Karen Mace
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love this book!! I adored Cake Shop in the Garden, so was extremely happy to find out that there was a chance to catch up with the characters Fay and Danny! And it has been a delight from start to finish to read the latest chapter in their story!

Fay is such a wonderful character with a heart of gold, and no matter how badly people around her treat her, she will always come out smiling and trying to find the best in people. She's a better woman than me! Whilst her and Danny are enjoyi
Agi
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

Don't shake your head at me but it was a real surprise for me to see that "Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights" is a continuation of Fay and Danny's from "The Cake Shop in the Garden" adventures - it being a Carole Matthews' book I didn't take the trouble to read a synopsis, as with many other auto - buy authors, and already knowing it's going to be a fabulous, festive read.

Fay and Danny, deeply in love, are enjoying their nomadic life on the canal boat but when they get a call from Lija that S
Nessa
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Carole Matthews books and this one didn't disappoint.

Having previously read and loved her book The Cake Shop in the Garden, I was so excited to read this her new book as it meant I got to be reacquainted with all of the wonderful characters esp Fay and Danny again.

Thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish. Couldn't put it down and didn't want the story to end.
Nicola Clough
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carole never fails to disappoint at all with her books and this one was excellent and had you hooked from the first page and full of romance and families and friends and having enjoyed the first book I was looking forward to what would happen next. I also hope abut her book follows on as well as feel there is more to come. Fay and Danny are in love and left to travel in their canal boat and day gets a phone call to say her elderly neighbour to where she lived has been taken ill she knows she has ...more
Joséphine (Word Revel)
December 24, 2018

My full book review is now up on Word Revel.

_________

December 21, 2018

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Initial thoughts: I love a good Christmas story — yes, even with a huge dose of romance — around this time of the year. On that front Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights delivered for the sweetness amidst the hardships the characters faced. I adored Lija and Stan, though they were secondary characters. Rounded up with Fay and Danny, the main characters, as well as Rainbow, this book wa
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is always a treat to sit down and read a new Christmas Carole Matthews book, and within pages I knew I was in for another wonderful book from one of my all time favourite authors.

If you are a fan of Carole Matthews, then you will recognise Fay and Danny instantly from The Cake Shop in the Garden, but if you haven't read it, then don't panic, this can easily be read as a standalone too. In fact took me a short while to really remember the characters, and was so pleased to be able to spend mor
Shirley
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book, I was so excited to read Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights, I so love Danny and Stan, lovely characters and a gorgeous, cosy book, perfect for Christmas 🎄
Hannah
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sooooooo I said a while ago I wasn't sure if I'd get this book while it was only out in hardback because it doesn't fit so well on my shelves! BUT I couldn't not get it and it dropped right down in price.... and I mean it's not Christmas without a new Christmas chicklit book!

I LOVE Carole Matthews books and I adored "The Cake Shop in the Garden" when it came out. So when I realised this was another book with Fay in I couldn't resist, plus it's set at Christmas and it features lots of cake! What
Jennifer Bibby
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cakes, canal boats and Christmas - what's not to love?!
Zoe Hall
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Gorgeous book once again.

Fay, Danny, Lija, Stan, Edie and now Rainbow have become like old friends. I love this book and I love these characters. A gorgeous festive story with a sprinkling of cake, (view spoiler) and romance thrown in.

One of my favourite books by Carole Matthews. I'd highly recommend this book for a light, festive read to curl up with a nice mug of tea and a good slice of cake.
Clare
Listened to in audio format.

Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights is the follow up book to The Cake Shop In The Garden.

At the end of Cake Shop in The Garden Faye Merryweather had gone to live with Danny Wilde on his boat The Dreamcatcher.

Danny and Faye had been living a nomadic lifestyle touring the canals when Faye received a phone call from her friend an ex employee Lija. Her friend 93 year old Stan was poorly and Lija could not cope on her own.

Worried about her friend she went straight back to
Ali Bookworm
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carole Matthews never fails.tp deliver and this book was no exception. I had really enjoyed The Cake Shop in the Garden and was thrilled that this was the follow up to see how all the characters got on. All were really likeable and the story flowed well. It was a lovely festive read, no major disasters, dreadful illnesses and nobody died - just a good old fashioned fun read. AND it makes me want to live on a canal boat too.
Karen Whittard
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was so nice to return to the characters from the cake shop in the garden. I really hope this isn’t the last we see of them. I would really love another book involving them all. Lovely book with a wonderful Christmassy feel.
Helen
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
A very easy read, however I would have liked more of a story rather than ‘everyday life’.
Sharah McConville
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the next installment of Fay Merryweather's story. I hope there's more to come!
Nicole
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books, chic-lit
It wouldn't be that most wonderful time of year without a new novel from beloved British author, Carole Mattthews. This year Matthews brings us Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights, the sequel to her popular The Cake Shop In The Garden. While it is always ideal to read the prequel, this can be read as a stand-a-lone as Matthews provides just the right amount of background information for new readers. While it's difficult to imagine a freezing cold Christmas that brings snow in Australia, Matthew ...more
booksofallkinds
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delicious cakes, a beautiful setting, and characters that feel like family are all awaiting you among the pages of CHRISTMAS CAKES & MISTLETOE NIGHTS by Carole Matthews.

Fay is finally happy and completely in love with Danny, the man of her dreams. Life on the canals definitely has its challenges but The Dreamcatcher really does feel like home and nothing beats cuddling up with Danny on a frosty evening. Yes, Fay misses her old friends and her childhood home where she ran her cafe, but she i
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
What a lovely book to kick start my Christmas reading with! It was so great to be back with Fay and her perfectly imperfect mismatched family over Christmastime. This book was a heartwarming and cosy read about family, friendship and of course baking! I loved how this book shows that you don't have to have lots of money to have a lovely Christmas, just those that you love around you. These characters are my favourite that Carole Matthews has ever written (especially lovely Stan!) and I really ho ...more
Jo
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this follow up to The Cake Shop in the Garden - didn't want to put it down. Enjoyed meeting up with all the old characters and finding out what has happened to them. I don't want to post any spoilers but this is a fantastic feel good story. Hope there is another installment.
Louise Mackin
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic follow on to The cake shop in the garden, it was great to be back with the characters and to find out what they were up to.
A nice easy christmassy read that was ideal to pick and put down over the festive period.
It would be nice to read another installment in the future, here's hoping Carole Matthews writes one.
Debbie Austick
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It carried on with the same characters from the Cake Shop in the Garden. An easy read but a great story line. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I found Rainbow so irritating!
Estelle Golding
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the continued saga of Fay and Danny. Just a nice, easy to read romance story.
Vickie Richens
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book. Loved it
Amanda
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved returning to the cake shop in the garden. It was like revisiting old friends but it left me wondering if there will be another book in the series. I really hope so!
Hannah Symonds
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story follows on from The cake shop in the garden which I would recommend reading first as you can get a bit of background and also meet some of the lovely characters. I really find Fay lovely as she puts everyone before herself. I am not too keen on her sister Edie though, I thought when she came back that she might cause trouble. It was great to catch up with all the old characters but also to meet some new characters. You wont be disappointed. I love Stan bless him he is such a lovely ma ...more
Zoe_reading_queen
Brilliant as Carole Matthews always is x
Julie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet Christmas read. A nice bit of romance with some difficult times along the way. An easy read which gets you in the Christmas mood.
Angela
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the story. After reading the previous book I wondered whatever became of Fay and Danny and now I have an answer. It was nice to see the previous book's characters and see how life's been progressing for them. It was a quick and easy read with a nice holiday setting.
Sam
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an early copy of this book and I couldn't put it down. Received on Friday and finished on Monday morning, it's a fabulous read about real characters. It's written in such a way that readers can visualise the story, it feels as if I've watched it on TV!

Author Carole Matthews has not disappointed with this Christmas novel. It is the follow up to "The Cake Shop In The Garden" which is a firm favourite of mine.

The story returns to the life of the cafe, and all who resides
Kat Robson
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves contemporary reads around the festive time of year. I fell in love with this book. This book follows on from a previous book called the cake shop in the garden but it isn't necessary to read it first but I am glad I had done because you get the background information, that being said, it can be a single read as there's enough information to understand the basis of the previous book.
Carole Matthews writes brilliantly and interjects so much passion
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel
  • It Must Have Been the Mistletoe
  • Snowed in for Christmas
  • A Christmas Cracker
  • A Proper Family Christmas (Benson Family, #2)
  • The Winter Wedding
  • Christmas Under a Starlit Sky (A Town Called Christmas #2)
  • Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market
  • The Honey Farm on the Hill
  • The House of New Beginnings
  • Christmas at the Crescent
  • A Christmas Gift
  • A Vintage Christmas
  • Honeymoon Suite
  • A Gingerbread Cafe Christmas (The Gingerbread Cafe, #1-3)
  • Out of Tune
  • My Big Fat Christmas Wedding
  • A Winter Beneath the Stars
Carole Matthews is an international bestselling author of hugely successful romantic comedy novels. Her unique sense of humour has won her legions of fans and critical acclaim all over the world.

A Minor Indiscretion and A Compromising Position both reached the Top 5 in the Sunday Times bestseller chart in the UK. You Drive Me Crazy reached number 8 in the original fiction charts. The novel Welcom