Start by marking “Surviving the Hurricane (UK Crush Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Surviving the Hurricane (UK Crush Book 5)

Surviving the Hurricane

(UK Crush #5)

Birdie has met the boys of UK Crush, fallen in love with Teddy, and become engaged to him in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge. She's accompanied the boys to the Bahamas while they write their new album, and settled in to her new life as the significant other of a world famous rock star. Now, due to cataclysmic events beyond her control, she finds herself alone and adrift ...more
Published June 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Surviving the Hurricane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving the Hurricane

Leanecar T.
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Lucky girl"....that's how Aileen "Tinker Bell" Foster defined herself after she met the boys. Her life change in a spun of a moment. She had a glamorous life with Teddy, won a prestigious classical music audition, got engaged and enjoying fame with the boys. But fame has a lot to offer and they faced a new set of disaster that would change their life.

This Book offers a lot of challenges and Tani brought out each character. Readers of this book might go crazy as me!!! lol!!! You better be prepar
Mel B.
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS SERIES!

I absolutely adore this series! Birdie and Teddy's relationship and subsequent forever love is so beautiful to read and just gets better with each book. This book was heart wrenching, won't lie, I cried! I'm devastated by what happened to Birdie and sickened by the events...I won't lie, I had hoped that she was attacked but not (we'll have what happened happen to her) it was almost TOO MUCH for me. On that end, I'm REALLY upset that the perpetrators of the heinous crime haven't
Kelly
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good next book

This book was obviously much darker than the others. Quite upsetting, but I felt it was written in a lovely way. Not just for shock value. I recommend.
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Book four ended in a shocking cliffhanger, I literally had no idea what had happened but I did know it was bad. At the beginning of Surviving the Hurricane we meet Tinker Bell in a hospital bed, waking up from a coma where she doesn’t recognise Teddy or any of the UK Crush boys. What she has been through is devastating, traumatic and the stuff of nightmares.

I found reading what she was put through hard and heartbreaking, knowing she couldn’t r
Ruthie Ryan
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, slow-building romance!

Wow. That's all I can say. This book dealt with some really dark stuff, but it was handled really well. I felt the slow return to normalcy was amazing and so romantic. Teddy and Tink deserve every happiness together after all they've been through. Well done. Can't wait for the next book to see if Tink's recovery continues and she regains all her memories and skills. Minus one star because the book was almost too dark for me.
Ann
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WHAT? ? ? ?
WHAT again?????????
Noooooooooooo, Tani please 😭.
Nothing, absolutely nothing prepared me for this darkness! That's so terrible for one person, especially my darling Tink/Birdie.

The reason for Aileen's lose of memory has been revealed, in the worst possible way and as dark as it can be 😢 .

At a point, I lost the courage to keep reading. Since the unknown was heart wrenching, it became a challenge.
Geth and his emotions like that of a volcano, along with a temper as fiery as his red hai
KHAIRUNNISSA
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading this UK Crush Series by Tani Hanes. I was hooked from Book 1 and can't wait for the final book which I fervently hope will be a happy ending. This book, yes, it is quite long but hey you will enjoy each chapters and also learn few new words here and there. I love all the characters in this book. No matter that Birdie (as she was called by Teddy@Theodore) is somewhat too good and too brilliant to be true, but hey, this is a book and the characters are created by the author ...more
Mandy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book really played alot with my emotions at first I was overwhelmed with sadness and pity for Tink , Teddy ,and the boys and then things started to get significantly brighter, I started to really love and really appreciate the series, the characters, and the author more. Not only was this book a real inspiration but it was also a real eye opener. Drama is one way of describing this book but their is beautiful drama in this book and their is also an amazing journey within it. I love thi ...more
Shaha Kadzo
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a heartbreakingly good book!
You just don't want to stop reading.
Teddy and Tink are angaged but something terrible happens that tests the strength of their relationship. Fate tests them and in this book is where we know if they are meant to be or they were just supposed to be friends.
All relationships have ups and downs, but will they survive this deep and dark trench!

Simply, totally worth reading!
LOVE IT!
Emmanuella
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried for the first few chapters that’s all I did. This book took a sudden turn and we were catapulted from all the peace and love that Tinker Bell has been experiencing in the past books into something very dark and disturbing.

I can only describe it as a rollercoaster ride. Which was executed to perfection. Through all the madness and turmoil we get to see Tink fall in love all over again. It was hard to read but I could do it all over again. Complete 10/10.
Mel
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading "Surviving the Hurricane" was like going on an emotional rollercoaster, with more ups and downs than the series has had before. The author has included the social issues of rape and victim blaming into the story and has shown beautifully how love and friendship helped Birdie process the trauma of the terrible things that had happened to her.
Lexi
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is heartbreaking to say the least. The struggles that Birdie goes through shows readers the ups and downs of life. Even with her assault and her memory loss trying to break her, Birdie never loses faith. Truly amazing!
Anna Kaling
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the most powerful book of the UK Crush series, for me. Birdie has so much trauma to recover from, and each of the boys deals with it in their own way, too. It stuck with me for a long time.
Aisa Ortiz
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cried a lot here...but im so glad that teddy and tinks relationship became stronger. .
Kelechi
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tani is so amazing. This book made me cry and laugh. It makes one so emotional, Tinker Bell sees herself as lucky but the most unforgiving thing had to happen to her. I am happy that she survived and I hope everything works out well for her and Teddy. Can't wait to read the rest of the book. It is a must read I recommend.
Simonne
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
*This book was received for free in compensation of an honest review.*

I feel like a broken record, because I’m going to start off this review with the exact same word I began the last. Wow. Seriously. There are no other words for this book. The entire series, actually.

This was BY FAR the darkest book of the series (so far). It also happens to be the one I binge-read the most. Reading the first few books not too long ago, I could never have predicted the direction this story would go in. It was s
Bryon
Apr 22, 2018
Heather Reid
Jun 14, 2017
Notgonewiththewind
This book start with the shocking revelations and most heart shattering truth. The assumptions of the 4th end book come true in this book.
This book is hard to read i confess. The world we live we always thinks its secure. We knows its not but we never accept it. The topic you focus on this book is very sensitive and I hats off to you the way you handle it. All felt real in this book. Their emotions are perfect its not get overboard and the way you show how Geth Mat and Ro think i like it. Every
deborah ginsberg
Jul 24, 2019
Efrossini
Oct 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
I was born in Japan, raised in central California, and am now lucky enough to live in New York City. I've wanted to write for so long, and decided to celebrate my birthday by finally doing it! Anyone, everyone who wants to, DO IT. Write what you love, what makes you happy, otherwise what's the point? There's nothing like getting a tearful text from an advance copy beta reader asking, "Why?? Why di ...more

UK Crush (7 books)
  • Living in the Shallows (UK Crush #1)
  • Diving Deep (UK Crush Book 2)
  • Learning to Fly (UK Crush #3)
  • Before the Tempest (UK Crush, #4)
  • I Cried to Dream Again (UK Crush Book 6)
  • Thousands of Candles (UK Crush Book 7)