Start by marking “The Gender End (The Gender Game, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Gender End (The Gender Game, #7)

The Gender End

(The Gender Game #7)

The breathtaking, earth-shattering GRAND FINALE of the bestselling Gender Game series.

Return to Matrus and Patrus one last time...
Pre-order now!
Published July 10th 2017 by Nightlight (first published July 9th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Gender End, please sign up.
Jamee
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Gender End (The Gender Game, #7)
Eleanor
Aug 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Thank goodness that's over. I can't believe I read 7 of these books... There's enough plot for maximum of 3 books, all the battles are the same, and Violet and Viggo's voices are too similar - does she not have an editor??

Firstly - a book that is predicated on gender, and not a single LGBT+ character? It was such a perfect set up for an interesting trans story, or a gay character (at one point I thought Owen's "you're not my type" comment to Violet could have gone somewhere interesting) but no,
Katie_Living_in_Bookland
Spoilers for the last few books and mild spoilers for this one.

3.5 star rating, maybe 3.75.

I started reading the Gender Game series at the beginning of the year and loved them from the first page. I absolutely loved the first four books. They had a great storyline and the characters were wonderful. When one book was finished I couldn't wait to dive into the next. Now, while I did enjoy the last three books, I can definitely say they weren't what I was expecting and I was a bit disappointed.

The
Aryana Parmar
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! IT'S OVER!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

I absolutely loved this series... and all the characters... and all the heartfelt love... and maybe I even loved the hate because it's what brought all the spice into the story, y'know, the spice. (The 'spice' is supposed to be italicized, but Goodreads doesn't let me do that, it's supposed to emphasize the word, y'know?) Anyways, y'all should read the series, 'cuz it's pretty cool, y'know. Yeah.
lacy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, library-reads, f, 2018
Oh man. This is the end. The end of one of the most interesting series I have read in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. On my blog, I will do a Gender Game series review. But for now, this will be a review about just The Gender End.

I struggled to rate this book. I really did. I went back and forth between 3 (three) and 4 (four) stars. I felt it didn't deserve three stars but I wasn't sure if it deserved four stars either. I loved parts of it. Like (view spoiler)
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Fall of Queen Elena - 4.5 stars....

The Gender End is the seventh and final book in The Gender Game series. I've been following the series since book one so I've been waiting for this finale for a while and was glad to finally get some closure.

Violet and Viggo along with their group of Matrus and Patrus refugees, head to Matrus to make a stand against Queen Elena to take her down once and for all. Going up against a psycho Queen though, means the fight was not without many struggles and
Kayla
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I do feel the authors writing has came a long way but that can't Shadow the fact this series went on far too long. Even with all these books in the series, some things felt rushed like the romance and the character development.
Bryn
Jul 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Well, this was an entirely unfulfilling experience. On the plus side, I'm finally done with this hell dimension of a series. On the minus side, I spent two weeks trying to read this stupid book and got nothing out of it. This entire series was a rushed, stretched out, virtually unedited dumpster fire. Christ, this sucked.

The worldbuilding somehow got progressively worse. There's just a whole lot of genetically modified creatures now. That's a thing, I guess. The societies make less sense. The
Blaire Hammond
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THAT WAS AMAZING. I AM SO EMOTIONAL. I CANT BELIEVE THIS SERIES IS OVER. :"( BUT SERIOUSLY I AM SO HAPPY, SAD, SPEECHLESS AND AM JUST FULL OF LOVE FOR THESE CHARACTERS. WONDERFUL.

Old Caption Before Reading:
I don't want this series to end, I just love these characters so much. :(
Emily
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seriously....awesome series!! I felt like some of it could've been dwindled down to make fewer books but I realize that without all the extra, it wouldn't have been good world or character building. This is a first for me for this author and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this. Definitely check this series out!!
Quietstream
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and happy ending to The Gender Game series!
Judy Lewis
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY RIVETING !!!
Title: The Gender End
Series: The Gender Game
Author: Bella Forrest
Designation: Book 7 & Conclusion to Series, Full-Length Novel (App 400 Pages), Not A Standalone, No Cliffhanger #fantasy #dystopian #action #adventure #romance #youngadult #comingofage
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Divinely Entertaining Stars*****
Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! I love, love, love this series! I've been a diehard Bella Forrest fan for several years and have read (and reread) every
Trista
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I finally finished this freaking series! It took me forever, mostly because I only half wanted to finish it. The other half of me wanted to give up on it because it was TOO. DAMN. LONG. Seriously, this series could have been whittled down to about three books' worth of content. There was so much back and forth, twists and turns, and random developments that it made me wonder if the author really knew what she wanted to do with it, or if she just thought she'd throw in every last idea she could ...more
Robbi Leah  Freeman
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Entire series read before review. 3 1/2 stars This series was a fun distraction but way to unrealistic. Basically there are two sides the male and female. Gender relations bad and several groups fighting throughout books.
The author has a firm grasp on fighting scenes but love/relationship scenes are forced. Characters are well done. But these characters get the crap beat out of them, including one with a fractured skull but are out fighting almost immediately, even though they are supposed to
Doug
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's time for me to say goodbye to Violet and Viggio. I enjoyed this entire series. Throughout the series I experienced a love-hate relationship with Violet mainly and sometimes Viggio but overall it's hard to not root for the main characters. The gender game series will always be one of my favorites.
Monroe
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
3.75 stars- I am happy that despite not really enjoying book 1, the cliffhanger made me read on to book 2... and now I have completed book 7. This series was filled with an unbelievable amount of twists and turns, and although they were sometimes hard to keep up with, they made me want to keep reading. Also the character development was amazing in this series. My top 3 characters were probably Ms. Dale, Jeff and Thomas.
Also, I now really want to read The Girl Who Dared to Think, thanks to a
Evan Burnside
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Desire to read is real
Shaun
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good series. For the last two books, I was starting to feel like it was dragging on too long. But now that I'm finished, I miss it. I remember rolling my eyes at the beginning of the series about the overly simplistic notions of gender ("Matrus" and "Patrus"??). I certainly wouldn't come to this series expecting thought-provoking philosophical epiphanies. You'll be disappointed if you do. But it's action packed. There's never a dull moment. And it teaches young readers good values ...more
Jaimie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was great. As good as it was, I feel like 7 books is too much. I feel like the story could be accurately told in maybe 5 books. It was still a great series though and I am sad to see it end.

You know when you are so involved in a good book you grow so attached to characters as if they were actually your friends. That's how I felt with these characters. Going into a war you know you're going to lose some people and you're dreading it but it needs to happen because not everyone
Donna
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful ending to such an engaging series. I love the characters and I hate when some of them are killed off. I loved that this book brought together all the my favorite couples. I enjoyed reading about them falling in love. I don't miss King Maxen, Queen Elena or Desmond. I am curious out the people in the Outlands. There is a story there that really wasn't told. I am looking forward to reading other series by this author.
Siddeeqa
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was really disappointed with the ending of this series, the last two books were so monotonous and boring I could literally guess the characters next moves. Sorry not sorry. The beginning of the series was great, really intriguing and I couldn’t put the book down, I really wished the ending would be just as enthralling... ...more
Lily Marie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I've been halfway through this book since it was released. I'm having a really hard time getting into it.
16DunkleyL
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a thrilling end to the series full of action heartbreak and justice. It became very tense at points but others were heartfelt moments of family reunions. It also included links to the sequel series which I had already read which was a good build up and had a well rounded ending where most of the characters had completed their story arcs and the countries were at peace and united and the infrastructure was being rebuilt.
Molly
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sad to see this series end.....on the the spin off series next!
Carol Rewick
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the series!
Shannon White
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good

Omg i didn't want it to end!! I'm going to miss Violet, Viggo and the gang! Not gonna lie i cried at the end!! can't wait to read the other series Bella has out there!
Kristin
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the way the series ended. There were moments during the series I lost interest but it was a great series overall. I would recommend it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Lyndsey Parker
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
WARNING spoilers for whole series.

I have to say I am relieved to get to the end of this series. I did not enjoy reading the series and read to the end only because I was invested just enough to want to find out what happened. It was recommended to me as something to read if you loved Hunger Games and I really don't think the plot or writing was on a par with Hunger Games.
I thought the original premise was really interesting, with the societies ruled by different genders, and hoped meaningful
Julie Foster
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall, this series was okay. The writing wasn't the greatest, but I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened to the characters. Throughout the series, the point of view changes each chapter, usually between Violet and Viggo. When you're reading through it, it's easy to forget who's talking because the characters thoughts and words are just too similar. They would say phrases that the other character has just said. I just wish there was more of a different in the sound of their ...more
Marissa
Mar 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cat
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
As much as I enjoyed this series, I am kind of glad it ended; 7 books was probably 4 too many. Will stick to trilogy's from now on......
Don't be put off, very good...but got a bit same old after book 5.....
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Immersed (Configured, #2)
  • Actualized (Configured #3)
  • Configured (Configured, #1)
  • Numbers Ignite (Numbers Game, #2)
  • Numbers Raging (Numbers Game, #3)
  • Numbers Game (Numbers Game, #1)
  • Defender (The Enhanced #9)
  • Invader (The Enhanced #7)
  • Captive (The Enhanced #5)
  • Avenger (The Enhanced #8)
  • Rebellion (The Resistance Trilogy Book 3)
  • Nameless (The Enhanced #3)
  • Assassin (The Enhanced #4)
  • Renegade (The Enhanced #6)
  • Parallax (The Starfire Wars, #3)
  • Dark Matter (The Starfire Wars, #2)
  • Starfire (The Starfire Wars, #1)
  • Hybrid (The Enhanced #2)
Bella Forrest is a lover of fantasy, romance, action, and mystery infused stories with twists you don’t see coming. She has sold over seven million books since her first novel was published in 2012.

*LATEST RELEASES*:
Darklight 5: Darktide
A Shade of Vampire 85: A Shard of Soul
Harley Merlin 15: Finch Merlin and the Everlasting Vow

Sign up to Bella's New Release email list and you'll automatically

The Gender Game (7 books)
  • The Gender Game (The Gender Game, #1)
  • The Gender Secret (The Gender Game, #2)
  • The Gender Lie (The Gender Game, #3)
  • The Gender War (The Gender Game, #4)
  • The Gender Fall (The Gender Game, #5)
  • The Gender Plan (The Gender Game, #6)
“Isn’t that the point of love—to be ridiculous with, to, and for each other?” 2 likes
“plant had gotten you?” 1 likes