Start by marking “Not His Werewolf (Not This, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not His Werewolf (Not This, #2)

Not His Werewolf

(Not This #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  577 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
After being disowned and labelled human because she can’t shift, Betty Newman rescues unwanted dogs to fulfill her need for pack. Being rejected by her birth pack was enough pain for a lifetime and she’ll do anything to avoid subjecting herself to their prejudices.

Things change when Ken Birch wakes in her kennel still in wolf form and declares she’s his soul mate. His pre
Published July 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Not His Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not His Werewolf

Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
Well now. What a lovely way to start the New Year reading.

There is something really wrong with this review around this part. I swear it thinks it's the Bermuda Triangle and consequently keeps making my words disappear.
(Consequently. Look at me, using all big words. xD)

Because of God forsaken exams I'm only now just getting to my first book of the year. (Why no, I'm still in between tests.)

I don't know about you but there's a lot of anxiety surrounding my first book of the year. I'm not supersti
Judy Lewis
Designation: Book 2, Full-Length Standalone Paranormal Romance, NO Cliffhanger
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Delightfully Entertaining Stars*****
**I read this book using the Amazon Kindle Unlimited Program
I love, love, love Not His Werewolf, the second outrageously cute release in the Not This Series by Annie Nicholas! I became completely smitten after reading Not His Dragon, the first delightful r
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
I love these books!

I also love Annie's writing style. As I say in all of my reviews of Annie-books, she has the perfect balance of heat and humor, and they always leave me with a smile and wanting more!

In addition, she has a unique talent for writing shifters. She gives them human qualities in their animal form and vice-versa, and she does it in such a way that I've never really seen done before.

I was really cheering for Betty. She couldn't shift, and that left her in limbo between the human and
T.M. Payne
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Not his Werewolf: Shifter Romance (Not This Series Book 2)
Author: Annie Nicholas
Publication Date: 7/24/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

This was a delightful and funny story. We are back in New Port, and this time it's the wolf pack who has a big issue or do they?
Pack and family mean everything to Betty but when she had to leave hers due to not being whole wolf, she chose to live as a human.
Ryota didn't want to lose his adopted son Ken but if he
Ellen
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story.
Rayanne Haines
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
The thing is, I really like these books! I like the characters - a lot! The sarcasm and wit are awesome but there is some part of me that thinks the relationship hurdles and central defining issues are resolved too quickly. No spoilers but . . . really, Eoin? That being said - It's a super fun book. I'm on to book three!
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
What Is It About:
Betty is a half-werewolf that can't shift. She was thrown from her childhood pack as she's now considered human. She now runs her own animal shelter out of her apartment. Her best friend is the new dog-catcher. She shows up at Betty's house with a knocked-out werewolf in the back of her van. When Ken wakes up in a dog cage in an animal rescue shelter, he isn't angry. He's hungry and happy that he's finally found his soulmate and she was under his nose the entire time: Betty. But
frances dunning
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Puppy love and more

I absolutely loved Angie and Erion story, so I couldn't wait to read Betty and Kens story. It was funny, I laughed and cried it was an emotional read. Romantic and full of family antics that kept you on your toes. Wonderful characters to fall in love with leaving you ready for the next story.
Shelly
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book for from the author and it does not affect my review. Betty cannot shift even though she is a shifter. She can feel in her bones that she is a shifter. Since she cannot shift, she is banned from her home wolf pack and has to go and live the in human world. Slhe starts a pet adoption home. She makes this her pack. She has few human friends and no shifter friends, just family. Ken is the beta of his wolf pack and his father is the alpha. He likes to run with the stray dogs he ...more
Lisa books
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wolf

Betty is a half shifter -a human by pack law. But the local pack beta has just claimed her as a soul mate. A fun hot story.
Country Goose
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Good

Enjoyable, though the reason for the conflict seemed like a cop-out and a cheaper version of Not His Dragon. It was disappointing with very little drama for its potential.
Sheila
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment in Annie Nicholas’s “Not His Series”. It features the town of New Port. Betty Newman is a wolf shifter that has never shifted. She was removed from her pack for being defective. As all wolf shifters need a pack, Betty has created her own. Betty owns and operated the only animal shelter for unwanted dogs and cats in New Port. These unwanted pets become Betty’s pack. She devotes her life to these animals and their well-being.
One night Betty’s friend who works in ani
Cinzia
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I couldn’t wait to read "Not His Werewolf" by Annie Nicholas, I love reading her stories about shifters, so full magic.
She writes the kind of romance I like the most, without unnecessary drama and betrayal, full of irony, passion and that make you fall in love with the protagonists of the story, but also with the people around them.
"Not His Werewolf" is the second book in “Not This Series”, and it’s Ken and Betty’s story, it can be read as stand alone, since the first book was Eoin and Angie’s s
Mona Livsey
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an incredibly sweet story! Shifters have one true wish and that is to find their one and only, their Soulmates. It is a difficult wish to fulfill for many but not for Ken Birch, his problem was convincing Betty Newman of that fact. Betty left her pack at 18. When she was unable to shift, forcing her to accept the human side of her life instead of the Shifter half. Being forced out of her pack left lasting scars on Betty, some she really never wants to encounter again. But then Ken enters he ...more
Kathi
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating wolf shifter story!!!

Betty runs an animal shelter. They have become her pack since she was unable to shift at age 18, was declared “human” and removed from the pack where she grew up. When her assistant accidentally darts a werewolf, Betty triggers his mate radar…but you can’t have a human as a soulmate. Years of burying the hurt come roaring back as her past is revisited.

Ken is intrigued by the challenge Betty presents. A date that should have been a disaster turns humorous and fun
Elizabeth Connor
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm never disappointed in a book from Annie Nicholas and this was no exception. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I feel fortunate every time I get one from Annie Nicholas.

I had already read Not His Dragon, which I enjoyed, so it was fun to see how these characters were connected to the others. Betty & Ken shared a soulmate bond, but Betty was unable to shift, so it didn't make sense. The reason for her inability to shift was unexpected, and the outcome was happily predict
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
I loved the start of Not his Werewolf. Animal control shot a tranquilizer dart into a werewolf and then had a panic attack. Betty Newman, a werewolf who cannot shift, comes to the rescue and the unexpected happens. When Ken Birch wakes up in the cage at Betty's animal shelter he knows he has found his soul mate but nothing is as easy he he thinks it will be. I loved Betty and how she tries to take care of everyone around her. Ken is so mixed up and confused. Finding his soul mate was not suppose ...more
Trescina Bell
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

Awesome read! I couldn't put it down. It had me from beginning to the end. Lol. The reason she couldn't shift was a great twist. Loved it!
Fran
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A joy to read.

Betty has a load of grief to overcome in her life since she can't claim her shifter half since she's never been able to shift and that resulted in her being kicked out of her pack. All that changes when friend halls a werewolf into her animal rescue shelter. As Ken groggily wakes up he scents his soul mate and sees Betty. Thus begins a fun story of learning to overcome the short comings of life to successfully reach a much deserved HEA.
Linda Levine
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this authors paranormal romances. I loved the storyline and the characters in this book. You really feel for her and all the pain she has experienced. She so wants to belong. He give her hope but loving and trusting in him is a great risk. They have amazing chemistry and I was hooked into the story right away. I wanted her to get a happy ending but the author kept me guessing.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Jane
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story

Great story. I really liked the characters. The heroine was a bit whiney, over all fairly kick ass, but when she got on the whiney self doing trips it was hard to like her.
I really like these characters, I look forward to continuing this series. Four stars cause it needs a tiny bit more editing.
Jade Wilson
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. the characters were 3 dimensional and you get sucked into the story. I was worried I wouldn't like this one as much as her first ( not his dragon) but it kept me just as gripped. I love the new characters and the depth of the ones in the first book. it has kept me up to the morning hours again. I shall be sleep deprived but a good book is worth it.
Estance Moriarty
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-quite-good
I really liked it. Good world developpement, some character growth, which these types of story rarely have. A complex view of hierarchy with no "evil villains" but people with nuanced positions.
I skipped the sex scenes, but they were only a few paragraph to skip, really, again, a good surprise for this kind of story.
I look forward to reading the rest of the serie.
Amanda Haskins
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

Absolutely wonderful second book in this series. I cannot wait for the next one to come out. Keep up the good work.
Suzan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Betty and Ken are perfect together and I loved seeing Ryota from Ken's view and meeting Ryota's parents. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
becky blanton
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So fun

This is a great fun shifter series. It's all enjoyment and a good option for anyone who love romance with some magic!
Sharon McDonnell
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, it is the second installment in the Not His series, I am so delighted there is a third one ready for me to read. It has the perfect amount of humor and romance combined. I love the fact that this stand alone novel brought in characters from the first book. This is a book I would highly recommend.
GONZA
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebk
This series of Annie Nicholas is growing on me very fast, unluckily I still have only another one to read, but through the grapevine I heard that the book with the gargoyle is almost ready :)

Questa serie di Annie Nicholas mi sta piacendo sempre di piú, anche se purtroppo ora me ne manca solo uno da leggere, comunque "ho sentito" che il libro sul gargoyle é quasi pronto... :)
Lexie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
So...I didn't like the resolution to this one, even though the ending essentially broiled down to the same thing as Not His Dragon.

There be spoilers beyond this point
(view spoiler)
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter
Book 2 in the not this series

Betty is a half shifter, she doesn’t fit in has not pack... just the one she made herself of rescue dogs at the rescue centre she owns and works at. Betty’s bestfriend, a dog warden brings in a tranked were shifter. Who she believed was attackin stray dogs..: ken was out on a run with his pets! Ken who is the beta werewolf, son of the alpha of new port. As soon as he meets Betty he knows she is the one for him...even if a non shifting mate will put him and his whole
Annie Nicholas hibernates in the rural, green mountains of Vermont where she dreams of different worlds, heroes, and heroines. When spring arrives the stories pour from her, in hopes to share them with the masses one day.

Mother, daughter, wife are some of the hats she happily wears while trudging after her cubs through the hills and dales. The four seasons an inspiration and muse.

Not This (4 books)
  • Not His Dragon (Not This, #1)
  • Not His Vampire (Not This, #3)
  • Not Her Gargoyle (Not This, #4)
“The tiger and lion may be more powerful but the wolf does not perform in the circus.” 0 likes