Start by marking “Absolution” as Want to Read:
Absolution

Absolution

Declan James was the perfect guy.
He was sweet. Charming. Caring. Until he wasn’t.

Fourteen years ago, his actions tore apart my family. He ruined my sister’s life and nothing was ever the same again. But now, a decade later, he’s back.

When he walks into my office, asking for my help, I’m shocked, but nothing prepares me for what I’m about to learn. I see how far he’s gone
Published June 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolution

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Absolution (stand-alone). Hanny crosses paths with man responsible for shattering her family! Double guilt for their attraction since he is now a priest!

“We’re both embarrassed and ashamed, but for different reasons. He’s betraying his God and I’m betraying my sister.”

Absolution (stand-alone) follows child protective officer Hannah Masters, Hanny fifteen years after her life was irrevocably changed. Priest and ex-convict Declan James, Dec is the person responsible for wrecking her fa
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis is a really great cover. Good representation of the story. Great composition. Interesting and eye-catching typography.description

descriptionThere is something about this author's writing that pushes me to step out of my box and read a book I would usually avoid like the plague. Be it a non-traditional HEA or in this case (view spoiler)

I enjoyed this one a lot. It was well-written, and I found it well-paced (if a little rushed at the end, but more about that in a bit.) No OW/OM dr
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REVIEW ALSO ON MY BLOG
⚛ ABSOLUTION - KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS ⚛

ABSOLUTION: is a standalone ‘Contemporary Romance’ by Missy Johnson. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ (Declan - Priest & Hannah - Child Services Case Worker)

This was so easy to get into, as soon as you start reading the ‘Prologue’ you're so immersed in the story seconds, minutes, hours just fly by and before you know it you've reached the end of the story.

We meet a struggling family suffering from the death of a sister
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 17, 2017 Natalie The Biblioholic rated it really liked it
There were so many elements about this story that made it interesting. For one the hero was a priest. Then you add in the fact that he was the convicted rapist of the heroine's sister, a sister who eventually committed suicide. Can you imagine falling in love with someone like that? An abandoned little girl forces these two into close quarters and Hannah is having a hard time being around the man who had a hand in taking her sister from her, no matter the fact that he's now a priest. But things ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

We're in Melbourne, Australia
Hannah is a social worker.
After her sister killed herself after being raped 14 years ago, Hannah wanted to give her life meaning by helping others. And she's doing just that now by pulling a mom and her six-year-old daughter out of a dangerous home situation. But the mom goes back again that night - just like they so often do. And her boyfriend kills her.
The little girl meanwhile finds a home with priest Declan.
Who is no other than the guy who spent four jears in jai
Shari Kay
Jun 22, 2017 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it
The sibling thing is not a trope I like but mainly because I can't imagine how this could end in a HEA
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Absolution - act of absolving; a freeing from blame or guilt; release from consequences, obligations, or penalties.

Wow, so much happens in this story, it took me on a huge emotional ride.

Hannah works in Child Protection Services. The past two years has given her a huge understanding and empathy for children affected by their circumstances. A lot of cases she is involved are family violence where she often sees repeat victims and offenders. On some occasions she gets frustrated with outcomes an
Missy Johnson
May 02, 2017 Missy Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Are you DYING to read this, cause I can't FREAKING WAIT to release it!!! Coming June 28th

ABSOLUTION ~ (unedited excerpt):

“You’re not the first person to be shocked by my choice of calling.”

“Your family?” I guess. He nods. “I’m assuming they probably had bigger and better things in mind for you, but it’s a step up from rapist right?” His eyes widen and I cringe. Shit, I can’t believe I just said that.

“I can see why you might think that, but my father is very anti-religion, so I’m not sure he wou
Lindsay
Jun 18, 2017 Lindsay rated it really liked it
I'll admit, while the blurb for this book intrigued me, I was also nervous.

I'm not one that's typically into priests or romance on the religious side, so going in, I was in foreign territory. But while Declan was a priest, the book wasn't really religious, it wasn't being shoved down my throat.

There was also the issue of Declan's past...with what he was accused & convicted of, I was really curious as to how he was going to be redeemed. Without giving anything away, I will say that I called
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.
Review to come...
Mirjam
Jun 28, 2017 Mirjam rated it really liked it

The story begins with a struggling family suffering from the death of a daughter and a sister, Cecily, who got caught up in the typical rich bad boy. Cecily is raped and is unable to deal with it and commits suicide. Putting her family in even bigger turmoil.
Her sister, Hannah 10 years, hates Declan James, the boy who raped her sister, with a vengeance blaming him for the desperation her family is in.

The story skips with Hannah Masters being 24, working as a case worker for Child Protection. S
Marah
Jun 15, 2017 Marah rated it really liked it

An ARC of Absolution by Missy Johnson was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

Hannah Masters is a woman who cares about her job and strives to make the lives of the people she helps better. She knows every case doesn't always end well, but she doesn't let that stop her from trying her hardest. She knows the world and the people in it can be cruel.

Hannah's been through so much. She has suffered so much. She has lost the ones she's cared about. She's struggling in her day-to-day operation
Romance Readers Retreat
Jun 28, 2017 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I'm always a sucker for books involving Priests, but was excited that Absolution by Missy Johnson was not your typical story in that sub genre. There was healthy doses of angst here and a great taste of the forbidden, but everything was in moderation and never felt over the top.

Hannah works for child protective services and her most recent case is heartbreaking. Amanda is in an abusive relationship and it turns deadly, leaving her little girl an orphan. When she finds out who has taken
Saunders
I am sure like a number of Catholics reading this you have a conflict of the written story and what would actually realistically happen in the real world.

yes this is fiction and that is where i have s major BUT..............

Hannah Masters hid from herself, her wants from life and really blamed life on everything instead of making the right decisions to make her life a proper life. I found it difficult to believe that a 10 year old would remember what happened to her sister and keep that hatred i
Kimberlys
Jun 09, 2017 Kimberlys rated it it was amazing
This was my Missy Johnson book; I can tell you will not be my last either. This book isfull of love, angst, suspense, redemption; her writing is amazing and this book held my attention all the way through. I really enjoyed it immensely, finding it difficult to put down.

I loved Hannah and Declan, their relationship, the problems were so unique and very well thought out and developed, nothing seemed contrived just to create issues. The chemistry between the two of them was great,very believable a
Stacy Hahn
Jun 28, 2017 Stacy Hahn rated it it was amazing
Absolution is unlike any of the books I've read from Missy Johnson, yet just as intense and emotional as she does so well.

I honestly, being Catholic, didn't know how I would feel about reading this forbidden romance. However, this book is so much more than that.

Get ready for some heart stopping, gasping moments that will make you question what you'd do if this was you. My heart broke for everybody involved. The blurb let you know what you're in for, but you really don't have a clue. Once I got s
Cassie
Jun 25, 2017 Cassie rated it really liked it
When a new Missy Johnson book is announced, I get excited because her words memorize me!

This book was not what I expected, there were parts that were very hard to read but it was well worth it. How can so many bad things happen to one person - how much can they take? Now add 2 characters that have the odds against them and you create a story that compels you to read on, find out how it ends - make your own judgement and speculations, all the while hoping for the best possible outcome.

My heart
Liz
Jun 27, 2017 Liz rated it really liked it
Who does not love a good forbidden story? Full review to come.
Renee
Jun 22, 2017 Renee rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Fourteen years ago Declan James tore apart Hannah's family. He ruined her sister's life and nothing was ever the same for her family ever again. Now grown Hannah is in the profession where Declan needs her help. Needless to say Hannah is shocked to see him a decade later. She can however see how far he has come in trying to redeem himself and that he has changed. She also knows as a priest he is off lim
Theresa Alberts
Jun 13, 2017 Theresa Alberts rated it it was ok
Review to come
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 25, 2017 Tracy Wilkin rated it it was amazing
I had a really strong feeling about Absolution before I even opened it. I love Missy Johnson’s work and knew with my whole being, that Absolution was going to rock my world. I had no idea that it would blow my mind, shatter me, yet complete me. Full circle.

Hannah and Declan both knew pain. After events directly involving Declan almost destroys Hannah, she tries to live her life one day at a time and devotes herself to helping others. She meets Declan after years of no contact, and struggle to d
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jun 29, 2017 Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~ rated it really liked it
I’m born and raised Roman Catholic, even have been a servant until the age of eighteen. My parents would probably cringe and then disown me if they knew how much I am lately enjoying deadly sinful romances like this one lol. Adding in the fact that ABSOLUTION is written by Missy Johnson, an author I’ve come to love over the last couple of years, it simply was a chance I couldn’t pass up. And anyway… it’s fiction, right? :)

So much heartache. How much agony can a person bear before they break?
Hann
Christie72
Jun 28, 2017 Christie72 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow!!! What an emotional read! I was riveted from the prologue! Hannah spends her days trying to save abused children as a social worker. Her family was devastated by the suicide of her older sister when she was just a child…it wasn’t only the loss of her sister but of her family as well. Declan is a priest who spends his days trying to find absolution for the sins of his past. Both are connected, and when they Hannah and Declan meet again as adults, it will be explosive. Secrets will be ex ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Absolution by Missy Johnson was a slow burn forbidden romance. Fourteen years ago, tragedy broke apart Hannah’s family and one man was to blame, Declan James. Could a man who caused such havoc actually find absolution?

Now Hannah and Declan must work together. It’s the last thing Hannah wants, but it’s the right thing to do. But are they prepared for the consequences?

Hannah lost her sister and Declan was to blame for what happened. How could she live with herself and work with Declan? But her j
Books and Boys Book Blog
Jun 28, 2017 Books and Boys Book Blog rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by the author for an honest review***

Once you start reading Absolution by Missy Johnson you will be immersed whole heartedly and your day will pass you by while reading this intense, well written novel. Grabbing this book when I had the chance, I was ecstatic for the chance. This storyline is exactly my type of pain and pleasure novel and it exceeded all expectations!

Hannah Masters has had a whirlwind of a childhood, tragic loss due to the effects of traumatic events all because
Anne Milne
Jun 22, 2017 Anne Milne rated it it was amazing
Some books are all pleasure and happy feelings and some are a mix of pleasure and pain and I think that describes this book perfectly.
Missy is an author who always puts her readers through the wringer emotionally, she takes our minds on a journey where we are at war with our hearts and our heads.
Declan and Hannah are connected by a past that is full of tragedy when they come back into each other's lives all the pain and hate is palpable, it practically leaps from the page
Hannah works in Child
Jammie Bebout
Jun 28, 2017 Jammie Bebout rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is such an emotional roller coaster, but what a ride! I tremendously enjoyed this book, from start to finish. I had never read this author before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say that I was quite impressed. The plot was intriguing, the writing extraordinary, and the characters complex and well thought out. Authentic and engaging, these characters draw you right into the story, and you just can't help but become invested in their lives. This book deals with some ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 27, 2017 United Indie Book Blog rated it really liked it
This was a great book to fall into. Missy Johnson did a great job bring these characters to life through a page turning book that will keep you on the edge of your seats. This book borderlines taboo well hits taboo but that just makes it even more worth reading. I liked the way this book flowed, and the way the author pulls all of the factors together was great. This is a great book that will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions and secrets. Declan and Hannah and got through a lot for e ...more
Becky Rendon
Jun 21, 2017 Becky Rendon rated it really liked it
Absolution is the kind of story that leaves a dry dusty feeling in your mouth. The kind that makes you grip the book harder and hope for the best. It is fear, loathing, love, and confusion.

I spent the entire book fighting my inclinations. I was angry with myself and you will be too. Ms. Johnson doesn't write for the faint of heart. Conflicting Emotions must be her spirit name.

It was a roller coaster of emotions and it was a wild ride. She can twist and turn your emotions, your mind, and your f
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 22, 2017 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it really liked it
This one sucked me in from the prologue. Declan and Hannah's past are entwined. Hannah is now Child Services Case Worker and Declan is a Priest. There paths haven't crossed in fourteen years but a case of Hannah's causes their paths to cross again. Declan is the cause of lot of pain in Hannah's family. When we find out want Declan did and some of the things he did late I really had trouble liking him. I wanted to like him because he was a misunderstood good guy and not because he really was a b ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.
More about Missy Johnson...