Start by marking “Crushing on Kate (Red Maple Falls #2)” as Want to Read:
Crushing on Kate (Red Maple Falls #2)

Crushing on Kate

(Red Maple Falls #2)

It was love at first sight until he opened his mouth.

Born and raised in the small town of Red Maple Falls, it's impossible for Kate Hayes to meet a guy she hasn't known since first grade. When she is approached by a ridiculously attractive, unfamiliar face during one of her glass blowing demonstrations, she can't help but get her hopes up. Until he opens his mouth.

Caleb
Published April 27th 2017 by TMP Books

To ask other readers questions about Crushing on Kate, please sign up.
Lynn Geth Yes it can, but it’s always more fun if you read the series where all the characters are interspersed in each book.

Sandycarson
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’ll pass

I wish I had better things to say, but I appreciate honest reviews from others and will reciprocate. The punctuation is appalling, as if the author didn’t pay attention in her literature courses. While I don’t expect the great American novel, at least put commas in natural breaks of the sentence if you don’t know the rules. The dialogue was very predictable and boring. I don’t understand why the required antagonism needs to portray juvenile, rude, crude, one-dimensional characters. In m
YAGeekess
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

*swoons*
I received this ARC and let me tell you, I DEVOURED it in a single sitting! D.E.V.O.U.R.E.D it!!! What a delightful story!

This charming story is set in a small town called Red Maple Falls. Kate Hayes is the owner of a glass blowing studio and Celeb James has just moved next door to open a bike shop. They butt heads few times initially because he feels she is blocking his parking spots to put on her "arts and crafts hour". Their chemistry is just off the charts and it is not long before t
Coco.V
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (4/4/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Born and raised in the small town of Red Maple Falls, it’s impossible for Kate Hayes to meet a guy she hasn’t known since first grade. When she is approached by a ridiculously attractive, unfamiliar face during one of her glass blowing demonstrations, she can’t help but get her hopes up. Until he opens his mouth.

Caleb James established his bike shop in the middle of nowhere to escape his past. When the owner of the adjoining business blocks his parking
Joan
Apr 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Two unpleasantly rude characters who act like spoilt brats and have no consideration for each other. Then it turned into a sexfest and I was done with reading at 25%
JG
Everyone's read a book, that from the very first page, you know right away that its going to be a good one. Crushing on Kate is one of those books. It starts off with a very cheerful female lead, whose happy with life, has a great family, great friends and clearly a business that is definitely picking up plus she happens to clearly love living in a small town where everyone knows each other. But then her new business neighbor turns out to be the really grumpy kind, gorgeous but is definitely not ...more
Shari
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series by Theresa Paolo
Shannon
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I flew through Crushing on Kate in a little more than a day. I fell in love with the entire Hayes clan and the town of Red Maple Falls in book 1 (Mad About Matt) so it really came as no surprise.

I was hooked from chapter 1. Kate owns a glass blowing shop in town, which is her pride and joy. The store connected to hers was vacant for a few months but recently a bike shop opened up. Caleb, the owner of the bike shop, and Kate get off on the wrong foot while she's trying to do her weekly demonstrat
Beth Garner
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a Goodreads giveway and enjoyed the read. It is an easy quick read that can be done in an afternoon if you aren't interrupted.

I like Kate's personality, tried hard not to let things get her down. Caleb was understandably a little stand offish because of his past. I enjoyed meeting all the members of Kate's family and can't wait until more books come out. I am definitely going to read the first book in the series.

The story line was a believable one, it didn't stretch the imagin
Soul Sin
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know that this was book #2 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt like binge reading last night and skim through Google book store. This was recommended to me so I decided to download it. I regret it fove hours after.

I was up in 6 AM just smiling at this teasing love story between Caleb James and Kate Hayes. The story had an erotic tone to it, spending a whole chapter sexing it up. I actually skipped through it because I just want to read a story. I am not interested in reading literotica
Mary
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Outgoing Kate meets Recluse Caleb

Kate is a small town successful business owner, friendly & outgoing. Caleb is a single man trying to make a fresh start after losing his brother Milo to cancer. Caleb opens a bike shop next door to Kate's glassblowing shop. Caleb was drawn to Maple Falls, but he has no idea how people in small towns help each other. Caleb is determined to keep pushing his neighbors away. Kate is equally determined to break down his walls & get to know Caleb. Despite his b
Cassie Mae
Crushing on Kate was a fantastic sequel to an already brilliant series. Mad About Matt was one of my favorite reads of 2017, and I couldn't wait to dive into Kate's story.

First off, I feared Caleb would be the typical Alpha-hole, but he was so not. He was a strong alpha male with a sweet side that won me over. Anyone who knows me knows that I am #teambetaman all the way, but Caleb has risen in the ranks of book boyfriends.

The chemistry between the two characters was palpable in each scene toge
Anna
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Great story. I did not read book #1 but it seems like this series could be as a stand alone. They mentioned the couple from the first book but nothing was missed. Kate was a ball buster and told you like it was, no BS from this girl who ran her own business. Caleb was trying to hid out in this small town by opening a bike business. He didn't think about how being in a small town everyone knows everyone and each other's business. These two are perfect for each other!

ARC review.
Miss A
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a book!

One of the first tonnes a book has finished and I wanted just a bit more... I wanted Caleb to know that old man Simpson came out for him along with everyone else, sadly as it ended Kate was the only one mentioned which I felt lost a big part of the importance of the town and people.

Other than that mild criticism, loved the story, a great read and would happily come back to the series!
Patty
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lighthearted quick adult read. I enjoyed the story about both of these characters. Caleb clearly had some issues he needed to work through, and Kate seem to be the one to help him. I just wish there was a bit more of the story to tie up more the loose pieces. Or maybe the next book in the series does this?
Cynthia
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

This is a really great continuation of this series. Kate lives what she does and running her business is great but finding love isn't. Her brother Matt & his girlfriend Shay are finally getting married and asked her to officiate. Caleb open a bike store next door and they don't hit it off right away. Can they make it work.
Fleur
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say ? I love her. I love him. I love the family, I love the town, I loved seing Shay and Matt again, I want to know all about the other siblings. I'm sold, I'll probably read everything about them at this point. I'm sold.
Misty Roule
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing love story that starts out on rocky ground...

Caleb and Kate's story gives you hope, and makes you fall in love with the whole town and especially the Hayes family.
Happy reading : )
Donna Sanders
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely story

This is the first book I have read by this author and I was drawn in by the end of the first chapter. The characters are real and well developed. The storyline is believable and intriguing, well worth the read.
Roxy the Fury
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sweet love story

A cute love story. My only complaint is that Kate came off as immature in the beginning but soon became like-able. Also, lots of internal dialogue. I would recommend as a sweet story that runs a bit on the slower side.
Kristen
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved book #1 in this series, so I jumped right into #2. Another winner. Great story of love, family, moving forward, and opening one's heart. Loved Kate and Caleb, as well as reconnecting with the rest of the Hayes family.
Jennilyn Burrell
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not too cliché but a little predictable. Great read though.
angella jackson
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Hayes clam, wonderful family great stories.
Leigh Parrish
May 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I tried to give it a chance even though they weren’t very likable but had to DNF at 25% when a sex scene was thrown in at such a odd point.
Frito
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always open to trying a new author when they offer a free test drive. Big thumbs up for Theresa Paolo with Crushing on Kate. Will definitely be checking out the rest of the series.
Angel Graham
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun read. Enjoyed the sparks between Caleb and Kate.
Sandy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touching story

Loving than loading everyone in his life made Caleb swear to never love again. But what is the feeling he gets when he meets Kate?
Crystal
May 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not my kind of book

Good story, but not my kind of book. I skipped a lot but still got the story. It could have been shorter I guess.
Michelle
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
It started off well, but lost me somewhere along the way. I don't know why, but it was just harder to stay invested and finish the last few chapters.
Samantha
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

Enjoyable book about a boy and girl where the girl belongs to a big family and lives in a small town and the boy ends up there by chance. Simple read and good story.
Anne Barker
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story. It was like any other cheesy romance but it was an easy read. Even though Caleb has a lot of baggage, he was perfect.

Update: I was able to get a copy of the audiobook and I have to say I loved it. I listened to it while I was laying on the beach and it was such a nice listen.

• Dangerous Nights: Night of the Blackbird / Fatal Affair
  • Codename: Dancer (Dani Spevak Mysteries, #1)
  • Wild For You (Forever Wild, #5)
  • In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)
  • Lost Tales
  • Thursday's Child
  • The Seduction of Miriam Cross (A Delilah Percy Powers Mystery, #1)
  • Into Darkness
  • The Protector (Games People Play #4)
  • She Wore Mourning (Zachary Goldman Mysteries, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Hot in Hollywood, #2)
  • Christmas in Kilts
  • Famous (Famous, #1)
  • Harmony and High Heels (Fort Worth Wranglers #2)
  • Trust Me (Paris Nights, #3)
  • Classic Revenge (Silver Sleuths #1)
  • To Find You
B&N: http://bit.ly/2u6lUcr
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2rmPYfl
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/2pGF0E6
iBooks: http://apple.co/2qNthUA

Sign up for my newsletter and receive a FREE book: http://eepurl.com/_PwjL

Short bio:

Romance author, lover of books, 90's pop music and happily ever

Red Maple Falls (7 books)
  • Mad About Matt (Red Maple Falls #1)
  • Moments with Mason (Red Maple Falls #3)
  • Catching Cooper (Red Maple Falls #4)
  • Hung Up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls, #5)
  • Dreaming of Daisy (Red Maple Falls, #6)
  • Charmed by Chase (Red Maple Falls, #7) (Marshall Family #1)
“Too bad Mr. Cool Hair. We could’ve had beautiful babies,” 0 likes