Start by marking “Beauty and the Beast Novelization” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Beast Novelization

Beauty and the Beast Novelization

Belle has dreamt of adventures like the ones she reads in her books, of traveling the world outside her small town. When Belle's father is captured, she takes his place as a prisoner of a fearsome Beast. But life in the enchanted castle isn't as terrible as Belle imagines, and she ultimately finds friendship and love. Enjoy this tale as old as time about adventure and love ...more
Audiobook
Published (first published January 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Beast Novelization, please sign up.
Gloria Nevermind, I found it. The thing is that in online shops the author is "Disney", not Elizabeth Rudnick (but on the first page she appears as the…moreNevermind, I found it. The thing is that in online shops the author is "Disney", not Elizabeth Rudnick (but on the first page she appears as the author). If someone wants it searching with the translator's name (Marta García Madera) it's easier to find.

Encontrar este libro en español es más fácil por el nombre de su traductora (Marta García Madera). En las tiendas por internet (Amazon, etc) en las que busqué aparecía "Disney" como su autor, no Elizabeth Rudnick.(less)

Mohammed Arabey
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tale as Old as Time, made here Fresh as Rose..

Reading this novelization made me feel closer to The love story between Beauty and the Beast..making it one of the best Love Story I've ever read.

I felt the story more..
Feeling a bit like the Beast..fearing the curse takes me over if I never find true love while other around me pushing me to keep trying and searching..
And feeling just as Belle. People saying how odd I am for living longer in books, get lost into fictional worlds..
Feeling the cravin
AMEERA
3.5
I loved the animation more was pure and beautiful but also i loved some details in this book 💜'
A standard novelization, Beauty and the Beast adds almost little to the film, and the prose in some spots is weak and repetitive. It does nothing to smooth over the various head-scratcher moments from the movie either.

This is not meant as an insult to Rudnick, who also includes some nice descriptions and probably had very little time or creative license with which to write the book. But Disney could have improved the quality of the product by granting her a bit more freedom, time, and access to
Anja H.
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4 CHILDHOOD RELIVING STARS*

"The people who talk behind your back are destined to stay there. Behind your back. Never to catch up."

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Beauty and the Beast.
It's one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. I adore everything about it. This book was no different!
The only complaint I have is that this was way too freaking short! I'd have loved to know more details about the progress Belle and the Beast made while falling in love. I get that that is becau
Joshee Kun (조수아)
I'm preemptively giving this book 5 stars just because Beauty and the Beast has been the inspiration for so many fantastic retellings, like the beloved A Court of Thorns and Roses. And if I must say so, I adore Emma Watson. xD I'm gonna devour this before the movie comes out. March really cannot come fast enough! :D
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
I HATE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! I hate it so much I watched the animated movie more than ten times. I hate it so damn much that it never failed to make me cry after all these years. I hate it so fucking much I ordered the Belle Doll even though it looked like Justin Bieber in a dress. I hate it so so so much I went through hell just to find this novelization. So yes, I hate it
- - -
"This is a tale of a beauty much deeper than that. It is the story of two people drawn together under the mos
Sophie Crane
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney, film-tv
This is the novelization of the 2017 live-action film and the book is just as perfect as the film. Really enjoyable light-reading.
lucie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, in-english
BEAUTIFUL AND MAGICAL
Janani(ஜனனி)
"My love for reading will become a tale as old as time."

According to me, it is always the book. I loved it so much I just want to jump into the river.

#librarygoals
Tanya Tate
*cries hard on how perfect this was*

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this better than the original animation version story wise . They fleshed certain things out they couldn’t do in the original. (Belle and Adam backstory especially and their relationship) They also made Gaston more of a murderous asshole in this one which was surprising.. His death was kind of on the same lines as the original. Also one character does get redeemed which I’m actually happy about because he deserved it in this
Brooklyn Tayla
Perfect book is perfect. It was heavenly. Amazing. I'll read it a million more times. Omg. The movie needs to be out like now. Omg.

Full review to come :)
♠️ TABI ♠️
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I wish the movie had been exactly like this.

That sounds terrible, but seriously! This novelization was enchanting, witty, well-written, and added little gems to the movie script that I wish they'd kept in the film. Like that prologue - wow, was that amazing. The description were well done, though with almost every movie novelization, there was that omnipresent sense of view which bugs me a little, but this was well done so as to keep that annoyance to a minimum.

Basically, if you loved the rece
Peri June
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-challenge
I have no self-control when it comes to Beauty and the Beast, and since I was blown away by the new live-action movie, when I saw this novelization, I knew I had to have it!
This was exactly like watching the movie, except even more in-depth. It's told from several points of view, and I loved being privy to the innermost thoughts of the characters, especially The Beast and Gaston.
Seeing how twisted Gaston's mind really was blew my mind. The Beast, on the other hand, was much more vulnerable and h
Natalia
I am going to be a severe emotional wreck at the end of this movie. And I'll be watching it a hundred times over. ♡♡
Lariza Agius
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book of my 24 hour readathon = SUCCESS!!
Marianne - November Words
The movie was everything. Everything and more, and this novelization is perfect.
Madeline
"She felt the now familiar warmth of love shoot through her whole body, starting at her toes and traveling to the tips of her ears."

Me, too.
Asghar Abbas
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well, this was a better experience than the movie, definitely. Mostly because the novelization didn't put me to sleep. Look, as much as I loved the original animated version, the live action almost knocked me out. What the hell, Disney you can do better than this. But it made a truck load of money, so what does my desire for better imagery matter?

The extra star in the rating is for the overall look, cover, and presentation, it's gorgeous and I am not yet averse to beautiful things. And I didn't
Melissa Hernandez
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, physical
I'm going to be an emotional wreck when I see the movie soon. This is so well written. It fleshed out so many plot holes from the animated film. The questions we have from the movie have been pretty much answered. Only wish the Beast's real name was mentioned, but it's ok. This book. The movie. I'm in love.
Milka
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Legit sobbed pretty much uncontrollably while reading the last few chapters of this book. I can only imagine what the upcoming film will do to me.
Nele
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Any book giving you goose bumps when you know the story, deserves a five star rating
Kevin
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FANBOY POV:
Beauty and The Beast is my favorite fairytale of all time, so I am going to try to not be as bias as possible. Trust me; this novel has made me more madly in love with Beauty and The Beast.

CRITIC POV:
This is more about the quality of the book. I love that it is easy to carry, but it feels very flimsy and fragile.

THE REVIEW

WRITING STYLE:
I believe when Miss Rudnick was writing this novel, her head was saying, "the readers want the story, so give it to them straight without being too f
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I'm not crying... YOU are crying.

I knew what was going to happen yet the tears still hit. Stupid amazing heartfelt story making me test my waterproof mascara...
Stephanie Anze
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale as old as time....

Beauty and the Beast is classic fairy tale. Originally written in 1740 by French novelist Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, this story has once again become popular due to the live action movie by Disney starring Emma Watson. I was in line at the movie theater and was surprised to see many adults sans children. This is so much more than a princess story. As an adult I can appreciate certain nuances that I did not notice as a kid. Perhaps my favorite line of the boo
Margot
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so beautiful and I loved reading my favourite film! There were a few moments in the book that bored me and that seemed to not end at all but all the rest was enchanting, beautiful and magical!
Yvonne Olson
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This definitely does not do the movie justice, as the scenes are no where near as lush as those sets, but it's so nice to read this and get hints of details I didn't know. It had been 10 years after Gaston got back from the war. I never caught that!
I loved this, through and through, but I wish it had been slightly more detailed. I am aware that it is meant for juveniles, but still! Saying something is beautiful is not as good as showing me the beauty!
Amina
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1st, look at that cover

description

I think that this one is far better than the original. The minor changes made it more real and also great. What I really liked in this novelisation is:

The Prince:

1- The prince's background, what really happened to make him become that arrogant and the events that preceeded his enchantment. It really made sense.

2- The fact that the enchantment didn't erase his intelectual skills, that he still could read and behave if he chose to.

3- His sense of humor. He had the appeara
SyaSya Syed Nasir
I've always love Beauty and the Beast since I was a kid. They have a soft spot in my heart. Their concept is totally different from other Disney movie. It explain about how true love should be - regardless of their face and flaw characters, they're still loved. Love as in we accept who they are no matter what. Each one of us has our flaws. But to meet someone who could accept them is the hardest part.
Kylie
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
4 stars!
This book beautifully captured the movie. It added things in there that might not have been obvious while watching the movie which I thought was a nice touch. It definitely made me think about the moral of the book/movie more than I had previously which I really liked. I think for me, it wasn't a 5 star just because the visual of the movie is so breathtaking, and although I could picture it all in my head perfectly, there's just something about the effects and magic of the movie that ma
Misty
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Can anyone be happy if they aren't free?"

An all time favourite!

Oh...I still get butterflies for the library.

• Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella
  • Adventures of a Wimpy Werewolf: Hairy But Not Scary
  • Belle's Tale (Disney Beauty and the Beast, #1)
  • Excalibur: The Legend of King Arthur
  • Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Library: A Collection of Literary Quotes and Inspirational Musings
  • Sita: Daughter of the Earth (Campfire Graphic Novels)
  • Wonder Woman: The Official Movie Novelization
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Annual 2013
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Bookshop Girl
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Beauty's Beast
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass
  • Rise of the Black Panther
  • Roses in Amber: A Beauty and the Beast story
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Faerie Tale Collection, #9)
  • The Secret Destiny of Pixie Piper (Pixie Piper #1)
  • Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas
his is the part I'm always the worst at—talking about myself! So as you've figured out, my name is Elizabeth Rudnick and I'm a young adult author. I'm also a Senior Editor at Disney Press in New York City. I've edited books based on movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Prince of Persia as well as Miley Cyrus's memoir, Miles to Go, which was a New York Times bestseller (imagine if Tweet Heart w ...more
“The people who talk behind your back are destined to stay there.” 14 likes
“Against the odds, the Beast had shown her true beauty. He had shown her it was okay to feel lost and made her realize how desperately she had wanted to be found. She had learned that things were not always what they seemed, that people could surprise you. He had given her the one thing she had always longed for - something more.” 5 likes