Start by marking “The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)” as Want to Read:
The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)

The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A maiden for the mercenary

Mercenary knight Rhain is living on borrowed time. With a vengeful warlord pursuing him, he has accepted his fate—though first he must get his men to safety.

When he rescues mysterious and deeply scarred Helissent from her attackers, Rhain soon wishes he wasn't marked for death. He can never be the man she deserves—his scandalous lineage alone di
Paperback
Published August 1st 2017 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Knight's Scarred Maiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knight's Scarred Maiden

Frankie Reviews
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this, this is absolutely superb! It sticks with you and gets under your skin, but in a very good way you become absorbed in their dark and dangerous world. I have read Historical Romances that has stuck with me long after finishing the book, but this is right up there with some of the best books I have read. It’s beautiful, heart wrenching and you get tingles while reading it.

I do genuinely love this book, the plot is fast, complex and thrilling. Rhain and Helissent take you on this sensu
Michelle Cunliffe
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This the first book that I have read of Nicole's and it won't be the last, I loved reading every second of this book.

I can highly recommend this book. I won't reveal too much but will say a little on the characters.

Helissent was eight when she scarred by a fire, when she was trying to save her four year old sister Aimee, but all of Helissent's family perished in the fire and Helissent was left scarred on the entire right side of her body. From here Helissent was healed by Agnes for a year and th
Regan Walker
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 and Stars! Two Scarred People Find Love in Medieval England

Set in England in 1295, this is the story of Rhain, a mercenary knight for King Edward, who is being hunted by a warlord for killing the man’s brother. Fleeing north to York, Rhain and his men rescue a woman from a from a gang of evil men. Helissent is scarred on the right side of her face and body from a terrible fire that took her family. Knowing what she will face when Rhain leaves, Helissent insists he take her with him.

Helissent
Sophia
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She punishes herself by exposing the scars on her body while he punishes himself by hiding and concealing the scars inside him. A poignant, heartwarming medieval romance was a lovely, gentle read leaving me eager to return to the Lovers and Legends series.

The Knight's Scarred Maiden is the fifth book in a series and the events follow on the heels of book four, In Debt to the Enemy Lord. I could see this one had connections to an earlier storyline, but I read it out of order and did alright.

The t
Tracy Emro
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review

Helissent is the sole survivor of a fire that killed her entire family, an event that left her scarred, both inside and out. She was taken in by the local innkeepers and after she healed, she worked hard to pay back their kindness, first at the inn and then later as their caregiver until they passed away. Now their son Rudd has come to claim his inheritance and considers Helissent part of his due.

Rhain of Gwalchdu has secrets, five years ago he learned everything he believed about his l
Helen
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a beauty and the beast troupe and one that had me turning the pages, this is the first time I have read one of MS Locke’s stories and I look forward to more she really knows how to pack some emotion and sensuality with her words. Sit back and enjoy Rhain and Helissent’s journey to a HEA that will leave you smiling.

Helissent is scarred badly by fire when she was a young girl, it took her family and nearly her life but the inn keepers in the village had her cared for and got her through th
Gwessie Tee
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received arc in return for an honest review, naughtiness 2*

This wonderful book is one of the first Ive read by Nicole, I can honestly say it most definitely will not be the last, to the point where I will be acquiring as many as possible on my next kindle day in hopes of reading them all back to back as soon as I'm able to do so.

As always I will not give spoilers as authors write blurbs for a reason and I will not spoil things for the author or future readers, but I will say those who love histo
Anita Hickman
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This was a wonderful read, I will not give spoilers away, but I will definitely be recommending this book of Nicole Locke ' to everyone, I would also like to say it deserves a 5 stars rating . The characters of The Knights Scarred Maiden, we're perfectly well rounded . I absolutely Enjoyed this read and I know you will as well,
Lynn Brooks
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Attention grabbing details intrigue you, and an intricately woven plot carries us away in this tale of unexpected love! The characters believe they each are flawed and undeserving, yet they each see a truer side in the other. I would have liked to see a bit more of the two of them developing their relationship and also would have liked to have seen his family story line have a bit more of a conclusion, but overall, a very nice read!

A traveling mercenary knight, determined to find info about his
Amanda
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Knight’s Scarred Maiden by Nicole Locke is the latest addition in the Lovers and Legends series by Harlequin Historical. The story is about Rhain and Helissent, two deeply scarred people.

Rhain once led a respectable and comfortable life until one day his prestige topples. Now scorned and tainted, with a new and unwelcome life, he lives for himself as he fights to make his life a better place. But then he crosses path with a woman who instantly catches his attention. She is beautiful as much
April
Alexia
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)" by Nicole Locke is part of a series but it also a read alone book. Hellisent is scarred in more ways than one. The physical scars from burns she connects with the mental scars she feels she deserves. She is beautiful on the inside and out, but needs to trust herself and her feelings. Rhain has some personal, emotional scars of his own to deal with and when his life changed from one of comfort and prestige he has to learn to deal with it himse ...more
Dottie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoy writing a review and especially a review of a book as good as this.  I am a romance reader but I am a total fan of Nicole Locke's historical/ medieval romance.  She delivers a wonderful story about Helissent who is scarred with burns down one side of her body . She lost her family in the fire which scarred her emotionally also.  She comes from humble beginnings and she meets Rhain who was born into privilege.  The story she pens is incredible and I cannot give spoilers and ruin it for ...more
Diana Anderson
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A journey into accessing

This book is different from Nicole's previous books because it relies less on history and more on character development. The reader is immediately immersed in the lives and secrets of the protagonists as their travels task them into a new understanding of themselves. Loved it.

I've enjoyed each of her books and look forward to another soon.

Cheryl Steckling
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends) by Nicole Locke

Helissent has had a painful life. She lost her parents and sister due to a fire. A fire in which she tried to save her sister but failed and feels that all the pain she is suffering is because she broke a promise to her mother. She does not feel anyone will ever care about her nor love her.
Rhain is a mercenary and he met Helissent. He once led a group of mercenaries and had at one time led a respectable comfortable life.
Rhain save
Adel
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Knight’s Scarred Maiden is the first book I’ve read of Nicole Locke and I was impressed. It is a medieval romance and it was fabulously written. The story has depth, insight, sensuality, the list just goes on and on. Helissent come from humble beginnings, she lost her family in a fire when she was young, the fire also scarred her deeply. Rhain on the other hand was born into privilege until his world was turned upside down when he discovered who his real mother was. Rhain and Helissent both ...more
Harlequin Books
"Locke’s latest entry to her Lovers and Legends series is a beautifully written tale of loss, faith and the magic of love between a scarred maiden and the deadly mercenary she rescues. Well done!" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Lovers and Legends
Diane K. Peterson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. A lovely, sensitive medieval story that reminds us that scars can be external or internal; both are damaging. Helissant was badly scarred from a fire when she was young. She learned to survive, but lives an isolated life...until he arrives. Rhain has a complicated past and believes that death is just around the corner for him. However, he cannot fight the feeling of connection he has with Helissant. Can these two damaged people find their way to a better life with each other?

This is a
TashNz
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful medievil romance which was crafted with love and care that came flowing thru the words on the pages. I think Rhain and Helissent were well suited and I enjoyed their story. I think the issue of being beautiful on the inside was well managed and I loved that Rhain didnt want to take advantage of his good looks and I loved the visit to far far away lands and time.

Great first read for myself from this author.
Rosemarie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet romance about accepting the flaws in yourself and those you love. The only drawback was the hero kept blowing hot and cold, it was frustrating and you could feel the heroine's confusion, but his reasons were understandable. It was also interesting that they came to an agreement with the villain, and that there was no bloodshed.
Meg
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.8*
An unusual premise for a story is what drew my attention, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. There was character growth and interaction and the journey that was made, both literally and emotionally, kept the story moving along. This was the first book I have read from this author - and I will definitely look for more.
Karine Darnessy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encore une fois l'auteure aura su m'embarquer dans son univers. Un coup de coeur pour le personnage d'Helissent. Pour lire mon avis complet ça se passe via le lien = https://songedunenuitdete.com/2018/04...
Gayle
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting characters and terrific writing. The Scarred Maiden by Nicole Locke was such a beautifully written and compelling book that I did not want Rhain and Helissent's story to end. I would love to follow their adventures into other books. I will never be able to do this book justice in a review. I carried it with me everywhere trying to sneak in a chance to read. (Medieval)

Note to self: Bought a second copy from Amazon and was thrilled to get the Mills Boon cover. Wish I could share the pi
Theresa DeFeyter
Apr 05, 2018
Edwina
rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2017
Nicole first discovered romance novels hidden in her grandmother's closet.
Convinced that hidden books must be better, Nicole greedily read them. It was only natural she should start writing them (but now not so secretly).

If she isn't working on the next book in her historical series, she can be reached at NicoleLocke.com, Facebook and on Twitter @NicoleLockeNews!

More about Nicole Locke

Lovers and Legends (7 books)
  • The Knight's Broken Promise  (Lovers and Legends, #1)
  • Her Enemy Highlander (Lovers and Legends, #2)
  • The Highland Laird's Bride (Lovers and Legends, #3)
  • In Debt to the Enemy Lord (Lovers and Legends, #4)
  • Her Christmas Knight (Lovers and Legends #6)
  • Reclaimed by the Knight (Lovers and Legends #7)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I’m not a saviour,” he said.
She, of all people knew no one was and that she didn’t deserve one.
“I’m not asking you to be.”
1 likes