Start by marking “Bear With Me (Whitsborough Bay, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bear With Me (Whitsborough Bay, #4)

Bear With Me

(Whitsborough Bay #4)

Jemma has the job of her dreams as curator for the children’s section of a museum in London. She spends each day surrounded by the one thing she’s absolutely passionate about: teddy bears. When boyfriend, Scott, shows a genuine interest in her passion instead of laughing at her for “playing with teddies all day”, she knows he’s a keeper.

Returning home to the North Yorksh
Published April 25th 2017 by Little Bear Books

To ask other readers questions about Bear With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear With Me

Start your review of Bear With Me (Whitsborough Bay, #4)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Dad hated bears, Mum hated golf, and I was pretty certain they hated each other.

Kirsty begged me to take her back... It was a different technique each time from tears to seduction to pleading temporary insanity because she loved me so much and couldn’t bear being away from me. I never understood that logic. If you miss someone, you send them a text, you look at a photo, you sniff their clothes. You don’t play a game of hide the sausage dressed as a canine.

My Review:

I devoured thi
Dash fan
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4☆ A Poignant and Heartwarming Read

Bear With Me is a poignant and Heartwarming read. The blurb intrigued me a story filled with teddy bears what's not to love. But it was so much more than just teddy bears.

It took me a little while to fully immerse into the story, but once I got to know the characters I was hooked.

Jemma and Sam are the two main characters. Each character is having a really tough time, Sam a heart breaking past and Jemma family problems. The pair meet by chance and the connection
Finitha Jose
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy, romance
I have always wanted to read a Jessica Redland book and as expected this was a heart-wrenching read making me whimper and smile. Jemma and Sam's lives are strangely connected by fate both of them experiencing the loss of their love at a similar time. The story follows both of their lives in Whitsborough Bay and later in London while they each follow their unmerging lives in different directions. Then just like all other romance stories, there comes that strange twist of fate that brings them tog ...more
Alison
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now I rather naively got suckered into this book by the bears, come on who doesn’t have a soft spot for that one or maybe more teddy bear from childhood. I know I do! I can still be lured by a bear to this day!

So I rightly or wrongly assumed Bear With Me would concentrate highly on our fluffy friends. However there is a whole lot more to this book than that. Be prepared for some tricky subjects as the reader follows the story of Jemma and Sam. They have both had their fair share of heartache so
Anne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every book I’ve read from Jessica Redland, but I really loved this one. You might just be expecting a lot of teddy bears – and I really liked the whole idea of Julie’s shop in Whitsborough Bay, the workshops, the bears specially made with details reflecting the details of people’s lives. And yes, there are plenty of bears – and bear-related running jokes and references – but this book had a depth that I really never expected.

There’s a warmth and overall lightness about th
Yvonne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jemma works with Teddy Bears, her whole life has been surrounded by them and is a passion she shares with her mum. Jemma has a boyfriend Scott, they have been together several months, after their engagement he suddenly stops calling her. While Jemma goes through the upset of being abandoned and not knowing why, her Mum starts acting out of character. Then there is Sam, lonely, avoiding the past and trying to ignore the pain of past memories.

This story is told from the perspective of the main cha
Katie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bear With Me
By Jessica Redland
4 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

I really loved this book! The blurb had me captivated straight away and it really was a beautifully written. I will admit that it took me a little while to get into the story and the way it was written but once I got into it I thought that it was perfectly written. I did honestly think that this was going to be about Teddy Bears but it really was so much more, there was so much covered in the story and I tho
Vickie Richens
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, loved the characters
Sharon
We return to Whitsborough Bay, the setting of some many of this author’s previous books.  This is a lovely heart-warming story of Jemma and Sam, both of who have suffered heartache recently and use this to create a friendship between them.  There are some side stories featuring difficult issues, but all handling so sensitively.

The story is told from the perspectives of both Jemma and Sam and the story line flows so well that it can’t help but draw you in right from the beginning.  It does sound
Christie72
~5 +++++ STARS~

Oh my goodness, Jessica Redland has captured my heart and soul with this emotional and beautiful novel!!!

Bear With Me is one of those very rare novels that I have to really think about long and hard before writing a review. Honestly, I have written several versions before settling on this one. I want to get everything right so that other readers will see how very special this book really is!!!!

The book is told from two POVs...Jemma and Sam. It seems as if it is fate has brought th
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God bear with me! Feeling slightly emosh from this book! It was so heartfelt, heartbreaking and had all the warm fuzzy hearts too! Jemma and Sam! Sam and Jemma! What a journey they take!
I thought I was all cried out Sunday but this book just had more tears I didn’t know existed, seriously I can’t have any more!
This has the feel-good factor of second chances at life and love, trusting again after hurt and lots of bears!!

I wasn’t sure what to expect when reading this but it wasn’t what I got! Two
Rachel Gilbey
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure what I was expecting from Bear With Me, other than a lot of teddy bears. Now there is a bear bias, with beary honey jokes, but there is also a whole lot more to this book than may first meet the eye.

The book focuses on two main characters and for a fair amount of the story, I couldn't work out how their stories would connect, until I suddenly started to make the basic connections. Both Jemma and Sam have things in common, have both encountered recent heart ache, and in Jemma
Jéssica
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is my first Jessica Redland's book and it was quite a engaging and wonderful book, full with complex and real characters and following the life of two people in a storyline that made me wish I could be a part of the world.

Written in the POV of Jemma and Sam, I got to experience an emotional ride as I got to learn more about each character, their heartaches, their dreams, fears and day-to-day lives, as they fight for move on, and end up meeting and connecting. As the friendship between them
Jessica
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it

In An Oyster Shell – Some aspects of the story had I known in the beginning, I would not have picked up this book, but by the end, it redeemed itself, in a more realistic than most romances, I found refreshing.

The Pearls – I felt like this was a unique romance that in the end, I welcomed. It really got into the nitty-gritty of real-life situations with the realistic consequence you may not be ready to love again. This story with that plot was well thought of and well executed.

The power of visual
Rose English
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this four paws and a BIG BEAR Hug

This story took me on a real rollercoaster of a read. One moment it was heart-warming the next heart-wrenching. So very many twists of emotions. Some strong character's.

I have to admit that after reading the blurb I thought that I might get mixed up with all the people in the book however I was very pleasantly surprised with the flow and managed to devour the story in just over two sittings. Brilliant Thank you.
Sharon R
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Worth a read.

I enjoyed the story a lot and it was nice to see how the characters evolved as the story went on. I only gave it four stars, and I’m being picky here, but by the end of the book I’d had enough of reading “ beat with me” what felt like every other sentence. Other than that it was worth a read even with quite a few mistakes all the way through the book.
teresa birchall
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book

We'll what a fab book . I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. One minute you were sad for them then happy then sad then happy .real roller coaster and you just wanted to cheer at the end
booklover BEV
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Set in whitsborough bay,with the characters Emma,julie and Sam, a romantic story, thats full of friendship,witty and funny events along the way. this book will warm your heartstrings such an easy read, and I really loved it. looking forward to more by this author
Ellie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it

I loved the likeable characters, the contrast between grief and happiness and the ending was perfect. This book deserves a hot cuppa, a blanket and a rainy day .... Or covid-19 isolation and you have the perfect escape.
Joyce tuffs
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant story.

I absolutely loved this story and didn't want to put it down. It was a good from the beginning and kept me interest all the way through. Will read more by this author.
Rita Evelyn Boulton
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant story

Loved all these stories, about the people in the village, and you make them come alive. I didn't read much, but especially during the lockdown it has really been possible to escape into one of your books. Thank you so much.
Heather
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read! I smiled, I laughed and of course I cried!!

Beautifully written and I'm now off to find other books written by Jessica Redland.
ChillwithabookAWARD With
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bear with Me has received a Chill with a Book Readers' Award.
www.chillwithabook.com

Pauline Barclay
Founder of Chill with a Book Awards
mrs s a whitehead
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read fantastic story line that keeps you reading

I love these books can't wait for more .Written so well you can't put them down. All you want to do is keep reading.
mrs m a carter
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyable book

A very enjoyable read. Thank you. More please. Human characters and a lovely setting with a believable storyline. I will be looking for more of your books.
Pauline Pledge
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read

Could not put down this book even though I was falling asleep good romance with a really good twist at the end

Ruth
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bear with me

I could not put this book down. It’s 2.55am and I have just finished it. I was gripped from start to the end. My mum has Parkinson’s and you wrote about it so well.
Catherine
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I just love Jessica's writing style and story lines. I found this one so heart warming and uplifting. A lovely read.
Claire Frost
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book alot
Caz
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read

A book to get lost in , great characters, laughed and cried.
Read all of the books now and can't recommend highly enough.

• The Cottage on Wildflower Lane
  • Spring Shoots on Sunflower Stree (Sunflower Street Book 1)
  • A Country Dilemma
  • The Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Wedding Bells in Merriment Bay
  • A Wedding at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 3)
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay
  • Starting Over at Acorn Cottage: a heartwarming and uplifting romance
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
  • The Summer of Going Topless
  • A Party at the Cosy Castle on the Loch (Book 5): a heart-warming romance set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap #2)
  • The Little Village of New Starts
  • Lucy's Great Escape (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 11)
  • Summertime at the Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Fireworks over the Loch (Loch Lannick Book 3)
  • The Summer of Falling in Love: an uplifting feelgood romance that will warm your heart
  • The Cosy Castle on the Loch: Autumn (Book 3): A fun, heartwarming romance set in the Scottish Highlands
I was born in Teesside but now live in Scarborough on the stunning North Yorkshire Coast. My home inspired the creation of the fictional seaside town of Whitsborough Bay where I set many of my books although the Hedgehog Hollow series takes readers to a gorgeous new countryside setting in the Yorkshire Wolds.

I live with my husband, our teenage daughter and sprocker spaniel, Ella. I'm a self-confe

Whitsborough Bay (9 books)
  • New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms
  • Raving About Rhys (Whitsborough Bay, #1.5)
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay Book 3)
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay Book 4)
  • Charlee and the Chocolate Shop (Whitsborough Bay, #5)
  • Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes (Whitsborough Bay, #6)
  • Christmas at The Chocolate Pot Café (Whitsborough Bay, #7)
  • Callie's Christmas Wish (Whitsborough Bay, #8)