Start by marking “Devil” as Want to Read:

A DARK SUSPENSE NOVEL

Evi Devil.

Yes, that’s really my name.

The irony is not lost on me.

I was created from two evil souls and have the name to prove it.
Devil worshipers, perverts, murderer. Is all terms used to describe the parents I refuse to remember. My mind won’t allow me to.

And why would I want to?

One born of dirty blood running through her veins can never truly be
Published July 25th 2017 (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Devil, please sign up.
Ker Dukey Hey Coe, It releases on July 28th I'm not sure why Goodreads says it was published. Not long now, I hope you enjoy it.

All the best,
Ker …more

All the best,
Ker (less)

Start your review of Devil
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 “THUD” STARS

[image error]

This was a very good dark read and I find myself feeling ashamed that the only thing holding me back from the full 5 Stars on this that I’m guilty of wanting more of the inner working of Evi’s family life. I found them eerily interesting and would have liked more background on them.

Evi Devil is some heroine and her flip-flopping from a character that you want to protect and one that you are not too sure is completely innocent makes things very interesting. Evi seems
warhawke
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark souls
Genre: Dark Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Evi Devil was lost in between her own memories. She often woke up from snippets of vision, not knowing which one the truth and which one was the fabrication of her mind. One thing for certain, her past was violent one. With the help of someone from her past, it was up to her to uncover the truth, no matter how dangerous and painful it could be.

I want to become water, seep into his skin and live just under the surface, fee
Selene
I don’t feel like a complete person. I’m particles of a whole but the whole is fragmented and floating like dust particles caught in the stream of light, visible only when it shines through a crack in a window.
- Evi

➳ I loved the idea of this book, but the delivery...

MzupC.gif

I didn't really connect with any of the characters and by the 40% mark, reading this book felt more like a chore. I kept picking this book up then putting it back down, but this story had great reviews so I powered through until the
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dark, Haunting & Hypnotic

DEVIL: is a standalone suspenseful, dark novel by Ker Dukey. This review is going to be a no frills review where I'm pretty much not even going to write up the review how I normally would, this is Evi's story and it's not a pretty story.

In the ‘Prologue' we’re introduced to twenty-one year old Evi sitting in her therapists office trying in vain to go back in her mind when she woke up outside of her house near death, aged 9, stabbed, losing a lot of blood
Nazanin
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, dark
4 Solid Stars

"If you stare so far into the darkness, maybe the darkness starts staring back at you."

Well, it was an unexpected read! When I started reading it I didn’t think I enjoy it this much! The story is about a twenty-one-year girl, Evi Devil! She thinks she lives in a lake house that inherited it from her parents that adopted her when she was nine years old. She doesn’t remember anything about her birth parents, so a therapist helps her to remember her repressed memories and let me tell y
Jen
Wow, did I enjoy this book! I have such a soft spot for the author's that created "Benny" from The Doll series, so naturally I just had to pick up this one from Ker Dukey. I have read a few other books of hers in the past, and I always know that when I read one of her books; I need to always expect the unexpected...and also expect a dark read! I definitely got both in the pages of "Devil."

Evi Devil is a character that is intriguing from the beginning. Through out the story I found that the more
CC
4.5 Stars!

description

Evi Devil suffered abuse and a life-altering experience when she was a only 9 years old. Since then, Evi adapted as best as she could despite her memories but as she turns 21, an event triggers her need to get answers and finally reconcile what she’s felt for all these years. Returning to the place of origin, Evi’s quest painfully begins.

“I don’t feel like a complete person. I’m particles of a whole but the whole is fragmented and floating like dust particles caught in the stream
Dri ✰
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
4,25 "Dirty Evi" stars!!!

"You are beautiful, Evi. But love doesn’t see with its eyes, hear with sound, feel with touch; it connects with its mind, and once it does, there’s no going back."

Ker Dukey tem o dom de me prender aos seus livros e com esse aqui não foi diferente.
Eu não consegui largar essa história, ela tem um suspense ótimo e a cada página eu me via mais curiosa e ansiosa pra saber logo o que aconteceu com a Evi.

"I have demons, Evi, but you bring them to their knees." "Why?" I ho
Anonymous Girl

“Are you a monster?” I breathe.

He shakes his head and shrugs. “Doesn’t matter if I am. Not all beasts do atrocious things. Sometimes the evil around us creates a monster because the world sometimes needs one to rid the world of worse monsters.”

ADULT DARK ROMANCE
Triggers / Warnings? ~ Child abuse, crude language, explicit adult content
Narration ~ 1st POV
Total pages Kindle Book ~ 269
Total Chapters ~ 22 + Epilogue
Ending ~ Concluded

Evi has lost the recollection of her memories and is going ba
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This story had so much potential.

❥ Crazy Evi Devil
❥ Sweet Max
❥ a truly dark, twisted, haunting story
❥ and weirdly poetic prose interspersed between the chaos

Highlighted lines:
“You don’t need saving, Evi. You needed to be found.

“You are beautiful, Evi. But love doesn’t see with its eyes, hear with sound, feel with touch; it connects with its mind, and once it does, there’s no going back.”

I wish more time was spent on the trauma Evi suffered. It obviously tormented her into a fractured human b
☙ nemo ❧
i really liked the plot of this one, very dark and very twisty - unfortunately, what i didn't particularly like was the writing. it was often jerky and amateurish, and whereas it had nice turns of phrase here and there, it needed far more editing for it to run smoothly.
Pick a Book
English/Português

"My heart flutters like the trapped wings of a bird in a cage that’s too small. I know the wings will get damaged , but the fight to be free is worth the bruises".

4,5 stars

Everytime.
Every-f*-time.
Ker Dukey always blows my mind.

When I read the prologue I got goosebumps  and a feeling that this book would be good. I had a lot of theories and I thought one of them would be real, not ALL of them!!

I will tell you nothing. Go and find for yourself how great this is. This kept me ho
Damjana
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 solid stars!

Evi would just like to know who she is, who was her familly and what happened. She lost memory at age nine because of great trauma. She has this dreams and doesn't know if they are real from her past or just dreams. She is sleepwalking (don't mention I know how it looks like if you have sleepwalker at home and belive me it doesn't have nothing with full moon) and half the time she doesn't know if she is dreaming or she is wake up.
I like the writing style; and I haven't expected th
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Dark edge of your seat and an ending that will blow you away, restoring your sense of justice and what’s right and what’s wrong.
Elfina Renee
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ker Dukey takes us on one hell of emotional ride in this five star read! This book is seriously dark, twisted, suspenseful and one hell of a mind fuckery....another words I loved it!
Melanie (mells_view)
Oh my geez....

That was a mind hump of epic proportions.

I don't even know what to say other than Ker Dukey once again takes us on a mind blowing ride with Evi. Her past is really really screwed up. Her present feels like an erotic blur. Luckily she doesn't remember the past, and has the water to calm her present. Will you read this book and help Evi remember her past? Does she actually want to remember it?

If you like dark suspenseful romance then I would absolutely read this story. It's full of t
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Genre: Dark Romance

It's been a while since I have read a Ker Dukey novel and I feel like I missed out! Her books are dark, dangerous, and filled with characters that cross the line between good and evil. Their circumstances are what causes them to tread this line though, and the author proves it through her writing making us readers sympathetic even when we don't want to be...

In Devil, readers are going to meet Evi Devil- a very unreliable character who has severe
Doris
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most dark and twisted story that I have read in quite awhile. I LOVED IT!
Our main character Evi has been put through an unbelievable hell till she is nine years old. She was tortured, traumatized, physically and sexually abused. Not just by her parents, her siblings as well.
During one shocking night she is stabbed and is finally rescued. Adopted to loving parents she goes on with her life. Then something happens and her mind fractures. We go on a journey with Evi to come back
Briana
**Trigger Warning**

Just give me a moment to comprehend what just happened.

First off, this was a buddy read with my girl, Anonymous Girl. We will forever be reading dark novels together LOL. got to say, I love my dark, intense stories.

I think I should start with the flaws first before I give the good side of the review.

This book started out so slow. It literally took until 45% into the book for me to truly see the intensity that it could have. I also saw how the world building in the beginning h
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 mind blown stars!!! I am sitting here like WTF?!?! I thought I knew what was going on but I had NO idea!

This is a stand alone and if you are into dark, crazy, sexy, total edge of your seat shit then please read this!!

😈This is Evi's story....

My past is forgotten yet it haunts me daily. I just want to remember and move on. I know it was bad but the day I opened my mothers box is the day all my secrets spilled out...

💭My Thoughts...

Ok I have so much to say!! First of all I totally love the take
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Ok so this book was just out of the ordinary. I've never heard of this author before but the blurb intrigued me. This book had me enthralled till the very end.

This is a story about Evi Devil told from her POV. She has no memory before 9 years old after sustaining a traumatic injury. We are taken on a journey as she struggles to recover what she has lost. Just to be clear, this book does not focus on amnesia but rather on her determination to remember. I will say this was one mindfuck of a book,
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Amazing. This is truly an amazing read. I sat and read this as soon as it hit my kindle. I had a feeling it was gonna be good but it was a brilliant read.

I loved Max. I felt so sorry for Evi and was so proud of how strong she was. These two are my favourite characters that I've read so far this year.

No clues about the story from me. You just gotta read it for yourself. The author had me thinking the story was gonna go one way and then bam it was going another way. The twists kept coming and had
Betül
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, 2017, reviewed, mind-fuck
description

I just love Ker Dukey's dark/thriller books so much. There are always crazy plot twists that has you on the edge of your seat. I didn't predict what was going on, or how the story would end. And that is just the way I like my dark and crazy books. I was hooked from start 'til end and couldn't wait to see what the hell was going on. What is real and what is not... You will have to read Devil to find out.
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 "What is Real" Stars *****

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Evil Devil's life is caught in between life, dreams and nightmares. What is real may not be and what shouldn't be real is a horror show for Evi and her fragile mind.

Life has never been on Evi's side since the day she was born. The Devil family is exactly what their name stands for and they are the epitome of dark, evil, vile people.

As Evi's mind splinters between reality and nightmares, she finds her way to Max. A piece of her life that was real and pure
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wade through dark, murky waters. Twisted memories and darkness haunts the soil beneath her feet. This book will mess up your thoughts, just how I like it!!

I love unpredictable plots and I especially loved flawed, delusional characters. The pace is set with almost a vivid yet confusing dark event. I was instantly hooked from page one. The scrambling of brains and memories surfaced at pristine times, setting you up for false conclusions and a sense of dread. I wanted all the dirty details, no, I
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Well, what a book I have to say for me Devil is for me one of my top reads for 2017.
I am not going to go into details just know you have to read this one.
It is so different from what I have read from Ker’ before but it is so good. It really messed with my head. I thought I had it figured out and I was wrong it will keep you guessing throughout I did not see the twists and turns...
I really liked Max and Evi you just want to hug and take Evi away from everything and her family argh I will not spoi
Carla Bulian
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4,5.
" My soul has known yours before we were put here on Earth and it will love you long after we leave it. Whether you stay with me or leave me to go back to your life, I’ll find you again. I promise."
Que livro intenso! Um suspense desvendado pouco a pouco na teia de palavras escritas pela autora.
Uma super leitura. Adorei!
Laura Lee
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By: Ker Dukey
4 Stars

Well goodness gracious what did I just read? Ker Dukey is known for her twisted, mind blowing stories and this one didn’t disappoint!

Evi Devil, a young girl who is struggling with trying to figure out what happened that one night when she was just 9 years old. Waking up in a hospital, she is recovering. Quickly adopted and loved by her new family, Evi still has haunting dreams of that night.

Max has never forgot that little girl who grew up next door to him. Evi has alwa
Naughty Mom Story Time
If it's one thing I know, without a doubt, it's that Ker Dukey can bring a chill to your bones with her words.

Devil didn't turn out quite like I expected and it was brilliant! I pride myself on making the right guesses as to how the story will play out but there were times where I had it all wrong.

Devil is a magnificent psychological thriller that sucked me in from the very beginning. It was truly captivating.

It's difficult for me to review a book like this because I want to share so much of
Melanie (mells_view)
Oh my geez....

That was a mind hump of epic proportions.

Maryse's Book Blo...: BR Devil by Ker Dukey 19 14 Mar 24, 2020 07:19AM

• Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • Dolly
  • Taking Avery (Lilith’s Army MC, #1)
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Tortured Whispers
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Strangers
  • R.I.P.
  • Apartment 2B
  • Captive
  • Sweet Jayne
  • The Tutor
  • The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)
  • We Are Us
  • Cinere (Inferno #2)
  • Pitch Dark

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My adv

News & Interviews

“My soul has known yours before we were put here on Earth and it will love you long after we leave it.” 4 likes
“There's only so much evil you can live with before you stop living with it and it begins to live inside you.” 2 likes