Start by marking “The Scattered Bond (Shkode, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Scattered Bond (Shkode, #3)

The Scattered Bond

(Shkode #3)

With the world on fire and the ground crumbling around them, Cor, Atesh, and Jwala struggle to make sense of the lost magic and find something, or someone, else to help them survive. The Scattered Bond, the dramatic finale to the Shkode trilogy, concludes this unique fantasy saga about a split world—exploring themes of identity, prejudice, violence, compassion, and the way ...more
Published September 1st 2017 by Atthis Arts, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Scattered Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scattered Bond

Start your review of The Scattered Bond (Shkode, #3)
E.D.E. Bell
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so proud of this finale. Magic. Drama. Hope. Despair. Revelations. And, of course, pregnant wizards. I love the fantasy genre so dearly - for exploration as much as for escape, and I'm hoping I've done it some justice.

If you enjoy reading something different, I hope you'll read the Shkode trilogy, starting with Book 1: The Banished Craft.
J.S. Bailey
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
(Note: This is a review of the entire series, not just The Scattered Bond. I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.)

Oftentimes when I read fantasy, I can tell that the work is derivative of The Lord of the Rings, which is probably going to be the quintessential fantasy series of all time. There will be the Chosen One, the Wise One, the Warlord, and so on, and the regions of this fantasy land will typically mirror the English countryside (The Shire) and a vo
Angela Burkhead
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The third and final book in the Shkode series, The Scattered Bond, is due to arrive this September! This series has held one surprise after another and I have been fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy of the exciting finale!

Cor and Atesh have their hands (and claws) full as they try to unravel the mystery of Cor's magic and its relationship to the ha to try and save their diminishing worlds. Two worlds that are changing rapidly, and not just environmentally. Ideas are taking
Tourma
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly strong finish to this series. It did not end how I expected it to and is all the better for it.

"The Huge Surprise" alone is worth the price of admission. I was laughing loudly in the breakroom.

Not indicative of the series as a whole, but fun nevertheless.

I'm glad I kickstarted this series and now left wondering what I shall read next.
Laura Custodio
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Honest Review in exchange for Free ARC**

What an exciting finale!

This book delivers everything the first two books promised. An apocalyptic doom is here and there are mobs with their heads buried in the sand. Our heroes rally together and fight back for the final push with magic, daring escapes, and thwarting villainous plots to destroy an already crumbling world.

This last book in the trilogy still has several twists to unveil and I highly recommend the entire trilogy.
Trowby Brockman
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading this series. The juxtaposition of two worlds and the human and Dragon characters is interesting, fun and challenging. E.D.E. Bell has created two fully developed environments with Dragonan and Human customs, speech, ecology, politics and especially magic. The Dragons and the humans are caught in a battle to save their worlds from destruction. They face warring factions , environmental upheaval, epic storms and evil conspirators along the way. In the finale, they must unite t ...more
Camille Gooderham Campbell
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love books about dragons, so my bar for this is set high, and E.D.E Bell’s Shkode Trilogy clears it with room to spare. Her dragons have a fully-realized society on a par with the world’s human society, and the problems and complexities of dragon life are given the same weight as the human issues at play.

The Scattered Bond wraps up the trilogy in a satisfying manner, with a dramatic climax and a solid conclusion to the various threads of the story. This is definitely a trilogy that needs to be rea/>The
Deborah
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two books in this trilogy, I could hardly wait to read The Scattered Bond to see how the story ends. It was worth the wait! In the Scattered bond, Ms. Bell builds the suspense and feeling of urgency, as many heroes in the story work against time to save their world.

Now that the story has been told, I wish there was more! I hope that the author will consider re visiting the characters of the Shkode trilogy in future work.

Intelligent and thoughtful fantasy fiction which a
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this way earlier, but have been behind on writing up Goodreads review. This was a satisfying conclusion to the Shkode trilogy. There's a hilarious moment I won't spoil, but had me setting down the book so I could laugh for a good minute.
Becca
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series, entertaining and gripping! Highly recommend these books
Lindsey
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic
Bell delights readers again as she masterfully brings the duality of her universe into cohesion, providing suspense and hope until the end.
L.L. Reynolds
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Scattered Bond was a great end to a fantastic series! I have never read anything quite like this complex high-fantasy trilogy in my life, but clearly the author’s goal in writing her utterly unique trilogy is enlightenment. She defies gender roles and delves deeply into societal problems caused by ignorance and prejudice, which are so relevant in today’s world.

The series has a large cast of characters and is told from multiple points of view. (Don’t panic, people. I know some of
Kat
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such an uncharacteristic fantasy novel; normally you would be adventuring (killing things and bad guys) but here is a fantasy novel about violence being wrong and veganism and peace. I think the conclusions felt a little lacking (both the fight with the emperor and the overall dissolution of worlds) but this is an interesting and thought-provoking series and I'm glad I read it.
Beth Teliho
Benjamin
Oct 16, 2018
Brenda
Nov 04, 2018

• A Necessary Evil (Sam Wyndham, #2)
  • The Chronicles of Amberdrake
  • The Edge of Worlds (The Books of the Raksura, #4)
  • Werewolf Mage
E.D.E. Bell was born in the year of the fire dragon during a Cleveland blizzard. After a youth in the mitten, an MSE in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, three wonderful children, and nearly two decades in Northern Virginia and Southwest Ohio developing technical intelligence strategy, she now applies her magic to the creation of genre-bending fantasy fiction in Ferndale, Mic ...more

Shkode (3 books)
  • The Banished Craft (Shkode, #1)
  • The Fettered Flame (Shkode, #2)