Start by marking “How to Be A Travel Writer (Lonely Planet)” as Want to Read:
How to Be A Travel Writer (Lonely Planet)

How to Be A Travel Writer (Lonely Planet)

Bursting with invaluable advice, this inspiring and practical guide, fully revised and updated in this new edition, is a must for anyone who yearns to write about travel - whether they aspire to make their living from it or simply enjoy jotting in a journal for posterity.

You don't have to make money to profit from travel writing. Sometimes, the richest rewards are in the

Published July 1st 2017 by Lonely Planet

To ask other readers questions about How to Be A Travel Writer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be A Travel Writer

Start your review of How to Be A Travel Writer (Lonely Planet)
Ilva
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Tā kā esmu sākusi rakstīt ceļojumu blogu, tad šķita, ka šī man man būs ļoti noderīga grāmata. Nevarētu teikt, ka guvu kādas negaidītas atklāsmes, taču kopumā tā bija diezgan noderīga lasāmviela, kas palīdzēja šo to salikt pa plauktiņiem, guvu arī pa kādai labai atziņai vai ieteikumam.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Isn't it such a cool job to travel the world and share your experiences with others?!

Jana Kovářová
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very insightful and helpful book, the only reason why this is not a 5-star review is that unfortunately because of how fast everything is happening in the digital space, some parts are not up to date.
Patricia Murphy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I use this for Travel Writing class and it sure needed an update. But I wish it would have retained more on writing as a craft.
J
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent. It is a great how-to guide that covers a lot of topics:

1. There is a long section on what it means to be a professional travel writer, what you have to deal with.
2. There are lots of practical examples and exercises showing you how to write a good article, how to focus your ideas and bring out the special memories of a place.
3. There's information on how to set up a private/professional travel blog.
4. And last but not least there's a great many tips and information about
Zizi
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's pretty good for beginners. Compared to other books, this book really takes you through each part a travel writer should know. They even help you form a draft as you read chapter two. I don't come from an English or journalism background so I find writing advice (with examples) very helpful. Though it's not really focused on blogging, it does have like a chapter dedicated to blogging. It doesn't go into depth but it does give you everything you need to know to start learning( and practising) ...more
Fran Cormack
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wanderlust now on high alert

If my travel yearnings get much worse I may just have throw a few things in my beat up duffel bag and head to the Greyhound bus station.

A great book, full of relevant advice, whilst not sugar coating the life of a travel writer.
Justine Jenkins
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Info is quite out of date now. And I thought the writers were quite downtrodden about the success new travel writers could see... I get that it's a tough climate but they could have done more to be inspiring rather than just negative. Wouldn't recommend I'm afraid.
Blake Wardell
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Don't become a travel writer.
Angel
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice book. Full of tips and resources for the beginner and lots of advice related to how to start a career in travel writing, if that's what you want in life this book is must read.
Alina Malina
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I expected more from this book
Heather
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stuffed full of info!

This book gets very detailed and has tons of cited resources. Definitely a worthy read if you want to be a travel writer.
Alessandra Gazzotti
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found it very usefull and clear! I needed something to introduce me to travel writing and this was the best choice! Not many volumes like this one exist so...thank you for writing it!
Lilo

• How to Be Free: An Ancient Guide to the Stoic Life
  • Peace of Mind
  • Christian Political Theology in an Age of Discontent
  • The Silence
  • Living Faithfully Revised and Updated: Human Sexuality and The United Methodist Church
  • Enchiridion and Selections from the Discourses
  • The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems
  • Constantine Revisited
  • Faithful and Virtuous Night
OUR STORY
A beat-up old car, a few dollars in the pocket and a sense of adventure. In 1972 that’s all Tony and Maureen Wheeler needed for the trip of a lifetime – across Europe and Asia overland to Australia. It took several months, and at the end – broke but inspired – they sat at their kitchen table writing and stapling together their first travel guide, Across Asia on the Cheap. Within a week th