Start by marking “Fighting for You (Lifesworn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for You (Lifesworn, #2)

Fighting for You

(Lifesworn #2)

All Penli wants to be is left alone. After nearly a decade of blood, violent soldiering, and a lifetime of enduring his cold, ambitious family, it's almost a relief to be practically alone in the middle of a desert kingdom with no way to return home because of the warrant out for his arrest.

The very last thing he needs is to be consumed by a fit of honor and nobility—but h
Published April 2018 by Ninestar Press

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting for You

Sofia
When I read this I was not aware that it was a second book in a series. In fact the story could well enough stand on its own though there were some details which felt skipped over probably due to the length of the book and the writing style.

If your tipple is 'sweet' than this is the story just for you, it is a sweet story about sweet people, wearing sweet clothes, having sweet sex and sweet friends. What more can one ask for unless that is you prefer to drink something different.

an arc gently p
ReviewerLarissa
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for Bookwinked.com

Fighting for you is the second book in the Lifesworn series by Megan Derr and published by Nine Star Press. I’ll admit to not reading the first book in the series, but I got curious when I read the blurb for this one. I’m very happy I did so too, because I liked this short story. If I wasn’t reviewing this book, it would have gotten a five star rating.

On to the review!

The story
The story is set around Penli – Lord William Kerry Penlington – who has followed his friend Sha
Relly
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-2018-read, 4-stars
Good second book

4 ⭐

Great addition to this series.
I really enjoyed Penli and his need to help Teia and Sendaar stay together and to give them a choice with how to live their lives.
I enjoyed the tournament and the challenges given. The three of them together are well done.
Looking forward to completing the series.
Lila Hunter
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by NineStar Press in exchange for an honest review.
Carly
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1a-tbr-2018
I didn't read book, which isn't 100% necessary but would have helped immensely with the backstory so I highly recommend doing so. I really enjoyed this. The characters are fun and engaging. Their emotional connection is well developed as it progresses throughout the story, which I love. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a fun fairytale type romance. With a dashing hero who comes to the rescue!
Susan
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Fighting for You by Megan Derr via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I fell in love with Penli when he was in Waiting for You, the first book in the Lifesworn series. He embraces all parts of his personality, including everything from being the Queen’s assassin to his love of fine clothes and jewelry. He also enjoys liaisons regardless of gender, which is not uncommon in the world Derr has created for these books. Given his past and his current ...more
Book Gannet
This book is adorable – Penli is adorable. There really is no other way I can describe it, even though it also has three-way menage sex scenes and Penli would quite like to kill his horrible rival. But still, the whole thing is ridiculously cute and sweet and adorable.

Admittedly, it’s all about Penli and the two men he’s fighting for and hopes to marry don’t really get much personality to share between them. They are younger than him, but I have no idea by how much, and despite them being widely
Magnolia
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: high-fantasy, m-m, poly
From Magnolia Reviews: Three Petals

The characterizations in this story were extremely well written. I loved how the depth of the characters allowed for the romance to really blossom. However, the author neglected to remind the reader of what happened to Penli in book one of this series. While I do recommend this book, I suggest you reread book one first so you won't be confused.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
RavenT
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella and like the protagonist, Penli, very much. He's a warrior who's tired of battle, wounded in spirit and in need of the finer pleasures of life: friends, love, and the promise of a peaceful home. This is a MMM story, and it's one threesome I can believe in. The main character was interesting and his POV drove the emotional arc while his action scenes were exciting. But the secondary couple were sympathetic as the ones that needed to be rescued.
Faith
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story combines the fairy tale sweetness of a white knight rescuing a person in distress with more than a touch of naughty kink due to it being about a menage relationship with mild d/s elements.

I think there were a few plot and character development elements that could have been adjusted to punch up the intensity of the relationship and the suspense around the central conflict. But, overall this is a very enjoyable story that I'm glad to have read.
Johannah
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful and charming

Derr does an amazing job of creating a sweeping, complex world and beautifully drawn, equally complex characters to populate it. The story of how three different men come together to each be exactly what the others need is a careful balance of epic adventure and epic romance. It is a fitting sequel to the first book in the trilogy and sets the stage for the culmination of the story in book three.
Lainey Phantomhive
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-love, mmm
I loved the first book in this series, Waiting for You, which is one of the few MMF books I've read in my lifetime. This addition is shorter than Waiting for You and that's where the (very, very minor) issues cropped up. I didn't have enough time to really connect with the characters. But the writing was on point and the atmosphere Megan Derr created made it ease to get lost in the story. I finished this in under a day.

I liked this story and look forward to reading the next.
Jess Gabriel
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-or-arc
This was just okay for me. I could never really connect with the characters and I didn't feel the tension that I love. This appears to be the second in a series, so I may have been better off reading book 1 first.

I don't believe I've read anything by this author before, so this may be a fantastic read for her fans.

*Provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Dragana
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5
Whitney
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love this story however Teia and Sendaar should have been developed more.
LostForReal
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice treat after hours of cleaning the house.
Dan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book. Penli is delightful with his crumb cakes, clothing, and his murderous competency, and I love the questing (or series of tasks, whatever) he does to simply do the right thing.
Saya
Apr 26, 2018
China
Apr 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com

Lifesworn (3 books)
  • Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1)
  • Looking for You (Lifesworn #3)