Start by marking “Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1)

Waiting for You

(Lifesworn #1)

Shanna has spent her whole life waiting—waiting to be old enough, waiting for the day she must pick a consort, waiting for a chance to finally overcome her despicable stepfather… and waiting for someone to finally banish the loneliness that comes with being a queen-in-waiting one step away from being murdered.

On the eve of the two-week event during which she must pick a co
Published June 5th 2017 by Ninestar Press

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for You

Start your review of Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1)
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I’m under the assumption that Derr typically doesn’t write much smex in her stories, so to be honest, I picked this because it had the tag erotica, and my curiosity was piqued despite the presence of an F after the M/M.

Shanna is a princess about to become queen. However, her evil stepfather, Mercer, (suspected of having a hand in Shanna’s mother’s death) has been working hard on securing the throne for himself. By law, she must choose a consort, and in 2 years time when she turns 25, s
James Cox
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good story. Great world building, great characters and very sexy. I'm seriously loving the m/m/f genre. ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
I really love Shana. She is such a great character. There’s a great balance to her. She’s not the damsel in distress but she isn’t some doormat either. Kallaar and Ahmla are fabulous! I like them and their relationship. It all reads very natural and sweet.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Relly
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

4 stars

Good start to a new series.
I’m a fan of Megan Derr’s previous works and this one is no different. This one may not be to everyone’s taste being MMF but to me it was like returning to my roots, as ready a MMF book was what lead me to the MM genre.
I liked the interactions between the characters and how they all came together. Shanna was a good strong female; she wasn’t sitting around waiting for the guys to save her.
Being as this is the first book in the series, there is a HFN but
Lila Hunter
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-arc-strw
Rating: 3.25 stars

Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by NineStar Press in exchange for an honest review.

Melisa
This is the first book I’ve read by Megan Derr and I honestly didn’t know what to expect going in. I was intrigued because I’m a huge fan of MMF romances, especially if they’re done right. The world Derr created in Waiting for You is a bit of the norm. For starters, there are dragons which seem to be commonplace in this world. Second, most of the characters are presented as bisexual. The heroine, Shanna, has had relationships with both men and women. Also, the suitors arriving at her castle to w ...more
Joyfully Jay
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really enjoyed this fantasy-romance-adventure. It’s a MMF that has elements of both MM and MF, which was cool. Kallaan and Ahmla are a couple, but not in our sense of the term. Their culture advocates a “lifesworn” protector, but Shanna misinterprets what this means. For her part, Shanna has always desired a poly relationship, and while partnering with the prince and his lifesworn is intriguing, she’s not willing to ruin things between them. This was handled re
Susan Anne
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Waiting for You by Megan Derr. I love Megan’s writing because of her boundless imagination and because she sees and writes about all the colors of the rainbow. Waiting is no exception. The MC is Shanna, a heterosexual princess/queen-in-waiting trying not to fall prey to her stepfather’s machinations. But she is hardly conventional, spending part of her time mucking out stables since she is not allowed to participate in governance. Her unconventionality also colors her sexual ...more
Shelby
This was a light and fast read. I enjoyed the fantasy elements of this story. While the ending feels a little unfinished I'm sure it's the sort of thing that will be brought to a more satisfying conclusion in the next couple of books despite having a different main character in the next book. Still I liked having a feisty heroine who deserved to find her prince, and maybe a little more. ;)

I liked that these three have a bit of a history even though Shanna doesn't really know everything about the
Magnolia
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
From Magnolia Reviews: Four Petals

My review might sound like I didn't like the book, what with my comparing the story to a YA novel and mentioning that the story lacked twists and real plot depth, but I really did enjoy reading this story and I absolutely recommend it.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
Marianne
Waiting for You had some sweet moments, some suspenseful moments, a nice helping of court intrigue, and a lot of raunch packed into the last few chapters. I liked Shanna, her heroes, and her friends. The villain was suitably awful, and the suspenseful scenes were not too drawn out. It will be interesting to see how/if the overall plot develops.
Elb4966
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Two stars because the story was incomplete. It appears as if the author is making this a trilogy with one overall plot spread over the three, however she did not include the purpose (plot) behind this book. Even when you have a larger plot spread over three novels, each one should have its on small plot. If this novel had a good small plot, its rating could possibly be 4 stars.
Anne Marie Heller Cox
Loved it

This is a menage, if threesomes turn you off, then this is not for you. That sais, Megan Deer is auto buy for me and this did not disappoint, I look forward to more of this three some and this world!!
Lindsey
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Reads as chapter one of a serial, not as a complete story. It ended very abruptly and now we'll have to wait for the next 'chapter', which may be some time in coming. Love the main characters and the plot so far but don't like having to wait for their story to be completed. ...more
PekeDevil
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Se me queda como un poco flojo, no se.
Mika
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

I really liked the concept and the story but I needed more...resolution.
Maritza
Dec 14, 2020 rated it liked it
MyzanM
Far better than I expected...

A bit slow from time to time, but good world building made up for that.
Dragana
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5
Dan
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread this in a row with the other two in this series. Its not my favourite of the three, but works well with the series as a whole.

There is a time gap (5 years?) between the prologue and chapter one that isn't labelled, but makes for awkward brain wrangling until it's half mentioned.
Aaron
Mar 25, 2018
Ann Melleive Marce
Jun 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Wolf and the Holly (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #2)
  • Fox and Birch (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #3)
  • Stag and the Ash (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #5)
  • Lord Mouse (Lords of Davenia, #1)
  • Hawk in the Rowan (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #4)
  • Heart of the Dragon
  • A Heaven to Reach For
  • Sebastian (Family of Lies, #1)
  • Adder and Willow (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #6)
  • NoX
  • Ge-Mi: Part One (Ge-Mi, #1)
  • Eagle in the Hawthorn (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #7)
  • Wren and Oak (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #9)
  • In Any Light (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #6.5)
  • Salmon and the Hazel (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #8)
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • The Bastard's World
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com

Lifesworn (3 books)
  • Fighting for You (Lifesworn, #2)
  • Looking for You (Lifesworn #3)

News & Interviews