Start by marking “Absolution” as Want to Read:
Absolution

Absolution

Now a Top Twenty Amazon Bestseller.

From USA Today Bestseller Ava Harrison, comes a sexy new STANDALONE romance.

I was done with love.
When I opened my heart, it was for the men I couldn't have.
The unattainable ones.
The ones who would hurt me.
A vicious cycle I couldn’t seem to stop.
But I had a new resolve.
Focus on my career.
Stay single.
And then I met him.
Jace Mon
Published October 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolution

Start your review of Absolution
Dri ✰
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
★ 1 STAR ★

“Sometimes people come into your life to teach you something or show you something...”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

*sigh*

I'm sorry, but I cannot forgive this hero's actions. How much he neglected the people who depended on him... The way he treated the heroine and the complete lack of support when she needed the most. I get that he was suffering and completely lost in his own pain, however, it doesn’t justify the way he behaved. I didn’t see him grovel enough for forgiveness.
A
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sydney White is a gorgeous, single 28 yr. old woman living in New York. She loves her job at an advertising firm, and is focused on her career. She’s given up on finding the right man since she always seems to go after the one’s that are unattainable. Her new plan is no commitments, relationships, or complications. Then she meets a guy named Jace Montgomery who turns her world upside down. While planning her best friend Eve’s weddin
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
It's finally happened. I have legit lost my mind after reading a book.
I joke about this all the time, but in this case, I feel it's true. Absolution took me on a wild ride. There were ups and downs and twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, but enjoyed quite a lot.

The storyline is the true winner here. The reason I pick up a book is to feel, to escape into a world of HEAs. This author delivers on that in spades. All the feels were literally felt. I laughed, I cried, I got pissed, but ultima
L.J. Shen
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Beta read.

All the freaking stars. Just shove 'em into a bucket and toss them on this book. Seriously. So good. Read it.
Sophie
So I'm gonna sell this book to you right now....

You ready?

Here we go....

THIS IS AVA HARRISON'S BEST BOOK YET!!

Not enough?

Okay.. how about this?

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK OF 2018!!

Still not enough?

Okay... Well... This then...

THIS IS IN THE TOP THREE BEST BOOKS I'VE EVER READ!

*Boom* *Mic drop*

Okay, in all honesty, if those three statements up there don't sell this book to you then I'm unsure what more I can say apart from this book is SENSATIONAL.

The writing is flawless. Reading is effortless.
Sannia
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: strong-heroine
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Audible Review- 4 “I Got You” Stars

My first book by this author and boy did it pack a punch. It was emotional and angsty with an angry tortured hero and a sassy compassionate heroine. Not a traditional romance but one filled with a sense of loss, of coping, of self destruction and of absolution.

Jace Montgomery is man you love to hate and hate to love. He’s on a path of self destruction. He’s had a rough year and he hasn’t really grieved for the loss of his wife. His sweet twins need him but wo
Syndi
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this book. This is my first book by miss Harrison. Certainly will look more of her works. Jace is a classic A hole guy. He lost his wife and his baby and he feels guilty about it. Oh and he is also a single father. Everyday he struggle to go bypass his day. He throws himself at his work. Then at a wedding reception of his brother he met sydney.

Sydney is a character that i struggle to connect. She is too good to be true. Always giving and selfless. But slowly she grows on me. There is not
Lu Bielefeld
#DNF 32%
-----------------
Heroine has an attraction for troubled men. Poor little thing.
She should spend some time on therapy so she does not get involved with douches and assholes.
Our hero is an alcoholic who neglects his children and prefers to work and drown in alcohol than to face life.
I really do not have sympathy for him. I know what it is to lose the husband and have to continue living and taking care of the family. The world does not revolve around us.
He has lost his wife but has children
TeriLyn
**Absolution generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "You're asking for trouble." Stars

This story, a first for me by Ava Harrison, CONSUMED me. I couldn't stop reading so I read the whole thing in one sitting, staying up way too late to do it. It's painful, poignant, and full of broken moments. Absolution is also healing, full of love, and portrays all sides of humanity. How do we recover after tragic loss? Do we ever truly heal? Is guilt ever really erased? All questions Ava Ha
Kathy West
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jace and Sydney have a story that is very relatable. It's about love and loss and finding yourself again.

Jace is a single dad who lost his wife a year ago. Since then, he has thrown himself into his work. The more he works, the less he thinks about his loss.

Sydney is helping her best friend plan her wedding. She knows that she is going to have to deal with Jace, and from what she has heard he is not pleasant. But she is willing to do whatever she needs to do to make this wedding amazing.

There
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
3.5 Stars

So I am going with 3.5 stars on this one. I have to say firstly that I really enjoyed the story, it was heartbreaking, so much emotions and anxiety, anger and so much more.
Secondly, I don't know how I feel about Jace. He was for no better word a douche no two ways about it. I hated the way he treated his family, and most especially his kids. I mean they also lost someone.
I don't know about Sydney either. I felt like I wanted to slap her and say OMG move the hell on. The way he spoke to
Azalia
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jace Montgomery. Jace is handsome and wealthy. He is also a man who is a workaholic, heartbroken, numb, bitter, angry, anti-social and so very sad. He’s Preston Montgomery’s from “Transference” older brother. In this book “Absolution” ( which is a standalone) we meet Jace and we feel his emotions. Ava has written and described a man who on the outside seems like he has it all but, on the inside he is filled with torment. Sydney White. Sydney is beautiful and intelligent she loves with all her he ...more
❤Sana❤
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ❤Sana❤ by: L.J. Shen
⭐5 absolving stars⭐

“You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame. How could you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?”—Friedrich Nietzsche

All the stars!

All of them...

All. Of. Them!!!

“What are you looking for?”
“Absolution.”
“No one can absolve you. Only you can do that.”

I've read about damaged and fucked up heroes.

I know what an angsty story is.

I so feel what a heartbreaking story does, but nothing NOTHING prepared me for Jace and Sydney.

“He’s a mess. A hot mess. A sinfully hot m
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 She Healed Me CROWNS

Ava Harrison has a way of writing that makes readers live the journey with her couples. We feel the heartbreak, the hopelessness, the pain, but on the flip side we get to enjoy the healing, the redemption, and the joy that inevitably comes.

Jace is one of the surliest heroes I have encountered in quite some time, and he has a good reason. He is broken, shattered a bit beyond repair. Although he is belligerent at times, most of his anger is
Ava Harrison
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
FREE on Kindle Unlimited!
GRAB IT NOW ON RELEASE WEEK SPECIAL PRICE!
US: http://amzn.com/B07J4458JC
CA : https://amzn.to/2NsVxmm
AU: https://amzn.to/2E0miyS
UK: https://amzn.to/2E5UkBO
AVAILABLE IN AUDIO: https://adbl.co/2BWThl8
Michelle
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
Cindy M. Green
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Gummy Bear Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am familiar with Ava’s work. She writes swoony, frustratingly stubborn, yet lovable men with wonderful women that bring out the best in them. The story of Jace and Sydney is on another level, this is some of Ava’s best work. Her writing is very emotional, heartfelt and impactful in a way I didn’t see coming. I skipped reading the blurb, so I think the impact of Jace’s situation was even more powerful to me.

Jace is not an easy man to get along with. He pours himself in
Tia Louise
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a toe-curling, sexy, delicious book--I could not put it down!

Gorgeous writing, believable characters, a heartbreaking story that turns out so satisfying. Jace is a wounded, sexy hero you can't help but love, and Sydney is just perfect for him, caring, loving, patient...

I highly recommend this FIVE STAR read!
Maria Naydenova
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it

I have to admit I have some really mixed feelings about this book. It was a great book in some accounts, but it had so many plot holes and weak spots that I just can’t rate it higher. It started so promisingly and I felt the hero’s pain. I’ve read a few books with such subject matter and I never felt they portrayed this issue well. There was always something that felt off for me. Here I really thought it was more realistic. I tried to understand the hero and his struggles, but at some
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
Another heartbreakingly wonderful book by the amazing Ava! Oh, it hurt so good!
This book was simply beautiful in its ugliness. Meaning, in all of Jace’s outbursts of anger, conflict, and grief, Sydney could see through it and recognize his pain... she was exactly what he needed even though he didn’t know it. They shared some touching intimate moments early in their “relationship” that had my eyes welling up. She was a balm to his raw soul.
Jace is convinced he does not deserve to have a second
Virginia
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolution is an emotional story of learning to love again, of hope, and of healing.

Jace is an angry man. He lost his wife and hasn’t grieved or dealt with his loss. He needs to learn to cope and be a better person and father to his children. He meets Sydney and although he is resistant at first, she brings out a new side to him. A happy side, a side that sees hope and the ability to let someone in, a side that wants to be a better man and father.

Absolution is beautifully written, has a great pl
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
This is my first book by Ava Harrison and I was blown away by the story and definitely the writing.

Ab•so•lu•tion is the story of widower Jace, who is been living his life since his wife died trying to kill himself with work and alcohol. Not even his two children bring him any comfort. Knowing he has to be at his brother's wedding as best man is the last thing Jace wants to do. Until he meets the maid of honor Sydney.

This was such an emotional read. The pain that Jace was going through was laid
Melanie Cesa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There’s something mesmerizing about the way Ava Harrison writes. Not only does she write with fierce passion and heart, but she has a way of reaching deep within and making you feel everything. The pain, the sadness, the depth of the heartache, the hope.

Jace is so broken. The pain that radiates from him is felt through the pages. My heart ached for him and his children. His healing is painful, yet beautiful to see his growth.

Sydney is amazing! She’s been through a lot herself, but she has this
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ HEARTFELT STARS!! This book KILLED ME and BROUGHT ME BACK TO LIFE AGAIN. Ava Harrison has written a beautiful heartfelt story that punched all my emotion buttons. My heart was barely working reading Jace and Sydney's story. You definitely need to hear their story, it is unforgettable. These two characters are EVERYTHING and I loved every word in their story. Please do yourself a favor and read this book. I guarantee it will be in your top reads for 2018.
Rebecca Hunter
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A broken hero and oh-so much delicious angst!
Chloe reads
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 absolution stars

“There's a connection I felt with Jace. It's like the broken part of his soul attached to mine.”

I was captivated by Absolution from the first page. I honestly never expected to like this book as much as I have. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Ava Harrison's writing. She always finds a way to create perfectly imperfect, flawed, raw, human characters. I LOVE this author and Jace and Sydney 's story.

description

Sydney White is 28 years old woman living in
Bindi Boo
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Iman
Oct 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
So... this is the tale of a grieving really really huge asshole who I hated throughout the book. And who gets the girl after being a horrible person during the whole book without even grovelling one bit.
I had no respect for the h either by the way,since she spent the whole book letting him walk all over her...
All in all they may actually be a perfect match 😂😂
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This was a really powerful story. Packed with plenty of emotions, tragic history and characters who were very, very broken. Jace and Sydney definitely don't have your standard HEA story but it is a love story. A love story where I spent half the time yelling at my Ipad and the other half feeling sad for them. If you need a book to make you think and probably cry then this one's for you.

Can I also just say that this cover might be one of my favourites this year. Stunning!

I received an arc of thi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Best Laid Plans
  • Our Way
  • Hate Notes
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2)
  • All My Life
  • Trillion
  • Pricked
  • When Forever Changes (Forever Love #1)
  • Gym Junkie
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • All of Me (Confessions of the Heart, #2)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Mr. Spencer
  • Heartbreak Warfare
  • The Executive
  • The Trouble With Love
  • The Legacy (Rivers Wilde, #1)
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
Ava Harrison is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author.
When she’s not journaling her life, you can find her window shopping, cooking dinner for her family, or curled up on her couch reading a book.