Start by marking “5 Years Later” as Want to Read:

When I was 13, he stole my heart

When I was 18, he took my innocence

When I was 23, he said he would love me forever

When I was 28, he broke my heart

Now I'm 33... and there's a knock at the door. He's back, again. And this time he's not alone.

* Full length standalone romance with guaranteed HEA and no cheating *
Published April 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about 5 Years Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Years Later

When I was 18, he took my innocence

When I was 23, he said he would love me forever

When I was 28, he broke my heart

description
DON'T FORGET A TISSUE BOX.

This is a amazing story with so many twist and turns that while reading i could not stop crying.This story is about Lily and Aiden and there twisted love story which always bought destruction and heart break
Raj
Apr 26, 2017 added it
*******Spoiler Alert******
Somehow the pages of this book though inanimate seethe with the drug induced world of it's main character.It's a dark journey of one failed musician and 'his' girl who remained his constant light house for decades.

He 'poison gifted' her on her birthday every fifth year or so when he was not otherwise preoccupied,f#*ked her into an enchanted stupor,created havoc & left her until the next birthday or maybe the fifth in between various other women and one almost
Sbell
I had seen the advertisement for this book
on Twitter and Instagram. I was super excited
to read it, you know I love a friends
to lover kind of book.

UGGGGGGGG. This was not love, it was
not even close. Aidan and Lily were
co-dependent on each other. What
kind of man, that professes to love
a woman would only show up every
5 years? AND WHAT KIND OF WOMAN
WOULD LET HIM??? Lily was an
extremely weak heroine. She took any
scraps that Aidan had to offer, I mean
any.

Don't get me started on Aidan. He just
loves
A little birdie told me...
**Nicole
I am a complete sucker fro second chance romances, but frankly I'm just done with this one. He's fucked up and she has this need to need to fix him. Problem is she's more fucked up than he is and can't even see it.
With all the back and forth with 10 years ago, 5 years ago, present day I was getting whiplash.
Aiden pops in every years on her birthday and Lily just miraculously forgives him for leaving her hanging for 5 years and its just exhausting and it got old. Get your shit together and grow
P
Sep 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nope

This book was so confusing. Maybe it would have been decent if it was told on a linear timeline? Too much pointless drama, the 5 year thing is more creepy than a hook. I might have liked this story if it had one or two less steps, but taking place of 20 years? Too much. All of the romance is sucked out at this point. It’s not believable. They were both sleeping with other people. And sometime close to when he saw her last (5 years ago) he got involved with his sister in law and literally
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
A must read.

Now this is my first book and a new author to me.

A 4 star read for the past and present dual POV by both characters.

It’s not all perfect of flowers and chocolates but it’s a story about second chances, love, the life struggles the responsibilities that Aiden faced and fought for Lily every time, sometimes it felt like he could never catch a break. I did however love their chemistry (even though for me Lily was a tad annoying) but it made up for the last couple of chapters and
Romance Rehab
Aug 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
5 Years Later, despite having a great blurb and having been written by an author I’ve read and enjoyed in the past, didn’t work for me AT ALL. It’s basically the story of an alphahole jerkwad who disappears from a woman’s life just long enough for her to get her crap together, then comes back to wreck everything for her, over and over again. Rinse and repeat. I could end the review there, but let me elaborate on all the stuff I hated about the book:

Aidan, the “hero”:
I use the term hero very,
Maree Repa
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Searching For Love

I was so absolutely thrilled to read this this exciting romantic tale. Such a wonderful tale throughout this couple's sad life. Written by the amazing, London Casey. Such a wonderful brilliant book this was. I completely adored it!!

Lily was listening to the music. There was so much noise. The ground seemed to thump. As she starred at the surface where her drink was sitting was shook. Chatting to her close friend, Eve. Two men where watching them in the
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Holy shit, I think 5 Years Later is Jaxson and London's best work to date. It's a 20 year long look at addiction and the havoc it plays on someone and the people he loves. It's sad, gritty and unrelentingly honest. Lily and Aiden meet when she's 13 and he's 15. Their each other's first loves, but their road is not an easy one. She eventually gives him her virginity, only for him to slip out that night to go become a famous rockstar. He doesn't end up becoming famous, but, he does still love ...more
Auden Dar
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the last sentence in “5 Years Later,” I felt a surge of emotions come over me. Too many to list. I’ve read so many wonderful and memorable books this year and yet, I don’t think a story has hit me as hard as “5 Years Later” in a really long time. We’re talking ugly tears. The last time I was all choked up was Mia Kayla’s “Choosing Forever.”

We meet Aiden and Lily, two broken people whose lives have been connected for the past twenty years by… love. Told in different stages of their
Sherry
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not for me. All the jumping back and forth from past to present would have been fine if it had felt at all necessary. It only served to distort the narrative. But the main reason I gave this one star is because the characters were so flat and so one-dimensional that there was hardly anything of substance to them at all. They had very little backstory and very little real human motivation.
(view spoiler)
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
É uma leitura meio pesada porque os heróis ficam longo tempo separados e ele luta contra vícios. Eles vão se reencontrando ao longo dos anos e estes encontros sempre resultam em devastação na vida deles. Os heróis são bem complicados e é penoso acompanhar a trajetória deles, mas a história é bem escrita e prende a atenção do leitor.
----------------
Is a heavy reading because the heroes are long time apart and he fights against addictions. They will reunited over the years and these meetings
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
I'm a major sucker for those second chance romance tropes and I couldn't wait to dive into this one.

All the time jumps irked me the eff off! I couldn't take it. I can't stand when the H/h are apart for most of their lives. I could have dealt with the hero being a fuck up, but the time jumps, man, not for me. Some readers who don't mind those will probably get into this story more than I did.

I ended up skimming to the end. They have a HEA. So there's something.
Marta Nascimento
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy all the back and forth. It was a little annoying because it happened so many times. Not a fan of that. Otherwise, good book.
Lisa Menor
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

Lily and Aiden. Hit-and-miss. That was what the past fifteen years meant. They'd be on the same page, once every five years, only to crash and burn leaving each other to fend for themselves...again. The other, thinking, hoping, wishing things could be different. More. Maybe they are toxic when mixed? Maybe they are better together? Time would tell because they had no clue. Two people living two very different lives.
Lily, the fixer,
Rochelle
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book*

5 YEARS LATER

Wow what an emotional read, it was like a rollercoaster ride with so many ups and so many downs. It was such a intriguing and captivating read, bringing some of lifes true tragedies to light. The characters were amazing, they were loving and sweet but at times you couldn't help but feel real sadness for them. This is a well written story that has alot of flashback moments, but were all needed to get a true feeling and
Kimkbries
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book was amazing. Once I started I could not put it down. Lily and Aiden fell in love when they were teenagers. Separated and reunited through the years, their love grew but their life struggles were great. Heartache and happiness filled their journey as we discover how strong true love really is. This book had me in tears and then cheering them on for their HEA. A very emotional and very romantic love story!
Christine
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review. This is the story of two characters that love each other ,but can't get it together .To come together with all their mistakes life keeps coming around till it stops. Fated love . Very good.
Jasmine Vaughn
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
LT Loves Books
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first book of these 2 authors that I have read. It definitely made me feel a range of emotions from hopeful, to sadness and restlessness when the story changed to the past and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. It was a little confusing how it went back and forth through the years and when it went back the last time to almost the very start of their relationship I was wondering what was happening but it all came together in the end! This book was a one that took me on an ...more
Susan  Burgess-Ryan
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book ONE MILLION STARS I would. I have to say the story line and the characters made you feel so many different things. This is one heart gripping book by London Casey and Jaxson Kidman and you do not want to miss it. The story of Lily and Aiden will rock your world. I was worried that the going back and forth between the years would take away from the book, me personally I don't like so much of it. But this book was EPIC!!! Nothing was taken away from the love story between ...more
Megan Lowe
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I don't know how I got through this book. I loved the premise of this book, with childhood sweethearts, but the constant, and lengthy, flashbacks, just as the book was getting going, really ruined things for me. What also ruined things were the constant sex scenes. I love steam at the best of time, but in this book it was constant. It got to the point where I would skim over them. I don't think they added to the story, in fact, they got in the way of it.
This book had so much
Alicia
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not sure how I feel about this book so I’m going with a three star rating. I wish more of the story had been told in the present tense and that there was a little more focus on rebuilding their relationship after all the years lost. It seemed like the guy just up and left every five years and the lady readily took him back every time sigh basically no questions asked. I liked the synopsis of this book but it just didn’t quite deliver in the way I wanted it to.
Chiara
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure how to feel about this book..I gave it 4 stars because I enjoyed reading this emotional journey through the life of two broken souls and because it's very well written and captivating.
But, truth to be told, I had a hard time connecting with Aiden because, even though I understood his demons, I couldn't accept the way he treated Lily over the years.
Terri
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
One way I would describe this book is that it’s a story with much angst and dark cloud overtones. I was drawn in to the storyline right from the start. Lily and Aidens journey spans over 20 frustrating and heartbreaking years. It alternates between past and present and both H and h povs. I loved the many meaningful word and sentiments throughout this story. I loved it.
Janice Somers
This one was a hard one for me to read. I am one who doesn't like going past to present to past, or vice versa etc. Other than that I enjoyed the story. The ending made it worth the struggle reading the story. HEA and a surprise.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, london-casey
I didn't like the past and present in which it was written. I didn't care for this book at all.
Cc
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
***********spoilers************

3 stars only for the writing. In my opinion there's cheating, abandonment and emotional abuse of the heroine. This didn't feel like a romance, more like a cautionary tale and just because it spanned a 20(?) year span doesn't make it romantic. The heroine was used, just like H used drugs, just like he used every single person he came across and in my opinion his "son" too, for various emotional needs that he had. I never felt like he redeemed himself, just let

• Secret Exposure (St. Skin, #3)
  • In Her Words (St. Skin #1)
  • A Boy I Used to Love (St. Skin #2)
  • Nothing Lasts Forever (St. Skin, #6)
  • Our Last Road (St. Skin, #5)
  • Falling For Ryan: Part Two (Falling #2)
  • Falling For Ryan: Part One (Falling #1)
  • Lucky Kiss
  • Lost, Found, Loved (St. Skin, #4)
  • Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)
  • Getting Schooled
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Under Your Influence
  • When Forever Changes
  • Falling For Jax (Falling #3)
  • The Baby Bargain
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)

True Hearts (6 books)