Start by marking “Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)” as Want to Read:
Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)

Defy Me

(Shatter Me #5)

The gripping fifth installment in the New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling Shatter Me series. Will Juliette’s broken heart make her vulnerable to the strengthening darkness within her?

Juliette’s short tenure as the supreme commander of North America has been an utter disaster. When the children of the other world leaders show up on her doorstep, she
Expected publication: April 2nd 2019 by HarperTeen

King of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Wicked King by Holly BlackUntitled by Sarah J. MaasChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareCrescent City by Sarah J. Maas
Can't Wait Books of 2019
1,192 books — 2,705 voters
King of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Wicked King by Holly BlackThe Gilded Wolves by Roshani ChokshiChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareDescendant of the Crane by Joan He
YA Novels of 2019
751 books — 1,607 voters

More lists with this book...

Whitney Atkinson
Mar 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipating
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
UPDATE:
We have a cover! I'm not really happy with it though. I know that probably makes me a bean counter, but I'm used to amazing covers from the other four books so this is kind of a disappointment. It looks almost exactly like the "Restore Me" cover and I just would have wished for another amazing colourful and epic book cover. =) Can't blame me for being such a huge fan, right? ;-P

P.S: I don't hate the cover! All the "Shatter Me" covers are beautiful in their own way. =)

_____________________
Candace Robinson
Feb 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Another beautiful eyeball cover!! 👁

The title is perfect!!! 🙌🏻

If anyone needs to be restored after reading Restore Me, it’s me! Where the crap is this next book with a release date! I feel utterly emotional at the moment!!
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Oct 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
I have a feeling that Kenji POV is going to be the best!? The sneak peek of the first chapter was great and I can’t wait to have this book in my hands.
——

3 POV’s! THIS BOOK WILL HAVE 3 POV’s !!! (Juliette, Warmer and Kenji)

And this is not going to end in a cliffhanger. That’s good news, right?
———

That snick peek almost killed me. I need this book immediately.
Little Warner and Juliette.
———
According to Tahereh Mafi this is the most emotional book in the series.
I’M FINE.
Really.
I’m fine.
So we
Nick
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Okay this is getting out of hands.
Warda
Apr 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
I never thought I would actually be anticipating these books and now look at me? Craaaaving for more Juliette/Warner action (BECAUSE REVELATIONS!) and some of good ol' Kenji bae! 😍
Mari Yeung
Unpopular opinion, that cover is way too similar to Restore Me and it looks like they’re out of ideas... I also don’t like the eyelashes, they’re too angular and stark in comparison to the colors and the overall lines on the cover.
Sigh, now even this series covers disappoint me, what am I gonna do?
At least the colors are great.
Jackie
Mar 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: buy-asap, series-tbr
I GOT WHAT I WANTED BITCH. THIS TITLE IS SO POWERFUL. DEFY ME. MISS JULIETTE FERRARS IS GONNA SNAP IN THIS BOOK AND I'M SO READY. LET'S GO LESBIANS!

May 7th 2018
I NEED A RELEASE DATE AND TITLE STAT
Mary S. R.
May 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
I didn't actually want to review the cover but I've seen many people saying it's exactly like Restore Me—and it's really not.

While I honestly adore Tahereh Mafi's other books/series, I'm really not the biggest fan of the Shatter Me books—don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading the series.

However, I can't deny that some of the negative vibe around the cover is a little out of place. I love how Restore Me and Defy Me look together, it's all aesthetics :)

They're similar enough to belong together, b
Stacey
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
DEFY ME LET’S GO BEST BOOK OF 2019
Hamad
Mar 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
I hope the story is better than the cover (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
P.S. The cover itself is not bad but it is like they were short on time and just edited the last cover and we have this :(
P
Mar 11, 2018 marked it as anxiously-waiting
Hey, Warner, look what you made me do.
The old Juliette can't come to the phone right now, though.

Jessi ♡
Nov 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
this is already the best book of 2019
Wynne Katherine
Mar 06, 2018 marked it as to-read

Hi.

I...uh....just finished Restore Me.

And...uh...I...uh...kind of need this book...like....RIGHT NOW?

Blog : Click here for more of my reviews
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
I cry at the release date D:

It's to far awaaaaayyyyy
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MARCH 5TH TO FIND OUT IF WARNER IS OKAY????

WHAT KIND OF SAVAGERY IS THIS????
Neil (or bleed)

TITLE
YOU GUYS !! ✨

defy me.

i love it! ✨

UM THIS COVER IS BEAUTIFUL. but also, is the spine gonna be the same as restore me??? because all the others are different 😭
Menna
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
in case you were wondering the answer is yes i WOULD die for tahereh and shatter me
Aya Hamza
Mar 28, 2018 marked it as wishlist
(view spoiler) I am concerned.

I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!
Tara ☽
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Eh...I don't like the cover
Alana • thebookishchick
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: sci-fi
I have no idea how I forgot to add this to my TBR after Restore Me...probably because I was so traumatized.

But I'm three seconds away from selling a kidney on Craigslist for this.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram
Esra Cevahir
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorite-covers
Bu serideki her kapak nasıl bu kadar güzel olabiliyor?

Maggie
Mar 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
y'all restore me ended up killing me instead. i have no idea how to wait another year to find out what happens. that cliffhanger made me wanna jump off a cliff 😭 😭 😭 😭

(view spoiler)
Gracie Malfoy
Mar 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
So there will be another book?
I have absolutely no idea how I feel about that
description
I mean I really do not care about the other characters but I really want to know if Kenji and Warner are alright.
description
What if-What if they are hurt?
I can not live with that.
I need this book.

Chi
Aug 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Considering Restore Me has shocking cliffhanger,so I assume it’s wiser to wait until I get the copy of Defy Me🤪
•MayyBabieeReadsss•
Jan 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-tbr, good-series
1/31/19
This is just my opinion
ok... really excited for this book, truly.
HOWEVER>>>>>>> I've been waiting MONTHS for a cover reveal and I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.
These eye covers never let me down, they are beautiful and they change some everytime.
BUT THIS?
This is Restore Me with mucked up eyelashes and purple letters... Whee bit lazy?
Where's the beauty? Wheres the unique cover that promises an enticing new turn in a story I already love?
I know, I know... never judge a boo
Rahma Abdelrahman
January 24, 2019
We have a cover!
Not what I expected. Looks like the covers of the second trilogy are sticking with the white theme, and focussing on playing with the eyelashes instead of changing the colour for each book. Interesting idea!
[Edit: Defy Me's cover is also more of a darker shade of grey than white compared to that of Restore Me when you look at both covers next to each other. Does that mean book 6 will have an even darker shade?]

August 26, 2018
Just noticed there’s a title! And a
Nicki Chapelway
Sep 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
What? I have to wait until April of 2019???

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.

And what is up with that rubbish synopsis? It basically says what happened in the last book. I ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST BOOK!

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS EITHER.

AND WHERE IS MY WARNER?!?!?!?!?!
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I only have eyes for you baby.... ok I’ll see myself out now.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Defy Me (Shatter Me #5) by Tahereh Mafi--> Starting April 11 2019 3 5 Mar 20, 2019 06:39AM
Aaron Warner 2 19 Jan 29, 2019 07:04AM
Shatter Me Addicts: Defy Me Cover Release! 1 6 Jan 26, 2019 02:42AM
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Feels (Impostors, #2)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
  • The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Untitled (The Diabolic, #3)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Untitled (Crescent City, #2)
  • Untitled (Untitled Trilogy, #3)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
Tahereh Mafi is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Shatter Me series. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California with her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. She can usually be found over-caffeinated and stuck in a book. Shatter Me is her first series, with television rights optioned by ABC Signature Studios; Fur ...more

Shatter Me (6 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Untitled (Shatter Me, #6)